• Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Zone Exclusive: One Fan's View

Here is this weeks installment of OFV:

If you have insomnia but no health insurance, no problem! Watch the 2010 Buffalo Bills. No need to buy expensive medicine. My father and I made it home after the game, turned on the Eagles/Redskins game, and promptly fell asleep. My dad had the luxury of lying down. I fell asleep seated upright with the Bison dip opened on my lap. My only victory of the day was that I didn’t spill it all over the couch (although one could argue having Bison dip available was a win) .

Why was it so boring? My theory is that when your team converts zero percent of third downs, you are watching a game so boring that it will in fact put you to sleep. I’ve always suspected that when you convert under 30%, you are watching a bad game. It’s only due to this game that I realized that zero percent can suck your ability to stay awake right out of you. I’ve never witnessed a game where a “professional” football team does not convert a single third down.

You have to give the Buffalo Bills credit. When you ask, “can they get worse than the previous week” they answer with a resounding, resilient answer, “YES!” Right now, knowing what I know (that they always answer yes), I’m at a loss at how they will out do themselves this week. I already know that Trent Edwards will play and dink and dunk his way to 300 yards passing and 3 TD’s all on the Kelsay side of the ball. I already know that Maurice Jones Drew will run for 200+ yards, perhaps even in the first half. I know the back ups who enter will replicate those stats. So I’m a little afraid of how they plan to answer “can they get worse.”

Full Article
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• ZAZusmc03
    • Jan 2010

Re: Zone Exclusive: One Fan's View

Good read, I enjoyed it.

Comment

• Cntrygal
      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
      • Jul 2002

I so badly want to laugh!

Great article though!
      Originally posted by notacon
      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Dad’s joy - We were in the car heading home when the Bills scored. My dad exuberantly screamed out, “hey, hey!” I was stunned at first. We were so beaten down, how did he possibly care we scored a meaningless touchdown? Then he followed up with “Coffee!” and tore out the Tim Horton’s free coffee coupon from the booklet when the Bills score 2 TD or more. I don’t know if he was happy for the free coffee or because he knew he isn’t getting another free coffee this year.

Comment

Working...
        X