PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Wilson Finally Speaks

mrbojanglezs
10-11-2010, 03:28 PM
http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_BILLS_WILSON?SITE=CTNHR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2010-10-11-16-18-17

http://www.journal-news.com/hamilton-sports/bills-owner-assesses-winless-team-woes-its-bad-974309.html

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson tells
The Associated Press it might take as long as three years to
rebuild his team, and calls drafting a quarterback next year the
club's top priority.
Except to say, "It's bad," Wilson is lost for words in
describing the Bills, who at 0-5 are off to their worst start in 25
years. He spoke Monday as Buffalo enters its bye week.
Wilson's says fans will need patience to endure a rebuilding
process that's bound to be painful. Wilson says general manager
Buddy Nix will spend the next two weeks on the road scouting the
top crop of college quarterback prospects.
Wilson also accepts full blame for the woeful Bills, who already
are in jeopardy of missing the playoffs for an 11th straight year.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

clumping platelets
10-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I no longer care what Ralph says

THRILLHO
10-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Instead of accepting the blame, how about doing something to change it.

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Wilson's says fans will need patience to endure a rebuilding
process that's bound to be painful.

That's what I'm sayin

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Find the next Jim Kelly & better days lie ahead.

Oaf
10-11-2010, 03:35 PM
You accept the blame for the last 11 years?

Phew, thanks. I forgive you.

mrbojanglezs
10-11-2010, 03:37 PM

andrew luck, wears the same number as well

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 03:40 PM
andrew luck, wears the same number as well

Well he wouldn't anymore if he came here.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2010, 03:48 PM
At least we know he's still on the right side of the grass (I think).

Yasgur's Farm
10-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Buddy Nix is gonna have to somehow persuade Luck to enter the draft. I'm sure his hands are tied as to promises, etc... But I'd be glad to deliver a very unofficial begging.

MikeInRoch
10-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Is this like a death bed repentance?

Jaybird
10-11-2010, 04:01 PM
We need luck To enter the draft!!

Let's get Kelly And co ready to go see the kid after the NCAAF season. He has all the tools to be a top NFL QB.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-11-2010, 04:08 PM
honestly luck seems like the best and if we have the top pick we should take him... but lets just say we have the 3rd pick and we end up with mallet or locker, i would still be happy, i think all three top qbs luck, mallett and locker will be good, not great but good qbs, like matt ryan... whats more important is after we take a qb, we must gets some serious front seven studs, i mean that whole unit needs to be evaluated... 2-7 should all be front 7 picks

TacklingDummy
10-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Mallett, luck will be a bust, book it.

IAG
10-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Sell the team.

Buffalo Thriller
10-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Wow, at least he is apologizing

bigbub2352
10-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Nix will be scouting the next 2 weeks for QB prospects? so what have your scouts been scouting then? considering you cut you starting QB this year?

Michael82
10-11-2010, 04:29 PM
It's basically what a bunch of people have been saying. This is a full blown rebuilding. After the season, I have no doubt that about 1/3 to a half of the team won't be here anymore. I am also glad to see that drafting a QB is the key. I really want Ryan Mallett. But I would like Andrew Luck or even Jake Locker too. :up:

SeatownBillsFan21
10-11-2010, 04:40 PM
How much longer is our current lease good for???

DMBcrew36
10-11-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm glad he came out and spoke. He said about all anyone could expect from him... maybe.

He still signed off on the Kelsay extension, so what the ****.

I've pretty much lost all hope, as far as management/ownership creating a quality product (a winner).

Forward_Lateral
10-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Wow, he didn't ***** about revenue sharing or the state of the NFL market.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm glad he came out and spoke. He said about all anyone could expect from him... maybe.

He still signed off on the Kelsay extension, so what the ****.
I'm just glad he can still speak.

mikemac2001
10-11-2010, 04:49 PM
joke at the end was funny

but this is whats happening and people need to realize it.

our only chance to have a decent year was trent clicking (which we knew wouldnt happen) or brohm saving the year. fitz is fitz

now for our future QB idk which one to pick because any of them could be a bust. just gotta hope we get the right one

topher180
10-11-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm too jaded to be excited, but at least he said something, I guess.

