X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalo Thriller
    • Sep 2010

Luck vs USC

I couldn't watch the game because of all the sec games(SEC games take over TV in the south). I was watching Crunch Time on ESPN and it showed the game winning drive. Luck is so poised. He stood calm in the pocket and delivered quick and accurate 10-15 yard passes. It enabled Stanford's run game to develop as well. Luck is the reason Stanford came back and won that game.

I would love us to get him.
    Last edited by Buffalo Thriller; 10-11-2010, 05:16 PM.
    Originally posted by OpIv37
    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Luck vs USC

How big are his hands?

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Did anyone else see this hit that Luck placed on Shareece Wright?

Stanford, vs, USC, Andrew, Luck, Lays, out, Shareece, Wright, football, Palo, Alto

Comment

• Bangarang
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by X-Era

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF9PFJI_t5I
        Was definitely one mighty fine hit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
          How big are his hands?
          Reportedly they are above average size wise. No official measurement though till the combine.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF9PFJI_t5I
            Anybody question his toughness?
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
              • Sep 2010

What a damn hit
              You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• zone
                No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                • Oct 2003

One word, WOW.
                www.blzbus.com

Comment

• more cowbell
                  • Apr 2006

Best QB prospect I've seen in years
                  The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• MikeMacie
                    • Feb 2009

He completed 2 passes that were about 10 yards and they also benefited from a 15 yard personal foul penalty. There way NOTHING amazing about that drive that no other college quarterback couldn't have done.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

meh... i wasn't impressed.

He checks down to his underneath option unless a guy is basically running through the secondary uncovered. He's not amazingly accurate either. The only time he threw into coverage down field all game was basically a jump pass that would have been picked off had his arm not been hit while he was throwing it... and with pure "luck" ended up in the WR's arms.

He's played better games... but my opinion of him fell drastically after watching that game.

As a sophomore he's pretty damned good... but as the best pro prospect QB in college? No i don't think he's "easily" the best pro prospect QB in college this year; right now from the limited bits i've seen of the top college QBs i'd say mallet is certainly in the conversation... close enough that i wouldn't be amazed if they both came out that Mallet proves to be the better Pro-QB (he's certainly more of a gunslinger then luck, who looks like a bigger chad pennington to me at this time)
                      Last edited by Ingtar33; 10-11-2010, 08:32 PM.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• MikeMacie
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                        meh... i wasn't impressed.

He checks down to his underneath option unless a guy is basically running through the secondary uncovered. He's not amazingly accurate either. The only time he threw into coverage down field all game was basically a jump pass that would have been picked off had his arm not been hit while he was throwing it... and with pure "luck" ended up in the WR's arms.

He's played better games... but my opinion of him fell drastically after watching that game.

As a sophomore he's pretty damned good... but as the best pro prospect QB in college? No i don't think he's "easily" the best pro prospect QB in college this year; right now from the limited bits i've seen of the top college QBs i'd say mallet is certainly in the conversation... close enough that i wouldn't be amazed if they both came out that Mallet proves to be the better Pro-QB (he's certainly more of a gunslinger then luck, who looks like a bigger chad pennington to me at this time)
                        Exactly. Stanford has one of the best run games in the country which puts them in 3rd and short situations all the time. It also helps sell the play action pass where the receivers are left completely wide open. You never see Luck zip a ball in there 15- 20 yards down field or fit it in tight windows (think about this as you watch him). Guys get over hyped every year because wanna be scouts say so. Just look to last year with Locker (espn) and Clausen (walterfootball). People think the top quarterback every year is the next Manning when your lucky to get a serviceable qb let alone a pro bowler. Locker, Luck, and Mallet are at the same level where each one has something they can do better than the other two. There really isn't one that stands out completely above the other.

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
                          • Sep 2010

He is a college QB for god sakes. You expect him to have the mechanics of a pro. He has academics to worry about to. He is at Stanford... Once football is his job. His mechanics will improve drastically

Comment

• PcA125
                            • May 2006

I'm not going to claim to be anything close to a scout... but I'm a little bit worried about the bills drafting underclassmen that still have a lot of developing to do. I'm not expecting the rookie to step in and light it up right away, but I ould prefer someone who has lead a team for a few years and has had some success...a qb that knows how to win and can help develop a winning culture here. I agree with the parcells style of drafting qbs that have started for a few years with success.

I would be happy with someone like Stanzi in the second round and maybe a different need in the first. That kid is clutch. I'm not sure about his skill set translating to the NFL...but I'll leave that to the talent evaluators to discuss. I would change my mind on a qb like mallett if he can play well in the big games he has coming up. From what I hear about Luck I am a little worried about arm strength
                            Cheers!

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                              • Sep 2004

I have no problem with Luck. However, I don't put much into stats, especially against USC. They are ranked 116 out of 120 in pass defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X