PDA

View Full Version : That about sums it up........

Bills Juggernaut
10-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Why Film Study Matters: After scoring on its first possession to take a 7-0 lead at Buffalo, Jersey/B ran the pooch onside, on which the ball is kicked straight upward to come down on about the receiving team's 40. If the receiving team simply falls on a pooch onside, it gets great field position. Jets coaches had noticed the Bills' second line for kickoff receiving was all linemen and linebackers. Linebacker Chris Ellis grabbed the pooch onside -- and instead of getting on the ground, tried to run and immediately lost a fumble. Jersey/B did not score on the possession, but it set the tone for a day on which the Bills were totally outcoached: a running theme for this franchise for a decade.

Then again, coaches can't catch the ball. On one Buffalo three-and-out, Harvard alum Ryan Fitzpatrick threw a perfect 20-yard strike to Roscoe Parrish, who dropped it; then a perfect 20-yard strike to Lee Evans, who dropped it; then a perfect 35-yard strike to Evans, who dropped it.

We may thank the football gods that the 0-4 Forty-Niners do not meet the 0-4 Bills this season -- such a game would need to be blacked out for humanitarian reasons.
Well-run teams fix problems in the offseason, then hang together once the season starts. Poorly run teams ignore or deny problems in the offseason, then panic when the season starts, evidenced by San Francisco firing its offensive coordinator after three games and Buffalo waiving its starting quarterback after three games. It's not as if there was some huge mystery during the offseason about whether the Bills needed a quarterback or San Francisco needed an offense. Both teams spent their entire offseasons denying they had problems, then panicked the moment the problems became obvious.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/101005_tuesday_morning_quarterback&sportCat=nfl

The Bills are a sad, sad joke......

billz83
10-05-2010, 02:09 PM
exactly and this is y Nix and Gailey are both clowns because they CHOSE to IGNORE the problems! These guys will not fix this team..new coaches and GMz begin to upgrade IMMEDIATELY! instead these 2 fools did NOTHING! They changed our D to a 3-4 with NO players that were GREAT in the 3-4..nor did they get anyone really good(davis and edwards arent GOOOD they are about average if ANYTHING).. just more yes men in town!

more cowbell
10-05-2010, 05:06 PM
worst franchise in all of sports

BertSquirtgum
10-05-2010, 05:08 PM
who cares

cocamide
10-05-2010, 05:18 PM
San Francisco drafted two O-linemen in the first round. How did they ignore the offense?

Even if the Bills did everything humanly possible in the offseason, we'd still be 1-3 at best right now. I really dont' see panic here. Almost everyone, including most of us and Gailey, was fooled by Edwards's preseason. He demonstrated in the first two games that he wasn't a starter in the NFL, and they got rid of him quick. I can't imagine that Lynch had much trade value during the offseason. With tons of injuries to RBs across the league and Lynch showing that he can still play well, his trade value went up, and the FO pulled the trigger and traded him.

I'm not defending all of the offseason moves of the FO (we should've addressed the O and D lines), but I don't think they're panicking. They've reallized real early on that it's not about this year. Which sucks for us, because we've been waiting so long, but realistically, we would've had to wait longer no matter who our current coach is.

Prov401
10-05-2010, 05:22 PM
The problem I have with Nix's approach in the offseason was this...

In the draft, he didn't really upgrade any one particular position. He scattered a bunch of picks, and a couple of them were reaches (Troupe, Wang).

A GM like Scott pioli always switches his approach yearly. I remember one year the Pats drafted 1 or 2 offensive players, and stacked their LB's. That's something we should of did.

I have absolutely no problem with Nix not getting a QB this year. We weren't getting Bradford, and I didn't want anything to do with Clausen or McCoy. Mcnabb wasn't coming here, and the Eagles weren't letting go of Kolb/Vick. And the only thing different about Jason Cambell compared to Trent Edwards is his skin color. If anything, he's a hair better.

We had a great backfield on both sides of the ball. Nix should of focused on getting big lineman or LB's in the 2010 draft. Now next year, we're probably going to go QB in the first (Mallett or Locker please), and have to draft a whole new front 7 becuase our starters are absolutely disgusting to watch. It seems Nix drafted a bunch of depth this year.

YardRat
10-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Nix should of focused on getting big lineman or LB's in the 2010 draft.

Out of 9 picks, 6 were linemen and LBers. One was a WR (which was a definite need), and of course 1 RB and 1 QB.