PDA

View Full Version : Who coaches next season after Gailey fired???

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Let's assume coach Gailey gets fired after this season after fumbling around the sideline and leading the team to an 0-16 season. Fairly safe assumption is it not? (It would be fantastic if Nix were also give the boot).

My preference next season, after Gailey is tossed to the curb, one of the following guys be named as head coach:

1 Bob Stoops
2 Jon Gruden
3 Brian Billick
4 Rick Neuheisel

We need to quit screwing around with the head coaching, gm, qb, and OL positions and get some real talent in here.

:duel:
Thoughts?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Let's assume coach Gailey gets fired after this season after fumbling around the sideline and leading the team to an 0-16 season. Fairly safe assumption is it not? (It would be fantastic if Nix were also give the boot).

My preference is next season, after Gailey is tossed to the curb, one of the following guys be name as a head coach:

1 Bob Stoops
2 Jon Gruden
3 Brian Billeck
4 Rick Neuheisel

We need to quit screwing around with the head coaching, gm, qb, and OL positions and get some real talent in here.

Thoughts?
Yes, yes. Bravo. I'd love ANY of those coaches, especially Stoops.

DraftBoy
10-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Ill pass on them all.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Ill pass on them all.
Are you nuts? Who would you like Rich Kotite or the return of Hank Bullough? LOL. Get real.:laughing:

mikemac2001
10-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Really i know your last post was how you lost faith in gailey

so now gotta post who will replace him.

next will be why you hate gailey

then the following why gailey sucks and when will we fire him.

DraftBoy
10-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Are you nuts? Who would you like Rich Kotite or the return of Hank Bullough? LOL. Get real.:laughing:

Gruden has done nothing outside of the team that Dungy built

For all of Billick's offensive genius, it was his D not his O that won his Super Bowl

Stoops is a college coach, and would likely flirt with us before dumping us to stay at OU, where he is a god.

Neuheisel is a joke, he's having a hard enough time turning UCLA around in one of the most talent rich states in the entire country in terms of HS football. And his chief rival just got ***** slapped by the NCAA, and he has one of the brightest OC's in all of college football helping him (Norm Chow).

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-05-2010, 11:54 AM

For all of Billick's offensive genius, it was his D not his O that won his Super Bowl

Stoops is a college coach, and would likely flirt with us before dumping us to stay at OU, where he is a god.

Neuheisel is a joke, he's having a hard enough time turning UCLA around in one of the most talent rich states in the entire country in terms of HS football. And his chief rival just got ***** slapped by the NCAA, and he has one of the brightest OC's in all of college football helping him (Norm Chow).
:laughing:

trapezeus
10-05-2010, 11:55 AM
i have no faith that the bills will depart from gailey, and i'm not sure yet that that is the right move.

i will say that a coaching change would still not address the lack of talent.

patmoran2006
10-05-2010, 12:05 PM
We can go 0-16 and Gailey isn't getting fired after this season.

Nighthawk
10-05-2010, 12:13 PM
We can go 0-16 and Gailey isn't getting fired after this season.

You're right...this organization would probably give him an extension!

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-05-2010, 12:14 PM
You're right...this organization would probably give him an extension!

Our misery continues.....

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-05-2010, 06:18 PM
i have no faith that the bills will depart from gailey, and i'm not sure yet that that is the right move.

i will say that a coaching change would still not address the lack of talent.

You may very well be correct...sadly. :baghead:

Mr. Pink
10-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Kirk Ferentz or Marc Trestman.

Unfortunately Gailey won't be fired.

New Ro's Greatest
10-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Gailey aint getting fired this season. Maybe next season but not this one lol. GO BILLS:yle:

Lexwhat
10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Gailey is not going to be fired, unless he pulls 0-16. If he does that, I give it a 50% chance that he's fired.

Anyways, I think this thread is pointless. We couldn't get a "real" head coach last off-season, so what makes next off-season any different?

tampabay25690
10-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Gailey is not going anywhere........

BillyT92679
10-05-2010, 08:21 PM
does anybody think that Ralph would eat a long term coaching contract a year and a half after just eating another one
no matter how cheap Chan comes it ain't going to happen
Kay Stephenson got to go 2-14, and then 0-4 before he finally got fired... Bullough was the last coach to get fired with less than 24 games coached. Mularkey got two seasons, but "quit" anyway

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Gailey is not going to be fired, unless he pulls 0-16. If he does that, I give it a 50% chance that he's fired.

