PDA

View Full Version : There is no hope.

Novacane
10-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Hopeless. That describes this team. How can you even have hope we will get a franchise QB when we get the #1 pick in the draft? Nix will **** that up too. Do you really have any faith in a GM that thought it was a priority to extend Chris Kelsay? If you do I say you are :coocoo: This team won't be good for at least 5 years and that's assuming the guys that take over for Nix and Gailey are competent. If Ralphs the one hiring them they won't be :rolleyes:

billz83
10-10-2010, 03:04 PM
agree with u completely this team is a DISASTER! Wilson is the worst owner in NFL history to ALLOW this to happen for over a decade..and now we have passed the lions as the worst team in the NFL..everyone expects all the other teams that are winless to win before us..what does that tell u! this was onna the only games we had a chance to win and we BLEW it..0-16 here we come..hopefully wilson sells this team by next year and whoever buys them CLEANS HOUSE get all these GARBAGE A** SCRUBS OUTTA HERE..let them go join the UFL..they are NOT NFL MATERIAL..no faith in nix or gailey after extendin kelsay just a buncha C*** SUCKIN yes men for old man wilson.

TacklingDummy
10-10-2010, 03:07 PM
It does look bad.

I was a kid back in the early 1980's. I don't remember if the 2-14 teams were this bad.

useab
10-10-2010, 03:09 PM
There is hope...What this team needs is a little Luck. Just keep on losing Bills. Andrew Luck will hopefully come out of college and the team snags him and all is fixed!!......except for wr, ot, te, dt, de, olb, mlb, db, ss, fs......damn that just made me depressed

Buffalo Thriller
10-10-2010, 03:20 PM
There is hope...What this team needs is a little Luck. Just keep on losing Bills. Andrew Luck will hopefully come out of college and the team snags him and all is fixed!!......except for wr, ot, te, dt, de, olb, mlb, db, ss, fs......damn that just made me depressed

No kidding! At-least we will have the 1st pick in the other 6 rounds.

unpaid_bills
10-10-2010, 03:22 PM
at least its "entertaining" to watch. I sort of tune in to see how bad they will be at this point. I honestly thought the D would keep us close in some games they cant stop the run, have no answer for any TE. LB's are horrible in pass coverage and no pass rush. 30+ Pts allowed and 200+ yds rushing you aren't going to win with that. At least try and blitz a couple times its not like Garrard was lighting the league up - I just don't get it.

I love the Bills will watch win or lose, but hate to admit we are not only the worse team and run franchise in the NFL, even more embarrasing we are the laughing stock by other teams, fans, announcers, media. The only positive we wont lose next week....:phew:

useab
10-10-2010, 03:24 PM
We have to nail every single pick in the next 2 or 3 drafts to even be good in like 5 years

bluerosekiller
10-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Nope.

You're right. There is, indeed, no hope.

Not until this team has a new owner who gives a damn about something else other than how much he's going to be able to leave behind in his coffers when he's in his coffin.

As long as Wilson is still alive he's going to bottomline anything & everything to do w/the Bills.
It's obvious.

So, while some of you may get your hopes up about some inspirational turn around following April's draft, the cold hard facts are that as long as Wilson is drawing breath, this franchise will be & will remain a bottom dweller.

Of this I've resigned myself.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Nope.

You're right. There is, indeed, no hope.

Not until this team has a new owner who gives a damn about something else other than how much he's going to be able to leave behind in his coffers when he's in his coffin.

As long as Wilson is still alive he's going to bottomline anything & everything to do w/the Bills.
It's obvious.

So, while some of you may get your hopes up about some inspirational turn around following April's draft, the cold hard facts are that as long as Wilson is drawing breath, this franchise will be & will remain a bottom dweller.

Of this I've resigned myself.

lets be a little intellectually honest here... do u remeber the 90s under wilson?

G Wolly
10-10-2010, 04:09 PM
lets be a little intellectually honest here... do u remeber the 90s under wilson?

