PDA

View Full Version : People are actually upset over the Lynch trade?? Be objective.

Ebenezer
10-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Lynch had two years to go on his deal. He has been unproductive for the last 20 games+. Most people in this town (and on this board) wanted him gone after he hit that young girl and drove off after a night of drinking. He is one strike away from a year long suspension. Now, people are pissed because the Bills should have gotten more?? You've got to be kidding me.

Thief
10-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Well, if he walked and wasn't re-signed, what do you think we would have gotten as a comp pic?

RoscoeMagic
10-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Lynch had two years to go on his deal. He has been unproductive for the last 20 games+. Most people in this town (and on this board) wanted him gone after he hit that young girl and drove off after a night of drinking. He is one strike away from a year long suspension. Now, people are pissed because the Bills should have gotten more?? You've got to be kidding me.

You're lumping people in with one another. Everyone is different and has a different opinion. Don't go saying that a group of people wanted him gone are the same group of people who are pissed we could have gotten more for him. It's like a Venn Diagram, some are, some aren't.

Dr. Pepper
10-05-2010, 02:49 PM
exactly.... we got a 4th rounder for a 3rd string running back. i dont care if hes a pro bowler on another team. he was a 3rd string back for us and a black eye on the community.

Ebenezer
10-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Well, if he walked and wasn't re-signed, what do you think we would have gotten as a comp pic?

Comp picks are not given out based on one player...unless that one player was the only FA signed or loss of a team. In that case, isn't the highest compensation pick a 3rd?? The Bills wouldn't have been awarded a 3rd just for him.

Hogwasher
10-05-2010, 02:50 PM
You make good points. But he was playing better than ever before.

madness
10-05-2010, 02:51 PM
"Be objective" says the Bills fans who wants Ralph Wilson in the ground more than anybody. :evil:

RockStar36
10-05-2010, 02:51 PM
You're lumping people in with one another. Everyone is different and has a different opinion. Don't go saying that a group of people wanted him gone are the same group of people who are pissed we could have gotten more for him. It's like a Venn Diagram, some are, some aren't.

I don't think there was one fan who wanted him on the team at any point last season.

Ebenezer
10-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I don't think there was one fan who wanted him on the team at any point last season.

We can pull up the threads dating back to when he hit the young lady...nobody wanted him here.

Extremebillsfan247
10-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Personally, I have no ill feelings about this trade. They got what they could for him. I'm fully expecting more moves to be made before the year is over. This team is going to look a lot different next year. The rebuild process is officially underway. JMO

HHURRICANE
10-05-2010, 02:54 PM
So we wasted 4 games letting Fred Jackson and Spiller sit on the bench so we could showcase Lynch?

I hate this team.

Mr. Pink
10-05-2010, 02:55 PM
It's about time we traded that ass clown.

Shoulda been done months ago.

ddaryl
10-05-2010, 02:56 PM
So we wasted 4 games letting Fred Jackson and Spiller sit on the bench so we could showcase Lynch?

I hate this team.

??????????????????????????????????

why would this bother you. Did you expect us to win one of these 4 games if we started Spiller or Jackson???

k-oneputt
10-05-2010, 02:57 PM

I hate this team.

As soon as they lost the miami game it was full blown showcase Lynch. Spiller was the gameplan for Miami and Lynch since then.
Now get back to Spiller with Jackson complimenting him.

psubills62
10-05-2010, 02:57 PM
I've got no problem with the trade.

And why on earth do people say we only got a 4th rounder? It was a 4th rounder plus a conditional pick.

ddaryl
10-05-2010, 02:59 PM
I've got no problem with the trade.

And why on earth do people say we only got a 4th rounder? It was a 4th rounder plus a conditional pick.

a conditional that at best will probably be worth a 5th or later

We got a couple of 3rds for McGahee for Christ sake.

RockStar36
10-05-2010, 03:01 PM

McGahee didn't have two strikes against him.

Why do you people continue to ignore that fact? He is one incident away from a year long suspension. Do you not think that drove his price down?

Mr. Pink
10-05-2010, 03:02 PM
McGahee didn't have two strikes against him.

Why do you people continue to ignore that fact? He is one incident away from a year long suspension. Do you not think that drove his price down?

McGahee was also a better back.

