PDA

View Full Version : My take on Nix interview: No one is safe.

Extremebillsfan247
10-07-2010, 01:14 PM
If the Lynch trade was a sign of things to come, this recent Buddy Nix interview http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Buddy-Nix-Talks-about-Roster-Moves/3161ae6c-05b6-40c0-993d-47d117808597 only increases the likelyhood of those things actually happening.

Here are things that stuck out to me from that interview. The plan has come in to view here, they want draft picks, they are evaluating everybody, and in order to stay on this team, the players have to produce. No one is safe except for the 5 or 6 leaders, and core players mentioned in brief, and not mentioned by name by Nix except for Kelsay.

He explained why it took so long for Edwards to finally be released, stating that Edwards did everything asked of him through out pre-season, training camps, and OTAs, and did well at the time. With so many ex Bills players around the league playing well last year, Nix felt the need to want to look at everyone as to not overlook, and start releasing players from the start. It's that leaving no stone unturned mentality that made the Bills decide to hold on to Edwards in the first place, and after his success in pre season, he was awarded a chance to play in the regular season where it didn't work out, and after 2 games he was gone.

Finally, He did mention how he understands the frustration of the fans, and that he has been frustrated also. But, he also knew this would be a long drawn out process. As he stated, it took a long time for this team to get this bad and it will take a long time to fix it, but they are on top of it. Although it may look all doom and gloom now, he plans on staying the course of build through the draft, and guarantees it will turn this franchise around. I hope he is right. This fan base is ready to form a mob and picket for firings. lol If I missed anything, feel free to add to this, and leave a comment. Thanks for reading.

Commissioner
10-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Trade Lee Evans

justasportsfan
10-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Kelsay is safe

Extremebillsfan247
10-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Trade Lee Evans It could happen unless he is one of the 5 or 6 guys Nix is thinking on keeping. In any event, this team is going to look a lot different next year. lol

Commissioner
10-07-2010, 02:24 PM
It could happen unless he is one of the 5 or 6 guys Nix is thinking on keeping. In any event, this team is going to look a lot different next year. lol

By the time this team is ready to compete Lee Evans will be over the hill. They should trade him now while he's worthing something.... if they are thinking ahead.

I would try and trade him to San Diego for McNeil. That would free up enough cap space to sign McNeil to a long term deal.

Mr. Miyagi
10-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Trade Lee Evans
Hell no! He won't go!

patmoran2006
10-07-2010, 02:29 PM
No one is safe.. unless he likes you personally.. Then you get 24 million.

Beebe's Kid
10-07-2010, 02:36 PM
By the time this team is ready to compete Lee Evans will be over the hill. They should trade him now while he's worthing something.... if they are thinking ahead.

I would try and trade him to San Diego for McNeil. That would free up enough cap space to sign McNeil to a long term deal.

****...you want McNeil? You'll give us Evans? Sure let's do it!!!

-A.J. Smith in a parallel universe.

Beebe's Kid
10-07-2010, 02:38 PM
No one is safe.. unless Ralph likes you personally.. Then you get 24 million.

Fixed

malo
10-07-2010, 02:39 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

nolimit
10-07-2010, 02:45 PM
I think this is a very good assessment of the situation and I am fully onboard...how can fans expect results from nix and gailey asap when they have been given crap of a team...This year is an absolute pass in my eyes. I give them next year for improvement with a new franchise qb and the following year I will expect playoff contention. I am quite comfortable with the way things are shaking out....This is a true bottoming out for this franchise....its a cleansing process.

malo
10-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I think this is a very good assessment of the situation and I am fully onboard...how can fans expect results from nix and gailey asap when they have been given crap of a team...This year is an absolute pass in my eyes. I give them next year for improvement with a new franchise qb and the following year I will expect playoff contention. I am quite comfortable with the way things are shaking out....This is a true bottoming out for this franchise....its a cleansing process.

I'm glad to see that they appear to finally "get it" at this juncture.

I do not give them a pass for doing basically NOTHING this entire off-season. Basically it set them back a year, or more. Really the way it works is that you set yourself back more by waiting around with your thumb up you ass the entire off-season. They finally get it in week 4, good. Although Kelsay is bad. The fact that it took this long is horrendous. Nix is a bumbling idiot.

nolimit
10-07-2010, 02:55 PM
I think most people think Nix is a bumbling idiot because of he southern twang, but in reality the man knows football and I truly believe Gailey does as well. I really dont understand what people wanted them to do this offseason. The only qb worth a damn in the draft was bradford. They wanted to see what the had in edwards and he failed. The kelsay signing is interesting but he is healthy for a lockerroom that will be filled with young talent. Im just saying to give it time. It will come together.

Jan Reimers
10-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Trading Evans (and perhaps a draft pick) for McNeil makes sense. You trade a good player for a good player, to a team out of your division.

Trading Evans to the Pats for a draft pick or 2 is pure folly. You trade a good player, helping your hated rival, for a draft pick(s) which you hope might turn into something comparable to Evans. When you trade an established player for a 3rd or lower pick, the only sure beneficiary is your trading partner.

X-Era
10-07-2010, 05:47 PM
He actually told us no one is safe, I think he used those words.

ZAZusmc03
10-07-2010, 11:44 PM
He actually told us no one is safe, I think he used those words.
I was wondering if I was the only one that heard that...

G Wolly
10-08-2010, 12:28 AM
I was wondering if I was the only one that heard that...

Nope I got that too.

And that's the way it should be.

If you don't produce, you don't deserve a job. Simple as that.