PDA

View Full Version : Ed Wang Update

patmoran2006
10-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Is back practicing. But here's a twist.

I talked to a VERY SOLID Bills source, and he's playing nothing but GUARD at practice, not even a single rep at either offensive tackle position.

AB4now
10-05-2010, 08:36 PM

I talked to a VERY SOLID Bills source, and he's playing nothing but GUARD at practice, not even a single rep at either offensive tackle position.
you think there might be a trade for a tackle on the near horizon? not that it will amount to much for this year but......:zonelunch

BILLSROCK1212
10-05-2010, 08:39 PM
i would not be surprised if they were exploring Jared Gaither in exchange for no more than a 5th round pick...big risk/reward

Bangarang
10-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Love me some Wang.

.....no homo

Ebenezer
10-05-2010, 08:50 PM

tells me Wood and/or Levitre is going over to T.

Nighthawk
10-05-2010, 08:52 PM

If so, it would have to be Levitre...he has some experience in college there.

patmoran2006
10-05-2010, 08:53 PM

I don't know. Don't think so.. But this has been their real depth chart at practice, unlike the one that's on the official team website.

C: Hangartner/Wood
LG: Levitre/Wang
RG: Wood/Ubrik
RT: Green/Howard
LT: Bell/Wrotto

Ebenezer
10-05-2010, 08:53 PM
If so, it would have to be Levitre...he has some experience in college there.
I wasn't sure if Wood had played some T. If they move Levitre it also tells me that they do have a plan and the Wang injury set them back.

Ebenezer
10-05-2010, 08:57 PM
I don't know. Don't think so.. But this has been their real depth chart at practice, unlike the one that's on the official team website.

C: Hangartner/Wood
LG: Levitre/Wang
RG: Wood/Ubrik
RT: Green/Howard
LT: Bell/Wrotto
Bell and Green can't block. Green is not a long term answer; he is barely a stop gap. Planning for the future?? Start playing the best.

Beebe's Kid
10-05-2010, 09:02 PM
I wasn't sure if Wood had played some T. If they move Levitre it also tells me that they do have a plan and the Wang injury set them back.

:hi5: I usually don't pile on with the Wang jokes, but that is priceless.

I don't care how much you hate Gailey and/or Nix.... a broken Wang is going to set any man back.

patmoran2006
10-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Bell and Green can't block. Green is not a long term answer; he is barely a stop gap. Planning for the future?? Start playing the best.

Don't disagree with you.. I just dont think they see Levitire as a OT.. He definitely hasn't practiced there this season.

Beebe's Kid
10-05-2010, 09:04 PM

This statement would imply that Green can stop anything, and I have yet to see evidence supporting this.

Bell, from what I have gotten to see...it's hard when you're at the game, hasn't played all that poorly.

Is there something that I didn't get to see, or is this just the usual "Bell sucks?"

Ebenezer
10-05-2010, 09:06 PM
This statement would imply that Green can stop anything, and I have yet to see evidence supporting this.

You read it incorrectly; I'll rephrase. Green sucks and wouldn't be on any other roster in the league. Green is old. He won't be here when the team turns it around and is better. He shouldn't have even made it out of preseason.

patmoran2006
10-05-2010, 09:15 PM
You read it incorrectly; I'll rephrase. Green sucks and wouldn't be on any other roster in the league. Green is old. He won't be here when the team turns it around and is better. He shouldn't have even made it out of preseason.

He may not be here in about 7 days either.

Ebenezer
10-05-2010, 09:17 PM
He may not be here in about 7 days either.
It will not be a surprise.

BertSquirtgum
10-05-2010, 10:24 PM
lee evans for marcus mcneil. do it, do it.

Stewie
10-05-2010, 10:33 PM

Wang injuries will do that :ill:

RoscoeMagic
10-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Wang injuries will do that :ill:

You know we have a left guard for that.

BillsWin
10-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Nothimg would please me more than to see Green benched or cut. Hes been our worst lineman by far.

billz83
10-06-2010, 01:35 AM
y do the bills constantly draft a guy and then change his position..y dont they just draft the position of need?!?! they always do this BS and usually it fails..Jason Peters is like the only one i can think of that was successful..changing guards to tackles..centers to guards...and it goes on and on..incompetence..

Michael82
10-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Anyone else think they are getting Wood ready for his transition back to C? It may not be this season...but I think that the plan is for him to go back to his natural position and be an elite center for us for years to come. Urbik will take over for him.

Buddo
10-06-2010, 04:36 AM
y do the bills constantly draft a guy and then change his position..y dont they just draft the position of need?!?! they always do this BS and usually it fails..Jason Peters is like the only one i can think of that was successful..changing guards to tackles..centers to guards...and it goes on and on..incompetence..

With linemen, there are an awful lot who play one position in college, but are projected to be a different one in the pro's. Tackles becoming guards is an especially common phenomenon.

As regards Wang, I wouldn't necessarily read too much into that atm. I don't believe he's actually fit enough yet to be considered for an actual game, and getting reps at guard, may actually be just a case of getting him back wherever they feel they can, while still giving guys who might have to dress, reps at the position they are covering.
I can also see how working inside, is a lot less likely to get his hand re-injured. All of this is supposition, obviously, but I wouldn't count him out of still becoming the swing tackle.

Buddo
10-06-2010, 04:40 AM
Anyone else think they are getting Wood ready for his transition back to C? It may not be this season...but I think that the plan is for him to go back to his natural position and be an elite center for us for years to come. Urbik will take over for him.

I don't know tbh. They seem to have versatility in the interior linemen. Hangartner is also a decent guard. They do need to do something to try and get the line to gel - it hasn't only been at tackle where we have struggled.

SquishDaFish
10-06-2010, 04:47 AM
I think Wood is going back to Center with Hang backing up all 3 internal position on the Oline

X-Era
10-06-2010, 05:49 AM
So now we have:

Wood
Levitre
Urbik
Howard
Wang

as Guards and we have Wrotto as our backup T... oh yeah he's 6-3 which means he probably fits better as our backup... G.

Mahdi
10-06-2010, 07:29 AM

He was never a franchise LT candidate IMO. He has short arms and his physical tools are not all that impressive. He fits better at G.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-06-2010, 07:37 AM
I think many folks are anxiously awaiting the Wang/Wood tandem.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

TedMock
10-06-2010, 07:45 AM
I think many folks are anxiously awaiting the Wang/Wood tandem.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Don't forget Levitre!

Man, I really hope we draft Billy Bulge to play right tackle next year.

Ebenezer
10-06-2010, 10:09 AM
I don't care if it Minnie, Mo, Jack, Mickey, Moose playing the line. The season is lost - find the best 5 and at a position of strength and get them playing together.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-06-2010, 10:18 AM
To quote Jim Mora... you kiddin' me? We needed a tackle, drafted a tackle (far too late), and turned him into a guard???

No wonder this team is going down the ****hole.

Extremebillsfan247
10-06-2010, 10:19 AM
i would not be surprised if they were exploring Jared Gaither in exchange for no more than a 5th round pick...big risk/rewardWhat if they were to turn around and trade away the 4th they got for Lynch for him? It would then almost be like a straight up swap with us getting a compensation pick as a bonus. Just a wild thought. lol I don't think it would happen but who knows?

psubills62
10-06-2010, 10:25 AM
I have to wonder if this means Buffalo will be going heavily after OT's in the upcoming draft class. Especially after DB pointed out that Bills scouts were all at the games of the highly ranked OT's.

Maybe they're preparing for a high-level influx of offensive tackles next year.

Ebenezer
10-06-2010, 10:28 AM
I have to wonder if this means Buffalo will be going heavily after OT's in the upcoming draft class. Especially after DB pointed out that Bills scouts were all at the games of the highly ranked OT's.

Especially if the underclassmen QBs stay in school and they miss out on the #1 overall (unlikely).

RoscoeMagic
10-06-2010, 10:35 AM
I want to see Cordaro start at RT by the Ravens game. Or Urbik, or Wrotto. Someone other than Cornell "Highly ranked college but piss RT" Green.

ddaryl
10-06-2010, 10:35 AM
if Wang is playing G then there has to be something in the works for T because we have enough G's

Unless were going to run the all guard O...

psubills62
10-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Especially if the underclassmen QBs stay in school and they miss out on the #1 overall (unlikely).

If my speculation is true, they could still go QB/OT or OT/QB in the first two rounds, then get 1-2 OT's later on in the 3rd-7th rounds.

Ebenezer
10-06-2010, 10:40 AM
If my speculation is true, they could still go QB/OT or OT/QB in the first two rounds, then get 1-2 OT's later on in the 3rd-7th rounds.

I would not be surprised if they do that in 1 & 2...however, I think we are also going to see a lot of LBs taken in the next draft.

Stewie
10-06-2010, 10:40 AM
My sources tell me:

When wang health returns,
rejuvinated wood moves,
helped by levitre

RoscoeMagic
10-06-2010, 10:42 AM
My sources tell me:

When wang health returns,
rejuvinated wood moves,
helped by levitre

How long until he's fully healed anyone know?

EDS
10-06-2010, 10:44 AM

Well it is pretty obvious they need an infusion of talent at tackle, so they better be looking at tackles in the upcoming draft, kind of like they should have done with the 2010 draft.

psubills62
10-06-2010, 10:46 AM
I would not be surprised if they do that in 1 & 2...however, I think we are also going to see a lot of LBs taken in the next draft.

I wouldn't be surprised by that either. I personally have high hopes for guys like Batten, Moats, and Coleman, but they're all either OLB's or Ted ILB's. I could see the Bills taking a pass-rushing OLB along with an ILB to back up Poz (or replace him).

Ebenezer
10-06-2010, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't be surprised by that either. I personally have high hopes for guys like Batten, Moats, and Coleman, but they're all either OLB's or Ted ILB's. I could see the Bills taking a pass-rushing OLB along with an ILB to back up Poz (or replace him).

I don't see an Lawrence Taylor out there to spend a first round pick on. I think your original scenario is more likely. Replacing Poz? I don't know. I can see arguments on both sides.

psubills62
10-06-2010, 10:55 AM
I don't see an Lawrence Taylor out there to spend a first round pick on. I think your original scenario is more likely. Replacing Poz? I don't know. I can see arguments on both sides.

I'm just thinking if they don't extend him, which they haven't given any indication that they will. Although there was also no indication that they'd extend Kelsay :ill:

Bill Cody
10-06-2010, 10:56 AM

So you're saying Wang is moving inside?

DraftBoy
10-06-2010, 11:00 AM
So we move our OG's outside (Howard and Wrotto) and move our OT's inside (Wang). Some of the moves this team makes are real head scratchers.

Like playing Moats at ILB.

DraftBoy
10-06-2010, 11:02 AM

My thoughts are that 5 of next years picks are going to be OL/DL/LB.

I think your first three rounds are OT/DE/QB in almost any order.

psubills62
10-06-2010, 11:07 AM
My thoughts are that 5 of next years picks are going to be OL/DL/LB.

I think your first three rounds are OT/DE/QB in almost any order.

If Luck doesn't enter the draft, what players at those positions do you see being worth a top 5 pick? In that case, I would say wait on QB. I like Clayborn, Dareus, Heyward, etc. at DE, but not sure they're worth a pick that high. Also not sure about the OT's being worth a pick that high.

k-oneputt
10-06-2010, 11:07 AM
So we move our OG's outside (Howard and Wrotto) and move our OT's inside (Wang). Some of the moves this team makes are real head scratchers.

Like playing Moats at ILB.

That's the problem with this ****** team. They think they are so much smarter then everyone they end up showing how stupid they reallly are.

If you want an inside lb then draft one. If you want an o-tackle, draft one.
I don't mind a couple of projects/development players but not every g-damn pick in your drafts every year.

And don't even get me started with the small school thing they got going.

DraftBoy
10-06-2010, 11:08 AM
If Luck doesn't enter the draft, what players at those positions do you see being worth a top 5 pick? In that case, I would say wait on QB. I like Clayborn, Dareus, Heyward, etc. at DE, but not sure they're worth a pick that high. Also not sure about the OT's being worth a pick that high.

Clayborn is the only DE Id take top 5.

Id likely trade down if Luck isn't there. Target range 11-14, there you can take Mallett (if his value holds, which many don't believe it will) or you take an OT like Carmini, Boling, etc.

DraftBoy
10-06-2010, 11:09 AM
That's the problem with this ****** team. They think they are so much smarter then everyone they end up showing how stupid they reallly are.

If you want an inside lb then draft one. If you want an o-tackle, draft one.
I don't mind a couple of projects/development players but not every g-damn pick in your drafts every year.

And don't even get me started with the small school thing they got going.

Nothing wrong with small school players, if you know how to pick them. They just pick almost all the wrong ones.

k-oneputt
10-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Jeezzusss, get it through your heads, they are not waiting on a qb. At worse they will have a top-3 pick.
They will need to sell tixs and this fanbase will not accept passing on one of those qb's.

DraftBoy
10-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Jeezzusss, get it through your heads, they are not waiting on a qb. At worse they will have a top-3 pick.
They will need to sell tixs and this fanbase will not accept passing on one of those qb's.

It accepted it last year and it will accept it again. The fanbase will not leave simply because they pass on a QB in Round 1.

This fanbase rallies around any player, all the time. Talent level or hype don't matter really.

k-oneputt
10-06-2010, 11:15 AM
It accepted it last year and it will accept it again. The fanbase will not leave simply because they pass on a QB in Round 1.

This fanbase rallies around any player, all the time. Talent level or hype don't matter really.

Not when you are drafting top-3 and our team doesn't have a qb and possibly three good ones will be available.
They will not accept a part-time rb, smallschool d-back, pussy overrated d-end. Won't happen next year.

DraftBoy
10-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Not when you are drafting top-3 and our team doesn't have a qb and possibly three good ones will be available.
They will not accept a part-time rb, smallschool d-back, pussy overrated d-end. Won't happen next year.

They have and they will. This is the fan base that is currently rallied behind Brian Brohm.

Many accept that this is a long term project and will wait 3-5 more years to see results yielded.

k-oneputt
10-06-2010, 11:23 AM
They have and they will. This is the fan base that is currently rallied behind Brian Brohm.

Many accept that this is a long term project and will wait 3-5 more years to see results yielded.

They are coming to the end of their rope. Watch and see as attendance starts to dwindle this year.
If they are dumb enough to pass on a qb at the top of next years draft this franchise is in deep trouble.

DraftBoy
10-06-2010, 11:25 AM
They are coming to the end of their rope. Watch and see as attendance starts to dwindle this year.
If they are dumb enough to pass on a qb at the top of next years draft this franchise is in deep trouble.

No they aren't, they do that they know they lose the team. Its a catch-22 for Bills fan in the area.

Dumb enough to pass on a guy you have that high. Doesn't mean they or the NFL have them that high.

k-oneputt
10-06-2010, 11:27 AM
I, you, just about anyone on this board could of drafted better then the Bills the last ten years.

k-oneputt
10-06-2010, 11:29 AM
And yes, this fanbase in the stadium is pissed off.
do you even go to the games DB ?

DraftBoy
10-06-2010, 11:30 AM
And yes, this fanbase in the stadium is pissed off.
do you even go to the games DB ?

They've been pissed off for 7 years running now, doesnt change the situation one bit.

They dont go, the team is far easier to move.

DraftBoy
10-06-2010, 11:31 AM
I, you, just about anyone on this board could of drafted better then the Bills the last ten years.

