PDA

View Full Version : I think the Bills win this week

Ickybaluky
10-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Jacksonville is a crappy road team. They are 0-1 this year, getting blown out by San Diego. They were 2-6 a year ago, getting outscored 209 - 107 in road games. They are a team from Florida traveling to Buffalo where it is colder and windy.

Seriously, I might bet the game. The line is the Bills +1.5.

psubills62
10-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Garrard is an awful road QB. I have a feeling you might be right. I'm interested to see if the offense (particular the line) performs better against a 4-3 defense than against the 3-4 defenses we've played against thus far.

justasportsfan
10-08-2010, 09:11 AM
we won't get to see it :ill:

Ickybaluky
10-08-2010, 09:14 AM

I hear there are tickets available.

Philagape
10-08-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm on board. Garrard is perfect cure to the Bills' diseased defense, and Edwards would make them look like the Steelers.
The offense will have more of identity with Jackson and Spiller taking over, and Fitz can pick apart the Jags' 30th-ranked pass defense (they've given up a whopping 9.2 yards per attempt and 105.6 rating).

The last buffalo fan
10-08-2010, 09:16 AM

:lolabove: :TLBFwatchingtvfromMEXICOanddrinkinglotsofbeer :

Prov401
10-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Jacksonville is a crappy road team. They are 0-1 this year, getting blown out by San Diego. They were 2-6 a year ago, getting outscored 209 - 107 in road games. They are a team from Florida traveling to Buffalo where it is colder and windy.

I agree, and I have a bet on the game.

Bills win this week.

cocamide
10-08-2010, 09:34 AM
I predict a win also. I said it before, and I guess I'll say it again. I think we'll get this game and the game against Chicago.

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=3333267#post3333267

justasportsfan
10-08-2010, 09:55 AM
:lolabove: :TLBFwatchingtvfromMEXICOanddrinkinglotsofbeer :

do the commentators yell "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL" when teams score a td?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXsfAeqimY

BuffaloBlitz83
10-08-2010, 09:57 AM
MJD will break the rushing record sunday

ddaryl
10-08-2010, 09:57 AM
We'll snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm confident..

I honestly have 0 care about wins this year just want to see a team start to gel and give teams a battle

k-oneputt
10-08-2010, 10:06 AM
I agree, and I have a bet on the game.

Bills win this week.

I got them too.
Gotta say though these guys are tough to bet.
From a betting standpoint I do like the fact that they got their ass cleaned at home last week. NFL teams don't like getting embarrassed, especially at home. I expect max effort and performance this week. The question is will it be enough.
But they will win a couple this year and this is one of the couple they are capable of winning.
Suppose to be 70 and sunny Sunday.

The last buffalo fan
10-08-2010, 10:08 AM
do the commentators yell "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL" when teams score a td?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXsfAeqimY

:nod:

RockStar36
10-08-2010, 10:23 AM
I had the Jags game as a possible win before they beat the Colts last week. That kind of changed my line of thinking a bit.

mikemac2001
10-08-2010, 10:24 AM
my only issue is MJD if he blows up and we can't stop them i feel they win but if we can contain him (150 yards 1-2 tds) i feel we have a shot.

Dujek
10-08-2010, 10:30 AM
my only issue is MJD if he blows up and we can't stop them i feel they win but if we can contain him (150 yards 1-2 tds) i feel we have a shot.

It's a sorry state of affairs when we're talking about "holding" an opposition RB to 150 yards and a pair of TDs.

DraftBoy
10-08-2010, 10:43 AM
The X-Factor in this game imo is Mike Sims-Walker if he gets going then we are in trouble, if we can hold him in check and keep MJD from just killing us we have a shot.

mikemac2001
10-08-2010, 11:03 AM
It's a sorry state of affairs when we're talking about "holding" an opposition RB to 150 yards and a pair of TDs.

Not really i am not worried about there passing game but if MJD blows up over 200 and 4 tds then we are done

I have sims-walker in my fantasy league and garrad as a backup they have done sqaut.

150 yards for a top back againist a poor D is a good game in my mind.

better days
10-08-2010, 11:04 AM
I think Trent is the X factor. Can he tell them ANYTHING about the Bills?

Saratoga Slim
10-08-2010, 11:09 AM
I also said this in the Week 5 prediction thread.

Jax is coming off an emotional win over Indy. Fred Jackson is ready to kill someone. We're going to get run all over, but pull out a win.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-08-2010, 11:15 AM
I also said this in the Week 5 prediction thread.

Jax is coming off an emotional win over Indy. Fred Jackson is ready to kill someone. We're going to get run all over, but pull out a win.

