PDA

View Full Version : Jags cut Bouman, Edwards now #2 QB

Ickybaluky
10-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Trent Edwards is one David Garrard hit away from playing at RWS as a visitor.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Saw this coming.

The knee jerk reaction, which everyone praised here, looks pretty silly in light of how badly Fitz struggled.

News flash: Winning starts with the lines.

BertSquirtgum
10-05-2010, 11:35 AM
i can't imagine how bad trent would have looked in the jets game. i think the score would have been 63-3

HHURRICANE
10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
i can't imagine how bad trent would have looked in the jets game. i think the score would have been 63-3

Without a line it doesn't matter who the QB is. You guys just don't get it. Wood was so good on Sunday that he got pulled. This is the guy that everyone was so excited about. I'd rather have Peters.

BertSquirtgum
10-05-2010, 11:40 AM
chan explained that they take wood out for a few reps because he's still not 100%.

DraftBoy
10-05-2010, 11:41 AM
chan explained that they take wood out for a few reps because he's still not 100%.

And if you buy that, I have beach front property here in Atlanta for sale.

BertSquirtgum
10-05-2010, 11:43 AM
i have some in arizona. it's a real good deal.

edit: i never said i believe the bull****. that's just what the coach said when asked about why he was taken out.

Night Train
10-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Trent Edwards is one David Garrard hit away from playing at RWS as a visitor.

The Bills could line up 11 people at the LOS, knowing he'd never launch a 3 yard bomb.

DraftBoy
10-05-2010, 11:48 AM
The Bills could line up 11 people at the LOS, knowing he'd never launch a 3 yard bomb.

Of course they would also still not even touch him.

The last buffalo fan
10-05-2010, 11:50 AM

If we were playing against Dick Jauron I'll do it, but we are playing Jack del Rio.

RockStar36
10-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I don't even think the Bills would've scored three points against the Jets with Edwards.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Now wait a minute, folks. The Jets play a Cover 2, not a 3-4. Trent at least would've had a chance!

trapezeus
10-05-2010, 12:04 PM
so you said that Garrad would have to be hit for edwards to go in. Garrad won't even need to wash his jersey. He will handoff to Maurice Jones drew until the bills stop it.

as a result, he won't stop handing off to Maurice Jones Drew.

Edwards will not come into this game. if he does, he'll do the same thing.

psubills62
10-05-2010, 12:05 PM
I don't think that this news in any way signifies that the Bills made a mistake getting rid of Edwards.

Beebe's Kid
10-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Don't give up the ship!!! Don't give up the ship!!! Don't give up the ship!!!

Peters and Edwards are gone. Time to let go.

Who gives a **** if Trent plays in Jacksonville? This is like they guy that can't sleep because he is worrying if he could have gotten a better deal on a car. It doesn't matter...it's over.

When I think back to last year, and the first two games this year...I am grateful that I will never have to have my Sundays ruined with Trent at QB for the Bills again. Whatever it was, it was painful, it was boring, and it's over.

How horrible Fitz looked? Fitz looked like our one player that gave a flying ****.

HAMMER
10-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Without a line it doesn't matter who the QB is. You guys just don't get it. Wood was so good on Sunday that he got pulled. This is the guy that everyone was so excited about. I'd rather have Peters.

This post is a douche. We do get it, we don't have a line. Point is at least Fitz has the balls and brains to pull it down and run for his life. Edwards stood there and took the hit or curled into the fetal position. There would have been an additional five sacks had Edwards played. Don't act like you're some kind of football guru and we are plebians.

Beebe's Kid
10-05-2010, 12:07 PM
so you said that Garrad would have to be hit for edwards to go in. Garrad won't even need to wash his jersey. He will handoff to Maurice Jones drew until the bills stop it.

as a result, he won't stop handing off to Maurice Jones Drew.

Edwards will not come into this game. if he does, he'll do the same thing.

I wonder if they'll do all of the tricky things that Jets did. I don't know who heard Poz's comments, but he was talking about how they were in the right place to make tackles then the RB would cut the other way...that might have been the most hopeless thing I have ever heard.

Dr. Lecter
10-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Saw this coming.

The knee jerk reaction, which everyone praised here, looks pretty silly in light of how badly Fitz struggled.

Fitz struggled?

