X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wmoz11
    • Sep 2008

Bills didn't shop Lynch enough

Per Jay Glazer of FOX, multiple teams said that they would have been interested in Lynch -- and would have given up more than the Seahawks gave up for Lynch -- if the Bills had called. But they didn't call.
    Last week, before the Bills traded running back Marshawn Lynch, we suggested that they should hold an auction for his services and then trade him to the highest bidder.

Uh, why?
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills didn't shop Lynch enough

Shouldn't it been the other teams job to call?

How are the Bills suppose to know that xxx team is interested in Lynch?

Comment

• Bufftp
      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

that's a bs report. If they weren't willing to pick up the phone they weren't interested.
      Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
      to be led by permanent ideals -
      that is what keeps a man patient
      when the world ignores him,
      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Yeah, why weren't they calling if they had interest? It was the worst kept secret in the NFL that the Bills were trying to move Lynch, I don't care what the FO said in the past.

Comment

• wmoz11
          • Sep 2008

I know who needs a running back in the NFL. I would hope the Bills know, too. I just don't understand trading one of the only assets of value without making every team aware. What was the rush?

Comment

• Mad Max
            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            Shouldn't it been the other teams job to call?

How are the Bills suppose to know that xxx team is interested in Lynch?
            There's a basic tool used in sales. It's called "prospecting". When you're selling something and you don't have people walking through your doors to buy whatever it is you're selling, you pick up the damn phone. It costs you nothing and can land you a sale..or a better draft pick.

I believe this story FULLY.
            Last edited by Mad Max; 10-10-2010, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Glazer and Florio seem to have a hard on against the Bills. Trust me, the last thing I want to do is defend the Bills. They are an inept joke and deserve ridicule. Still, I don't believe that report. If a team wanted Lynch they would have called.

Comment

• Buddo
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by wmoz11
                I know who needs a running back in the NFL. I would hope the Bills know, too. I just don't understand trading one of the only assets of value without making every team aware. What was the rush?
                They got an acceptable offer?
                Green Bay were pretty strongly rumoured to be interested as well, but it's also been said they wouldn't offer as much as Seattle did.
                As to other teams, they have 'phones too. Teams the Bills call, are going to think they can get Lynch for peanuts. Supposedly the Eagles got called, but who knows.
                At the end of the day, all these 'other teams' had an obvious opportunity, that they didn't make a move on.
                They want to ***** and moan about it now, seems like they are trying to cover up their own mistake in not picking up the 'phone.

Comment

• wmoz11
                  • Sep 2008

How can an offer be acceptable if you don't know what else is out there? If a team would have given up a 3rd, a 4th isn't an acceptable offer. There's only 31 other teams. Call them all to make sure you have the best offer. Plus, you can play the offer from Seattle against other teams.
                  Last edited by wmoz11; 10-10-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                    • Aug 2008

Yet I get bashed when I suggested this.
                    Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Buddo
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by wmoz11
                      How can an offer be acceptable if you don't know what else is out there? If a team would have given up a 3rd, a 4th isn't an acceptable offer. There's only 31 other teams. Call them all to make sure you have the best offer. Plus, you can play the offer from Seattle against other teams.
                      There's also only so many other teams who could be possibly interested. At least two of those, the Pack and Eagles, either weren't that interested, or weren't prepared to match what Seattle were offering.
                      All those 'other teams' are either trying to make mischief, or are simply covering up their own inadequacies in not picking up the 'phone. It's no great surprise that they don't wish to be 'named'.

Comment

• Buddo
                        • Mar 2007

In addition, as someone else pointed out, it had been let known at least a week before the trade was done, that the Bills were prepared to 'listen' if teams came calling.

Comment

• poreef
                          • Sep 2007

NFL trades are always a joke. Randy Moss for a 3rd rounder.

RANDY MOSS FOR A 3RD ROUNDER!

It's because the contracts are so heavily in favor of the owners. Most contracts are not guaranteed, which doesn't make them much of a contract in how we typically understand the term.

When a player is being shopped the other team knows that there is no financial cost to just dumping a guy. So they don't have to make much of an offer. The guy might be on the streets next week. See Trent Edwards.

Or, in a few months, look at Willis McGahee and how back-ended his contract is. There's no way Baltimore will bother paying $6mil next year.

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
                          Last edited by poreef; 10-10-2010, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                            • Sep 2003

The Packers, Chargers, Patriots, Rams, Broncos, Eagles, and Seahawks were all rumoured to be interested in Lynch. Is 7 teams "contacting nobody???"

PTR
                            10 Commandments of the D
                            1. Never stop Rocking.
                            2. Legalize all drugs.
                            3. Quit your day job.
                            4. All Religion should be taxed.
                            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                            6. F**k her gently.
                            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by madmaxwell
                              There's a basic tool used in sales. It's called "prospecting". When you're selling something and you don't have people walking through your doors to buy whatever it is you're selling, you pick up the damn phone. It costs you nothing and can land you a sale..or a better draft pick.

I believe this story FULLY.
                              It could well be true. Why for example would Nix call the Pats*? Much better to ship him to Seattle than face him twice a year on the Pats*

Comment

Working...
                              X