• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

The Lynch Trade and the Bills Front Office

Grand title for what I’m going to say... but.

A professional well run front office does not go into the season with Marshawn Lynch on the roster after taking CJ Spiller in round 1.

A professional well run team does not cut it's opening day starter at QB 3 weeks into the season

A professional well run front office does not cut it's 1st backup OT option 3 games into the season (yes... Meredith sucks, he should never have made it out of training camp if we were just going to cut him)

A professional well run front office does not pick a coach who doesn't even know who's on the roster of the football team on the day he signs.

A professional well run front office does not skip choosing a QB/OT/DE/ILB/OLB high in the draft or signing some vets when we don't have anyone on the roster who could start on another team at ANY of those positions, for the flashy little back out of Clemson, when you have 2 healthy and uninjured RBs on the team already

-a 4th rounder is probably the most we could have expected... a "late round" conditional is probably a 5-7th... that said, a well run organization could have got about that before training camp started for Lynch.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 10-05-2010, 03:10 PM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • malo
    • Sep 2009

Re: The Lynch Trade and the Bills Front Office

Buddy Nix is a dumb idiot.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

Agreed.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

But it's a NEW front office- let's wait and see how they do!

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• malo
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
          But it's a NEW front office- let's wait and see how they do!

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
          I absolutely cringe when I hear or read people telling others to be patient because it's all part of a plan. A plan? A PLAN? There ain't no plan. Ing pretty much summed it all up.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

The problems start and end with one person :

RALPH

I may be done with this franchise until he's no longer a part of it.
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
              • Aug 2008

Yep, solid points.

Won't change till Ralph goes to the big luxury box in the sky.
              Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

A professional, well run team, after a slew of OTA's, training camp, and four preseason games should know which QB on their roster gives them the best chance to succeed during the regular season.

Just ask New England.

Oh...Wait a second...
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                  Grand title for what I’m going to say... but.

A professional well run front office does not go into the season with Marshawn Lynch on the roster after taking CJ Spiller in round 1.

A professional well run team does not cut it's opening day starter at QB 3 weeks into the season

A professional well run front office does not cut it's 1st backup OT option 3 games into the season (yes... Meredith sucks, he should never have made it out of training camp if we were just going to cut him)

A professional well run front office does not pick a coach who doesn't even know who's on the roster of the football team on the day he signs.

A professional well run front office does not skip choosing a QB/OT/DE/ILB/OLB high in the draft or signing some vets when we don't have anyone on the roster who could start on another team at ANY of those positions, for the flashy little back out of Clemson, when you have 2 healthy and uninjured RBs on the team already

-a 4th rounder is probably the most we could have expected... a "late round" conditional is probably a 5-7th... that said, a well run organization could have got about that before training camp started for Lynch.
                  Lynch was kept to maximize profitable outcome in the event of a trade. This was all planned. They would've been lucky to even get a 6th for him in the offseason where the buzz of his off the field antics were still pretty loud around the league. Meredith was released because he was a nonfactor. The same goes for Mitchell. Edwards needed to be tested in a live game for Gailey to get a clear evaluation on him in a Gailey run system, not a Jauron run system. This is what you call rebuilding. Why act surprised by it?

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

I think it's pretty clear the FO knew Lynch would be gone eventually the minute they took Spiller. Just a matter of when, not if. I'm not going to cry over four lost games in a lost season.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Tbuffalobills
                      • Jan 2005

I say! Trade more players- We need tons and tons of draft picks the next two years to save this team
                      San Diego Bills Fan!

Bills Fan in San Diego Since 1994!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                        Lynch was kept to maximize profitable outcome in the event of a trade. This was all planned. They would've been lucky to even get a 6th for him in the offseason where the buzz of his off the field antics were still pretty loud around the league. Meredith was released because he was a nonfactor. The same goes for Mitchell. Edwards needed to be tested in a live game for Gailey to get a clear evaluation on him in a Gailey run system, not a Jauron run system. This is what you call rebuilding. Why act surprised by it?
                        Dude, you really aren't trying to sell this becuase nobody is buying.

The reality is that the team does whatever moves are necessary to field a team and net between 10-15 million a year. That's a fact.

Winning directly conflicts with this strategy. This is exactly why Peters, Dockery, and Walker were shown the door in the same year. Good teams just don't start cutting players randomly but fill and build over time.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Dude, you really aren't trying to sell this becuase nobody is buying.

The reality is that the team does whatever moves are necessary to field a team and net between 10-15 million a year. That's a fact.

Winning directly conflicts with this strategy. This is exactly why Peters, Dockery, and Walker were shown the door in the same year. Good teams just don't start cutting players randomly but fill and build over time.
                          I'm not selling anything. If Lynch would have stayed the entire year, every single person on this board complaining right now would be outraged that this team didn't get anything for him when they could. You can't have it both ways. JMO

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247

nice touch of condescension.

Unfortunately for you I know what rebuilding looks in the NFL; having seen it first hand…

This is not rebuilding. To rebuild you need a plan. This is aimless and directionless "reaction"... there is no plan.
                            Last edited by Ingtar33; 10-05-2010, 04:14 PM.
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

They get a pass on this, the real judgment comes based on what they do now.

Its not that you cut your starting QB who has proven over and over he is never going to be the guy, its what you do now to significantly upgrade the spot. You have a roster spot and playing time open, and just got back salary money. Show that you have a good football mind and make a serious upgrade.

Its not that you trade a starting caliper RB when you already have two others. Its what you do now with the new found money and draft picks. If your going to get significant better by re-investing in the team, prove it by spending that money you re-couped and more in FA in other areas of need. Dont waste those draft picks on scrubs.

Its not that you cut the only backup OT thats got experience for you. Its what you do now to upgrade your backup OT spot. I think we all see that we need a RT and that should come from fairly high in the draft unless you plan to spend real coin in FA.

I wont judge them on these moves, these are smart moves to clear personnel of your team that shouldnt be here. Its what you do now to show your serious and to make your team significantly better. It will take a while to be able to judge their savvy. If they do little or nothing, well then they were part of the problem not the solution. If they translate these moves into getting a franchise QB, a solid young RT, and adding solid young players in other areas, I will think it was a good move.

I will vent my frustration for a bit, where did this money go?:

Terrell Owens 6.5 mill for one year
                              Aaron Schobel 6 or so mill per
                              Trent Edwards 3.5-5 mill per
                              Marshawn Lynch 3.5-5 or so mill per

What significant re-investment have they made with all that money... and that doesnt include the 20 or so mill they already had under the cap (when they had a cap).

That's what I mean, prove you are for real and start spending.
                              Last edited by X-Era; 10-05-2010, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X