PDA

View Full Version : Fred's going to have a huge game

Bulldog
10-08-2010, 11:21 AM
on Sunday. I'd imagine he's not real happy with his involvement in the offense so far this year and he makes a statement on Sunday. I'm guessing over a hundred on the ground and another 50 receiving. Sprinkle in a couple TD's and Fred's point is well taken.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-08-2010, 11:26 AM
He won't have more than 60 yds

Bulldog
10-08-2010, 11:29 AM

Want to wager on that?

HAMMER
10-08-2010, 11:33 AM

I've got a $100 that says he will, put your money where your mouth is.

HAMMER
10-08-2010, 11:37 AM
What the Bills did to FJ is ridiculous. He played very good football last year and there was no reason to give Lynch his job. He is a better back period, his YPC were almost a full yard better last year. How do pull a guy that averaged over 4 yards a pop? His vision and decision making are top notch. I love watching Jackson run, I cringe when Lynch takes the handoff.

trapezeus
10-08-2010, 11:39 AM
problem is that the bills defense sucks so badly that if they fall behind, the team feels this need to throw a lot. and once they are behind by 2, they comopletely abandon the run.

the only hope that jackson's runs aren't wasted is that we have to score touchdowns, because we know jacksonville will.

Bulldog
10-08-2010, 11:39 AM
What the Bills did to FJ is ridiculous. He played very good football last year and there was no reason to give Lynch his job. He is a better back period, his YPC were almost a full yard better last year. How do pull a guy that averaged over 4 yards a pop? His vision and decision making are top notch. I love watching Jackson run, I cringe when Lynch takes the handoff.

Which is why I don't really care that Lynch is gone. Fred is the better back and has been for the last two years. Marshawn is a dime a dozen in the NFL and I think we'll all see this very soon. No question in my mind that Fred is the better all around back.

elltrain22
10-08-2010, 12:16 PM
I agree he is going to have a good game. Maybe not huge, but I think 90 yds rushing and about 30 yds receiving and a TD

Buffalo Thriller
10-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Lol this is always on this forum... Someone always predicts something very positive for the Bills... yet we always get stomped.

Jan Reimers
10-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Lol this is always on this forum... Someone always predicts something very positive for the Bills...
That's what fans used to do all the time, but less now. If you dare be positive, you're basically called an idiot for not knowing exactly how bad we are.

You have to be an analyst now, and point out all of our shortcomings.

Bulldog
10-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Lol this is always on this forum... Someone always predicts something very positive for the Bills... yet we always get stomped.

Look, I'm not syaing the Bills will win. I'm just pointing out the fact that I think Fred will put up some big numbers.

Buffalo Thriller
10-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I think CJ would do a lot better, his fast speed against their slow D

HAMMER
10-08-2010, 01:00 PM
That's what fans used to do all the time, but less now. If you dare be positive, you're basically called an idiot for not knowing exactly how bad we are.

You have to be an analyst now, and point out all of our shortcomings.

Oh so many experts nowadays aren't there?

Buffalo Thriller
10-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Hammer you speak like you can judge an expert from a non?

Historian
10-08-2010, 01:05 PM
I agree, Freddie will have a good game, perhaps 100.

Unfortunately, so will MJD. I expct he will crack 200 yards.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Spiller will get more carries than Jackson

Beebe's Kid
10-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Oh so many experts nowadays aren't there?

Experts...

I guess to say something positive about your team makes you a "cheerleader" or a "homer," you aren't allowed to root for them, blah blah blah.

A few negative *****s actually have good points, and they are just miserable people but very tolerable, and knowledgeable. Then there is the "I've been here a week, started 765 threads" lickers.

It's hip to hate, and it's a lot easier to kick when a team is down.

You know the losing mentality that Nix was talking about....you're seeing it among fans. The fans complain about every player. The guys in front of me are like the two old guys at the Muppets....we can gain 15 yds on a play, and they say..."he's just not fast enough." etc etc. Never say anything positive...

How many of us good homers are there? There aren't many. I am very realistic about this team, but that doesn't mean you'll ever see me root against them... I may get all lathered up and say some ****, but it's all right ma, I'm only bleeding.

Old Japanese proverb.... If you fall seven times, get up 8.

