PDA

View Full Version : No One Should Be Safe In Our D Front 7

Night Train
10-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Yet to hear the local radio today, Kyle Williams, Kelsay and a couple others are good guys who aren't to blame.

We are now routinely giving up 200 yards rushing, 30 + points and providing zero pressure on the opposing QB. None of these guys can get off their blocks and make a play... but it's really just a couple guys..

Got it.

Denial won't cure the problems. How could the backups, inexperience & all... POSSIBLY do worse ?

This Bye week should be BYE to many of these stiffs in the starting lineup.

Oaf
10-10-2010, 04:09 PM
These were the same guys that were respectable in a different scheme, with a different coach. :idunno:

YardRat
10-10-2010, 04:48 PM
We have THE worst LBers in the league, and the POS is leading the team in suck.

Mr. Pink
10-10-2010, 04:50 PM
The only players who should be safe on this roster are....

Garrison Sanborn and Brian Moorman.

Maybe Spiller because we just drafted him but to be honest, I don't care if Reggie Bush 2.0 is on this team because he makes zero difference.

Ingtar33
10-10-2010, 05:31 PM
from what i've seen the only guy doing a solid job on the front 7 is Williams... after that those guys should all be ashamed of themselves (no williams isn't amazing... but he's the only guy doing what he's expected to do)

bflojohn
10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
These guys are square pegs for round holes essentially. Kyle Williams IS the best player, but he is overmatched for NT, and it shows!! Stroud isn't stout at the point of attack, and a LDE in a 3-4 scheme HAS TO hold up his end of the deal. Dwan Edwards is adequate, at best, so they need a complete makeover on the front three. I agree on the LB's, because this is a LB defense PERIOD! The Bills must find two studs at OLB in this defense, and they certainly NOT on the current roster.
In the offseason, trade Kyle Williams to a bonified 4-3 outfit so he can go back to his natural position. Draft a 5-technique LDE, ala Kansas City's choice of Tyson Jackson, and play him until he gets it!! Troup needs a rotational partner, in my opinion, so that is a priority too.

ZacGriffi~82
10-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Poz is spectacularly bad.

Dr. Lecter
10-10-2010, 08:08 PM
from what i've seen the only guy doing a solid job on the front 7 is Williams... after that those guys should all be ashamed of themselves (no williams isn't amazing... but he's the only guy doing what he's expected to do)

Troupe made a few plays as well.

They did not run all that much 3-4 today. There was a good hunk of time that Williams and Troupe were on the field together.

Anyhow, this is what I based my statement last week on - Whitner is one of the top two Bills defensive players and yet he gets the 2nd most heat.

FWIW - Kelsay continues to be record setting bad. He is unbelievably horrible.

Novacane
10-10-2010, 08:32 PM

Which gives me a ton of hope the GM that extended him can turn this team around :rolleyes:

Spiderweb
10-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Troupe made a few plays as well.

They did not run all that much 3-4 today. There was a good hunk of time that Williams and Troupe were on the field together.

Anyhow, this is what I based my statement last week on - Whitner is one of the top two Bills defensive players and yet he gets the 2nd most heat.

Too soon to make a call on Troup, but he had a number of plays today where he got blasted 4 yards backwards. Clearly needs to do some strength training to complement some serious work on technique. He does need to play however to learn in hopes (Dear God, please...) he will improve.