Fred Jackson can't kill anyone. He is an avg player at best. He is like a Buick, he runs but won't win you anything

DynaPaul
10-08-2010, 11:17 AM

Yeah but when you play Buffalo all of those stats go out the window.

trapezeus
10-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Qb's - JAX
Fitz has the weaker arm and will have to throw the ball occassionally. Garrard will not throw at all. it will be run, run, and run some more and it will work.

RB's - JAX
MJD has been playing well. The bills RB's have not. The bills defense sucks. Jags defense sucks less.

WR - Bills
They have balls thrown their way. will it make a difference, no.

Defense - On 10 drives, the bills converted 0 3rd downs. even a bad defense will make the bills punt 5 times on 10 drives. As a result, the team won't keep up with a bills defense that will give up points on almost every single drive. Whitner already said it, "they know what people are doing. they just don't have the personnel to stop it."

madness
10-08-2010, 12:34 PM
MJD runs all over us setting up PA to M. Lewis as he runs away from our LB's and runs through our secondary.

The last buffalo fan
10-08-2010, 01:06 PM
As I don't have personal life, no worries here, I'm still watching the game! :beers:

Historian
10-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if MJD broke the single game rushing mark against us?

mikemac2001
10-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if MJD broke the single game rushing mark against us?

I would love it if we won he is my fantasy back

if we lost and he broke it i wouldnt be thrilled to get rolled that bad

Oldbillsfan
10-08-2010, 01:37 PM
I have seen the Bills get physically manhandled so far, hard to win when that happens. They looked good against the Pats, but being owned for 7? years will do that.

feldspar
10-08-2010, 04:42 PM

I DID bet this game, even though I've sworn off of betting on Bills game either way. Only the Bills were only getting a half point on my card, so they need to win the game straight-up. I bet them as part of a five-leg parlay. Last week, I went 5 of 6 on a six-legger, and the week before, I hit 6 for 6 on a six-leg parlay. For those of you that don't know, that's not easy. The odds are 50-to-1...not to pat myself on the back too hard, but I'm pretty happy about that.

That said, I don't expect this luck to continue. I had a real hard time picking against the spread this week...at the last minute, I changed my Packers -3.5 against the Redskins to the Colts -8.5 against Kansas City. So, if everything else goes through but the Colts don't cover the spread and the Packers do, somebody better come over and take away my belt and shoelaces.

I also did a five-team money-line card this week, which will pay 25-to-1 if I win.

Nighthawk
10-08-2010, 06:24 PM

You do realize that NE's weather is not much better then Buffalo's....correct?

BertSquirtgum
10-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Fred Jackson can't kill anyone. He is an avg player at best. He is like a Buick, he runs but won't win you anything

i know the bills suck but your new found pessimism towards everything bills related is the worst.

billz83
10-09-2010, 03:57 AM
beat the jags?!? i thought we had a chance before the season started..but after they beat the Colts, i dont see us beating them..

Mr. Pink
10-09-2010, 04:17 PM
I think you're high.

A team that can't stop the run vs one of the top 5 backs in football is going to win?

Billz_fan
10-10-2010, 07:17 AM
I also think we got a shot at a win today. No particular reason other than a hunch but I feel good about todays game.

billz83
10-10-2010, 03:15 PM
SOooo all u people that thought we could win..have u come back to reality yet?!

Novacane
10-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Our game against Cleveland is going to decide the #1 pick

mikemac2001
10-10-2010, 03:25 PM

if we didn't kick FG's early in the game we would have won

G Wolly
10-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Our game against Cleveland is going to decide the #1 pick

They already won a game, and I'm sure we'll be their second.

G Wolly
10-10-2010, 03:27 PM

we should TOTALLY fire gailey and nix right now. we couldnt BEAT jacksonville, one of the worst franchises TODAY. what a PATHETIC team omg fire them NOW!!!

billz83
10-10-2010, 03:39 PM
we should TOTALLY fire gailey and nix right now. we couldnt BEAT jacksonville, one of the worst franchises TODAY. what a PATHETIC team omg fire them NOW!!!

If u say so..or better yet lets give them 4 years to show how garbage they really are..maybe they can give kelsay another extension and BETTER YET maybe nix will give douchepatrick an extension along with this ENTIRE OLINE! super bowl here we COME!

G Wolly
10-10-2010, 03:41 PM
yea, 5 games and we havent seen ANY changes. we should be UNDEFEATED right now considering he's had LESS THAN A YEAR 2 work with this team.

What kind of a coach CANT TURN around a team in less than a YEAR?! what a JOKE of a COACH

Mr. Pink
10-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Chan Gailey = Hank Bullough = Kay Stephenson = Harvey Johnson.

billz83
10-10-2010, 03:46 PM
yea, 5 games and we havent seen ANY changes. we should be UNDEFEATED right now considering he's had LESS THAN A YEAR 2 work with this team.

What kind of a coach CANT TURN around a team in less than a YEAR?! what a JOKE of a COACH

um are u related to this bum?! i dunno sux for u that u cant see who has talent and who doesnt..ur probably affiliated with the FO sumhow..itz simple for me either u have the talent or u DONT..and gailey jus doesnt seem to get it..sure the talent level is lower then a UFL team but gailey and NIX CHOSE to keep these pathetic losers part of the team and CHOSE NOT TO UPGRADE at ALLL!! that was their decision..they CHOSE to go into the season with captain checkdown a worthless player 99% of fans WOULD HAVE CUT..but if u wanna give them credit thas cooll..imma see how long it takes u to notice he isnt the answer..most of us have already been able to tell..the kelsay extension SPEAKS VOLUMES!

G Wolly
10-10-2010, 03:52 PM
the kelsay extension SPEAKS VOLUMES!

And so does your excessive use of CAPS LOCK!!!!

..most of us have already been able to tell.

All that shows me is that "most of us" don't understand the time and effort it takes to turn around a football team with little to no big playmakers in his FIRST YEAR.

FIRST YEAR.

FIRST YEAR.

FIRST YEAR.

You like caps lock right?

FIRST

F*****G

YEAR.

Why can't you people comprehend this?

billz83
10-10-2010, 03:59 PM

All that shows me is that "most of us" don't understand the time and effort it takes to turn around a football team with little to no big playmakers in his FIRST YEAR.

FIRST YEAR.

FIRST YEAR.

FIRST YEAR.

FIRST

F*****G

YEAR.

y cant u comprehend talentless LOSERS?! how long does it take u to evaluate talent..in his first YEAR! they(nix and gailey) chose to just get a paycheck and IGNORE all the needs we had..so next year when they chose to ignore our needs or draft a buncha busts and project players in the 1st and 2nd rounds..what will be ur excuse?!?! oh itz only the 2nd year..the bills need 3 years to turn things around blah blah blah...hahaha summa u are pathetic...

Mr. Pink
10-10-2010, 04:01 PM

FIRST YEAR.

FIRST YEAR.

FIRST YEAR.

FIRST

F*****G

YEAR.

I have to say this and single you out on this because other people think he deserves more time but...

If that's the case Marv Levy shouldn't have been hired and Hank Bullough shoulda been left alone AND Harvey Johnson should have gotten more than 1 year. Jim Ringo also!

Some guys just flat out are overmatched and look way in over their head.

When do you say firing Chan is OK? When we're 1-6 to start next season?

G Wolly
10-10-2010, 04:04 PM
y cant u comprehend talentless LOSERS?! how long does it take u to evaluate talent..in his first YEAR! they(nix and gailey) chose to just get a paycheck and IGNORE all the needs we had..so next year when they chose to ignore our needs or draft a buncha busts and project players in the 1st and 2nd rounds..what will be ur excuse?!?! oh itz only the 2nd year..the bills need 3 years to turn things around blah blah blah...hahaha summa u are pathetic...

This isn't Madden. You can't just turn around a franchise in a few months.

There's a reason Jauron was fired during the season last year. The ship was sinking.

Gailey was brought in to try and turn the ship around in the right direction.

And apparently some of you people are too impatient to let him get a feel for the players he inherited in 5 ****ing weeks.

G Wolly
10-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Some guys just flat out are overmatched and look way in over their head.

Right now I agree Chan looks that way. But I don't expect a turnaround by week 5 of his first season after inheriting this team.

And IMO, the cut of Edwards and dealing of Lynch show he's trying to create his own combinations and he's trying to make changes that take more than 5 weeks.

But it's just as much the "talent" of our players as it is the coaching, and firing Gailey after one season with these guys wouldn't help us. Especially since it seems no one else wants to coach here.

billz83
10-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Right now I agree Chan looks that way. But I don't expect a turnaround by week 5 of his first season after inheriting this team.

And IMO, the cut of Edwards and dealing of Lynch show he's trying to create his own combinations and he's trying to make changes that take more than 5 weeks.

But it's just as much the "talent" of our players as it is the coaching, and firing Gailey after one season with these guys wouldn't help us. Especially since it seems no one else wants to coach here.

ya exactly the talent here SUCKS and the extension of Kelsay by these dumb***** will make sure it continues that way..and he didnt have 5 weeks..he had an ENTIRE OFFSEASON!! they brought in NOBODY thas going to make this team better besides MAYBE andre davis..them bringing in guys like cornell green shows they cant evaluate talent..

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 01:22 AM
ya exactly the talent here SUCKS and the extension of Kelsay by these dumb***** will make sure it continues that way..and he didnt have 5 weeks..he had an ENTIRE OFFSEASON!! they brought in NOBODY thas going to make this team better besides MAYBE andre davis..them bringing in guys like cornell green shows they cant evaluate talent..

Okay.

5 games and an offseason.

I feel like I'm arguing with a child, so you go on *****ing about how he hasn't done anything miraculous yet, while I sit here and have realistic expectations.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Okay.

5 games and an offseason.

I feel like I'm arguing with a child, so you go on *****ing about how he hasn't done anything miraculous yet, while I sit here and have realistic expectations.

dude in one offseason the dolphins drafted jake long, chade henne, phillip meriling and kendall langford. a parcells draft. the bills need a PROVEN GM AND COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 01:52 AM
dude in one offseason the dolphins drafted jake long, chade henne, phillip meriling and kendall langford. a parcells draft. the bills need a PROVEN GM AND COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay.

The season before that they were 1-15 under Cam Cameron.

And between that they made a lot of roster moves.

Mike
10-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Okay.

The season before that they were 1-15 under Cam Cameron.

And between that they made a lot of roster moves.

Ineptitude is miraculous

When a good GM makes moves, and improves a bad team into a good, team -something we are not doing- the excuse as to why they are better is because they are making moves!

THAT IS WHAT A GOOD GM IS SUPPOSE TO DO, MAKE MOVES
OURS DONT, HENCE WE ARE NO BETTER THAN A YEAR AGO

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 02:27 AM
Ineptitude is miraculous

When a good GM makes moves, and improves a bad team into a good, team -something we are not doing- the excuse as to why they are better is because they are making moves!

THAT IS WHAT A GOOD GM IS SUPPOSE TO DO, MAKE MOVES
OURS DONT, HENCE WE ARE NO BETTER THAN A YEAR AGO

So just because they haven't made any stellar moves in their first offseason and 5 games, it's time to cut the cord already?

Mike
10-11-2010, 02:28 AM
its like you are expecting things to change without changing anything
you have to change something, improve, draft, FA you have to make moves instead we are re-signing Kelsy (sp?) and a butch or no-bodies

Look at the Redskins now vs the Bills. Last year we were Better, now they are way better. Last year their roster sucked, but they made changes, they improved it and now they are ahead of us. You can see progress, it was instant, it was good coaching and GM work in Washington, however in Buffalo not so much.

PS that all happened on 1 off season and 5games. Thats all it took Shanny to show some improvement, instead we look worst, way worst.

Mike
10-11-2010, 02:32 AM
So just because they haven't made any stellar moves in their first offseason and 5 games, it's time to cut the cord already?

Its indicative of their abilities
There is always the opportunity to improve.

Nix & Gaily are below average at what they do in the NFL and they should have never been hired to do a job they are unqualified for.

Some of the members on this board might have made better of season moves...

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 02:33 AM
its like you are expecting things to change without changing anything
you have to change something, improve, draft, FA you have to make moves instead we are re-signing Kelsy (sp?) and a butch or no-bodies

Look at the Redskins now vs the Bills. Last year we were Better, now they are way better. Last year their roster sucked, but they made changes, they improved it and now they are ahead of us. You can see progress, it was instant, it was good coaching and GM work in Washington, however in Buffalo not so much.

PS that all happened on 1 off season and 5games. Thats all it took Shanny to show some improvement, instead we look worst, way worst.

Shanahan > Gailey

Redskins > Bills

That's easy to see. We have to work with what we have because big names like Shanny and McNabb have no desire to play for our team.

On a team like this, run by the people it's run by, I'm not sure why you're expecting an overnight turnaround like in Washington or New York or Miami or wherever else.

Mike
10-11-2010, 02:35 AM

If you want to win...

PS: Assume your a college coach, If see that your new rookie QB does not have the arm strength to throw a 10yrd out, would you cut the cord? If you had a kicker that could not make an extra point, would you wait 3yrs until he "got it"?

Mike
10-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Thats what Good Organizations do
they attract Talent, weather its a Coach, GM, QB or even a waiter....
.... and the find a way to retain their talents.

If the Bills FO was good, they would have hired a better coach, GM, players, etc...
obviously these Better Talents gravitate to where they can win...

Mike
10-11-2010, 02:40 AM
On a team like this, run by the people it's run by, I'm not sure why you're expecting an overnight turnaround like in Washington or New York or Miami or wherever else.

You just admitted that Nix & Gaily are not good....Finally
If they are not that good, chances are a turnaround will never happen