As for which QB, I'll take any of those 3 guys. Why? Well I'm not a scout. I've seen each play only a few times, and the one everyone is all over lately, Luck, I've seen the least. But does this really need to be over thought? Attempting to get a franchise QB is at least a step in the right direction, and if most agree those 3 are the best 3 that could be available, let's get it done. It's better than what we have now.

Also, be careful with this idea of picking all D with the rest of our picks. Majority? Sure. But since when are you guys really content with our O-Line? It's like we draft 2 guards and everyone craps themselves. How about a Tackle while we're at it, draft or FA!

more cowbell
10-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Ryan Mallett = Ryan Leaf

Michael82
10-11-2010, 05:01 PM
fine...I'll then say this....

Andrew Luck = Trent Edwards

kingJofNYC
10-11-2010, 05:12 PM
One thing I hate is the emphasis on QB. It's obvious we need one, but we shouldn't draft one for the sake of it. Don't want another Alex Smith situation, even though Rodgers was also available (at the time everyone, for whatever reason, had Smith as far and away the better QB prospect).

Kind of worries me that Ralph may meddle and force a QB no matter what his capabilities are.

topher180
10-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Ryan Mallett = Ryan Leaf

And you base this on???

imbondz
10-11-2010, 05:20 PM
And you base this on???

watching Mallet play in a pressure filled game.

Buffalo Thriller
10-11-2010, 05:24 PM

Your an idiot. Same school, same position. Yet Luck is an undisputed top 5 pick. Edwards was a 3rd round prospect. 50% Success or 50% Fail. We all know how that worked out. Luck,Mallet,or Gabbert and ill be happy.

DrGraves
10-11-2010, 05:28 PM
this is not good news. ralph is going to stick his nose in the drafting process and we'll reach for some 2nd round talent QB with the #1 pick

Extremebillsfan247
10-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I don't like playing the if game, but if we end up with the top pick, and if Luck comes out, he is our next QB. It's almost a guarantee if those 2 ifs happen. JMO

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 05:35 PM
The foolish Nix will probably end up drafting us another gadget RB in the 1st next season.

Tbuffalobills
10-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Sell the team to someone who cares!

PUCKER
10-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Wilson also accepts full blame for the woeful Bills, who already
are in jeopardy of missing the playoffs for an 11th straight year.

JEOPARDY??? REALLY???

NowTHIS sounds better:
Wilson also accepts full blame for the woeful Bills, who will miss the playoffs for an 11th straight year.

PUCKER
10-11-2010, 05:47 PM
The foolish Nix will probably end up drafting us another gadget RB in the 1st next season.

Then Ralph needs to fire his ass. Enough with the RBs no matter who the GM is.

Michael82
10-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Your an idiot. Same school, same position. Yet Luck is an undisputed top 5 pick. Edwards was a 3rd round prospect. 50% Success or 50% Fail. We all know how that worked out. Luck,Mallet,or Gabbert and ill be happy.
First of all dumbass, that's a personal attack.

And second of all, I was basically just showing more cowbell how dumb his post sounded. You can't compare either of the quarterbacks yet. It's too early. Like you, I would love any of the big three. I like Mallett more, but would be happy with Luck or Locker also.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2010, 05:55 PM
It's basically what a bunch of people have been saying. This is a full blown rebuilding. After the season, I have no doubt that about 1/3 to a half of the team won't be here anymore. I am also glad to see that drafting a QB is the key. I really want Ryan Mallett. But I would like Andrew Luck or even Jake Locker too. :up:

1 Mallet
2 Wait until following year and Matt Barkley
3 Ricky Stanzi

I want no part of bad Luck.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Ryan Mallett = Ryan Leaf
Or if he does work out, Ryan Mallett = Jim Kelly

Bangarang
10-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Mallett has thrown more 300 yard games this season than Luck has thrown his entire collegiate career. But Leaf averaged 330 yards a game his junior season or something like that. So..........

