• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Akhippo
    • Nov 2002

Could it be possible?

We get the second pick behind Carolina.

They get both Cowher and Luck and we are again grasping at leftovers. Thats like salt and vinegar in a wound.

And if we do go 0-16 are we going to pulll a dolphins and can Gailey?
    Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics
  • mrbojanglezs
    • Jan 2010

Re: Could it be possible?

you think they will draft a qb with taking clausen last year?

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Akhippo
      We get the second pick behind Carolina.

They get both Cowher and Luck and we are again grasping at leftovers. Thats like salt and vinegar in a wound.

And if we do go 0-16 are we going to pulll a dolphins and can Gailey?
      We need more help on defense than we do offense. I'd still be very excited if we got Clayborn.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

I would think the Panthers would end up with the easier schedule than us so if they somehow tied us for worst record in the league they'd hold the number 1 pick.

Chan should absolutely be fired if the team goes 0-16, someone needs to be accountable.

Comment

• Slim
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs
          If they fire Fox than i wouldn't be surprised at all if they drafted a new QB. Clausen has looked terrible so far.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs

have you seen clausen?

they absolutely would take a qb.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• topher180
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Slim
              We need more help on defense than we do offense. I'd still be very excited if we got Clayborn.
              Overall, yes. Still need a QB first and foremost though.

in·ept
              Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Maybe they'd be doing us a favor...kinda like KC taking Blackledge.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                  Will not tolerate vandalism.
                  • Apr 2006

Possible? Yes. Remember 2001-02? This was almost an identical situation. Bills "won" the draft bowl over the Panthers that year, which led to the Panthers going 1-15 and the Bills 3-13. Losing that game, Buffalo jumps to 2nd in the draft. (First, unfortunately, went to the Houston Texans, by virtue of them simply being an expansion team that year.)

Carolina got Julius Peppers.

Buffalo got Mike Williams.

Comment

• historypete
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                    Maybe they'd be doing us a favor...kinda like KC taking Blackledge.
                    Or with our luck, they'd get the Manningesque player while we'd be stuck with Ryan Leaf Jr. God help us.

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                      Possible? Yes. Remember 2001-02? This was almost an identical situation. Bills "won" the draft bowl over the Panthers that year, which led to the Panthers going 1-15 and the Bills 3-13. Losing that game, Buffalo jumps to 2nd in the draft. (First, unfortunately, went to the Houston Texans, by virtue of them simply being an expansion team that year.)

Carolina got Julius Peppers.

Buffalo got Mike Williams.
                      The thing is though there is always more than one stud player to be found in every draft. Your team just has to be able to recognize the real talent.

For example when the dopey FO took Michelin Mike, BRYANT MCKINNIE was still on the board. But they didn't like the mean look and demeanor the guy had (because you certainly don't want any nasty Offensive Linemen on your team), so they passed.

I'm sure there were plenty of others in that draft that turned out to be great.

So don't worry about 1-3 (where we'll be drafting), worry if the current FO will be able to find the talent that will surely be there.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        I would think the Panthers would end up with the easier schedule than us so if they somehow tied us for worst record in the league they'd hold the number 1 pick.

Chan should absolutely be fired if the team goes 0-16, someone needs to be accountable.
                        so wouldn't the team with the harder schedule get the first pick? i think so.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                          so wouldn't the team with the harder schedule get the first pick? i think so.
                          No.

If the Panthers lose to easier teams the same amount of times the Bills lose to harder teams, the Panthers are the worse team and more deserving of the first pick. Or at least, that's what the NFL thinks.
                          Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            Will not tolerate vandalism.
                            • Apr 2006

For example when the dopey FO took Michelin Mike, BRYANT MCKINNIE was still on the board. But they didn't like the mean look and demeanor the guy had (because you certainly don't want any nasty Offensive Linemen on your team), so they passed.
                            Oh, I remember... and I advocated for McKinnie as well. I remember the knock was that Bryant was fairly new to the game, and that Mike Williams was a better run-blocker (and because his QB was left handed, his natural position of RT was somehow the same as an LT-- which is almost never true). Hence, they picked up Big Mike. A decent RT and, in some situations, NT, but he never panned out to be the franchise LT. Why? He couldn't protect against the pass.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

As a season ticket holder of the Panthers I can say the Panthers has just as many many holes as Buffalo and is awful offensively and defensively. I think they are worse than Buffalo. I agree if a new regime comes in they have no loyalty to Claussen, Moore or Tony Pike and could go QB. I think the true test will be in the two weeks after the Panthers bye. They play the 49ers and Rams. If they lose those two they could finish worse than Buffalo.
                              Buffalo needs a player like Luck. They need a face of the franchise.

Comment

Working...
                              X