100% agreement there.

Mahdi
10-06-2010, 11:51 AM

I haven't seen a single poster rally behind Brohm. I have however seen posters who want to see Brohm play, big difference.

DraftBoy
10-06-2010, 11:53 AM
I haven't seen a single poster rally behind Brohm. I have however seen posters who want to see Brohm play, big difference.

It was an example, will you just let it go?

We know you want Brohm to play, there is no need to defend him at every turn.

Mahdi
10-06-2010, 12:04 PM
It was an example, will you just let it go?

We know you want Brohm to play, there is no need to defend him at every turn.
Let it go? What are you talking about? And how exactly was I defending Brohm in my post?

You said Brohm has fans rallying and I simply made a distinction.

Relax yourself.

DraftBoy
10-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Let it go? What are you talking about? And how exactly was I defending Brohm in my post?

You said Brohm has fans rallying and I simply made a distinction.

Relax yourself.

You jump up every time Brohm is mentioned just about. We know your stance on it. I wasnt even bashing him, Im simply saying that there is a large contingent of fans that have rallied around him and are pushing for him to play.

bigbub2352
10-06-2010, 12:15 PM
wood should be at center...hang should be the backup and urbik should play RG...green should be cut and Howard should start at RT...lets face it can't be worse than what is currently going on

Johnny Bugmenot
10-06-2010, 12:15 PM
You jump up every time Brohm is mentioned just about. We know your stance on it. I wasnt even bashing him, Im simply saying that there is a large contingent of fans that have rallied around him and are pushing for him to play.
DB, as one of Brohm's biggest supporters on this board, let me say this much: I know I'm not speaking for a large contingent of people here, as evidenced by the rush to draft Luck, Locker or Mallett. The general consensus seems that QB is the way to go in Round 1 and that Brohm isn't ever going to be a franchise QB. I've fiercely debated with many members of this board about it and I'm pretty sure I'm outnumbered in that department. So, to say there's a large contingent out there pulling for Brohm, I'm pretty sure that's not true.

EDS
10-06-2010, 01:15 PM
wood should be at center...hang should be the backup and urbik should play RG...green should be cut and Howard should start at RT...lets face it can't be worse than what is currently going on

Why should Urbik start? What has he done other than be cut by the offensive line needy Steelers?

JCBills
10-06-2010, 01:29 PM

Highly unlikely. Levitre played some spot duty at T last season and obviously his college years he played T, but at 6'2'', he lacks the desired height for an exterior lineman in the NFL. Wood should eventually move back inside, not out, but who knows.

Akhippo
10-06-2010, 07:52 PM
lee evans for marcus mcneil. do it, do it.

That I would do in a second. Move Bell to RT, Wood to C, and insert Urbik. That would place the rebuild ahead of schedule.

Akhippo
10-06-2010, 07:58 PM

If Luck isnt in the draft I would pull a Pats move. Move down and stockpile. Even if its a bit below value. Id start with a first the next year and then keep moving. We need picks. If a sure fire pick isnt there at the top, then turn it into more playing chips for latter in the draft and next year.

TigerJ
10-06-2010, 09:23 PM
If Wang is taking only guard reps that gives the Bills Wood, Levitre, Hangartner, Urbik, and Wang as interior linemen. That's a lot. I assume the Bills must see Cordaro Howard primarily as a tackle at this point. Otherwise, they are seriously underweighted at tackle. Mansfield Wrotto is a bit short for tackle, but supposedly is pretty athletic. Maybe the Bills think he can fill in at tackle in a pinch. Obviously they are thin at the tackle spot, and thin means your vulnerable to injury. The Bills had better hope Bell stays healthy. Even though Cornell Green is a pile of crap as a right tackle, he may keep his roster spot simply because of how thin the Bills are.

better days
10-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Why should Urbik start? What has he done other than be cut by the offensive line needy Steelers?

That line has looked pretty good the last 4 weeks.