Anyways, I think this thread is pointless. We couldn't get a "real" head coach last off-season, so what makes next off-season any different?

My feeling, based upon your theory, is that we will have a 50% shot of getting a new head coach next season.

thejosh213
10-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Really. After 4 games, against one of the toughest schedules in the league, with a bunch of cast offs from the jauron era, you're ready to get rid of gailey? Ill at least give him a chance to field a team with his own players. Wake up people, this isn't madden on xbox.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Really. After 4 games, against one of the toughest schedules in the league, with a bunch of cast offs from the jauron era, you're ready to get rid of gailey? Ill at least give him a chance to field a team with his own players. Wake up people, this isn't madden on xbox.

Gailey has shown us squat. His resume was very weak from day 1. He was a mistake, much like Edwards was a mistake. He's already lost the team. Time to look at other options. Sorry, but facts are stubborn things.

Demon
10-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Jim Harbough.

Tbuffalobills
10-05-2010, 11:06 PM
There is this young coach we should hire..some guy named Marv Levy....lol...

Keep Gailey!

G Wolly
10-05-2010, 11:12 PM
What the **** is wrong with you people?

It's his first year here with 4 games under his belt.

Given this cast of ****-ups you expect him to come in and do what exactly?

These threads are redundant and each one of them is as stupid as the last.

Gailey isn't going anywhere. Shut up.

Demon
10-05-2010, 11:14 PM

Keep believing that. LOL

G Wolly
10-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Keep believing that. LOL

It's not a matter of believing this or that, it's a matter of realism.

As stated in the other thread, the release of Edwards and Lynch trade show that he's making moves to try and steer this ship in the right direction.

Grow up and stop being so ignorant.

Demon
10-05-2010, 11:26 PM
It's not a matter of believing this or that, it's a matter of realism.

As stated in the other thread, the release of Edwards and Lynch trade show that he's making moves to try and steer this ship in the right direction.

Grow up and stop being so ignorant.

Making moves? Or, making moves TOO late?

Could we have cut Edwards a long time ago and played out Fitz, Brohm and Brown the whole year to get a look at what we have?

Could we have traded Lynch to Seattle in the off-season when the offer was given to us AND we could have kept Joque Bell?

These guys are clueless and obviously over their heads. Gailey won't last long. He may get a 2nd year if he somehow turns this trainwreck around and turns it into 3 wins or something, but thats all he'll be given. He won't coach two full years.

Someone has to pay for not noticing the mistakes he kept on the team and someone has to pay for hiring all these losers as assistant coaches and that man will be Gailey.

G Wolly
10-05-2010, 11:27 PM

Could we have cut Edwards a long time ago and played out Fitz, Brohm and Brown the whole year to get a look at what we have?

Could we have traded Lynch to Seattle in the off-season when the offer was given to us AND we could have kept Joque Bell?

These guys are clueless and obviously over their heads. Gailey won't last long. He may get a 2nd year if he somehow turns this trainwreck around and turns it into 3 wins or something, but thats all he'll be given. He won't coach two full years.

Someone has to pay for not noticing the mistakes he kept on the team and someone has to pay for hiring all these losers as assistant coaches and that man will be Gailey.

Keep believing that. LOL

thejosh213
10-05-2010, 11:45 PM
How soon we as fans forget. Someone on this board said "things have to get worse before they get better." I couldn't agree more. I understand how people are anxious to win, but firing a coach every year is not the way to go. Stability is the key to success. Gailey was handed a crap roster from the beginning, noone can turn this ship around overnight. It hasn't been even half a season, and all you chicken littles are calling for his head. Give it a rest. Give Gailey a chance to get HIS players on this roster. Then make your decision. Do any of you see last years team winning those 4 games?

ServoBillieves
10-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Our misery continues.....

It takes more than 1 **** season under the garbage you're handed to develop a good team. We've seen... Edwards, Meredith, and Lynch get axed so far.

If I was chan, I can see very little that I'd be hoping for. And that'd be through the draft, which doesn't change a thing (this early) at all. It's tough knoing you're so terrible that you just hope for what will happen in the preseason/predraft/presituation.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-06-2010, 04:31 AM
TO MOST OF THE GUYS ON THIS POST:

CHECK THIS PLACE OUT:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/register.php?do=signup

It is a great place for your kind of posts and ideas. I think the faster you get over there the more fun you can have debating your thoughts. Have fun! It was grea, or, it was nice having you here, take care.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-06-2010, 05:23 AM

Game. Set. Match.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-06-2010, 05:24 AM
TO MOST OF THE GUYS ON THIS POST:

CHECK THIS PLACE OUT:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/register.php?do=signup

It is a great place for your kind of posts and ideas. I think the faster you get over there the more fun you can have debating your thoughts. Have fun! It was grea, or, it was nice having you here, take care.

