PDA

View Full Version : Start Brohm & Levi Brown the Rest of the Season *****

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Hey, why not? We all know we'll more than likely be drafting a QB in the first round come April. Might as well see what we have in Brohm & Brown to see if either could be reliable backup in the future. We already know what we have in Ftz: a nice guy/ below average career backup.:bringit:

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Why do you put asterisks after your thread titles?

justasportsfan
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I'd wait, now that the team is high on Fitz.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I'd wait, now that the team is high on Fitz.

Fitz is a waste of time. He's no starter.:peace:

justasportsfan
10-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Fitz is a waste of time. He's no starter.:peace:

so? You yank him, you piss off the rest of the players that think they can still win with Fitz.

I was all for starting Brohm then, but now that he's playing well ,let him and the rest (offense) enjoy the moment until he stinks it up.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 03:45 PM
so? You yank him, you piss off the rest of the players that think they can still win with Fitz.

I was all for starting Brohm then, but now that he's playing well ,let him and the rest (offense) enjoy the moment until he stinks it up.
They can't win with Fitz who is currently 0-2 & counting.:roflmao:

hydro
10-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Let them at least try with Fitz in there until it is mathematically impossible for them to be in the playoffs. At that point the players have no reason to complain that we are trying something different.

Beebe's Kid
10-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Nice, guys...real nice....he gets on a roll, and you guys start being reasonable!!

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Let them at least try with Fitz in there until it is mathematically impossible for them to be in the playoffs. At that point the players have no reason to complain that we are trying something different.
I hate to tell you this, but there ain't gonna be no playoffs this year.:roflmao:
I say start evaluating everyone starting right now. Get a head start on next season. This year is cooked.

hydro
10-11-2010, 03:57 PM
I hate to tell you this, but there ain't gonna be no playoffs this year.:roflmao:
I say start evaluating everyone starting right now. Get a head start on next season. This year is cooked.

Thanks doctor. Here I was saving up for some home playoff tickets...:cuss:

Jan Reimers
10-11-2010, 04:34 PM
For the sake of integrity, I think you have to play your best QB (Fitz) at least until you're mathmatically eliminated.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 05:26 PM

Yes. This is not a popularity contest. Its all about winning. Fitz aint getting it done and has no upside. He should be benched to let one of the kids give it a whirl.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 05:28 PM

I agree my man. Let's evaluate the kids. :peace:

TacklingDummy
10-11-2010, 06:02 PM
For the sake of integrity, I think you have to play your best QB (Fitz) at least until you're mathmatically eliminated.
I had the Bills eliminated from the playoff this year on Jan 4, 2010.

RoscoeMagic
10-11-2010, 06:43 PM
If we start Levi Brown, our WRs will not progress. Spare me.

Brohm? Well, it's hard to pull Fitz if he keeps playing like this. I presume we'll wait till he has a poor week to justify starting Brohm and give him a look--for what though may I ask? Fitz looks to be the answer as long-term backup QB...so does anyone really believe Brohm can be a future #1? I don't.

TigerJ
10-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Personally, I'd like to see what Brohm and Brown can do. I suspect that Gailey is going to start whoever he thinks gives him the best chance to win games now, sincethat is themost important aspect of his job, to win games. I agree with the assessment that Fitz is an NFL backup QB and cannot play to the level that a team needs if it is going to win games consistently. It may, however, be the opinion of Gailey that Fitz is still better at this point than either Brohm or Brown. If that is so, he's not going to switch until Brohm has improved sufficiently in practice.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Personally, I'd like to see what Brohm and Brown can do. I suspect that Gailey is going to start whoever he thinks gives him the best chance to win games now, sincethat is themost important aspect of his job, to win games. I agree with the assessment that Fitz is an NFL backup QB and cannot play to the level that a team needs if it is going to win games consistently. It may, however, be the opinion of Gailey that Fitz is still better at this point than either Brohm or Brown. If that is so, he's not going to switch until Brohm has improved sufficiently in practice.
We should make a trade for Rhett Bomar.:zonelunch

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 07:52 AM
I want to see Brohm play as much as anyone else but this it not the time. Fitz is playing well and putting points on the board while getting valuable experience to our young WRs.

