PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of any establishments that are showing the game?

Mark Miller
10-10-2010, 10:44 AM
I was curious to whether anybody knows of any bars/restaurants in the Buffalo area that will be airing the game. Even though they aren't anything special this year I still enjoy watching them for entertainment.

Buffalo Thriller
10-10-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm sure 90% of the bars are showing the game.

X-Era
10-10-2010, 10:58 AM
I was curious to whether anybody knows of any bars/restaurants in the Buffalo area that will be airing the game. Even though they aren't anything special this year I still enjoy watching them for entertainment.If your talking places that show DirectTv and are in the Buffalo area, that basically cant happen even with Sunday Ticket. Its based on where the address of the owner of the service is.

So, if you lived in Georgia and got service there, even if you packed your dish into an RV and parked in the parking lot of the stadium, you could watch it.

But, if you live in Buffalo, had a Buffalo address as where you had it installed and then took it on vacation with you in Georgia, it would be blacked out for you even though your in Georgia on vacation.

So, any bar in the Buffalo area will have the system installed with a Buffalo address and will be subject to the blackout rule.

And the blackout rule works like this: If any station covers the Bills and any portion of their viewing area falls inside 75 miles of the stadium, they are blacked out.

If you want to watch it, you could drive 75 miles away from the stadium to a sports bar with DirecTv and you would likely be able to watch the game.

X-Era
10-10-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm sure 90% of the bars are showing the game.How is this possible? Do they get an exclusion because they are a bar?

Bangarang
10-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I shall be watching the game today via the internet.

PBMax
10-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Link?

mchurchfie
10-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I shall be watching the game today via the internet.
What is the link for the live streaming?

bluerosekiller
10-10-2010, 01:03 PM
If your talking places that show DirectTv and are in the Buffalo area, that basically cant happen even with Sunday Ticket. Its based on where the address of the owner of the service is.

So, if you lived in Georgia and got service there, even if you packed your dish into an RV and parked in the parking lot of the stadium, you could watch it.

But, if you live in Buffalo, had a Buffalo address as where you had it installed and then took it on vacation with you in Georgia, it would be blacked out for you even though your in Georgia on vacation.

So, any bar in the Buffalo area will have the system installed with a Buffalo address and will be subject to the blackout rule.

And the blackout rule works like this: If any station covers the Bills and any portion of their viewing area falls inside 75 miles of the stadium, they are blacked out.

If you want to watch it, you could drive 75 miles away from the stadium to a sports bar with DirecTv and you would likely be able to watch the game.

A perfect explanation for the rules regarding Sunday Ticket as I've always understood them my friend, but lo & behold, I just decided to take a peek today on the game's channel ( because this is actually my first season of actually having Direct TV & the package I ordered was a promo special w/Sunday Ticket ) & it's on.
Much to my delight, because it just so happens that today's my birthday.
Go figure...

PUCKER
10-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Well,I HOPE the Bills comply and give you a birthday win! :cheers:

A perfect explanation for the rules regarding Sunday Ticket as I've always understood them my friend, but lo & behold, I just decided to take a peek today on the game's channel ( because this is actually my first season of actually having Direct TV & the package I ordered was a promo special w/Sunday Ticket ) & it's on.
Much to my delight, because it just so happens that today's my birthday.
Go figure...