PDA

View Full Version : For those thinking Nix and Gailey could get fired...

BidsJr
10-05-2010, 02:05 PM
The Lynch deal is proof positive that behind closed doors they know/knew the rebuilding project on their hands.

You would never elevate Marshawn Lynch to starter just to trade him 4 games in if you had any intention of competing this year for anything substantial.

They knew full well that the season is over and we are competing for draft picks/postion.

Making Marshawn the starter was for nothing other than trying to get a better draft pick for him. I would bet Brohm in at QB is next to let him drive the rest of the season into the ground assuring us of the best QB coming out next year.

As far as getting fired is concerned? Not a chance. This debacle was planned.

cpearl
10-05-2010, 02:07 PM
You're exactly right.

This whole season is a try-out to see who stays and who goes. Unfortunately, more seem to be going. Which will make rebuilding much harder.

Bills73
They are washing themselves of the Dick Jauron Era. After every loss they make another move. I am still perplexed about the Kelsay deal but what ever. I am not sure who is next but if we lose to Jax I expect another big move.

BidsJr
You're exactly right.

This whole season is a try-out to see who stays and who goes. Unfortunately, more seem to be going. Which will make rebuilding much harder.

You have to clean out the trash before you paint the walls (:

madness
10-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Nix has been straight forward from the door. "What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning."

It's time to bottom out and clean house.

The King
10-05-2010, 02:18 PM
This has to be reassuring for some. I know I feel better about things.

Sure, its reminder of how bad things are... but they're thinking long term. Something that we havent done in years.

Cleve
10-05-2010, 02:28 PM
They are washing themselves of the Dick Jauron Era.
If that's true, why is Modrak and his staff still there? Bills' draft picks have been disastrously bad ever since he started with the Bills. The team will never substantially improve if the draft picks remain substandard.

Bills73
10-05-2010, 02:42 PM
If that's true, why is Modrak and his staff still there? Bills' draft picks have been disastrously bad ever since he started with the Bills. The team will never substantially improve if the draft picks remain substandard.

I think Jauron had a lot more to do with drafting the last 4 years than the team wants to let on. Either way it has been a total cluster, and as fans we can only hope this thing starts going in the right direction with some of the dead weight gone.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

ddaryl
10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
This has to be reassuring for some. I know I feel better about things.

Sure, its reminder of how bad things are... but they're thinking long term. Something that we havent done in years.

bascially it's why my whining and *****ing has been minimal this season...

Jan Reimers
10-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Yeah, Nix and Gailey are pretty tricky. They manipulated and orchestrated things to the point where they got a 4th round pick, and a lower conditional pick, for an ex-number 1 pick who is 24 years old, runs like a beast, and has 2, 1,000 yard seasons already.

I hope they can continue to rebuild by dumping the little bit of talent we have for unknown, mid and low round draft choices.

Mr. Pink
10-05-2010, 03:04 PM
YaY we're playing a 20 game preseason.

That's very reassuring.

Thank you.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Nix has been straight forward from the door. "What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning."
In other words, don't criticize me until it's too late and I've already destroyed the team.

Ingtar33
10-05-2010, 03:13 PM
The Lynch deal is proof positive that behind closed doors they know/knew the rebuilding project on their hands.

You would never elevate Marshawn Lynch to starter just to trade him 4 games in if you had any intention of competing this year for anything substantial.

They knew full well that the season is over and we are competing for draft picks/postion.

Making Marshawn the starter was for nothing other than trying to get a better draft pick for him. I would bet Brohm in at QB is next to let him drive the rest of the season into the ground assuring us of the best QB coming out next year.

pretty spin but this is the logic of a loser. So you're probably going to be pretty happy with us picking 1st overall too.

I'm gonna lay this out straight. The FO that lets Lynch get to training camp is a joke. We have a joke of a FO. Period. You don't blow games for the hell of it. Period. If you willingly sign on for that i don't want you anywhere near my team, and i won't stand for it from the team i love either.

BidsJr
10-05-2010, 03:24 PM
pretty spin but this is the logic of a loser. So you're probably going to be pretty happy with us picking 1st overall too.

I'm gonna lay this out straight. The FO that lets Lynch get to training camp is a joke. We have a joke of a FO. Period. You don't blow games for the hell of it. Period. If you willingly sign on for that i don't want you anywhere near my team, and i won't stand for it from the team i love either.

I'll lay this out straight for YOU. I am ready to take the lumps of a thrashed season in order to get a shot at a top flight QB.

If we go 8-8 for the next 15 years dealing with the junk we have had at the QB position but giving it our "best" is that going to make you happy?

We are better off building this team around a franchise QB (if we are lucky enough to evaluate one btw.) Look at St. Louis they look like a whole new team with Bradford.

madness
10-05-2010, 03:27 PM

Thanks for confirming it was the right decision. :up:

EDS
10-05-2010, 04:40 PM

Yes. You needed to be a real genius to figure out the Bills had a rebuilding project on their hands coming into the season.

