PDA

View Full Version : who WOULD want to coach this team?

Crisis
10-10-2010, 03:37 PM
seriously...when we go 0-16 and gailey gets canned....we're probably going to hire another bum just like him.

this franchise is so depressing. there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

Novacane
10-10-2010, 03:39 PM
I don't know who could fix this mess.

Novacane
10-10-2010, 03:39 PM
I don't know who could fix this mess.

......but I'm positive Gailey can't!

kingJofNYC
10-10-2010, 03:40 PM
No big name coach will come here. They want stability and competent roster, we have neither.

Mr. Pink
10-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Chuck Dickerson!

RoscoeMagic
10-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Gimmie a million dollars for 1 season, I'll coach these clowns.

G Wolly
10-10-2010, 03:43 PM
I'll do it

Mad Max
10-10-2010, 03:45 PM
seriously...when we go 0-16 and gailey gets canned....we're probably going to hire another bum just like him.

A lot of talented, hungry, young co-ordinators would jump at the chance. The only problem is Ralph and Co. have no clue when it comes to talent evaluation and they'd take the wrong guy.

Mr. Pink
10-10-2010, 03:45 PM
I want to be GM. I'll do it for league minimum whatever that is. I'll do better than these clowns.

Draftboy will be my head college scout.

I will hire a coach that gameplans for never punting. Ever. I will not even carry a punter on my roster.

tampabay25690
10-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Chan has been handed a mess..
We need to give him some time thats all we can do....
Its obvious we are the worst team in the NFL ao now we can pick WHOEVER we want in April...

Mr. Pink
10-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Its obvious we are the worst team in the NFL ao now we can pick WHOEVER we want in April...

Chan was handed a competitive, albeit talent deficient roster, team and in one offseason turned it into one of the worst teams in NFL history.

SquishDaFish
10-10-2010, 03:51 PM
None of this is Chans fault. We have been a terrible team for a while and have been setup for failure with our scouting and FA crap signings. NOONE could do anything with what we have.

G Wolly
10-10-2010, 03:53 PM

None of this is Chans fault. We have been a terrible team for a while and have been setup for failure with our scouting and FA crap signings. NOONE could do anything with what we have.

It's nice to see other people around here who don't have their heads up their ass and realize how things work.

TrEd FTW
10-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Even if he goes 0-16, Gailey will not be fired.

Ingtar33
10-10-2010, 05:34 PM

Last year i said the fanbase would be up in arms if i was hired (not that i felt i was ready to coach this team) but right now i know i'm a better coach then the joke gailey is.

you'd still be pissed if i was hired but i'd love this job... and i know i could do better then this.

Even if he goes 0-16, Gailey will not be fired.

you have to fire a coach (and probably the gm) who goes 0-16

Crisis
10-10-2010, 09:04 PM
lol...i love the people defending chan.

you'll all be the same people screaming for him to be fired in a year or two....and when we hire a new coach it'll be "ok, we were a 2 win team with chan...so we're good for atleast 9 with [insert crappy coach here] <insert crappy="" new="" coach="" here="">!"</insert>

Ginger Vitis
10-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Last year i said the fanbase would be up in arms if i was hired (not that i felt i was ready to coach this team) but right now i know i'm a better coach then the joke gailey is.

you'd still be pissed if i was hired but i'd love this job... and i know i could do better then this.

Ingtar why would Bills fans be pissed if you were hired to coach the Bills?

TrEd FTW
10-10-2010, 09:14 PM

I can't see it happening. Wilson will just say it was an evaluation year and that neither Nix nor Gailey had a real chance.

psubills62
10-10-2010, 09:14 PM
I don't think there's many ways to defend Chan Gailey at this point.

Despite that, there's also no defending Jauron. Yes, he was "competitive" with this team, much more so than Gailey has been. You know why? Because he played not to lose. This team was going NOWHERE with Jauron. Gailey is actually attempting to implement schemes that can make a team into a contender.

Jauron never did that. His entire offensive and defensive philosophy was to play not to lose, and it showed every week, when he lost to better teams and barely beat lesser teams.

That's the reason I'm willing to continue to give Gailey and Nix a chance. Because they at least seem to want to try to make the team better. They, and everyone else, knows that the Tampa 2 is not a winning defense unless you have Warren Sapp and an AMAZING front 7 (which Jauron somehow neglected to even try to upgrade).

It amazes me that people can't see this. Jauron was "competitive" because he was perfectly content treading water and never even tried to put this team in a position to improve. Is Gailey/Nix currently an improvement? No. Are they an improvement in building the roster? Honestly, even with most of the rookies not contributing, I'd still have to say yes. The fact that they didn't draft 9 DB's this past year alone is worth something. Jauron was an awful coach, period.

I'm not happy with Gailey, but the number of people defending Jauron, like he was worth anything, is ridiculous. Gailey may be worse, but Jauron should never have been hired from the beginning.

topher180
10-10-2010, 10:11 PM
It's nice to see other people around here who don't have their heads up their ass and realize how things work.

