X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • topher180
    • Sep 2008

Hey, Look Who's Covering Downfield?

Watching Sunday Night Football, and freaking Takeo Spikes just broke up a play, in pass coverage, down the middle of the field. Relax, I'm not trying to start some ridiculous **** about old Bills players succeeding elsewhere, what we should and should not have done with former players, etc.

It just makes me think more about Chris Kelsay. What are we really asking him to do? It's not like he needs to cover Andre Johnson or Ochocinco, in man coverage, on the outside every week. Is it too much to ask that he at least not look foolish out there in coverage? I know that teams try to create coverage mismatches on purpose, but c'mon. Could he be any worse? How many times do we have to watch him get burned, or fall down, or whatever?

Same ****, different shovel, I know. But why us? Why have a guy like that, only to extend him? If he was caught in transition between schemes, and I could take solice in him being gone next year....OK, I can deal with that. But to extend him? I just, I dunno.

It's a mircocosm of a bigger problem, I know. But when you add them all up, the prospect of every being good again seems insurmountable.

in·ept
    Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

• trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Hey, Look Who's Covering Downfield?

i saw that. i thought similarly that poz is a young guy and can't cover a TE, and spikes is in his 30's post achilles injury and he hangs with a te...amazing.

Comment

• billz83
      • Mar 2010

mannnn i miss the defenses we had with spikes and pat williams and london fletcher and the rest of them they are WAYYYYY better then any of the garbage players and draft busts we have here right now..and what a suprise we cant stop the run..who woulda thought hahahaha

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Yeah, he's really went on to do well in San Fran.... If you haven't noticed they are 0-5 just like us. I feel sorry for Takeo
        Last edited by Buffalogic; 10-11-2010, 04:24 AM.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

[QUOTE=topher180]

It just makes me think more about Chris Kelsay. What are we really asking him to do? It's not like he needs to cover Andre Johnson or Ochocinco, in man coverage, on the outside every week. [B] Is it too much to ask that he at least not look foolish out there in coverage?. [QUOTE]

Yes
          Last edited by Novacane; 10-11-2010, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• topher180
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
            Yeah, he's really went on to do well in San Fran.... If you haven't noticed they are 0-5 just like us. I feel sorry for Takeo
            Shocker. Here's to not reading an entire post buddy.

in·ept
            Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

Working...
            X