Good for Buddy and Chan for figuring it out.

X-Era
10-05-2010, 04:45 PM

It's time to bottom out and clean house.We dont like it, it means lots of losses, but its necessary. The foundation is cracked, rip it out, build a new foundation, and then rebuild the house.

BidsJr
10-05-2010, 11:12 PM
We dont like it, it means lots of losses, but its necessary. The foundation is cracked, rip it out, build a new foundation, and then rebuild the house.

The old foundation has been ripped out.

djjimkelly
10-05-2010, 11:38 PM
You're exactly right.

i disagree it makes it harder this year will show who wants to play who doesnt this year is what this franchise finally needed

don137
10-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Didn't Seattle offer Buffalo a fourth round pick in last years draft for Lynch? If so, this just shows what a cluster this front office is since they could of started to rebuild in last year's draft.

X-Era
10-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Didn't Seattle offer Buffalo a fourth round pick in last years draft for Lynch? If so, this just shows what a cluster this front office is since they could of started to rebuild in last year's draft.I want to say this in response to the notions that we screwed up by not moving these guys sooner.

I honestly feel like Gailey wanted to give every player on the team a chance to prove themselves. I feel he wanted to see them play in real games, not just in practice before making his final eval. And, that the Bills had no intention of trying to turn this around in one year. Nix has said that multiple times.

At that point, why wouldn't you p,lay Trent to see if he can be your guy. If anything, they deserve credit for cutting him when it was apparent he wasn't. Jauron would have kept him forever.

Lynch and Jackson were both hurt throughout camp. They had Spiller at that point. Gailey wanted to see what Lynch could do in real games. They moved the guy like we wanted. Did anyone expect the guy to trade away one of his best players on offense without ever seeing him play?

No. I have no problem with these moves. My problem is with what they do now. I want to see significant re-investment and significant upgrades. If not, your just wasting our time.

malo
10-06-2010, 06:25 AM
Kelsay extension tells me otherwise.

DesertFox24
10-06-2010, 06:27 AM
I want to say this in response to the notions that we screwed up by not moving these guys sooner.

I honestly feel like Gailey wanted to give every player on the team a chance to prove themselves. I feel he wanted to see them play in real games, not just in practice before making his final eval. And, that the Bills had no intention of trying to turn this around in one year. Nix has said that multiple times.

At that point, why wouldn't you p,lay Trent to see if he can be your guy. If anything, they deserve credit for cutting him when it was apparent he wasn't. Jauron would have kept him forever.

Lynch and Jackson were both hurt throughout camp. They had Spiller at that point. Gailey wanted to see what Lynch could do in real games. They moved the guy like we wanted. Did anyone expect the guy to trade away one of his best players on offense without ever seeing him play?

No. I have no problem with these moves. My problem is with what they do now. I want to see significant re-investment and significant upgrades. If not, your just wasting our time.

This team is not going to overspend in FA, Buddy has already said that. He is going to build through the draft.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Sorry, but I can't applaud this front office for making an obvious move that was overdue. Let's see some more aggressive actions to start this youth movement, and I will be on board with their vision.

don137
10-06-2010, 07:32 AM
I want to say this in response to the notions that we screwed up by not moving these guys sooner.

I would agree with you that he wanted to evaluate everyone however I do not feel that was the case with Lynch. If that was the case what changed between then and now to warrant getting traded? He kept his nose clean under Gailey and performed admirably. They already drafted Spiller when the offer came in from Seattle during the draft so to me it makes no sense that they did not pull the trigger then other than they wanted to get a higher pick but due to their inexperience realized 4 games into the season that a 4th rounder that was offered six months ago is fair market value.

Saratoga Slim
10-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Is anyone here really impressed by Marshawn as a player lately? He runs very hard, has decent hands, and decent speed, but I think his vision is very average. The difference between him and Jackson when it comes to finding holes is noticeable. When Marshawn gets a handoff he always seems to be running into his own blockers, and if he gets yardage, it's because he's cranking and pulling tacklers along as he somehow bulls his way through a pile. whereas Fred will come in on the next possession and somehow find daylight for a moderate gain without being hit until the end.

Lynch is a good RB, but on a game by game basis, I'd rather have Fred Jackson starting. Thus, despite the fact that he's a former number 1 pick, I'm having a hard time getting too disappointed about this trade. I truly think he was the 3rd best running back on our roster.

As for the timing, yeah, would have been nice to have sprung this in the offseason, but Marshawn was coming off a year of doing absolutely nothing. His value was at rock bottom. There was a very obvious plan of trying to improve his value by getting him some playing time early this year, and then selling high. That's what happened. Whether or not we got more for him now than we were offered in the offseason, and thus whether the plan worked, is anyone's guess. But seems to me like it was worth a shot.

jamze132
10-06-2010, 09:26 AM

You are wrong.

Lynch had more value during the season than before the season even started. The Bills knew they were going to trade Lynch before the deadline and had to showcase him. They could have traded him 3 months ago, but why? Why not wait until you see what happens with the rest of the league? you never know when a team's #1 back will go down and offer the house for a replacement. No, that didn't necessarily happen with Lynch, but this was handled correctly.

This season isn't about winning and anyone with a realistic view knows that. Yeah, it would be nice to win a couple of games but lets be honest, we suck. So I don't see why all the hatred for Nix and Gailey right now. I said this season was a time for the new FO to see what they had and see who fits into the future. If we are playing this bad next season, then we can start to second guess.

Bill Cody
10-06-2010, 09:47 AM

Why? Do you think we turned down more than a 4th and a conditional 5th in the offseason? I think not. I think we were probably offered a 4th by several teams and decided to wait and see if we could get more. And at the same time RB's get hurt all the time. Waiting to get aan improved offer while making sure we got underway with Jackson and Spiller healthy is pretty much what NE did with Lawrence Maroney, a guy they wanted to dump in the offseason but chose to wait to do so. I think you're just angry right now (I get why) and you're lashing out.

Bill Cody
10-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Yeah, Nix and Gailey are pretty tricky. They manipulated and orchestrated things to the point where they got a 4th round pick, and a lower conditional pick, for an ex-number 1 pick who is 24 years old, runs like a beast, and has 2, 1,000 yard seasons already.

I hope they can continue to rebuild by dumping the little bit of talent we have for unknown, mid and low round draft choices.

Come on Jan you're better than this. What were the chances Lynch was coming back next year? 0.0%. You know this. What are the chances of us doing anything this year whether he's here or not? Again 0.0%. Ok Lynch was a swing and miss we know this. But Nix didn't pick him and you're always saying not to blame the sins of the past on the present administration. So be fair here. Yeah we've drafted terribly so it's not like NE that can swing and miss on a Maroney, yawn and move him for 4th and nobody cares. I understand that. But the fact is we got something for a guy that was going to walk. Is it a major coup? No. Is it a good decision? Hell yes.

madness
10-06-2010, 10:10 AM
You are wrong.

Lynch had more value during the season than before the season even started. The Bills knew they were going to trade Lynch before the deadline and had to showcase him. They could have traded him 3 months ago, but why? Why not wait until you see what happens with the rest of the league? you never know when a team's #1 back will go down and offer the house for a replacement. No, that didn't necessarily happen with Lynch, but this was handled correctly.

This season isn't about winning and anyone with a realistic view knows that. Yeah, it would be nice to win a couple of games but lets be honest, we suck. So I don't see why all the hatred for Nix and Gailey right now. I said this season was a time for the new FO to see what they had and see who fits into the future. If we are playing this bad next season, then we can start to second guess.
Heck, even ESPN gets it...

Buffalo (0-4) lost to the New York Jets (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets) 38-14 and plays host to Jacksonville on Sunday, and Lynch's trade only highlights the much larger rebuilding job in front of the Bills.
Last week, coach Chan Gailey released former starting quarterback Trent Edwards (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10536), who is now with the Jaguars.
To replace Lynch on the active roster, the Bills promoted rookie Andre Anderson from their practice squad as their third running back. Anderson originally signed with the team in August to fill in after both Lynch and Jackson were injured. He had 2,009 career yards and 17 touchdowns at Tulane.
The release of Edwards and now Lynch's trade all point to this being a season of evaluation for the entire Bills roster after the team made few splashes in free agency this offseason and elected to rebuild through the draft.

Extremebillsfan247
10-06-2010, 10:33 AM
They are washing themselves of the Dick Jauron Era. After every loss they make another move. I am still perplexed about the Kelsay deal but what ever. I am not sure who is next but if we lose to Jax I expect another big move. The Kelsay signing is starting to make sense now at least I think. lol A, they see him as a really good quality depth guy going beyond this year, and B, he is seen in the locker room as one of the leaders on defense, he is here to attempt to hold the locker room together among the younger players who will see a lot of these veterans rapidly disappear this season. That may be the reason for his extension and may or may not necessarily be because of on field performance. I'm most likely wrong here since this is just based on a theory and no actual proof except for the fact that he is one of the teams longest lasting players. JMO

Stewie
10-06-2010, 10:35 AM

This.

You play to win the game! Where's Herm?

Edit: here he is!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

X-Era
10-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Nix just literally told you exactly what I said... its at 3:34 in todays presser.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3332119&postcount=21

They wanted to see Trent for themselves.

X-Era
10-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Nix:

"The way we set out to do it, its not the speedy way, its painful, but your just going to have to have patience because as long as I'm here were going to stay the course because it works".

:clap:

X-Era
10-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Nix:

"I dont care whether you admit it or not, losing gets to be a habit. And were not going to accept that."

:clap: