PDA

View Full Version : "I'll figure out women before I figure out the Buffalo Bills."

imbondz
10-11-2010, 05:07 PM
if this was already posted, my bad, just delete or merge.

Best quote by a TV analyst: "I'll figure out women before I figure out the Buffalo Bills." -- Fox Sports' Jay Glazer after reporting that teams were willing to give the Bills more than the fourth- and sixth-round picks they received from Seattle in exchange for RB Marshawn Lynch.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/10/week-5-bests--worsts-cardinals-upset-of-saints-just-one-surprise-in-weekend-full-of-them/1?csp=obinsite

nice.

Buffalo Thriller
10-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Go figure.

more cowbell
10-11-2010, 05:10 PM
everything this franchise does is just incorrect...every single thing

Yasgur's Farm
10-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Honestly... Just because somebody reports something, does that mean it's the truth? I guess if it happens to fit one's agenda, it makes it awful easy to say it's Gospel.

But seriously... I'm amazed at just how inaccurate a reporter now days is allowed to be. There's essentially no accountability any more.

Buffalogic
10-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Oh come on there's pretty much zero chance you can convince me the bills didn't take the best possible offer for Lynch.

imbondz
10-11-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm not saying what he said is true, but that's the way the Bills are looked at. total mess

Yasgur's Farm
10-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Oh come on there's pretty much zero chance you can convince me the bills didn't take the best possible offer for Lynch.Unless, of course, the better offer came from, say, New England! :nono:

GWScherer
10-11-2010, 05:53 PM
That should be a bumper sticker.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2010, 05:59 PM
if this was already posted, my bad, just delete or merge.

Best quote by a TV analyst: "I'll figure out women before I figure out the Buffalo Bills." -- Fox Sports' Jay Glazer after reporting that teams were willing to give the Bills more than the fourth- and sixth-round picks they received from Seattle in exchange for RB Marshawn Lynch.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/10/week-5-bests--worsts-cardinals-upset-of-saints-just-one-surprise-in-weekend-full-of-them/1?csp=obinsite

nice.
Hey Jay, since you know that for a fact why don't you give us some examples? Otherwise you are just another blowhard.

Yasgur's Farm
10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm not saying what he said is true, but that's the way the Bills are looked at. total mess
I agree... A lot of the perception may be deserved. But also a lot is due to people like him making statements with nothing to back it up.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
A guy at work is like that... He develops an opinion about certain things concerning certain people, and then proceeds to speak it as though it's a fact... AND IT'S ALWAYS NEGATIVE!<o:p></o:p>
I told him today that this is irresponsible and detrimental to people's livelihood... He didn't seem to get it.<o:p></o:p>

RoscoeMagic
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Honestly... Just because somebody reports something, does that mean it's the truth? I guess if it happens to fit one's agenda, it makes it awful easy to say it's Gospel.

But seriously... I'm amazed at just how inaccurate a reporter now days is allowed to be. There's essentially no accountability any more.

People still standing up for this organization? :roflmao:

RoscoeMagic
10-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey Jay, since you know that for a fact why don't you give us some examples? Otherwise you are just another blowhard.
He's not making anything up. If anything his "sources" are making things up. But why would they? What the hell would be anyone's reason to lie and say team's were willing to give up more for Lynch? No reason, the sources wouldn't leak the information if it wasn't true.

Examples? His job isn't to please the fans. If he gives "examples" as you say, he risks his job and his inside sources and future endeavors. Get off your high horse, everyone who claims this report is false.

Yasgur's Farm
10-11-2010, 06:28 PM
People still standing up for this organization? :roflmao:Stop being a due ish... Read the above post. :loser:

RoscoeMagic
10-11-2010, 06:31 PM
I agree... A lot of the perception may be deserved. But also a lot is due to people like him making statements with nothing to back it up.<o:p></o:p>
A guy at work is like that... He develops an opinion about certain things concerning certain people, and then proceeds to speak it as though it's a fact... AND IT'S ALWAYS NEGATIVE!<o:p></o:p>
I told him today that this is irresponsible and detrimental to people's livelihood... He didn't seem to get it.<o:p></o:p>

What does he have to do to "back it up"?? He doesn't owe you fans who think you know everything anything. If he "backs it up" he puts his job and credibility with his sources on the line. Period.

Yasgur's Farm
10-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Really? Seriously... REALLY!!? I guess you shouldn't have to prove to your teacher that you deserve a passing grade either!

Unf'nbelievable... I've heard it all now!

RoscoeMagic
10-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Really? Seriously... REALLEY!!? I guess you shouldn't have to prove to your teacher that you deserve a passing grade either!

Do you have any idea how sports journalism works? I understand that in theory one could abuse the "system" and make things up at their own whim to push a personal agenda....I guess I just don't buy it. I am more likely to believe this organization in Buffalo is inept than a reporter is corrupt. I have proof. Dispute me.

DraftBoy
10-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Really? Seriously... REALLY!!? I guess you shouldn't have to prove to your teacher that you deserve a passing grade either!

