PDA

View Full Version : Nix Came Out

ghz in pittsburgh
10-07-2010, 02:08 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Roundup-Increased-Workload-for-Jackson/2e7e476e-fd12-4659-bd89-05786805afe0#?id=3161ae6c-05b6-40c0-993d-47d117808597

Reading Sully's article in B-News today I felt he just wanted Nix to caome out to give them reporters something to write about more. Well Nix did.

Does it make you feel any better?

All along I expect the team to bottom out, and I guess Nix's plan might just be that.

On the other hand, it is easy to bottom out. It is easy to identify bad apples and toss them out.

It's hard to uncover diamonds, a lot harder.

Regarding to his answer to Kelsay's extension, it looks like they are looking from the leadership and work ethics viewpoint. Maybe they'll extend Whitner from the same angle down the road.

Historian
10-07-2010, 04:05 PM
My question is why do the Bills always feel the need to bottom out?

When was the last time Pittsburgh "bottomed out"?

I'll tell you when...they don't. They have a 6-10 year, they retool, and they're back in the playoff hunt the following year.

Same goes for Miami.

Same goes for Dallas.

Green Bay

Minnesota

Denver

All these perrennial powerhouses have one thing in common: OWNERSHIP COMMITTED TO WINNING.

You would never see a Pittsburgh or a Minnesota settle for the Jauron 7-9 trifecta, or 10 years without playoffs.

That distinction is for franchises like Buffalo Cleveland and Detroit.

Hell this team isn't even .500 for their history. That's sad.

Billz_fan
10-07-2010, 04:16 PM

I'll tell you when...they don't. They have a 6-10 year, they retool, and they're back in the playoff hunt the following year.

Same goes for Miami.

Same goes for Dallas.

Green Bay

Minnesota

Denver

All these perrennial powerhouses have one thing in common: OWNERSHIP COMMITTED TO WINNING.

You would never see a Pittsburgh or a Minnesota settle for the Jauron 7-9 trifecta, or 10 years without playoffs.

Stop making sense bro, you confuse poeple :D

YardRat
10-07-2010, 04:29 PM

Same goes for Miami.

Same goes for Dallas.

Green Bay

Minnesota

Denver

Miami bottomed out in '04 and '07, just this decade. I don't know how they are defined as a 'perennial powerhouse'.

Pittsburgh was Detroit for their first 38 years.

Dallas bottomed out post-Landry. They've been more successful than the Bills, but haven't been back to the big game post-triplets.

Green Bay was a joke for two decades.

Minnesota has been either mediocre or 'this close' their entire existence. Denver also, except for the Terrell Davis years.

Granted, we've had less success than some others, but no team has been immune from 'bottoming out' or going long stretches with struggling.

Historian
10-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Nobody bottoms out like the Buffalo Bills.

Back to Back 2-14 Pride!