PDA

View Full Version : The Bills NEED to Remain in Buffalo, Will They? *****

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Great town, great supporting fans. If this team moves it's a crime. Thoughts?:usflag:

tatersalad
10-07-2010, 05:52 PM
no, and thats sad

more cowbell
10-07-2010, 06:38 PM
not a chance

Buffalo Thriller
10-07-2010, 06:43 PM
What cities would we possibly move to other than L.A

BertSquirtgum
10-07-2010, 06:54 PM
if they keep playing like this i wouldn't care. cleveland is only 3 hours away.

BertSquirtgum
10-07-2010, 06:55 PM
not a chance

this ******ed post just wants them to move to la so he can go to games. eat a turd sandwich.

Buffalo Thriller
10-07-2010, 06:56 PM
God if they move to that s*** of a city..

SeatownBillsFan21
10-07-2010, 11:25 PM
if they keep playing like this i wouldn't care. cleveland is only 3 hours away.
Thats what they (front Office) wants.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-08-2010, 04:25 AM
Take a look at the television ratings across the nation, even when the Bills aren't playing, and you will see why the NFL will not want to move this team.

Historian
10-08-2010, 04:48 AM
I think if Cleveland can move....nobody is immune.

As for some grand master conspiracy?

No.

Extremebillsfan247
10-08-2010, 05:39 AM
Great town, great supporting fans. If this team moves it's a crime. Thoughts?:usflag:

Well that depends on how you see it. Yeah, they will remain in Buffalo even if the team is no longer playing here. The City of Buffalo retains the rights to the name, and so if the Bills move, they can no longer be called the Bills. So technically the Bills will never leave Buffalo, they will essentially just disappear.

On a different side, there is a very real possibility that the team itself could go bankrupt financially and close it's doors dissolving the team altogether. This would essentially force the league to vote on an expansion team and city. So in that respect you could say yes, they are moving.

Then there is the 3rd part to this which also has a real possibility of happening. A new owner may buy the team with intention to keep it in Buffalo and his financial situation may force him to move the team to stay viable and turn profit. The overall look is dismal at this point, but there is a chance however slim that this team does remain a ball club in Buffalo. But it's going to require a lot of luck, and things falling in the right places economically and financially for this team. JMO

Historian
10-08-2010, 06:02 AM
The City of Buffalo retains the rights to the name, and so if the Bills move, they can no longer be called the Bills.

How do you know this?

I've never read anything of the sort.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-08-2010, 06:11 AM

Toronto, San Antonio, Raleigh, perhaps one of the more successful UFL markets... there are options.

Stewie
10-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Raleigh would not support a pro team. This is a college town.

more cowbell
10-08-2010, 06:29 AM
this ******ed post just wants them to move to la so he can go to games. eat a turd sandwich.

Would never support this franchise if they moved. Never said they were moving to LA either...

So stop putting words in peoples mouths, and insert a "turd sandwich" instead.

moron

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-08-2010, 06:33 AM
Oklahoma City?????:bs:

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2010, 08:08 AM
On a different side, there is a very real possibility that the team itself could go bankrupt financially and close it's doors dissolving the team altogether. This would essentially force the league to vote on an expansion team and city. So in that respect you could say yes, they are moving.

Where does this come from? Isn't the team pulling in profits year over year?

Extremebillsfan247
10-08-2010, 08:17 AM
How do you know this?

I've never read anything of the sort.I read something about that awhile back, I think it was back in '07 or something when concerns arose about the Bills possible move to Toronto. I tried to relocate that for you but couldn't find it. I'll keep looking though, when I find it, I'll post the link.

Extremebillsfan247
10-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Where does this come from? Isn't the team pulling in profits year over year?It's a conspiracy theory. lol

RockStar36
10-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Toronto, San Antonio, Raleigh, perhaps one of the more successful UFL markets... there are options.

People need to stop with the "Bills are moving to Toronto" theory.

Have you seen the attendance for the Toronto games? Toronto people could care less about the NFL. That would be worse than adding a second team to Jacksonville.

Jan Reimers
10-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Where does this come from? Isn't the team pulling in profits year over year?
Yes. The Bills are always in the top third to half of the league in net revenue. They have no debt and a very attractive lease arrangement with the county, plus a strong fan base.

Who knows what will happen when Ralph passes, but it is not a foregone conclusion, especially in this economy, that the Bills will move. Also, there are teams in worse situations than us if the NFL insists on a franchise in LA or some other perceived glamor market.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Raleigh would not support a pro team. This is a college town.
Considering how many ex-Buffalonians are down there, I would tend to disagree.

better days
10-08-2010, 08:43 AM
How do you know this?

I've never read anything of the sort.

It is only common sense that if the Bills moved, the name would be changed.

The Bills were named after BUFFALO Bill Cody. The name Bills & the logo of the Buffalo make no sense ANYWHERE but in Buffalo.

JD
10-08-2010, 10:56 AM
In Kelly I trust.

I heard Golisano is looking to sell the Sabres as long as they remain in Buffalo so that he can be on the team that purchases the Bills.

:pray:

SABuffalo786
10-08-2010, 10:57 AM

HA! Think they'd support the Raleigh **** Offs or whatever the hell they'd rename them? Not a chance....

DraftBoy
10-08-2010, 11:00 AM

I agree with Stewie, despite the number of transplants, Raleigh is not a very good pro sports city.

I always thought San Antonio was the most logical move if one ever happens.

tatersalad
10-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I agree with Stewie, despite the number of transplants, Raleigh is not a very good pro sports city.

I went to the Bills saints game several yrs ago in the alamo dome it was surreal they cheered in spanish and had those messed up noise makers.. but it did sell out and SA is a sports hungry town... But that said Im a BUFFALO BILLS FAN

better days
10-08-2010, 11:09 AM

I think the Cowboys would vote against any team moving to San Antonio.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Keep the Bills in WNY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bath:

Mr. Pink
10-08-2010, 02:16 PM
The Bills should remain in Buffalo.

But ask people from Baltimore or Cleveland about what should have happened.

Likely cities for relocation = LA, San Antonio, Las Vegas...

I cannot think of any east coast cities which may make realignment interesting.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-08-2010, 05:00 PM
I say a stadium should be built on the edge of Niagara Falls - US side of course. It would be the best venue in the league. FACT.

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Would never support this franchise if they moved. Never said they were moving to LA either...

So stop putting words in peoples mouths, and insert a "turd sandwich" instead.

moron

i wouldn't call what you do now as supporting the team. constant crying.......if something good happens. you find a way to **** on it.

more cowbell
10-09-2010, 02:17 PM
i wouldn't call what you do now as supporting the team. constant crying.......if something good happens. you find a way to **** on it.

LOL yep I am the only Bills fan who does that...you're right. ESPECIALLY on this board. YOU HAVE A PHOTO OF A MAN WITH A BAG ON HIS HEAD THAT SAYS "BILLS FAN" ON IT as your signature and "NO ONE IS WORSE THAN THE BUFFALO BILLS"

When exactly has something good happened? and when exactly have I **** on it?

You sound like the crying one, and for that I will choose to ignore you because everything you have ever said to me sounds like you are an un-educated 14 year old little ****.

imbondz
10-09-2010, 02:21 PM
a buddy of mine from LA says no one there wants the Bills organization to move there. lol.

more cowbell
10-09-2010, 02:27 PM
a buddy of mine from LA says no one there wants the Bills organization to move there. lol.

lol...why would they want this disaster of a franchise when they can hope for the Chargers, Jaguars, or even the Vikings instead