PDA

View Full Version : Get Ready To Say Goodbye To Another First Rounder

patmoran2006
10-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm told by a source that John McCargo is going to be released when Shawn Nelson is activated, either before Saturday at 4pm or early next week.

Been wrong before and Im sure a million times more than I care to remember, but I am feeling pretty solid with this one. I'll take the beating that comes with being wrong.

I'm reporting, say goodbye to John real soon.

k-oneputt
10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Par for the course with these morons.

RoscoeMagic
10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
If only he passed his physical two years ago, we'd have more picks :ill:

justasportsfan
10-06-2010, 02:21 PM
I forgot that he was still on the team .lol.

Another wasted pick thread in 3....2.....1....

billz83
10-06-2010, 02:33 PM
the incompetence of the last fewww years is becoming more evident as the days go along..the bills have drafted more busts in the last 10 years then sum teams have drafted in their ENTIRE EXSISTENCE as a team..and yet this is going to be the strategy to "rebuild" this team..

RoscoeMagic
10-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Makes sense, we just signed a DE to the PS to fill Anderson's spot (or Wrotto, I'm losing track)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aj4J4tOrXhORqbFNRdDUJZ05nYcB?slug=nfp-20101006_bills_sign_rashon_harris_to_practice_squad

ddaryl
10-06-2010, 02:40 PM
The slate is being wiped completely clean this time... and as painful as this reality is I'm all for it.

This is the Nix era and he'll be here for a little while longer. But the rebuilding of this team is not going to be a one season turn around. It wil take 3 years and that is a reality I don't think many of you can deal with.

Ickybaluky
10-06-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm told by a source that John McCargo is going to be released when Shawn Nelson is activated, either before Saturday at 4pm or early next week.

Been wrong before and Im sure a million times more than I care to remember, but I am feeling pretty solid with this one. I'll take the beating that comes with being wrong.

I would think early next week. He gets paid for this week because he was on the team on Wednesday.

BillsWin
10-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Makes sense. he's been inactive a lot and we have Carrington. Plus, we just signed RaShon Harris to our practice squad.

patmoran2006
10-06-2010, 02:51 PM
I would think early next week. He gets paid for this week because he was on the team on Wednesday.

Right.. But it comes down to if nelson is ready to play, they have until Sat afternoon. .If he's good to go, the move will come Saturday, if not , early next week.

Even if its not McCargo and someone else, it will be the same deal.

Mahdi
10-06-2010, 02:54 PM

McCargo seemed to do well in the preseason as a DE. Spencer Johnson was pushed around last week. I wouldn't mind seeing him play a game before he's released.

bigbub2352
10-06-2010, 03:04 PM
keep the busts coming cut them all

Jan Reimers
10-06-2010, 03:12 PM
This regime really is getting rid of some trash, and some once highly regarded trash at that. Hardy, Edwards, Lynch, McCargo. . . Who's next?

psubills62
10-06-2010, 03:27 PM
This regime really is getting rid of some trash, and some once highly regarded trash at that. Hardy, Edwards, Lynch, McCargo. . . Who's next?

I'd have to think Whitner.

The Kelsay extension really frustrates me. I liked Nix's draft, wasn't a huge fan, but overall I thought he did a decent job in long-term drafting. At least enough to give these players a chance over the next 2-3 years. Then they get rid of a lot of the trash that's cluttered up this roster for a while. But they extend Kelsay?? It just doesn't make any sense, as Kelsay is a part of that trash. I really, really hope it was just a singular colossal whiff on their part.

more cowbell
10-06-2010, 03:29 PM
John McCargo is like Milton from office space...we fired him years ago yet he still shows up and gets a paycheck

maybe he'll set the Ralph on fire and well get a new stadium finally?

Ebenezer
10-06-2010, 03:52 PM

I think Whitner has some value. Is he a FA at the end of the year?? If not, then he won't be moved until the offseason.

Mad Max
10-06-2010, 03:58 PM

The Kelsay extension really frustrates me. I liked Nix's draft, wasn't a huge fan, but overall I thought he did a decent job in long-term drafting. At least enough to give these players a chance over the next 2-3 years. Then they get rid of a lot of the trash that's cluttered up this roster for a while. But they extend Kelsay?? It just doesn't make any sense, as Kelsay is a part of that trash. I really, really hope it was just a singular colossal whiff on their part.

Speaking of "whiff", do you smell that? I smell old man.

Lone Stranger
10-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Spencer Johnson is another less than spectacular move by the prior regime.

X-Era
10-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Par for the course with these morons.We should keep him?

X-Era
10-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Expect DT to be addressed further in the draft or FA.

k-oneputt
10-06-2010, 05:01 PM
We should keep him?

Keep him ????
Should have been gone two years ago.

Par= another 1st rd. bust.

X-Era
10-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Keep him ????
Should have been gone two years ago.