Do you remember the second half of the 90s until now?

bluerosekiller
10-10-2010, 04:33 PM

Well...
While I may have liked my suds a wee bit too much back in those days whilst THOROUGHLY enjoying the glory days of the Bills, I DO, in fact, remember the '90s well.
Why do you ask?

Jan Reimers
10-10-2010, 04:48 PM
I understand the frustration, and as a long time fan, it's as bad as I ever remember.

I just think we're a franchise QB and 2 or 3 really good defensive players away from respectability. Not five years.

bluerosekiller
10-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Sorry Jan, but judging by the way this team looks & behaves on the field, it's going to take a LOT more than just a couple/few key components to turn this thing around.
The culture of losing has clearly set in deeply like a cancer & the addition of some healthy tissue isn't going to be enough to cure it. :scared:

YardRat
10-10-2010, 05:19 PM
As long as we have a team, there will be hope.

This isn't a road that hasn't been traveled before.

corry20
10-10-2010, 05:29 PM
I just got back from the game and you can see the stands are not very full and the fans are starting to to get sick of losing.This is only going to get worse not better the way things are going.

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/8968/p1020271a.jpg (http://img510.imageshack.us/i/p1020271v.jpg/)

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/4296/p1020366l.jpg (http://img541.imageshack.us/i/p1020366l.jpg/)

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4457/p1020422.jpg (http://img251.imageshack.us/i/p1020422.jpg/)

poreef
10-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Just to be a bit contrarian, the overall quality of the NFL has decreased pretty significantly over the last decade save for a few marquee franchises. The kind word for the problem is "parity."

All it takes to be competitive is a decent core, some luck and good health. You look at the Super Bowl contenders (Confernece Championship teams and beyond) and it's generally who you would expect in any given year, but not necessarily who you would have expected 5 years prior. Cards and Saints being the obvious examples. Even the Giants have been on again off again.

Which isn't to say that we should be talking Super Bowls in the next 5 years, but we could easily be talking being competitive in the playoffs. The average career in the NFL is short so turnover is quick.

Of course, I'd much rather have the 10 billion picks the Patsies already have for next year. Trading Randy Moss for so little will prove to be a big mistake. I hope that the next collective deal promotes trading that isn't just dumps like this.

better days
10-10-2010, 05:47 PM
It looked like there was no hope for the Tampa Bay Bucs last year. A new coach that had never even been a coordinator in the NFL before becoming the H.C. of the Bucs.

He looked like he was in way over his head. The posters on this board blasting Chan would have done the same to Morris last year, if they were Bucs fans.

Well, today the Bucs pulled out a last second win against the home team Bengals. The Bucs are winning & 10 wins & the playoffs look very feasible to me this year.

The difference this year is the Bucs have a budding franchise QB in Josh Freeman & they also drafted Gerald McCoy to anchor the D-line.

People need to give Chan & Buddy time......... as they said it would take to fix this team.

TigerJ
10-10-2010, 06:00 PM
The current edition of the Bills are clearly a bad team, but being stubborn and by nature an optimist, I am very slow to give up hope entirely. While Nix has probably made some errors, I think he still knows enough about evaluating talent, that the Bills can get better in his regime. I still believe that Gailey is a decent coach. On the other hand, I think the talent level of the team is pretty low right now. Too many mistakes were made in the draft and free agency over many years. There were execution problems versus the Jaguars, but even when players did the right things, they just seemed to be outmanned a number of times.

On offense, the offensive line may not be all that far from having decent personnel, but we don't have a serviceable riight tackle and Bell is still making mistakes at LT. Of course, Fitz is never going to be a QB who will elevate the players around him. He will always be a drag on the offense, struggling with accuracy issues when we need him to make clutch throws.