Another thing I'm sure people won't want to admit because he dissed the area.

Extremebillsfan247
10-05-2010, 03:02 PM

I hate this team.If you look at this from a mechanics point of view, it makes sense. Sometimes you need to see if the engine will turn over before you can diagnose the problem and fix it. I think that is what Gailey tried to do metaphorically. JMO

RockStar36
10-05-2010, 03:07 PM
McGahee was also a better back.

Another thing I'm sure people won't want to admit because he dissed the area.

In the year McGahee burst on to the scene, yes he absolutely was.

Near the end of his Buffalo tenure though, he pretty much just ran straight into the pile. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's mostly what he does in Baltimore too.

psubills62
10-05-2010, 03:11 PM

Possibly, we'll just have to see. Regardless, it's not just a 4th. And as RockStar mentioned, he's still close to being suspended for an extended period of time.

Mad Max
10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
??????????????????????????????????

why would this bother you. Did you expect us to win one of these 4 games if we started Spiller or Jackson???

Jackson not so much, but Spiller lost touches/ experience. And lack of blocking skills shouldn't be used as an excuse. He may not be a capable blocker yet, but he's not going to learn how to do so from the bench.

Michael82
10-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm not upset that he was traded or even what he was traded for (although I'm still shocked that they couldn't convince the Packers to give up their 3rd)....

I'm upset that he wasn't traded a few weeks ago or during the draft. I would have liked to keep Joique Bell, but we waited too long and didn't have room on the roster for 4 backs, so we let the Eagles sign him.

Ingtar33
10-05-2010, 03:41 PM

i'm pissed because we could have got that in july

i'm pissed because the FO is run by clowns.

I'm not upset that he was traded or even what he was traded for (although I'm still shocked that they couldn't convince the Packers to give up their 3rd)....

I'm upset that he wasn't traded a few weeks ago or during the draft. I would have liked to keep Joique Bell, but we waited too long and didn't have room on the roster for 4 backs, so we let the Eagles sign him.

sums it up perfectly.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-05-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm pissed because we draft for **** would rather of had a player but thats JMO

Mad Max
10-05-2010, 03:45 PM
We got not much more than what the Pats got for Maroney, a player that couldn't hold Lynch's jock.

So ya we should have gotten more. Now maybe they got all that they could, but we know what we have running the show behind the scenes, and they deserve no benefit of any doubt.

Philagape
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
The only upside to this is we'll finally see Spiller get a chance.
People who called him a bad pick because there were already two RBs no longer have that stone to throw.

Michael82
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
i'm pissed because we could have got that in july

i'm pissed because the FO is run by clowns.

sums it up perfectly.
Having said that....I think the Bills believed that his value would have gone up from the team's that need a RB. I really believed the Packers would have caved and given up a 3rd rounder for him and I bet the Bills felt the same way.

dannyek71
10-05-2010, 03:51 PM

I hate this team.

Put the wear and tear on the a guy we are getting rid of.

dannyek71
10-05-2010, 03:51 PM
I am happy about it. This opens the way for us to use our #1 pick this year on Mark Ingram.

IAG
10-05-2010, 03:54 PM
I think it is a good trade.

ddaryl
10-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Jackson not so much, but Spiller lost touches/ experience. And lack of blocking skills shouldn't be used as an excuse. He may not be a capable blocker yet, but he's not going to learn how to do so from the bench.

or he could end up in a sling with his knee twisted and ripped to shreds by an inept O and OL

we still have 12 games left.. Plenty of time to get reps. Plenty of time for lots of scenarios...

X-Era
10-05-2010, 04:05 PM

The only angle I'm upset about is that we are never on the receiving end of trades like this. We never trade for players like this. We hang on to every damn pick like its gold only to turn many of those picks into some scrub. Whats the point?

hope we wake up and realize that you can make your team better by signing significant upgrades or god forbid trading for them.

This pick could easily end up being a TE, RT, or LB.

Mad Max
10-05-2010, 04:25 PM
or he could end up in a sling with his knee twisted and ripped to shreds by an inept O and OL

This is football we're talking about, injury is a high inherent risk. By your argument no player should ever step out onto the field because they may get injured.

He wasn't going to be in any more danger then, than he will be now.

X-Era
10-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Dont know where TD is, but he was right again. Check his sig.