:nono: Thanks for the offer, but I prefer this great forum. Great fans, lively discussion and passion to win...Don't let the door hit you on the hindquarters on the way out. LOL.

X-Era
10-06-2010, 06:05 AM
We can go 0-16 and Gailey isn't getting fired after this season.Totally agree.

Now could George Edwards be gone? Yeah
Could Bruce DeHaven be gone? Yeah
Could we add a young offensive mind to help Gailey? Yeah

Jan Reimers
10-06-2010, 07:08 AM
I was working in D.C. when Joe Gibbs was hired by the 'Skins for the first time - 1981, I think. The team started 0-5 and fans were calling for Gibbs' head. The owner (Jack Kent Cooke) stayed with him, and the rest is history.

While this most probably will not happen for us, a coach DOES need more than a handful of games to right a sinking ship.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-06-2010, 07:13 AM

Disagree.

The Raiders were pretty good when and shortly after he left. Matter a fact I think they went to the SB the year after Gruden left for TB.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-06-2010, 07:19 AM
I don't believe ANY HC we could have hired would have brought us much of a different result. What Buffalo needs is a strong football mind, like what they have in Cleveland. A guy like Holmgren to run the team from the background...until the team gets back on its feet. Then maybe plug in a new coach that can take a decent team to the next level. Until we have that...you can fire/hire coaches every season and see no better result. I don't care for Gailey, and he wouldn't be my choice for Bills HC, but I dont think anyone else is gonna do any better at this point.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-06-2010, 07:49 AM
I don't believe ANY HC we could have hired would have brought us much of a different result. What Buffalo needs is a strong football mind, like what they have in Cleveland. A guy like Holmgren to run the team from the background...until the team gets back on its feet. Then maybe plug in a new coach that can take a decent team to the next level. Until we have that...you can fire/hire coaches every season and see no better result. I don't care for Gailey, and he wouldn't be my choice for Bills HC, but I dont think anyone else is gonna do any better at this point.

Nix needs to be shown the door as well. Foolish he did nothing in the offseason to upgrade the roster positions where we had our biggest gaping holes. Gailey seems like a decent asst coach type, nothing more.

User Manuel
10-06-2010, 08:15 AM

My preference next season, after Gailey is tossed to the curb, one of the following guys be named as head coach:

1 Bob Stoops
2 Jon Gruden
3 Brian Billick
4 Rick Neuheisel

Thoughts?

I'd put the chances of Gailey getting fired at approximately 1%, even if they go 0-16. The owner and GM know the deck he is dealing with.

ddaryl
10-06-2010, 09:04 AM

really and who is going to fire these guys.. I seriously doubt Brandon will and I know Ralph won't in less then 2 years. Not while they are purging players. Not until they spend money bringing in some FA's that are supposed ot make a difference. When that fails then you'll get your wish.

Nothing will happen in less then 2 years so if this is what you needtot happen to be satisfied you probably want to stop being a Bills fans for a couple years.. I bet the farm it doesn't happen. :bullseye:

RockStar36
10-06-2010, 09:08 AM

:bf1:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-06-2010, 09:20 AM
I was working in D.C. when Joe Gibbs was hired by the 'Skins for the first time - 1981, I think. The team started 0-5 and fans were calling for Gibbs' head. The owner (Jack Kent Cooke) stayed with him, and the rest is history.

While this most probably will not happen for us, a coach DOES need more than a handful of games to right a sinking ship.

I thought about that. Bottom line is Chan Gailey is no Joe Gibbs. Fact.

G Wolly
10-06-2010, 11:59 AM
I thought about that. Bottom line is Chan Gailey is no Joe Gibbs. Fact.

Bottom line is that cutting a coach after starting 0-5 in his first season with a new team doesn't help.

Fact.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Bottom line is that cutting a coach after starting 0-5 in his first season with a new team doesn't help.

Fact.

Gailey has not done jack to improve this team, other than cutting Edwards, albeit 9 months later than he should have. There is a reason why he has been passed over for head coaching positions countless times.
Quite frankl Nix should be shown the door as well for bumbling his responsibilities and given Gailey absolutely no tools to work with. Fact.