It would not send a good message to the team to pull Fitz when he is producing and we are mathematically still in the race.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-12-2010, 08:01 AM
I want to see Brohm play as much as anyone else but this it not the time. Fitz is playing well and putting points on the board while getting valuable experience to our young WRs.

It would not send a good message to the team to pull Fitz when he is producing and we are mathematically still in the race.

Producing???????? He's 0-2.:question:

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Producing???????? He's 0-2.:question:
So you think he should play NT? or DE? or MLB?

ptd86
10-12-2010, 08:14 AM
I'm at a point where I want Fitz to play the rest of the year. The last thing I want is Brohm to play average or slightly above average and the Bills think he is the future and don't draft a QB

jamze132
10-12-2010, 08:39 AM
There would be more harm done to this team if Gailey just yanked Fitz right now for Brohm. Yeah, everyone knows we are already out of the playoff hunt but there is still a matter of pride for some of the players.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-12-2010, 09:03 AM
If we start Levi Brown, our WRs will not progress. Spare me.

Brohm? Well, it's hard to pull Fitz if he keeps playing like this. I presume we'll wait till he has a poor week to justify starting Brohm and give him a look--for what though may I ask? Fitz looks to be the answer as long-term backup QB...so does anyone really believe Brohm can be a future #1? I don't.

So your saying keep Fitz in there so we can win the beauty contest as the bestest backup QB??!! Fitz has no future in the NFL except as a journeyman who aimlessly rides the pine from team to team. Time to give the kids a shot. Too bad Nix stupidly ignored the QB position this offseason. Sigh.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-12-2010, 09:04 AM
We should make a trade for Rhett Bomar.:zonelunch

Now your talking....:tobykeith

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Now your talking....:tobykeith

Thanks big guy.:tip:

justasportsfan
10-12-2010, 09:15 AM
They can't win with Fitz who is currently 0-2 & counting.:roflmao:

I realize this. You are however thinking from a fans perspective. I too would like to see what Brohm/Brown has to offer. The players would more likely prefer Fitz right now. You're trying to get the team together , not cause any bickering. Unless the coaches think that the team would rather start Brohm, stick with Fitz for now until the coaches have a reason to go with Brohm wherein the team can agree to it.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-12-2010, 09:48 AM
I realize this. You are however thinking from a fans perspective. I too would like to see what Brohm/Brown has to offer. The players would more likely prefer Fitz right now. You're trying to get the team together , not cause any bickering. Unless the coaches think that the team would rather start Brohm, stick with Fitz for now until the coaches have a reason to go with Brohm wherein the team can agree to it.

Oh really? So the players would rather stick with Fitz, who has no upside, and lose as opposed to going a different direction? :bs: And you know the players think this how? Here's a secret for you, players want to win just as fans want them to win. The playing the guy because he is a "nice guy" garbage doesnt cut it.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Oh really? So the players would rather stick with Fitz, who has no upside, and lose as opposed to going a different direction? :bs: And you know the players think this how? Here's a secret for you, players want to win just as fans want them to win. The playing the guy because he is a "nice guy" garbage doesnt cut it.
It should all be about evaluating talent for the future. They already know what they have in Fitz.:duel:

trapezeus
10-12-2010, 10:30 AM
even on bad teams, you earn your roll. Fitz has earned the right to start. I am sure if brohm really was the best option to win, he would have been put in 2 weeks ago.

it has nothing to do with pride and everything to do with a society in which the better option is used. even for a failing football team.

Fitz is a good qb without the physical tools to be great. he will be a great mentor to a young qb. let him start this year and next. he could be invaluable when he hands the reigns over.

NorthCarBills
10-12-2010, 10:34 AM
even on bad teams, you earn your roll. Fitz has earned the right to start. I am sure if brohm really was the best option to win, he would have been put in 2 weeks ago.

it has nothing to do with pride and everything to do with a society in which the better option is used. even for a failing football team.

Fitz is a good qb without the physical tools to be great. he will be a great mentor to a young qb. let him start this year and next. he could be invaluable when he hands the reigns over.

