PDA

View Full Version : WE NEED A QB

THATHURMANATOR
10-05-2010, 11:32 AM
For those who think a Good QB won't help look at St Louis. Bradford is performing great with a sub par team.

Getting the QB(which is heads and shoulders the most important player on the team) doesn't mean we neglect other needs. LB/LT/RT/C/DT/DE/WR/TE can still be addressed.

GET THE QB PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DraftBoy
10-05-2010, 11:40 AM
We should just draft nothing but QB's next draft.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2010, 11:42 AM
The o-line is terrible. You can talk QB all you want but the line is the number one problem.

We have the worst line in football and everyone wants to pretend it isn't. Eric Wood is the Poz of the o-line.

Night Train
10-05-2010, 11:43 AM
We should just draft nothing but QB's next draft.

Then use all the extra 7th round comp picks on long snappers..like 4 of them. :up:

DraftBoy
10-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Then use all the extra 7th round comp picks on long snappers..like 4 of them. :up:

See now you have gone too far! Garrison Sanborn may be our best player.

hydro
10-05-2010, 11:46 AM
The o-line is terrible. You can talk QB all you want but the line is the number one problem.

We have the worst line in football and everyone wants to pretend it isn't. Eric Wood is the Poz of the o-line.

I keep seeing arguments to this same effect but it's still wrong. Sorry.

ublinkwescore
10-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Don't get me wrong, I want a franchise QB, I just don't think I'd necessarily throw him to the wolves behind this Line - I don't want to see any D drafted besides LB - but O has to be the emphasis of our next draft.

kelly2reed4six
10-05-2010, 11:55 AM
For those who think a Good QB won't help look at St Louis. Bradford is performing great with a sub par team.

Getting the QB(which is heads and shoulders the most important player on the team) doesn't mean we neglect other needs. LB/LT/RT/C/DT/DE/WR/TE can still be addressed.

I agree, however if they are going to draft a franchise QB next year they HAVE to at least get a middle of the line LT. We don't have to have a premier guy next year, but it has to be upgraded or else we will ruin our #1 QB pick.

Nighthawk
10-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Anybody who doesn't believe that QB is the #1 position on a football team is seriously fooling themselves. Now, this doesn't mean that we don't need to upgrade/fix the OL, but there is no doubt that it is much more important to get a good QB high if possible, then passing on a franchise QB to address the OL.

THATHURMANATOR
10-05-2010, 12:20 PM

I don't disagree with you AT ALL. We also have the worst QBs in Football. Get the most important position squared away.

I am all for beefing up the line as well either through FA or 2nd, 3rd Round.

THATHURMANATOR
10-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Anybody who doesn't believe that QB is the #1 position on a football team is seriously fooling themselves. Now, this doesn't mean that we don't need to upgrade/fix the OL, but there is no doubt that it is much more important to get a good QB high if possible, then passing on a franchise QB to address the OL.
Passing on the Franchise QB for a LT would be the dumbest move ever made by the Buffalo Bills.

Nighthawk
10-05-2010, 12:21 PM
I don't disagree with you AT ALL. We also have the worst QBs in Football. Get the most important position squared away.

I am all for beefing up the line as well either through FA or 2nd, 3rd Round.

Agreed...QB is the #1 priority to fill...then OL...and so forth.

THATHURMANATOR
I agree, however if they are going to draft a franchise QB next year they HAVE to at least get a middle of the line LT. We don't have to have a premier guy next year, but it has to be upgraded or else we will ruin our #1 QB pick.
Absolutely! Why can't we get the QB and better the line at the same time?

Nighthawk
Passing on the Franchise QB for a LT would be the dumbest move ever made by the Buffalo Bills.

I know and I would hope it wouldn't happen.

THATHURMANATOR
Don't get me wrong, I want a franchise QB, I just don't think I'd necessarily throw him to the wolves behind this Line - I don't want to see any D drafted besides LB - but O has to be the emphasis of our next draft.
We are going to suck next year too. The QB can be eased in. We can upgrade the line in Free Agency.

Nighthawk
10-05-2010, 12:23 PM
We are going to suck next year too. The QB can be eased in. We can upgrade the line in Free Agency.

This organization needs to start filling holes via FA also and not just hoping the draft works out for them. As soon as they understand this, then we will see some improvement.

THATHURMANATOR
10-05-2010, 12:27 PM
This organization needs to start filling holes via FA also and not just hoping the draft works out for them. As soon as they understand this, then we will see some improvement.
100% with you.

malo
10-05-2010, 12:44 PM

while i agree qb is not the #1 problem, it has to be addressed first. Or else you end up with another Levi Brown.

justasportsfan
10-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Just think of the bills' glory days in the 90's.

You need a franchise qb . It starts with a Jim Kelly.

TheBrownBear
10-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Don't get your hopes up. We'll probably draft six Chris Kelsays and a punt-catcher.

Ground Chuck
10-05-2010, 05:35 PM

:bf1:

X-Era
10-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Its coming. I think it will be very early in the draft, I really do. Patience.

Typ0
10-05-2010, 05:59 PM
it really begs the question why we have, for so long, not done anything for the position other than hold on for guys with "some upside". You don't draft your franchise QB as a strategy. You have solid players at the position and then if the guy you like is available to you go get him. There are plenty of FA QBs that should have been on this team in the last 5 years. People just have to face that this organization just isn't serious about winning.