PDA

View Full Version : Luck vs USC

Buffalo Thriller
10-11-2010, 05:11 PM
I couldn't watch the game because of all the sec games(SEC games take over TV in the south). I was watching Crunch Time on ESPN and it showed the game winning drive. Luck is so poised. He stood calm in the pocket and delivered quick and accurate 10-15 yard passes. It enabled Stanford's run game to develop as well. Luck is the reason Stanford came back and won that game.

I would love us to get him.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2010, 06:03 PM
How big are his hands?

X-Era
10-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Did anyone else see this hit that Luck placed on Shareece Wright?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF9PFJI_t5I

Bangarang
10-11-2010, 06:40 PM

Was definitely one mighty fine hit.

DraftBoy
10-11-2010, 06:42 PM
How big are his hands?

Reportedly they are above average size wise. No official measurement though till the combine.

DraftBoy
10-11-2010, 06:42 PM

Anybody question his toughness?

Buffalo Thriller
10-11-2010, 07:06 PM
What a damn hit

zone
10-11-2010, 07:43 PM
One word, WOW.

more cowbell
10-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Best QB prospect I've seen in years

MikeMacie
10-11-2010, 08:26 PM
He completed 2 passes that were about 10 yards and they also benefited from a 15 yard personal foul penalty. There way NOTHING amazing about that drive that no other college quarterback couldn't have done.

Ingtar33
10-11-2010, 08:27 PM
meh... i wasn't impressed.

He checks down to his underneath option unless a guy is basically running through the secondary uncovered. He's not amazingly accurate either. The only time he threw into coverage down field all game was basically a jump pass that would have been picked off had his arm not been hit while he was throwing it... and with pure "luck" ended up in the WR's arms.

He's played better games... but my opinion of him fell drastically after watching that game.

As a sophomore he's pretty damned good... but as the best pro prospect QB in college? No i don't think he's "easily" the best pro prospect QB in college this year; right now from the limited bits i've seen of the top college QBs i'd say mallet is certainly in the conversation... close enough that i wouldn't be amazed if they both came out that Mallet proves to be the better Pro-QB (he's certainly more of a gunslinger then luck, who looks like a bigger chad pennington to me at this time)

MikeMacie
10-11-2010, 09:00 PM
meh... i wasn't impressed.

He checks down to his underneath option unless a guy is basically running through the secondary uncovered. He's not amazingly accurate either. The only time he threw into coverage down field all game was basically a jump pass that would have been picked off had his arm not been hit while he was throwing it... and with pure "luck" ended up in the WR's arms.

He's played better games... but my opinion of him fell drastically after watching that game.

As a sophomore he's pretty damned good... but as the best pro prospect QB in college? No i don't think he's "easily" the best pro prospect QB in college this year; right now from the limited bits i've seen of the top college QBs i'd say mallet is certainly in the conversation... close enough that i wouldn't be amazed if they both came out that Mallet proves to be the better Pro-QB (he's certainly more of a gunslinger then luck, who looks like a bigger chad pennington to me at this time)
Exactly. Stanford has one of the best run games in the country which puts them in 3rd and short situations all the time. It also helps sell the play action pass where the receivers are left completely wide open. You never see Luck zip a ball in there 15- 20 yards down field or fit it in tight windows (think about this as you watch him). Guys get over hyped every year because wanna be scouts say so. Just look to last year with Locker (espn) and Clausen (walterfootball). People think the top quarterback every year is the next Manning when your lucky to get a serviceable qb let alone a pro bowler. Locker, Luck, and Mallet are at the same level where each one has something they can do better than the other two. There really isn't one that stands out completely above the other.

Buffalo Thriller
10-11-2010, 09:32 PM
He is a college QB for god sakes. You expect him to have the mechanics of a pro. He has academics to worry about to. He is at Stanford... Once football is his job. His mechanics will improve drastically

PcA125
10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm not going to claim to be anything close to a scout... but I'm a little bit worried about the bills drafting underclassmen that still have a lot of developing to do. I'm not expecting the rookie to step in and light it up right away, but I ould prefer someone who has lead a team for a few years and has had some success...a qb that knows how to win and can help develop a winning culture here. I agree with the parcells style of drafting qbs that have started for a few years with success.

I would be happy with someone like Stanzi in the second round and maybe a different need in the first. That kid is clutch. I'm not sure about his skill set translating to the NFL...but I'll leave that to the talent evaluators to discuss. I would change my mind on a qb like mallett if he can play well in the big games he has coming up. From what I hear about Luck I am a little worried about arm strength

Uncle Jesse
10-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I have no problem with Luck. However, I don't put much into stats, especially against USC. They are ranked 116 out of 120 in pass defense.

k-oneputt
10-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Has anyone seen Luck throw the ball DOWNFIELD ?
Just wondering because when I watch him everything is underneath.

Tatonka
10-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Nix has already made it extremely clear that he prefers seniors who have been successful vs. underclassmen with little experience..

knowing that.. would that make mallett the choice?

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Nix has already made it extremely clear that he prefers seniors who have been successful vs. underclassmen with little experience..

knowing that.. would that make mallett the choice?
Mallett is a junior. Although this is his third year starting and his stats have improved every year which is a good sign.

Luck on the other hand is only starting his second year so he is a bit more risky. However he displays the maturity of a sr. QB. He is very poised and he throws a very accurate ball. Some people have commented on his short throwing but I don't agree. I think he can put the ball anywhere he wants on the field. He averages almost 9 yards per completion so the stats don't support that he is a checkdown QB either.

Extremebillsfan247
10-12-2010, 09:39 AM
I couldn't watch the game because of all the sec games(SEC games take over TV in the south). I was watching Crunch Time on ESPN and it showed the game winning drive. Luck is so poised. He stood calm in the pocket and delivered quick and accurate 10-15 yard passes. It enabled Stanford's run game to develop as well. Luck is the reason Stanford came back and won that game.

I would love us to get him.Well, I may be able to remedy that for you. Try out this link. http://espn.go.com/espn3/# It's free, legit, legal, and you can watch a lot of the games you may have missed. This is how I watch the games. It's awesome. Check it out. I missed it too, so I'm watching the game right now in its entirety.