PDA

View Full Version : Talley aches to see Bills recover what they've lost

Cntrygal
10-10-2010, 09:41 AM
A heart-and-soul player from team's glory days wonders what has become of his beloved franchise

His friends, some of them teammates from the glory years, tell Darryl Talley he should stop watching the games. Why torture yourself, they ask him? It's not you out on the field. Why let it bother you so? Be like all those other Bills fans and stay away.

"People say 'Don't get upset,'" Talley said Friday from his home in Orlando, Fla. "I could do what a lot of the guys do and not watch. But I lived it. I did it. I loved the people and I loved what I did. How the hell could I spend 12 years of my life in a place and not care?"

link (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article215812.ece)

ddaryl
10-10-2010, 09:43 AM
wish we had 12 Talleys on our D.. We might not win a lot of games but there would be a lot of heart running around on the field

mikemac2001
10-10-2010, 09:54 AM
wish we had 12 Talleys on our D.. We might not win a lot of games but there would be a lot of heart running around on the field

We would also get flagged for to many men on the field but I miss watching him and his quote speaks the truth of a real fan

ddaryl
10-10-2010, 10:19 AM
We would also get flagged for to many men on the field but I miss watching him and his quote speaks the truth of a real fan

oops.. The number 12 was in my head from the other thread about Luck and Jim Kelly's #12 being retired :balloons: