PDA

View Full Version : ESPNs Take on the Sabres.......

SkateZilla
10-08-2010, 12:06 PM
ESPN.COM ARTICLE (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/101007_nhl_season_preview&sportCat=nhl)

R -- Ryan Miller
Miller is probably the best goaltender in hockey. And given that the Sabres let defensemen Henrik Tallinder and Toni Lydman sign elsewhere and brought in almost nothing to help Miller, he'll really get a chance to make his case as the NHL's best goalie this year. Great job as always, Sabres management!

OpIv37
10-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Um, they brought in Jordan Leopold and Shaone Morisson.

I can buy the argument that they're not as good as Tallinder and Lydman. But to say the Sabres did nothing is just plain stupid.

OpIv37
10-08-2010, 12:13 PM
and if they wanted to criticize the Sabres for doing nothing, how about criticizing them for not bringing in a true scorer since losing Briere and Drury 4 years ago? That's a far more legitimate criticism because they haven't even tried. Leopold and Morisson may or may not be as good as Tallinder and Lydman, but at least the Sabres found immediate replacements.

DMBcrew36
10-08-2010, 12:34 PM
ESPN is allowed an opinion on hockey?

SkateZilla
10-08-2010, 12:40 PM

I Remember Cursing at my TV during Barry Melrose's Hockey nite on ESPNews, every nite, and i mean EVERY NIGHT.

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2010, 12:47 PM
ESPN.COM ARTICLE (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/101007_nhl_season_preview&sportCat=nhl)
Does ESPN even research anything?

Morrison and Leopold have the chance to actually be an upgrade over Hank and Toni.

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2010, 12:48 PM
and if they wanted to criticize the Sabres for doing nothing, how about criticizing them for not bringing in a true scorer since losing Briere and Drury 4 years ago? That's a far more legitimate criticism because they haven't even tried. Leopold and Morisson may or may not be as good as Tallinder and Lydman, but at least the Sabres found immediate replacements.
Agreed! I actually think Leopold and Morrison could be slight improvements.

SABuffalo786
10-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Really lazy writing even by ESPN fluff piece standards.

Myers? Morrison? Healthy Rivet? Weber?

GTFO, MTV Sports.

OpIv37
10-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Clearly they shouldn't be. There are a million things for which this FO can be criticized, and they still manage to come up with this garbage.

Seriously, it's so bad that even I have to defend the FO on this one.

DMBcrew36
10-08-2010, 12:59 PM
I Remember Cursing at my TV during Barry Melrose's Hockey nite on ESPNews, every nite, and i mean EVERY NIGHT.

He's just a want-to-be Don Cherry

SkateZilla
10-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Seriously, it's so bad that even I have to defend the FO on this one.

Leave it to ESPN to give us a reason to defend our F.O.

more cowbell
10-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Once again ESPN rips on a team from the Buffalo market...what a suprise

No one has any idea what the hell their talking about, on any subject that is on ESPN...ESPECIALLY the NHL.

Go work on a special to put on sportscenter about how Lebron James prefers Crunch Berries to Captain Crunch...and leave the hockey talk to other media outlets who actually have a clue what their talking about.

mchurchfie
10-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Does ESPN even research anything?

Morrison and Leopold have the chance to actually be an upgrade over Hank and Toni.
They are already. They both handle the puck much better than Lydman. You could always count him to cough up the puck at the most inopportune times.

helmetguy
10-09-2010, 05:03 PM
They are already. They both handle the puck much better than Lydman. You could always count him to cough up the puck at the most inopportune times.

I woulda liked to have kept Hank. I don't miss Lydman's "almost to the blueline backkand" clear attempts.

JD
10-10-2010, 09:13 PM
B -- Buffaslug
"Buffaslug" -- the horned, fetal, buffalo-ish blob that had adorned Sabres jerseys since 2006 -- is no more. Back is the team's classic buffalo and crossed sabers jersey. It's a great move by the franchise. However, I feel a little bad for the buffaslug to be cut off at this stage of its development; I think it was about to sprout limb buds any day now. :rofl:

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 01:30 AM
Well, at least they tried.

RockStar36
10-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Guys guys guys...

That article was written by DJ Gallo. He writes for Sports Pickle, a satire site. If there is one thing to not take seriously on ESPN, it's anything written by Gallo, which everything he writes is on Page 2.

You're looking way too much into this one. And shame on SZ for selling it incorrectly.

DMBcrew36
10-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Guys guys guys...

That article was written by DJ Gallo. He writes for Sports Pickle, a satire site. If there is one thing to not take seriously on ESPN, it's anything written by Gallo, which everything he writes is on Page 2.

You're looking way too much into this one. And shame on SZ for selling it incorrectly.

Regardless... if I am looking to find scores, news or anything on hockey, I will type TSN.ca into my browser.