One good think is, if all of the negative *****s keep doing what they do, I'll be sitting at the 50 in no time. I have like two sections to go, and depending on this years finish, I could be there next year.

When the team is down the 12th man used to lift them up, now they just fight and complain. That's cheerleader ****, but if you are at the game, look around, it has become uncool to cheer.

For anybody needing a little jolt of homerism...

Enjoy this little nugget. (http://www.forgottenbuffalo.com/images/Buffalo_Talkin_Proud.mp3)

Mr. Pink
10-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Fred Jackson should run for about 80 yards and 1 score Sunday.

As Historian pointed out, unfortunately MJD will double that.

better days
10-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Experts...

I guess to say something positive about your team makes you a "cheerleader" or a "homer," you aren't allowed to root for them, blah blah blah.

A few negative *****s actually have good points, and they are just miserable people but very tolerable, and knowledgeable. Then there is the "I've been here a week, started 765 threads" lickers.

It's hip to hate, and it's a lot easier to kick when a team is down.

You know the losing mentality that Nix was talking about....you're seeing it among fans. The fans complain about every player. The guys in front of me are like the two old guys at the Muppets....we can gain 15 yds on a play, and they say..."he's just not fast enough." etc etc. Never say anything positive...

How many of us good homers are there? There aren't many. I am very realistic about this team, but that doesn't mean you'll ever see me root against them... I may get all lathered up and say some ****, but it's all right ma, I'm only bleeding.

Old Japanese proverb.... If you fall seven times, get up 8.

One good think is, if all of the negative *****s keep doing what they do, I'll be sitting at the 50 in no time. I have like two sections to go, and depending on this years finish, I could be there next year.

When the team is down the 12th man used to lift them up, now they just fight and complain. That's cheerleader ****, but if you are at the game, look around, it has become uncool to cheer.

For anybody needing a little jolt of homerism...

Enjoy this little nugget. (http://www.forgottenbuffalo.com/images/Buffalo_Talkin_Proud.mp3)

Yeah, I think some newer posters on the board are actually fans of other teams & only post here to harass the rest of us.

feldspar
10-08-2010, 04:12 PM

Alright, I'm going to say this one more time: last year, 35% of Jackson's rushing yards were in two games...one against the worst run defense in the league (Tampa), and the other against the Colts' scrubs, who were worse that the worst run defense in the league. Other than those two games, he averaged about what Lynch did against mainly tougher defenses. Also, Jackson scored 2 rushing TDs as mainly the featured back last year. These are all proven facts, so don't complain about it.

I think he'll do very well this week, and people will be giving him too much credit for having success against a bad defense. Same with Fitz.

Look, it's not my intention to put Freddie down. I really like him as a player, and there isn't very many other guys I root harder for...but you have to put things into perspective here. The Bills have treated Freddie very well all along...they were the ones that gave him his big chance in the first place, and he's starting now after only 4 games into the season, so get over it. I just wonder how many carries Spiller is going to see.

HAMMER
10-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Alright, I'm going to say this one more time: last year, 35% of Jackson's rushing yards were in two games...one against the worst run defense in the league (Tampa), and the other against the Colts' scrubs, who were worse that the worst run defense in the league. Other than those two games, he averaged about what Lynch did against mainly tougher defenses. Also, Jackson scored 2 rushing TDs as mainly the featured back last year. These are all proven facts, so don't complain about it.

I think he'll do very well this week, and people will be giving him too much credit for having success against a bad defense. Same with Fitz.

Look, it's not my intention to put Freddie down. I really like him as a player, and there isn't very many other guys I root harder for...but you have to put things into perspective here. The Bills have treated Freddie very well all along...they were the ones that gave him his big chance in the first place, and he's starting now after only 4 games into the season, so get over it. I just wonder how many carries Spiller is going to see.

Point is he should have been starting from day 1, he is a better back than Lynch.

BertSquirtgum
10-09-2010, 01:12 AM

pull that stick out of your keester

Mad Bomber
10-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Fred is assured to have a huge game. He's on my opponent's fantasy football team.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Which is why I don't really care that Lynch is gone. Fred is the better back and has been for the last two years. Marshawn is a dime a dozen in the NFL and I think we'll all see this very soon. No question in my mind that Fred is the better all around back.
Lets face it, even without his off the field issues, Lynch was a bust. He also ran to contact and was injury prone.