Cleve
10-11-2010, 07:03 PM
this is not good news. ralph is going to stick his nose in the drafting process and we'll reach for some 2nd round talent QB with the #1 pick
A great observation - I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this. The BEST announcement from Wilson from a fans' perspective at this point would be Wilson announcing that he's too old to be involved in the team's day to day operations, or talent selection, etc.

11 seasons ago when Wilson fired John Butler and took over as Manager, he was TERRIBLE. In his early 80s he was already too old for the job. Now in his 90s he's even worse. A blindfolded monkey tossing darts at a board would be better at selecting personnel, both on-field and front office, for this team than Ralph Wilson Jr. EVERY year he continues to involve himself in the operations of the team means that a decent Buffalo Bills team is still ONE year further into the future.

Night Train
10-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Ralph has to understand that after several years, it becomes empty lip service.

I'm sure he finally will order a top QB selected at the top of the Draft because his season tix base will fall through the floor otherwise. There is no other way to possibly market this team anymore.

hydro
10-11-2010, 08:00 PM
I think everyone is missing the most important part of the comments. He said it will take 3 years! That means the Bills will be here for 3 more years at least right!!?!!!?! right????

trapezeus
10-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Instead of accepting the blame, how about doing something to change it.
Did you see "what about bob". Baby steps. Baby steps to accepting blame, baby steps to rebuilding the team, baby steps to move to toronto.

Give him credit, i don't recall him accepting blame this directly ever. but i'm only 32.

djjimkelly
10-11-2010, 08:08 PM

and before people kill nix they should give him his shot at the next jim kelly maybe hes tanking the bills to make sure they got him.

i wonder if chargers when they drafted #1 did they tank the season just like now people dont get this might be a planned tanking

Billz_fan
10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
If anyone ever tanks a team on purpose they should be fired then shot. That is a totally screwed up way of doing things. Tank on purpose ?? Im sure if it ever became public the league would be more pissed than I. Thank you to all who bought tickets etc but we are losing on purpose right now. I cannot even imagine anyone wanting to do this.

bob86
10-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Reading that story reminded me of something my Dad told me 30 years ago: "Never forget it's Ralph Wilson's football team, Buffalo just pays the Bills."

ServoBillieves
10-11-2010, 09:55 PM
This is all a precursor to the team being sold/moved.

It's lessening the blow.

It's a conspiracy... I know it...

... Ok that's my conspiracy theory, you come up with a better one.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2010, 10:20 PM
and before people kill nix they should give him his shot at the next jim kelly maybe hes tanking the bills to make sure they got him.

i wonder if chargers when they drafted #1 did they tank the season just like now people dont get this might be a planned tanking
i've discussed this many times with my friends. i really hope that's what's going on and the bills are truly not this bad.

billz83
10-12-2010, 12:30 AM

could this be the dirt kelsay has on the organization to force them to resign him?!?!

G Wolly
10-12-2010, 12:40 AM
could this be the dirt kelsay has on the organization to force them to resign him?!?!

Kelsay is blackmailing the team?

Right.

billz83
10-12-2010, 12:57 AM
Kelsay is blackmailing the team?

Right.

we all know they resigned him because they are a buncha incompetent clowns that have no clue on how to run a NFL team..kelsay is too stupid to blackmail sumone.

G Wolly
10-12-2010, 01:01 AM
..kelsay is too stupid to blackmail sumone.

Well I'm pretty sure that's what you implied...

TMu11
10-12-2010, 05:27 AM
If anyone ever tanks a team on purpose they should be fired then shot. That is a totally screwed up way of doing things. Tank on purpose ?? Im sure if it ever became public the league would be more pissed than I. Thank you to all who bought tickets etc but we are losing on purpose right now. I cannot even imagine anyone wanting to do this.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. There is absolutely NO chance that any professional player will willingly tank a game (or season) in order to bring in some hotshot 22 year old kid who will make millions more than him. I don't care what the coaching staff or front office tells them, they WILL NOT do it.

Jeff1220
10-12-2010, 08:04 AM
I've said this before and I'll say it again. There is absolutely NO chance that any professional player will willingly tank a game (or season) in order to bring in some hotshot 22 year old kid who will make millions more than him. I don't care what the coaching staff or front office tells them, they WILL NOT do it.

I don't think that's what is being said. I think he's saying they are purposely/knowingly not fielding the most talented/competitive team their resources would allow, thus tanking from the FO, not the players.

mightysimi
10-12-2010, 09:08 AM
I don't think that's what is being said. I think he's saying they are purposely/knowingly not fielding the most talented/competitive team their resources would allow, thus tanking from the FO, not the players.

What personnel changes exist that would field a more talented group? Now realistically speaking not just short term gain. Wilson in for Whitner? Maybe. Who else? To stick with a rebuilding plan, they are not going to trade any picks. Plus "You play to win the Game!!! Hello!!" I'm surprised it took this long for Herm Edwards to come out with all the tanking talk.

imbondz
10-12-2010, 09:11 AM
none of that makes sense regarding tanking the football team on purpose. A successful Bills team will do a million times more for keeping the Bills in Buffalo than anything else will.

TMu11
10-12-2010, 09:36 AM

There aren't any competitive or talented players on this team that aren't being played. Most of our starters suck. The guys behind them are god-awful.

DynaPaul
10-12-2010, 11:20 AM
He did say he won't be around to see the results of this rebuilding so that's one positive.

better days
10-12-2010, 12:40 PM
none of that makes sense regarding tanking the football team on purpose. A successful Bills team will do a million times more for keeping the Bills in Buffalo than anything else will.

That is why tanking is a very feasible idea. In order to greatly improve, it is necessary to get a franchise QB. A 7-9 or even 6-10 record will not get that pick.

I think the front office may have had the idea to get a great pick from the start. They can not say so publicly because that would be a pr nightmare.

7-9 leads to further 7-9 seasons EX: The Buffalo Bills.

Bill Cody
10-12-2010, 12:52 PM
At least we know he's still on the right side of the grass (I think).

Which side is the right side?

Mski
10-12-2010, 12:52 PM

no more like Luck = Losman

better days
10-12-2010, 12:56 PM
we all know they resigned him because they are a buncha incompetent clowns that have no clue on how to run a NFL team..kelsay is too stupid to blackmail sumone.

Too funny, for sumone to call sumone else stupid.

Jeff1220
10-12-2010, 01:13 PM
There aren't any competitive or talented players on this team that aren't being played. Most of our starters suck. The guys behind them are god-awful.

That's the point. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the conspiracy, but the idea is that, with no CBA this year, they could go in with cheap sucky players and make a top pick very likely - and maybe w/a rookie cap that makes the number 1 more affordable for RW.

Jan Reimers
10-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Which side is the right side?
Depends on your point of view. Ralph might think differently than some Bills' fans.

billsburgh
10-12-2010, 03:10 PM
"Insert Bills 2011 1st round pick here"will be a bust, book it.
fixed it

SABURZFAN
10-12-2010, 04:55 PM
I no longer care what Ralph says

same here. he's been ripping off the people of Buffalo for 50 years.

Ed
10-12-2010, 05:47 PM
I don't think a GM would ever intentionally try to tank a season since it's still your reputation on the line and it in no way guarantees future success. However, I believe that Nix was smart enough to recognize that at this point, with having a new coach and new schemes, this team is better off in the long term being re-built with younger players then trying to make desperate "win now" type moves. I'm sure he also knew that would mean taking our lumps this season, but was prepared for it because it would allow him to continue building through the draft and getting the guys he wants. He may not be too concerned with winning games at this point, but he would still love to see guys like Maybin or Whitner develop into great players. Having a bunch of sucky players only adds to the list of needs and makes his job harder.

Syderick
10-12-2010, 08:46 PM
3 years is too long, considering many teams have turned around within 1 or 2 and have kept consistent.

Mad Max
10-15-2010, 11:07 AM
I just found it online, I hadn't seen it here...if it is here mod please delete.

http://topnews360.tmcnet.com/topics/associated-press/articles/108882-bills-owner-assesses-winless-team-woes-its-bad.htm

You know what, just as with players, I don't hate him...just his "game". He means well, and I hope for his own sake, he'll be able to build a winner while he's still here.