He might have been the Bills best player Sunday. That is not saying much but at least he does not run out of bounds after gaining 6 yards on 4th and 14.

trapezeus
10-05-2010, 12:10 PM
beebe, poz's comment leads me to believe this team is totally under talented.
if you know what the opponent is doing, and you are in the right position to make the play, but they are making a move and you can't stop it to the tune of 200+ yards rushing, you simply don't have the talent to play at this level.

I think a lot of us could study the game all day and night, and realize tendencies. we could even stand in the gaps that the runs were coming in, but we wouldn't be able to stop the play.

That's where the talent gap is largest.

It is a defense of gailey and edwards, but it's very damning for a team with 9 #1 and #2 round draft picks at its disposal.

OpIv37
10-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Saw this coming.

Not sure what games you were watching.

We scored 23 offensive points against NE, which is more than what Edwards ever accomplished. And Fitz struggled early against the Jets but he also had at least 4 balls dropped and got no help from the D or the running game. He was one of the better players on the field for the Bills, if not the best.

trapezeus
10-05-2010, 12:25 PM
i think between edwards and fitz, fitz is the guy to have on a longer term basis. fitz is more durable and a smart guy. he simply doesn't have the tools to make certain plays happen.

but that would be very helpful for a rookie Qb.

Edwards is so risk adverse on plays, i don't think you want him talking to a rookie qb. Also, i don't see him as durable enough as a starter or backup. Therefore, with his poor play, there is zero upside to keep him.

Peters is part of a weak OL in philly. there are concerns there. and he has shown himself ot be good when he needs or wants to be, but lazy enough to be unreliable.

yes, he's better than what we have, but we'd still have issues.

This team needs a center who can get the right line calls out and a LT.

justasportsfan
10-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Not sure what games you were watching.

We scored 23 offensive points against NE, which is more than what Edwards ever accomplished. And Fitz struggled early against the Jets but he also had at least 4 balls dropped and got no help from the D or the running game. He was one of the better players on the field for the Bills, if not the best.

HH is still yearning for Trent.

TedMock
10-05-2010, 01:18 PM

I don't believe the Wood thing Gailey is selling. I think Wood's leg still isn't completely underneath him and it won't be until next season that he's completely right. He's going to struggle at times and get pulled and Gailey is going to sell it as calculated. I don't believe it, but I get it.

As for Peters - it's funny how we all loved him (well, except his last two seasons), but the Philly fans hate him. I have four die-hard, native Philly fans in my department at work and they always give me grief about Peters. Every single one of them say he's been terrible since he got there. I don't watch Philly every week, so I won't pretend to know for certain. Just what they complain about.

Philagape
10-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Saw this coming.

Why? Fitz has been 10 times the QB Edwards was. A position was improved upon, that deserves praise.

Thief
10-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Saw this coming.

News flash: Winning starts with the lines.Dude, Fitzs struggling still looked way better than Edwards.

Mr. Pink
10-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Not a surprise.

There's no way Garrard plays the whole game vs Philly two weekends ago if Bouman was a capable backup.

Risin
10-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Now wait a minute, folks. The Jets play a Cover 2, not a 3-4. Trent at least would've had a chance!

The Jets play one of the most aggressive 3-4's in the league, when an offense is in their base package.

The Bills play one of the most passive 3-4's in the NFL, which is why I can't understand why we changed philosophies. ( I am a huge fan of an aggressive 3-4 , like the Steelers zone blitz scheme)

The intriguing part of a 34 defense is that the 4th pass rusher is normally disguised. In the case of our piss poor excuse for a 34, we basically let Kelsay get into a 3-point stance, so it's obvious he will be the rusher. (it's almost a 43 to be honest) I always felt they did this out of necessity because Kelsay is so worthless in coverage, but his new contract makes me think we will never be the 34 team I envisioned.

Sorry to go off topic, but this is one of a million things I dislike about the current defense.

Mad Max
10-05-2010, 05:59 PM
I hope Edwards gets into the game so we can decide whether or not it's time to cut bait on Maybin. Because if he can't get Edwards, he's not getting anyone, ever.

New Ro's Greatest
10-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Saw this coming.

Trent is not good with a line. He can't read defenses. He is a career backup at best! That was the best move of the whole year we made. GO BILLS:rockout: