Forked Thread: New England trades Moss back to Minny for a 3rd?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Forked Thread: New England trades Moss back to Minny for a 3rd?!?!

Forked from: New England trading Moss back to Minny??

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
    Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: When the Randy Moss-to-Minnesota trade is completed later, Patriots will receive a third-round pick in return from Vikings.
    OK, Belichick is a complete fool. The man will never win anything in this league. A 3rd?? For Moss?? Is he insane? He should have traded him during training camp or maybe waited longer and gotten a 2nd!!

:sarcasm:

Um...where's all the screaming today folks?? The Bills got a 4th and a conditional for a guy who has had two run-ins with the law and will NEVER get a sniff of the HOF. NE just traded a player, who might end up being, the 2nd best WR EVER (stats wise) for a 3rd round pick. I don't see anybody bashing Belichick like they did the Bills FO yesterday. Anybody still want to argue that the Bills didn't get value??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Forked Thread: New England trades Moss back to Minny for a 3rd?!?!

Then I guess I want to know how the **** we got 2 3rds and a 7th for McGahee
    Last edited by ddaryl; 10-06-2010, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
      • Sep 2008

Lets see Belechick now has 2 1st rounders, 2 second rounders, 2 3rd rounders, and 2 4th rounders all in next years draft. What was this guy thinking? lol

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
        Pretty simple.

Market value.

McGahee was young, and had showed talent. Baltimore badly needed a RB, so his value went up.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MikeInRoch
          • Sep 2003

So they got him for a 4th I think, used him for a few years, and got a 3rd for him.

It seems like New England is playing chess, the rest of the league is playing checkers, and the Bills are playing "Let's bang these two rocks together".
          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

McGahee had way more potential, fwiw.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ddaryl
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Pretty simple.

Market value.

McGahee was young, and had showed talent. Baltimore badly needed a RB, so his value went up.
              ????????

Lynch is young, has shown some talent, and a few teams badly need a RB

Your reply doesn't answer my question accept for perceived market value.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

????????

He's also one step from a year long suspension. The guy has the potential of being out of the league - for good - tomorrow.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  McGahee had way more potential, fwiw.
                  Sorry that is one I don't follow at all... He was malcontent behind a crappy OL and O who phones it in for the Bills

Lynch is very similiar, different running sytles, but at the point of the trade there really was 0 differentiating Lynch from McGahee

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Forked from: New England trading Moss back to Minny??

OK, Belichick is a complete fool. The man will never win anything in this league. A 3rd?? For Moss?? Is he insane? He should have traded him during training camp or maybe waited longer and gotten a 2nd!!

:sarcasm:

Um...where's all the screaming today folks?? The Bills got a 4th and a conditional for a guy who has had two run-ins with the law and will NEVER get a sniff of the HOF. NE just traded a player, who might end up being, the 2nd best WR EVER (stats wise) for a 3rd round pick. I don't see anybody bashing Belichick like they did the Bills FO yesterday. Anybody still want to argue that the Bills didn't get value??
                    Um, maybe because he's 33 and in the final year of his contract? Yeah, that's entirely comparable to a 24-year-old.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ddaryl
                      • Jan 2005

He's also one step from a year long suspension. The guy has the potential of being out of the league - for good - tomorrow.
                      I wouldn't say out of the league for good.. That's extremly far fetched...

McGahee wasn't exactly a stand up guy off field etiher.. But I still don;'t see the big value diffences between these 2 players..

Well at least from what I remember from McGahee running the ball for the Bills. In fact he had less yard per cary in his Bills career then Lynch and arguably a better OL to run behind
                      Last edited by ddaryl; 10-06-2010, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

????????

You should look at the various trades around the league this year compared to several years ago. How many high-level picks (1st through 3rd) are being traded for players? Very, very few. In times of uncertainty with the CBA and an extremely limited pool of free agents, teams seem to be less willing to part with high draft picks.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                          • Aug 2008

Pick up Brandon Tate in fantasy everyone!
                          Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Sorry that is one I don't follow at all... He was malcontent behind a crappy OL and O who phones it in for the Bills

Lynch is very similiar, different running sytles, but at the point of the trade there really was 0 differentiating Lynch from McGahee
                            Not true. McGahee wasn't a malcontent. He irritated Bills fans. Nobody in the football department had a complaint about him. Also, McGahee wasn't one step from never playing again.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Brandon Marshall has a longer rap sheet than Lynch, and he got two 2nds.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X