Apples to Oranges type argument. Everybody knows that;

A) Jay Glazer is one of the best, if not the best NFL Insider out there
B) He gets told a lot more than he reports

I know people on this board; Coach Sal, Ing, Pat and a few others know more than they share because its not always your place to share information you've gotten. Asking a reporter to reveal his information with specifics is like asking for the source. If you dont want to believe him, then that's fine (despite he not being the only one saying this). Nobody is holding a gun to your head, but don't make false comparisons.

Yasgur's Farm
10-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Do you have any idea how sports journalism works? I understand that in theory one could abuse the "system" and make things up at their own whim to push a personal agenda....I guess I just don't buy it. I am more likely to believe this organization in Buffalo is inept than a reporter is corrupt. I have proof. Dispute me.
Maybe I don't... Maybe I've just been corrupted by the way it's been done the past 45 years.

Right is right no matter how you wanna argue it.

BTW... I heard a few things about you and your little brother. But I'm not willing to jeopordize my sources with proof.

Yasgur's Farm
10-11-2010, 06:47 PM
If that's the case... Sports is nothing more than soap operas... And that would be a shame!

I've had enough of this BS for 1 night.

RoscoeMagic
10-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Maybe I don't... Maybe I've just been corrupted by the way it's been done the past 45 years.

Right is right no matter how you wanna argue it.

BTW... I heard a few things about you and your little brother. But I'm not willing to jeopordize my sources with proof.

I don't have a little brother. And once again, stop comparing apples to oranges. Do you get paid to spy on my family? Is it your job?

RoscoeMagic
10-11-2010, 06:54 PM
If that's the case... Sports is nothing more than soap operas... And that would be a shame!

I've had enough of this BS for 1 night.

Welcome to 2010.

The reason this crap is allowed to go on is because of misinformed fans like yourself. The people in power exploit us who fill their pockets with cash. We just gotta deal with it.

Ickybaluky
10-11-2010, 07:00 PM
First of all, Glazer isn't saying the Bills didn't take the best offer.

What he reported is he talked to representatives of other teams that told him they never knew that Lynch was going to be traded because the Bills didn't call them. Those same sources said they would have been willing to give more for Lynch than Seattle did. So, he never reported anything from the Bills side, he reported on what sources from other teams said about the trade and not getting a chance to bid.

More than any of the NFL guys out there, Glazer is solid. He doesn't report as often as the other guys, but when he does he is plugged in. He has a lot of sources between players and front-office guys because of the MMA training he does with NFL guys. That isn't to say his sources aren't lying to him, but he almost certainly did not make it up.

The fact he says multiple teams reported that probably means it is less likely to be a lie. And yes, it does look the Bills just took Seattle's offer without doing due diligence to see if they could get a better offer.

better days
10-11-2010, 07:05 PM
I agree... A lot of the perception may be deserved. But also a lot is due to people like him making statements with nothing to back it up.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

So you work with Taylor.

better days
10-11-2010, 07:08 PM

What he reported is he talked to representatives of other teams that told him they never knew that Lynch was going to be traded because the Bills didn't call them. Those same sources said they would have been willing to give more for Lynch than Seattle did. So, he never reported anything from the Bills side, he reported on what sources from other teams said about the trade and not getting a chance to bid.

More than any of the NFL guys out there, Glazer is solid. He doesn't report as often as the other guys, but when he does he is plugged in. He has a lot of sources between players and front-office guys because of the MMA training he does with NFL guys. That isn't to say his sources aren't lying to him, but he almost certainly did not make it up.

The fact he says multiple teams reported that probably means it is less likely to be a lie. And yes, it does look the Bills just took Seattle's offer without doing due diligence to see if they could get a better offer.

Well as been said, if those other teams were the Pats* or any other AFC team for that matter, it was better to take less to get him in Seattle where the Bills won't have to face him.

Mr. Pink
10-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Every reporter out there posts the same negative stuff regarding the Bills.

Are they all wrong?

psubills62
10-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Glazer is the best in the business when it comes to stuff he actually reports.

ParanoidAndroid
10-11-2010, 07:56 PM
If there is some truth to this, when is someone going to call Nix and ask him why?

JD
10-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Don't you see? They don't want us to care. That way, the Bills are worth less... so that Jim Kelly doesn't have to pay too much for them to stay in Buffalo :up:

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

OpIv37
10-12-2010, 08:53 AM
I love it how some of you immediately jump to the conclusion that the reporter is wrong and the team is right, even after the comedy (or is it tragedy?) of errors that this team has committed so far this decade.

MikeInRoch
10-12-2010, 09:05 AM
What does he have to do to "back it up"?? He doesn't owe you fans who think you know everything anything. If he "backs it up" he puts his job and credibility with his sources on the line. Period.

If he doesn't "back it up" he loses credibility.

madness
10-12-2010, 10:01 AM

I respect Glazer more than most reporters but this info is simply nothing more than hindsight. The best offer I've heard was possibly a conditional 4th before the draft. These other representatives are also just admitting they have trouble keeping up with latest as it was reported through multiple sources the Bills were shopping Lynch before the actual trade went down. Greenbay was the only other team knocking on OBD's door and they didn't want to up the ante with a 3rd.

Considering a talent like Moss went for a 3rd following this trade, this quickly becomes a dead issue.

DynaPaul
10-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Until I hear one team step up and say something like "Yeah, we would have given a 3rd for Lynch" I really don't care about the speculation. We got what we got.