PDA

View Full Version : Fewell should have stayed

Buffalogic
10-11-2010, 03:49 AM
With Fewell gone the Bills D is at an all time low while the giants defense is thriving.

We would be a lot more competitive if Fewell stayed either as a head coach or D coordinator while hiring Gailey to help fix the offense. Gailey-Fewell beats the hell out of Gailey-Edwards.

The switch to 3-4 is going to be a painful one, if they don't decide to quit on it all together.

RoscoeMagic
10-11-2010, 09:47 AM
I've said this for a while.

You'll get the standard..."3-4 transition takes time" BS

It's BS because Fewell's takeaway parade started day 1 when he was here and it's continuing day 1 when he went to the Giants.

Not to mention the fact that we play a 4-3 on the majority of the plays. Players respected Fewell too. It wouldn't surprise me if Edwards does quit on the 3-4...not a good way to gain respect.

cookie G
10-11-2010, 10:30 AM
I'd imagine Fewell is pretty happy where he is.

But I think what is funny is that Fewell was looked at as vanilla by some and we switched to a 3-4 so we could confuse offenses with blitz packages.

We've blitzed about 3 times all year.

Maybe THAT'S how they intended to confuse offenses.

"I thought they were going to blitz. Damn, that was confusing!"

DraftBoy
10-11-2010, 10:44 AM
It has been a completely mismanaged cluster****.

mikemac2001
10-11-2010, 11:04 AM
fewell also has an excellent Dline

we have no dline.

i think fewell is a good coach starting to think edwards is a bad one (who doesnt blitz with a 3-4)

Extremebillsfan247
10-11-2010, 12:05 PM
With Fewell gone the Bills D is at an all time low while the giants defense is thriving.

We would be a lot more competitive if Fewell stayed either as a head coach or D coordinator while hiring Gailey to help fix the offense. Gailey-Fewell beats the hell out of Gailey-Edwards.

The switch to 3-4 is going to be a painful one, if they don't decide to quit on it all together. I think your right, things might be a little different here if we could have managed to retain Fewell. I didn't like the switch to a 3/4 from the beginning and thought it was a bad idea. Our defense was the reason we were even in games last year. Now that is gone. It just lends to example of the saying " If it's not broke, don't fix it". Our problems are and always have been on offense for the past 10 years. It's going to be a long painful year of football. JMO

justasportsfan
10-11-2010, 12:07 PM
we needed an offensive minded head coach.

Nighthawk
10-11-2010, 12:15 PM
I cannot for the life of me figure out why this dumbass of a DC (Edwards) doesn't blitz? We don't have the players to cover, but you'll not send extra pressure and therefore, making our crappy covering LBs have to cover longer??? Edwards is a buffoon...

Extremebillsfan247
10-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I cannot for the life of me figure out why this dumbass of a DC (Edwards) doesn't blitz? We don't have the players to cover, but you'll not send extra pressure and therefore, making our crappy covering LBs have to cover longer??? Edwards is a buffoon...
Well, one would think if Gailey was serious about evaluation in efforts to improve this team, that his coaching staff wasn't above that process. My theory is that you are only as good as the people you surround yourself with. I know time is needed to improve, but with the defense being as bad as it is, he has to start searching for answers to correct that. Ever since we cut Trent Edwards, the bigger scope of the problems on this team seems to be on the defense. JMO

Mr. Pink
10-11-2010, 12:30 PM
we needed an offensive minded head coach.

But we needed an offensive minded head coach that has a recent track record of success.

justasportsfan
10-11-2010, 12:32 PM
But we needed an offensive minded head coach that has a recent track record of success.

thats not my point. My point is that bills fans were so tired of defensive minded coaches that if we kept Fewell, bills fans still would have been more pissed off than the hiring of Gailey.

NC-BILLS44
10-11-2010, 02:03 PM
They have good CBs, but they can only cover receivers for so long. The DL and LBs need to get some pressure on the QB. Everyone knows that a QB under pressure will make bad decisions and that will lead to turnovers. Get some f'in pressure on the QB!!!!!

PromoTheRobot
10-11-2010, 04:09 PM
No one wanted Fewell because he was part of the Jauron regime. No one was impressed that he won 4 games because he was part of the Jauron regime. So now every one wishes we kept him?? Check your memories from 10 months ago.

PTR

Philagape
10-11-2010, 04:14 PM

The fact that you had to specify which dumbass DC you meant speaks volumes about this franchise

Nighthawk
10-11-2010, 05:01 PM
The fact that you had to specify which dumbass DC you meant speaks volumes about this franchise

Ha, ha...so true.

imbondz
10-11-2010, 05:16 PM
No one wanted Fewell because he was part of the Jauron regime. No one was impressed that he won 4 games because he was part of the Jauron regime. So now every one wishes we kept him?? Check your memories from 10 months ago.

PTR

exactly.

RoscoeMagic
10-11-2010, 06:29 PM

PTR

Checking memory....yep still wanted him. His D for 3 years wasn't the problem with the 7-9 teams. It was the offense. Hence the revolving door at OC and not DC.

YardRat
10-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Fewell was gone as soon as he was given the interim tag.

He wasn't getting the HC full-time, and he wouldn't have stuck around without it.

RoscoeMagic
10-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Fewell was gone as soon as he was given the interim tag.

He wasn't getting the HC full-time, and he wouldn't have stuck around without it.
He settled for a DC spot in NY. We didn't even realistically pursue him. Can't know unless you try right?