Nice post. I'm the first to admit that during the pre-season I wanted to ditch Fitz, but he has stepped up and done well (relatively speaking). I would agree that if we did draft a QB it would be great to have someone like Fitz start and mentor the newbie for a year.

justasportsfan
10-12-2010, 10:35 AM

and you know that the team would win with Brohm over Fitz?Do you think the team thinks that too?

Look at the nos. Fitz is not the problem as to why they are losing.

mrbojanglezs
10-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Why do you put asterisks after your thread titles?

hahaha I bet this is the bowmanbody an old poster on bbmb who got banned because he had multiple accounts and would make stupid threads with asterisks after all of them lolol :monkeyp:

trapezeus
10-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Nice post. I'm the first to admit that during the pre-season I wanted to ditch Fitz, but he has stepped up and done well (relatively speaking). I would agree that if we did draft a QB it would be great to have someone like Fitz start and mentor the newbie for a year.

i thought fitz was out due to a numbers game with salary, but now i think, we know he's capable of keeping a decent team in a game. if we ever get to that point, he'll be a good backup.

but he really does understand the coverages and what to take. that should make him very helpful to a young qb. maybe if losman had that from bledsoe, or edwards had that from losman, we wouldn't be talking about how they were a bust.

i might be grasping at straws, but this is what i hope.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-12-2010, 10:52 AM
hahaha I bet this is the bowmanbody an old poster on bbmb who got banned because he had multiple accounts and would make stupid threads with asterisks after all of them lolol :monkeyp:

??? Say what?:bs:

feldspar
10-12-2010, 11:10 AM
People are giving Fitz too much credit. The Patriots and Jaguars have the 28th and 29th ranked passing defenses. They'd likely be ranked a little lower had they not played the Bills, but there isn't very much further down they can go. Against the Jets, he didn't even complete his first pass until about 9 minutes into the second quarter, and that was for one yard. The Bills are 0-3 with him this year. Last year, every single win Fitz had was engineered by at least 4 turnovers by the Bills defense. I like his spirit, but he really isn't that good. We have other problems to say the least, but Fitz plays his part in these losses, too. Wait and see what Baltimore does to him after the bye.

I'm all for playing Brohm after Baltimore kills us. It'll be interesting, even if he is bad. IMO, we have to evaluate his talent, and the only way to do it is in real games. He's only played in one real game without much preparation. Making the unknown known is a good thing. I don't care what happened to him in Green Bay. They cut Trent, in part, to have a better chance to develop Brohm. You can only develop so far sitting on the bench when it counts. I'm all for sticking any number of players in there to see what they can do.

feldspar
10-12-2010, 11:12 AM
??? Say what?:bs:

Bocephus/Waylon Jennings, no doubt. Should've gotten Bomar, right?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Bocephus/Waylon Jennings, no doubt. Should've gotten Bomar, right?
What are you talking about?:comedy:

THRILLHO
10-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Look at the nos. Fitz is not the problem as to why they are losing.

This should be the only post in this thread. It is easy to blame the QB, but for right now, he is not to blame.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-12-2010, 12:00 PM
People are giving Fitz too much credit. The Patriots and Jaguars have the 28th and 29th ranked passing defenses. They'd likely be ranked a little lower had they not played the Bills, but there isn't very much further down they can go. Against the Jets, he didn't even complete his first pass until about 9 minutes into the second quarter, and that was for one yard. The Bills are 0-3 with him this year. Last year, every single win Fitz had was engineered by at least 4 turnovers by the Bills defense. I like his spirit, but he really isn't that good. We have other problems to say the least, but Fitz plays his part in these losses, too. Wait and see what Baltimore does to him after the bye.

I'm all for playing Brohm after Baltimore kills us. It'll be interesting, even if he is bad. IMO, we have to evaluate his talent, and the only way to do it is in real games. He's only played in one real game without much preparation. Making the unknown known is a good thing. I don't care what happened to him in Green Bay. They cut Trent, in part, to have a better chance to develop Brohm. You can only develop so far sitting on the bench when it counts. I'm all for sticking any number of players in there to see what they can do.

Agreed. :surf: