PDA

View Full Version : Big Poz Fan

Northern Stampede
10-11-2010, 02:38 PM
So about a week ago I posted on here, asking for info on where I could seek out autographs pics etc, from the Bills. You guys were very helpful, and I must say, thank you to all you guys. I have been alongtime lurker on here, and read alot of the threads posted here and totally enjoy this forum, you guys rock! Anyways having said that. I took your advice and headed to the Bills team hotel on sat nite before the game. I was visiting from Ontario with my 13 year old son. I grew up watching the Bills, and I don't know if you guys know this, but we get alot of Buffalo coverage here where I live, about an hour south of T.O. We get WGRZ and WKBW and WIBV etc etc.. and growing up I watched alot of it, don't ask me why but I did. I think because of the Bills. I'm 34 and grew up with the team during the hey day of the superbowls. I played minor football here in Canada, and attended the Jim Kelly football camp, the summer between they're second and third SB appearances. I love the Bills. Now I have a 13 yr old son, who I have (unintentionally lol..) instilled the love for the Bills lol. He plays football here in Canada, and plays MLB and like millions of other kids dreams big! He wears #51 and his Fav player is Poz. So on your advice we went to try and hopefully meet someone and put a smile on my son's face. We walked into the team hotel's lobby, and it was completely empty except for what looked like a team official and a hotel security guard. We were in the lobby no more than 30 sec, and a man walked out of the restaurant and upon getting closer my son and I both realized that it was Poz.. He took the time to talk to my son for a brief moment... Shake his hand twice.. And if not for a jerk of a security guard, would have gave a photo moment to my son that he would have, also to remember.. We turned around and left after one of my son's dreams had just come tue. I must say that Poz is the epitome (sp?) of how a person in his position should conduct themselves with they're fans. If not for that meatball security guard, my son's night would have been iced, as Poz seemed more than willing to do that for his fan. Having said all that, my son walked out of that hotel one inspired little boy, and I hope this memory carry's him on through things in life. Be pretty cool if I could somehow get ahold of Poz and tell him this... Anyways, nonetheless a memory both of us will hold for a long time. Cheers, and thanks BZ guys who helped make my sons weekend one he'll never forget!!

TacklingDummy
10-11-2010, 02:41 PM
If I made millions I be more than happy to sign autographs, take pictures with fans, shake hands, etc...for free.

clumping platelets
10-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Write him a letter and send it to the Bills. I'm sure he would get it

Northern Stampede
10-11-2010, 02:48 PM
You think so? I always thought that was BS... Never thought they ever actually got or read they're fan mail.. Just someone in the office doing it for them... You actually think he'd get it?

T-Long
10-11-2010, 02:52 PM
My friend trains Poz in the summertime, so if you don't have any luck getting something to him, let me know.

Northern Stampede
10-11-2010, 03:01 PM
WOW T-Long!!! That is AWESOME!!! My son would absolutey S**T haha, for lack of a better word.. Thanks very much man. I'm going to tell him to write a letter to the Bills CC: him, but if it would be alright, if we never heard anything that I could contact you. My son would love it, and Im sure Poz would remember, he was the only one in the lobby except that meathead security guard haha, and we were the crazy stalking father son duo from ontario... And it was totally wild, because, he loves Poz, and thats truly the only guy he would have completely wanted to meet, and talk to whatever... And HE came walking out!! Like I said before, it made my sons wkend, and he is one INSPIRED little boy... I hope he never forgets it. Thats where HE wants to be...

trapezeus
10-11-2010, 03:03 PM
with the state of the bills, i'm sure the front office would make sure the nice letters filter through. these guys are only hearing negative stuff in bulk. a couple letters from kids probably takes the sting off of what looks to be a very long season.

Northern Stampede
10-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Wel I'm telling you it made my son'd wkend, and like I said inspired him. I can't say enough about how much that 5 min meeting meant to him, if it was even that, but my kid is gonna remember that for the rest of his life, how Poz treated him when he met him, and how much he desires to be in the position that Poz is in now. Class act, and if it wasnt for that meathead security guard, my guy would have a pic to look at and remember. But thats cool too... Poz rocked... Def hope I can get the msg from my son to him...

Ingtar33
10-11-2010, 03:19 PM
You think so? I always thought that was BS... Never thought they ever actually got or read they're fan mail.. Just someone in the office doing it for them... You actually think he'd get it?

I know for a fact he'll get it. in fact contact the Bills pr department and tell them this story. they might even get Poz to hear your thanks in person; or come to your son's school to talk about staying in school or something like that.

The NFL does a lot out community outreach, and actively encourages the players to be good will ambassadors to the fans.

Now that's not to say he'll do either of those things.. i'm jus saying that that is stuff that they will do from time to time depending on schedules and the like.

JD
10-11-2010, 03:46 PM
I've never sent anything to the Bills. But I sent a card to HSBC arena for Rob Ray when I was younger, saying I was his #1 fan. It was one of those card makers they had at Tops. It took 4 months but he sent the card back with a personal note and signed the actual card.

I didn't even expect anything back so that was awesome.

Northern Stampede
10-11-2010, 04:12 PM
I know for a fact he'll get it. in fact contact the Bills pr department and tell them this story. they might even get Poz to hear your thanks in person; or come to your son's school to talk about staying in school or something like that.

The NFL does a lot out community outreach, and actively encourages the players to be good will ambassadors to the fans.

Now that's not to say he'll do either of those things.. i'm jus saying that that is stuff that they will do from time to time depending on schedules and the like.

Thanks Ingtar, I will.. That would absolutely blow my son's mind. How would I contact they're PR dept.?? Really, the only thing that my son and I would like is that Poz gets the msg, and that's all, so if he gets it through fan mail thats great but to be able to get it to him would be ultra cool.

Michael82
10-11-2010, 04:26 PM
When I took a tour of the locker room during the draft party, I noticed that several players had envelopes that were from a fan (looked like a kid's handwriting) on their stools at their lockers. I also remember sending a card to Eric Moulds and getting it back autographed when I was younger.

YardRat
10-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks for sharing the story.

Northern Stampede
10-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Well, sent an email to guest services at the Bills...My son's writing his letter :) I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.. A million thanks, once again!!

jamze132
10-13-2010, 04:19 AM
I got a letter back from Cal Ripken Jr. (or his rep) saying that for legal reasons he couldn't give me an autograph on a card I sent him. Bastard kept the card too!

TMu11
10-13-2010, 05:00 AM
I've yet to meet a Bill that has been even remotely well behaved or nice. That is with the exception of JP Losman. Figures

Northern Stampede
10-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Got an email back from guest services!!! Pretty cool, they said that our email had been forwarded to Poz!! Hope it's true and he gets it!!

cocamide
10-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Got an email back from guest services!!! Pretty cool, they said that our email had been forwarded to Poz!! Hope it's true and he gets it!!

Awesome. E-mail makes things so much quicker. I remember writing plenty of letters to Bills players as a kid in the early 90's, but I never got anything back. Hopefully they at least reached the guys.