• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Nix Article

from article
    Bills GM Buddy Nix knew full well that the task of turning the fortunes around of a franchise that was not a postseason participant in 10 years was going to take time. Though an 0-4 start might have been something even he did not anticipate, Buffalo's personnel boss knew that the climb to respectability and eventually playoff contender was going to be a methodical one.
    “Obviously I’m frustrated just like the fans and everybody else,” said Nix. “We didn’t expect to be here, but we are where we are and we’ve got to deal with it. We’ve got to dig our way out and that’s what we try to do every day.”
    Nix and head coach Chan Gailey, who meet with one another three to four times a day, have a defined plan as to how to make the Bills into a winning franchise again. That plan however, contains no quick fixes.
    “We didn’t get in this situation overnight and we’re not going to get out overnight,” said Nix. “We knew it wouldn’t be easy. If there were not the problems that we’ve got, I wouldn’t be here, Chan wouldn’t be here.”
    Full Article

I'm with you, Buddy...just don't **** us over.

This is similar to what he said in the preseason, but for those submitting their final evaluations after Week 4, I figured it was worth a look.

• BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Nix Article

People calling for his head this early makes me laugh. Our team is in such a high level of suckitude that calling for a GM's head four games into his first season is just stupid.

Now, if he screws the pooch in this next draft, I will be very vocal about firing him.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
      People calling for his head this early makes me laugh. Our team is in such a high level of suckitude that calling for a GM's head four games into his first season is just stupid.

Now, if he screws the pooch in this next draft, I will be very vocal about firing him.
      let me ask you this: how did we manage to become WORSE than last year?

No one expects perfection, or a playoff season, or even a winning season, right away. But rebuilding is about incrementally getting better. We have actually regressed since last season.

So, criticism of Nix and Gailey is well-warranted. We are going in the wrong direction.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
        New schemes on both sides of the football. Tough schedule to begin the season. Injuries to a lot of our rookie class/ key injuries to our defensive front seven through the first four weeks. Ie. Poz, Stroud, Davis, etc. Now Moats is out too.

I think we're going to see improvement. It's four games into the season and our losses are to the New England Patriots, two Super Bowl hopefuls in the Jets and Packers and a loss to the Dolphins who always play us tough.

I for one am looking forward to the increased reps given to Jackson and Spiller and I am looking forward to seeing how Bell and Wood continue to improve as they finish healing and work their way to 100%.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I'm still baffled with the Kelsay signing. It contradicts everything he says about the process. Just like trent, he isn't producing.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
            New schemes on both sides of the football. Tough schedule to begin the season. Injuries to a lot of our rookie class/ key injuries to our defensive front seven through the first four weeks. Ie. Poz, Stroud, Davis, etc. Now Moats is out too.

I think we're going to see improvement. It's four games into the season and our losses are to the New England Patriots, two Super Bowl hopefuls in the Jets and Packers and a loss to the Dolphins who always play us tough.

I for one am looking forward to the increased reps given to Jackson and Spiller and I am looking forward to seeing how Bell and Wood continue to improve as they finish healing and work their way to 100%.
            We had tons of injuries last year. We had a new offensive system last year (remember firing the OC a week before the season started?).

And while we have had a tough schedule, it's the NFL. At some point we're going to have to beat tough teams.

And I don't understand the optimism for Bell on this board. The guy is awful.

As far as Wood, it depends on his recovery. If he can get over the injury, we'll be fine. If not, add G to the list of glaring holes this team has.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
              • Sep 2008

No one expects perfection, or a playoff season, or even a winning season, right away. But rebuilding is about incrementally getting better. We have actually regressed since last season.

So, criticism of Nix and Gailey is well-warranted. We are going in the wrong direction.
              It's a transition year, they very rarely turn into winning seasons.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                I'm still baffled with the Kelsay signing. It contradicts everything he says about the process. Just like trent, he isn't producing.
                5 will get you 10 that the Kelsay signing was not Nix... he probably hates it more than the fans. How would an NFL talent evaluator justify this? There isn't one past/present/future that could, in my opinion.

I have said it's not the end of the world, which I believe because it's not, which is probably what Nix said when Ralph said he wanted it done.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

The Bills have been trying to rebuild while treading water for the last decade. What they need to do now (and what they are doing) is full blown bottoming out and starting from scratch.

It's the right thing to do, but it's painful to watch.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid

I have said it's not the end of the world, which I believe because it's not, which is probably what Nix said when Ralph said he wanted it done.
                    I laugh every time I see a post proclaiming Ralph wants Kelsay signed..

Ralph has nothing to do with these decisions.. Accept the truth

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      The Bills have been trying to rebuild while treading water for the last decade. What they need to do now (and what they are doing) is full blown bottoming out and starting from scratch.

why is it the right thing to do a month into the season, but not the right thing to do before the season started? that's where the criticism and confusion comes in.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

why is it the right thing to do a month into the season, but not the right thing to do before the season started? that's where the criticism and confusion comes in.
                        I can see where Nix and Gailey are coming from when it comes to that. You have to sort out what you have in inventory and test them first before deciding which ones to get rid of , which ones are serviceable and which ones will be here for the future. Unfortunately they are using gameday to find these things out.
                        Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-07-2010, 01:40 PM.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by RockStar36

Nix and Gailey were not a part of the last 10 years. Don't you think it's a bit irrational to blame them for that?

Comment

• malo
                            • Sep 2009

Yep.

Hey I don't give credit to this idiot for coming to his senses in week 4 when he had the team for almost a year. AND he was with the team for 2. some people forget this. He should have known the pile of **** he had to dig out from under. That he SEEMS to be getting it NOW shouldn't earn him any credit.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

• malo
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                              Nix and Gailey were not a part of the last 10 years. Don't you think it's a bit irrational to blame them for that?
                              Nix was here for 2 years. He should have had his duck in a row. Waiting until week 4 this season is unacceptable. This is the NFL.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X