PDA

View Full Version : QB: Terrelle Pryor

MJones83
10-11-2010, 12:52 AM
With all the talk about Luck, Locker, Mallett, and even Ponder, Terrelle Pryor is another Qb I'd like to hear about(I havent seen a thread on him yet). He is a Jr. this year(I think. He has been in collage 3 years at least) and a second year starter who seems to have looked good from freshmen year, but has made significant improvement this year. I don't watch too much collage football so my observations of him are mostly from what I see on TV reviews and what's on paper(otherwise internet). I know he was one of if not the most sought after qbs out of high school. He is also a cold weather qb playing high school football in PA. and collage at Ohio state. From his stats I see on the internet his accuracy has dramatically improved from last year going from 56.6% passing to 68.0%(so far) and is on pace to throw for almost if not over 3000 yards and around 30 td this year. On top of that he looks like he may have another 1000 yrds rushing this year too. He only has 3 ints this year I think so his awareness has improved dramatically as well. He is 6'6'' and 233lb so he has plenty of size and runs in the 4.40s according to www.nfldraftscout.com (http://www.nfldraftscout.com). I don’t know if he will come out or even if he can come out this year, again I don't know much about collage football or the draft rules about coming out, but he is an interesting prospect(and in the Heisman race) to me. I would like to hear your thoughts on him. From those of you who have seen him play, whats his accuracy like (the passes he misses, are they really off?), field awareness(does he still seem lost out there sometimes?), arm strength(would he be able to air it out in a 10-25mph((or more)) buffalo wind?).

DraftBoy
10-11-2010, 07:33 AM
He's on the same developmental path of Jake Locker. Has inconsistencies, and really struggles to read complex D's. He's getting better but he should stay in school another year.

Buffalo Thriller
10-11-2010, 04:21 PM
I like his run threat, I love a QB that can run. He has problems with accuracy. I think he will be a good QB after another year in school. I would rather have the other guys stated.

Bmax
10-11-2010, 04:25 PM
He's on the same developmental path of Jake Locker. Has inconsistencies, and really struggles to read complex D's. He's getting better but he should stay in school another year.

I agree .. Great leader at Ohio St ...He is really starting to mature...Ran a 4.32 this summer at Ohio St...

Bmax

k-oneputt
10-12-2010, 10:41 AM
He will make a good wr in the NFL.

Hogwasher
10-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Pryor has progressed more than any quarterback I have ever seen. He was playing at an unorganized football level, not even high school, when he came to Ohio State. They have done a remarkable job with him. It shows that he can learn from coaching.

I dont think he is brilliant at reading defense or particularly natural. he will be very raw even when he gets to the NFL. But his athleticism is astounding; a once in an era talent at his position.

SaviorEdwards
10-31-2010, 11:46 PM
I go to ohio state and he'll never be an nfl qb (unless he continues to make enormous strides), but I'm enjoying him as a buckeye. And if he comes out this year he has surronded himself with some really really bad people.

tampabay25690
11-01-2010, 06:50 AM

DB but Pryor doesnt have the arm strength Locker has....

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 08:34 AM

Comparing those two throwing the ball ? There is no comparison.
Pryor has all day to throw and his receivers are usually wide open and his throws are still wobbling all over. He's a great athlete though.
Put Locker on OSU and see what he would do.

DraftBoy
11-01-2010, 09:25 AM

Pryor has plenty of arm strength, he may not have as much as Locker but he's not very far behind.

DraftBoy
11-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Comparing those two throwing the ball ? There is no comparison.
Pryor has all day to throw and his receivers are usually wide open and his throws are still wobbling all over. He's a great athlete though.
Put Locker on OSU and see what he would do.

He'd do the same as he does as Washington.

People who claim that Washington has no talent don't know what they are talking about.

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 09:38 AM

People who claim that Washington has no talent don't know what they are talking about.

He has a rb, Polk.
His wr's are below avg., and his o-line is horrible.

Now how do you compare that to Ohio st. ?

X-Era
11-01-2010, 11:44 AM

People who claim that Washington has no talent don't know what they are talking about.Kearse is a decent WR actually.

DraftBoy
11-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Kearse is a decent WR actually.

Better than decent, he's 6'2, 198, put up over 1,000 yards this season. He runs in the mid to high 4.4's and has first round talent. His issue is that he will sometimes drop easy balls (like Julio Jones).

So my question to people who say Washington has no talent around Locker, is that what the hell then are a 1,000 yard rusher and a 1,000 receiver?

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 01:10 PM
He has to throw to somebody.

you got it right, decent wr.

DraftBoy
11-01-2010, 02:45 PM
He has to throw to somebody.

you got it right, decent wr.

A decent WR who could be a potential All-American with a better QB.

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 02:50 PM
"potential"
There are 100's of guys with potential.

Whatever, I get it, you don't like Locker.

DraftBoy
11-01-2010, 02:52 PM
"potential"
There are 100's of guys with potential.

Whatever, I get it, you don't like Locker.

Actually I like Locker a lot, but I also refuse to ignore his issues or make up excuses for the kid that don't exist.

I think Locker has the most potential of any QB in this class.

SaviorEdwards
11-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Locker sucks!!!!! LOL Future Ryan Leaf.

tampabay25690
11-02-2010, 06:13 AM

I guess I have no clue then.
They are not loaded like the Big Schools.
Yes they have a few guys on offense but not as much talent as Ohio ST and Pryor has?
Locker doesnt have 10 seconds to throw like Pryor does......

tampabay25690
11-02-2010, 06:15 AM
Better than decent, he's 6'2, 198, put up over 1,000 yards this season. He runs in the mid to high 4.4's and has first round talent. His issue is that he will sometimes drop easy balls (like Julio Jones).

So my question to people who say Washington has no talent around Locker, is that what the hell then are a 1,000 yard rusher and a 1,000 receiver?

You are right he has a very good RB in Polk and a good WR.
It's just his line and other postions that they lack.
To be honest I thought WASH would be much better this year but I guess I was wrong again....

k-oneputt
11-13-2010, 05:02 PM
He will make a good wr in the NFL.

Wr. Any questions ?

Mr. Pink
11-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Pryor will never be an NFL caliber QB.

Ingtar33
11-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Pryor will never be an NFL caliber QB.

I agree

X-Era
11-14-2010, 08:20 AM
P?ryor is your classic throw to the primary gvuy or run it. Add newton, johnson, taylor, and kaepernick as well

DraftBoy
11-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Pryor has already said he is staying in school for next year, which is the correct decision for him to make.

k-oneputt
11-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Pryor has already said he is staying in school for next year, which is the correct decision for him to make.

The correct decision for him to make is to get a jump on the position he will be playing and switch to wr.
He has a long way to go if he thinks he can play qb in the NFL, and he's playing on a good team with a lot of talent around him.

DraftBoy
11-16-2010, 10:31 AM
The correct decision for him to make is to get a jump on the position he will be playing and switch to wr.
He has a long way to go if he thinks he can play qb in the NFL, and he's playing on a good team with a lot of talent around him.

He's the best QB option they have at the moment. Their top backup is a kid very similar to him who doesnt have the experience. Switching position now would be pointless and ruin Ohio State's 2011 season.

k-oneputt
11-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Bad for OSU, good for Pryor.

DraftBoy
11-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Bad for OSU, good for Pryor.

Not really, they dont run a full myraid of NFL style routes. He could get just as much experience catching balls in an offseason.

k-oneputt
11-16-2010, 10:53 AM
I really don't care what Pryor does. He obviously will be playing qb as long as he is at OSU.