G Wolly
10-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Gailey has not done jack to improve this team, other than cutting Edwards, albeit 9 months later than he should have. There is a reason why he has been passed over for head coaching positions countless times.
Quite frankl Nix should be shown the door as well for bumbling his responsibilities and given Gailey absolutely no tools to work with. Fact.

Your ignorance shines through yet again with another redundant post.

I'm not sure you understand the concept of building a team.

RockStar36
10-06-2010, 12:33 PM

This isn't a game of Madden.

G Wolly
10-06-2010, 12:35 PM
This isn't a game of Madden.

Simulate season.

billz83
10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
i dunno i think they would get another BUM coach that will be yet again just another yes man for wilson...the only thing i liked gailey doing so far is cutting captain checkdown..so far gailey hasnt brought in ANY TALENTED free agents..didnt address the OLINE(DEFINITELY SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT)..ignored the QB position(sumhow he thought edwards had talent HAHAHAHA..had to be drunk) and overall hasnt dont ****, proven ****, or impressed me EVEN A LIL BIT..EVERYONE KNOWS there is NO TALENT on this roster sooo y didnt gailey do sumthing about this in his first year he had the ENTIRE OFFSEASON to address this issue and yet he ignored it just like the bills have done for the last FEWW years! if Gailey wants respect hes going to have to earn it!

G Wolly
10-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Are all of you people the same guy, or did you have a meeting where you all decided to post the same ignorant redundant views?

Joe Fo Sho
11-22-2010, 02:09 PM

1 Bob Stoops
2 Jon Gruden
3 Brian Billick
4 Rick Neuheisel

Thoughts?

This is why nobody on Earth takes you seriously.

Bangarang
11-22-2010, 02:16 PM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4289/1jly5d.jpg

justasportsfan
11-22-2010, 02:19 PM
:roflmao:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-22-2010, 02:19 PM
This is why nobody on Earth takes you seriously.
That's a post by Taylor, not Dr. Zaius, for the record. Taylor was unjustly banned weeks ago. He & I ARE NOT & NEVER WERE the same poster.:penalty:

justasportsfan
11-22-2010, 02:21 PM
:lolpoint:

1 Bob Stoops
2 Jon Gruden
3 Brian Billick
4 Rick Neuheisel

Thoughts?

Dujek
11-22-2010, 02:54 PM
That's a post by Taylor, not Dr. Zaius, for the record. Taylor was unjustly banned weeks ago. He & I ARE NOT & NEVER WERE the same poster.:penalty:

Yeah, you just both had the same IP address and shared almost identical views.

THRILLHO
11-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Two wins a row. Must be a fluke, eh Taylor?

Beebe's Kid
11-22-2010, 03:03 PM

UH OH!! ***********************

djjimkelly
11-22-2010, 03:05 PM
i think gaileys offensive design is superb hes not going anywhere anytime soon

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-22-2010, 03:14 PM
We're 2 different people & DO NOT have the same IP address. That's crap. Similar views, okay. I was also told we were both in northern Virginia which also is false.

justasportsfan
11-22-2010, 03:15 PM
We're 2 different people & DO NOT have the same IP address. That's crap. Similar views, okay. I was also told we were both in northern Virginia which also is false.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Two wins a row. Must be a fluke, eh Taylor?
Possibly, & the name is Doc Zaius. I'm glad the team is improving, but we still need a ton of upgrades. QB is one of them.

Mr. Pink
11-22-2010, 03:16 PM

Keep telling yourself that and maybe it will come true.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Laugh all you want, ace. It's the absolute truth.:yawn:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Keep telling yourself that and maybe it will come true.
No need, it is true.:drool:

Joe Fo Sho
11-22-2010, 04:13 PM
So wait, what happened to Taylor? How come he fell off the face of the Earth?

Aliceinchainsbills15
11-22-2010, 04:16 PM
So that is where Zaius got his username. haha. What a nerd.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HUTeZEpDdWY/Sz_JEkkTZyI/AAAAAAAAACs/s0k0eqCk2yI/s320/dr_zaius-796265.jpg

Extremebillsfan247
11-22-2010, 04:18 PM

1 Bob Stoops
2 Jon Gruden
3 Brian Billick
4 Rick Neuheisel

Thoughts? Gailey isn't getting fired. Get use to it, he's going to be here awhile whether you like him or not.

Joe Fo Sho
11-22-2010, 07:20 PM
By the way... If any of you guys are looking for a good laugh, take a second to look through all of the threads started by Taylor. It's funny until you realize it's disgusting.