Just plain wrong. Chan cannot take the majority of the blame. That would be asinine. But he is the head coach of this football team, so to act like he doesn't bear any of the responsibility is equally as ludicrous. Unlike you, I don't claim to act like I know how everything "works", but I do know that there is a lot of blame to go around, and no one currently associate with the roster or staff can be absolved.

tampabay25690
10-10-2010, 10:14 PM
lol...i love the people defending chan.

you'll all be the same people screaming for him to be fired in a year or two....and when we hire a new coach it'll be "ok, we were a 2 win team with chan...so we're good for atleast 9 with [insert crappy coach here] <insert crappy="" new="" coach="" here="">!"</insert>

Agree if we dont get this turned around in a few years YES he should be fired.

We will probably get our QB in this upcoming draft.
We get some guys that can actually tackle, fix the OL...
What else???????

Mike13
10-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Have a Fire sale and start over.
Much like our 1-15 season this has been a long time coming for you guys and previous regimes have to plug one leak without adressing the multitude of others and now pirahanas are in the boat and biting you in the ass.

Ingtar33
10-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Ingtar why would Bills fans be pissed if you were hired to coach the Bills?

I'll give you a thumbnail...

"he's never won anything... he's not even a d1-a coach... he's never coached in the nfl..."

I'll tell you right now that had i been drafting for the bills the last 10 years we'd have a better football team then we do now... not that that is saying much, but my god do they have a horrible eye for talent.

you might be able to draft kiper's guide and do better then the bills front office (and you know what i think about kiper).

I love the lack of situational awareness Gailey has... we had that 4th and 1 on our 40 down 7 to the jags and instead of going for it we punted. of course the jags drove the field and scored a feildgoal...

then we had a 4th and 10 from our 30, later in the game and they sneak Moorman. I mean are you kidding me? 4th and 1, is a time to punt, while 4th and is a time to go for it with an unprovable punt fake?

Gailey isn't even smart with his risk taking. There is gambling and there is calculated risk taking. One is just random irrational and emotion driven, the other is playing the odds. Gailey seems addicted to irrational and ill timed gambling... its the only thing to explain some of his irrational aggressiveness. At the same time he seems to play 100% conservative when he SHOULD be taking risks.

That 4th and 1, anyone with a brain could tell the bills defense wasn't going to stop the jags... other then turnovers we hadn't stopped them all game. We're down in the game. you haven't won yet this year. go for it... for gods sakes... if you can't run 1 yard you've no business suiting up. Punting it was the same as running up the white flag in my mind.

then when the game was basically over he runs that low probability fake. I'm all for sneaking Moorman on a 4th and 1 or 3... but on 10? that's an insane call. You'd have a far more likely chance to gain it just dropping back with fitz and throwing it. you don't have to be Bill Parcels to know how to coach a football team and take good chances. unfortunately Gailey doesn't seem to even think about it.

TacklingDummy
10-10-2010, 10:58 PM
who WOULD want to coach this team?.
Easy answer, any mediocre coach who couldn't get a job any where else.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 06:44 AM

Bob Stoops or Rick Neuheisel.:rockout:

Jeff1220
10-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Parcells could turn it around. He's done it everywhere he goes. He'd get all his people in here, see that it's heading in the right direction, then leave...and let those people he brought in take responsibility the rest of the way.

Ickybaluky
10-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Parcells could turn it around. He's done it everywhere he goes. He'd get all his people in here, see that it's heading in the right direction, then leave...and let those people he brought in take responsibility the rest of the way.

He will be available soon as well, although it would be in a football operations role like he had in Miami, bringing in his own GM and coach. He might as well complete his division tour.

Parcells wouldn't take it without complete authority, though. I don't know that Wilson can do that at this point, given he has been so shy to do it in the past.

Jeff1220
10-11-2010, 10:59 AM
He will be available soon as well, although it would be in a football operations role like he had in Miami, bringing in his own GM and coach. He might as well complete his division tour.

Parcells wouldn't take it without complete authority, though. I don't know that Wilson can do that at this point, given he has been so shy to do it in the past.

Yeah NE, that's what I'm talking about...as a GM/Pres or even a "consultant" who has final say on football matters. Idk, if Ralph gets desperate enough, he might be willing to give total control. He did it with TD, and soured on giving someone that sort of control because of it. Hopefully he's seen enough of this and would be willing to do it again.

DraftBoy
10-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Id take Ingtar as our head coach and Ill happily take FTY's offer as director of college scouting.

DraftBoy
10-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Other coaches other than Ing, Id look at;
Sean McDermott-Philly DC
Jim Harbaugh-Stanford HC
Kevin Sumlin-Houston HC
Kyle Whittingham-Utah HC

And one sleeper who Id be very tempted to bring in as an immediate OC because he's going to be a very good HC one day is ECU OC Lincoln Riley, who at 26 is already the OC at a DI-A program and a very good OC at that.

Mr. Pink
10-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Id take Ingtar as our head coach and Ill happily take FTY's offer as director of college scouting.

I know the three of us would do better than what we've seen the past 5 years.