PDA

View Full Version : George Edwards is terrible

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2010, 11:59 PM
This guy blows. He is in way over his head. Before all you smart football minded guys say, wait h-nut he is implementing a new 3-4 defense. **** that bull****. i was at the game today and the defense was in 4-3 set about 90% of the time. this dude sucks and is the reason the bills are 0-5. i know we have very mediocre talent but having a coach that doesn't know his left hand from his right doesn't help. i don't have any ideas of how to fix this but i just wanted express my opinion on this schmuck and see what others think about him as well.

RoscoeMagic
10-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Meanwhile, Perry's House of D just shut down the Texans...

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2010, 12:14 AM
everyone is our section stopped standing up on third downs because we knew there was no chance of the defense ever stopping anything. i watched so many of the same plays work over and over and over again. you would think if i can see it happening.......can't the ****ing coaches? what the hell are they getting paid for?

RoscoeMagic
10-11-2010, 12:19 AM
everyone is our section stopped standing up on third downs because we knew there was no chance of the defense ever stopping anything. i watched so many of the same plays work over and over and over again. you would think if i can see it happening.......can't the ****ing coaches? what the hell are they getting paid for?
I get paid to do my job, but I don't do **** unless the boss is lookin. Maybe this is George Edwards' philosophy. I mean, no one can pick the man out of a crowd even if he had a nametag that said, "Hi my name is George Edwards and I blow," right? No one's lookin at him.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2010, 03:46 PM
really? no one cares to add their feelings?

Dr. Lecter
10-11-2010, 04:08 PM
The Bills have no player on the roster that is capable of playing in the front 7 on a 3-4 defense. (Troup and Carrington might in the future) with the possible exception of Kyle Williams as an average NFL NT.

Edwards might not be good, but talent is a much bigger problem on this defense. There is none, save the DBs

EDS
10-11-2010, 04:22 PM
The Bills have no player on the roster that is capable of playing in the front 7 on a 3-4 defense. (Troup and Carrington might in the future) with the possible exception of Kyle Williams as an average NFL NT.

Edwards might not be good, but talent is a much bigger problem on this defense. There is none, save the DBs

Didn't Dwan Edwards start for Baltimore? Davis for Denver? Etc.

I think the issue is that the Bills brain trust hired a college linebacker coach to be an NFL defensive coordinator.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Didn't Dwan Edwards start for Baltimore? Davis for Denver? Etc.

I think the issue is that the Bills brain trust hired a college linebacker coach to be an NFL defensive coordinator.

indeed, he should be demoted in the off-season for a real d-cordinator who has experience running the 3-4. if anyone will even come here that is. maybe that's why george edwards is here?

YardRat
10-11-2010, 06:44 PM

Although I agree with you for the most part, the guy hasn't shown one iota of being capable of designing any kind of scheme that can emphasize the advantages a 34 defense gives you.

He runs three four, rushes the down linemen, drops the LBers into coverage, and lets the back seven get burned. If he wants to rush four, he basically does it out of 43 set, or 425 nickle.

No blitzing against the rush. No creative use of LBers rushing the passer. No disguised zones.

The defense this year is as predictable as the offense was last year, and Edwards thus far hasn't shown the capability to put the offense into any kind of guessing game.

Two weeks in a row we've heard comments from players along the lines of 'we knew what they were going to do, they did it, we just couldn't stop it' and that speaks as much to the level of coaching this defense is getting as it does to the level of talent.

psubills62
10-11-2010, 07:42 PM
really? no one cares to add their feelings?

Not sure what else there is to add. I'm as much an "optimist" as anyone at this point, but George Edwards sucks and I doubt there is much of anyone who can defend him at this point.

I don't understand the argument that he doesn't have any talent on defense. Isn't that the exact situation when you need to get creative and start blitzing from different positions to try and make up for the lack of talent? If he's not going to blitz, disguise coverages, or mix things up now, why should I trust him to when/if he has talent on defense?

Mr. Pink
10-11-2010, 07:48 PM

Rob Ryan lacks "talent" on D in Cleveland.

He still can coach and design schemes and blitzes.

jamze132
10-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Well there is no talent on our D and our coordinator sucks balls. Not exactly a recipe for success there...

OpIv37
10-12-2010, 09:27 AM

I know it takes time to develop DT's, but Troup played a lot on Sunday and was ****ing brutal.

He got zero push and was blocked out of the play nearly every time. He was pretty good at chasing guys down and tackling them as they were trying to make a cut to get around another defender after a 5+ yard gain though.