Par= another 1st rd. bust.
That bust isnt on Nix or Gaileys shoulders, so frankly, its unimportant. If anything it's more salary money back in our pockets for future investments.

TacklingDummy
10-06-2010, 05:31 PM

Maybin :pray:

Ebenezer
10-06-2010, 05:39 PM
That bust isnt on Nix or Gaileys shoulders, so frankly, its unimportant. If anything it's more salary money back in our pockets for future investments.
No, but they could have cut McCargo and kept J. Bell.

Oaf
10-06-2010, 05:43 PM
McCargo had one solid season a la Losman. What happened?

X-Era
10-06-2010, 05:43 PM
No, but they could have cut McCargo and kept J. Bell.Maybe they were never as high on that 4th RB as some of us were? :idunno:

Billz_fan
10-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Maybe they were never as high on that 4th RB as some of us were? :idunno:

It seems they were not thinking of letting Lynch go when they let Bell go. The people pulling the trigger on these decisions seem to be making it up as they go. Otherwise they might have thought hey.....lets hang onto Bell if there's a possibility we get Marshawn traded. Who knows :/

X-Era
10-06-2010, 08:24 PM
It seems they were not thinking of letting Lynch go when they let Bell go. The people pulling the trigger on these decisions seem to be making it up as they go. Otherwise they might have thought hey.....lets hang onto Bell if there's a possibility we get Marshawn traded. Who knows :/Or maybe they look at the roster as many of us do, as a large bag with a whole bunch of not-so-important pieces in it. At that point, does it really matter which piece you toss out?

I actually agree that it just happened to be the timing and that they would have preferred Bell over Anderson. Not sure I would say we screwed up by not trading Lynch earlier so that we could have kept Bell. Bell is what he is, a 3rd RB type who may some day develop into a guy who produces for some team. Thats not a lot of reason to make a move earlier.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-06-2010, 08:36 PM
McCargo had one solid season a la Losman. What happened?
He was specifically drafted for the defense they were installing at the time, and is practically useless in the 3-4.

Dujek
10-07-2010, 10:25 AM
He was specifically drafted for the defense they were installing at the time, and is practically useless in the 3-4.

He was practically useless in the 4-3 too.

mikemac2001
10-07-2010, 10:39 AM
this is the pick thats pisses me off the most.

k-oneputt
10-07-2010, 10:45 AM
this is the pick thats pisses me off the most.

Whitner over Ngata is #1 for me.
Followed closely with Maybin over Orakapo/Oher.

Jan Reimers
10-07-2010, 10:54 AM
No, but they could have cut McCargo and kept J. Bell.
Glad to see you're coming around on the Bell issue, Eb.

Mr. Miyagi
10-07-2010, 10:54 AM
John McCargo is still a Bill? What?

Ed
10-07-2010, 10:58 AM
When I first saw this thread title I assumed it was someone we could get a draft pick for like Whitner. What a let down. I can't believe Polian was going to give us a 4th round pick for this guy.

Not only did we use a 1st round pick on this guy, but we had to trade multiple picks to get it, and he got outperformed by 5th rounder Kyle Williams from day 1.

Speaking of Kyle Williams, I think he's a guy we should be shopping and could actually get a decent pick for. Actually, trade Stroud also while we're at it and just let Carrington and Troup take their lumps this year. What do we have to lose? If we are going to suck and are going to rebuild again, let's do it right and stockpile draft picks.

Jan Reimers
10-07-2010, 10:59 AM
John McCargo is still a Bill? What?
You'd never know it on Sundays.

Mr. Miyagi
10-07-2010, 11:18 AM
You'd never know it on Sundays.
I thought he's been out of football for 2 years.

Jan Reimers
10-07-2010, 11:20 AM
I thought he's been out of football for 2 years.
He kinda' has. He's been with the Bills.

mikemac2001
10-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Whitner over Ngata is #1 for me.
Followed closely with Maybin over Orakapo/Oher.

yes i would have rather had orakapo but i am not giving on maybe yet he is to young its not his fault he was drafted that high (hate his attitude though)

if maybin ends up doing nothing and orakapo blows up for years yes that will be my tops.

better days
10-07-2010, 11:32 AM
yes i would have rather had orakapo but i am not giving on maybe yet he is to young its not his fault he was drafted that high (hate his attitude though)

if maybin ends up doing nothing and orakapo blows up for years yes that will be my tops.

No matter how well Orakpo plays or how poor Maybin plays, Nagta/Whitner has to be the worst. Nagta is a beast & we could have had him, instead we got an average at best safety.

Mad Bomber
10-07-2010, 11:43 AM
No matter how well Orakpo plays or how poor Maybin plays, Nagta/Whitner has to be the worst. Nagta is a beast & we could have had him, instead we got an average at best safety.
The McCargo trade-up was worse. We could have had Nick Mangold (who went two picks later); that's who I thought we were going for when it was announced that the Bills had traded up. Instead we got a ZERO.