The defense seems to be in worse shape overall. I'd like it if Sal or Ingtar would look at film of the front seven and finger the guys who aren't getting it done in run defense, and pressuring the QB. I don't have the expertise to do that kind of evaluation, but it's not hard to figure out that Buffalo is losing the battle in the trenches big time every week.

corry20
10-10-2010, 06:03 PM
The problem is we don't have time.It's sad to say but if Ralf died this year the Team would have a more likely shot staying Buffalo.Everyone is concerned about the Estate Tax.My Opinion is their shouldn't be a Estate tax it's wrong to penalize your Family for what you have earned. Lots of Season ticket holders are saying why renew tickets when you could have a lock out next year.I wish none of these things where happening and we could just worry about the game.

topher180
10-10-2010, 06:36 PM
I understand the frustration, and as a long time fan, it's as bad as I ever remember.

I just think we're a franchise QB and 2 or 3 really good defensive players away from respectability. Not five years.

You're entitled to your opinion but I think a statement like this overlooks the big picture problem...one that you are aware of but just choose to ignore for some reason.

You are a super fan, who obviously puts a lot of personal stock into this team. That's why I can't figure out why you wouldn't be more angry than your average fan. That's what I never get. I don't think it's simply a matter of being pessimistic or optimistic at this point. You should lead the charge here.

Novacane
10-10-2010, 08:36 PM

The blind squirre (Wilson) found a nut (Polian) . Then he screwed up the only good hire he'd made by firing him for not getting along with his daughter. Wilson IS the main problem.

Novacane
10-10-2010, 08:39 PM
The current edition of the Bills are clearly a bad team, but being stubborn and by nature an optimist, I am very slow to give up hope entirely. While Nix has probably made some errors, I think he still knows enough about evaluating talent, that the Bills can get better in his regime.

How can you feel that way when Nix's big move has been to lock up Chris freaking Kelsay for another 4 years? I know we are just stupid fans but we all agree Kelsay blows. That move alone made me lose all faith in Nix.

Novacane
10-10-2010, 08:44 PM

Lets say we get that franchise QB next year. It's gonna take him a couple years. That puts us at least 3 years away from respectability assuming we actually hit on the QB. Not to mention the defensive players we need. 2-3 is being VERY generous. I wish I could share your optimism but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

malo
10-10-2010, 08:46 PM

:rofl:

HHURRICANE
10-10-2010, 09:08 PM
It does look bad.

I was a kid back in the early 1980's. I don't remember if the 2-14 teams were this bad.

They were!

Spiderweb
10-10-2010, 10:13 PM
They were!

Oh yes, they were. Which is why it was so sweet when Reed, Smith, Kelly, Thomas came to the Bills. So many years of pent up frustration.....

Yet, it's all come back.....again, and again.....

billz83
10-11-2010, 12:19 AM

i dunno how u figure that..say we get a QB we still need an entire OLINE(this OLINE is TERRIBLE therez MAYBE 2 decent guys on a good day there) and dont forget about the TE, WRz.. u say 2 or 3 really good defensive players??! we need 2 DEz, DT, 4 LBz thas 7 by my count...we are definitely more then just 3 guys away from respectability..ur given way too much credit to this garbage a** roster and this coach and GM..

Jan Reimers
10-11-2010, 04:32 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I think a statement like this overlooks the big picture problem...one that you are aware of but just choose to ignore for some reason.

You are a super fan, who obviously puts a lot of personal stock into this team. That's why I can't figure out why you wouldn't be more angry than your average fan. That's what I never get. I don't think it's simply a matter of being pessimistic or optimistic at this point. You should lead the charge here.
Twenty years ago, or even five, I would have been the most pissed off guy on here. As I have said, I may be the world's worst loser.

But I'm older, have not walked without a walker in 2 years (just had two hip surgeries and should actually be walking and driving again in a month or so), and have had some other issues as well. The Bills now rank a little lower on my list of concerns.

Historian
10-11-2010, 05:47 AM
I think it's comical.

Those of you young guys who grew up watching the SB teams now have a pretty good understanding of what us old-timers went through for most of the 70s and ealy 80s.

Wilson is a terrible owner, who lets his accountant help in personnel decisions.

That's a bad mix. Chan and Buddy may very well be good football minds, but we will never know how good with the Skipper steering the boat.

The only time this team has succeeded in its 51 years, is when it had a strong GM/Coach stand up to Wilson and his bean counters:

Saban 62-66
Saban 73-75
Knox 79-82
Polian 87-93
Butler 94-99

Two of them he had the audacity to fire....two of them simply got fed up with the bull**** and walked away to greener pastures.

Welcome to Buffalo Bills football.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2010, 08:53 AM
i dunno how u figure that..say we get a QB we still need an entire OLINE(this OLINE is TERRIBLE therez MAYBE 2 decent guys on a good day there) and dont forget about the TE, WRz.. u say 2 or 3 really good defensive players??! we need 2 DEz, DT, 4 LBz thas 7 by my count...we are definitely more then just 3 guys away from respectability..ur given way too much credit to this garbage a** roster and this coach and GM..
When things are going this badly, we all tend to think we need virtually a whole new team. But if you look at our performances post-Edwards, the offense has looked pretty good at times. Our young WRs seem to be developing, and Evans and Parrish - when we get them the ball - have played well. The RBs are good, and we'll be better at TE when Nelson gets back. I think Levitre, Wood and Bell are improving, and Hangartner is serviceable.

So what we really need on O is a first class QB and a better RT, not a whole slew of O-linemen, WRs, etc. A big time QB will make this offense mesh.

We don't need a whole new D, either. With a run stuffing NT, a pass rushing OLB, and a stud DE, the rest of the D would fit around them and be much better.

My point is, we are terrible right now, but we don't have to replace everybody. A relatively few good players at key positions would get us better quickly.

billz83
10-11-2010, 03:18 PM
When things are going this badly, we all tend to think we need virtually a whole new team. But if you look at our performances post-Edwards, the offense has looked pretty good at times. Our young WRs seem to be developing, and Evans and Parrish - when we get them the ball - have played well. The RBs are good, and we'll be better at TE when Nelson gets back. I think Levitre, Wood and Bell are improving, and Hangartner is serviceable.

So what we really need on O is a first class QB and a better RT, not a whole slew of O-linemen, WRs, etc. A big time QB will make this offense mesh.

We don't need a whole new D, either. With a run stuffing NT, a pass rushing OLB, and a stud DE, the rest of the D would fit around them and be much better.

My point is, we are terrible right now, but we don't have to replace everybody. A relatively few good players at key positions would get us better quickly.

I wish we could just replace ralph wilson..the greatest sabotager in professional SPORTS history..there is NO OTHER OWNER in ANY SPORT that sabotages his team more then this worthless SOB..words cant even explain the level of hatred for the cheapest man on earth.

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I wish we could just replace ralph wilson..the greatest sabotager in professional SPORTS history..there is NO OTHER OWNER in ANY SPORT that sabotages his team more then this worthless SOB..words cant even explain the level of hatred for the cheapest man on earth.

Last season's New Jersey Nets were pretty bad.

billz83
10-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Last season's New Jersey Nets were pretty bad.

yaa they were horrible and we are the football version of them..neither ownership is doing everything they can to win..

Spiderweb
10-12-2010, 12:59 AM
agree with u completely this team is a DISASTER! Wilson is the worst owner in NFL history to ALLOW this to happen for over a decade..and now we have passed the lions as the worst team in the NFL..everyone expects all the other teams that are winless to win before us..what does that tell u! this was onna the only games we had a chance to win and we BLEW it..0-16 here we come..hopefully wilson sells this team by next year and whoever buys them CLEANS HOUSE get all these GARBAGE A** SCRUBS OUTTA HERE..let them go join the UFL..they are NOT NFL MATERIAL..no faith in nix or gailey after extendin kelsay just a buncha C*** SUCKIN yes men for old man wilson.

Jeez....worst owner in the history of the NFL? Make you point without such ridiculous embellishment. ......

G Wolly
10-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Jeez....worst owner in the history of the NFL? Make you point without such ridiculous embellishment. ......

I vote Robert Irsay for worst NFL owner ever

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Do you remember the second half of the 90s until now?

the end of the 90's was not that bad. from 2002 on this team has been the equivalent to a pile of poo.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2010, 05:05 PM
It does look bad.

i do. the 1-13 team was no picnic either.