For those thinking Nix and Gailey could get fired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

For those thinking Nix and Gailey could get fired...

The Lynch deal is proof positive that behind closed doors they know/knew the rebuilding project on their hands.

You would never elevate Marshawn Lynch to starter just to trade him 4 games in if you had any intention of competing this year for anything substantial.

They knew full well that the season is over and we are competing for draft picks/postion.

Making Marshawn the starter was for nothing other than trying to get a better draft pick for him. I would bet Brohm in at QB is next to let him drive the rest of the season into the ground assuring us of the best QB coming out next year.

As far as getting fired is concerned? Not a chance. This debacle was planned.
    Last edited by BidsJr; 10-05-2010, 02:06 PM.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • cpearl
    • Mar 2005

Re: For those thinking Nix and Gailey could get fired...

You're exactly right.

This whole season is a try-out to see who stays and who goes. Unfortunately, more seem to be going. Which will make rebuilding much harder.

Comment

• Bills73
      • Mar 2010

They are washing themselves of the Dick Jauron Era. After every loss they make another move. I am still perplexed about the Kelsay deal but what ever. I am not sure who is next but if we lose to Jax I expect another big move.

Comment

• BidsJr
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by cpearl
        You're exactly right.

This whole season is a try-out to see who stays and who goes. Unfortunately, more seem to be going. Which will make rebuilding much harder.

You have to clean out the trash before you paint the walls (:
        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Nix has been straight forward from the door. "What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning."

It's time to bottom out and clean house.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

This has to be reassuring for some. I know I feel better about things.

Sure, its reminder of how bad things are... but they're thinking long term. Something that we havent done in years.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Cleve
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Bills73
              They are washing themselves of the Dick Jauron Era.
              If that's true, why is Modrak and his staff still there? Bills' draft picks have been disastrously bad ever since he started with the Bills. The team will never substantially improve if the draft picks remain substandard.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
              per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Bills73
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Cleve
                If that's true, why is Modrak and his staff still there? Bills' draft picks have been disastrously bad ever since he started with the Bills. The team will never substantially improve if the draft picks remain substandard.
                I think Jauron had a lot more to do with drafting the last 4 years than the team wants to let on. Either way it has been a total cluster, and as fans we can only hope this thing starts going in the right direction with some of the dead weight gone.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by King Bedard
                  This has to be reassuring for some. I know I feel better about things.

Sure, its reminder of how bad things are... but they're thinking long term. Something that we havent done in years.
                  bascially it's why my whining and *****ing has been minimal this season...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Yeah, Nix and Gailey are pretty tricky. They manipulated and orchestrated things to the point where they got a 4th round pick, and a lower conditional pick, for an ex-number 1 pick who is 24 years old, runs like a beast, and has 2, 1,000 yard seasons already.

I hope they can continue to rebuild by dumping the little bit of talent we have for unknown, mid and low round draft choices.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

YaY we're playing a 20 game preseason.

That's very reassuring.

Thank you.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                        Will not tolerate vandalism.
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by madness
                        Nix has been straight forward from the door. "What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning."
                        In other words, don't criticize me until it's too late and I've already destroyed the team.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
                          The Lynch deal is proof positive that behind closed doors they know/knew the rebuilding project on their hands.

You would never elevate Marshawn Lynch to starter just to trade him 4 games in if you had any intention of competing this year for anything substantial.

They knew full well that the season is over and we are competing for draft picks/postion.

Making Marshawn the starter was for nothing other than trying to get a better draft pick for him. I would bet Brohm in at QB is next to let him drive the rest of the season into the ground assuring us of the best QB coming out next year.

As far as getting fired is concerned? Not a chance. This debacle was planned.

pretty spin but this is the logic of a loser. So you're probably going to be pretty happy with us picking 1st overall too.

I'm gonna lay this out straight. The FO that lets Lynch get to training camp is a joke. We have a joke of a FO. Period. You don't blow games for the hell of it. Period. If you willingly sign on for that i don't want you anywhere near my team, and i won't stand for it from the team i love either.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BidsJr
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                            pretty spin but this is the logic of a loser. So you're probably going to be pretty happy with us picking 1st overall too.

I'm gonna lay this out straight. The FO that lets Lynch get to training camp is a joke. We have a joke of a FO. Period. You don't blow games for the hell of it. Period. If you willingly sign on for that i don't want you anywhere near my team, and i won't stand for it from the team i love either.

I'll lay this out straight for YOU. I am ready to take the lumps of a thrashed season in order to get a shot at a top flight QB.

If we go 8-8 for the next 15 years dealing with the junk we have had at the QB position but giving it our "best" is that going to make you happy?

We are better off building this team around a franchise QB (if we are lucky enough to evaluate one btw.) Look at St. Louis they look like a whole new team with Bradford.

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33

Thanks for confirming it was the right decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X