PDA

View Full Version : If we get Luck

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 07:09 PM
And he doesn't produce like most of you are already looking forward to, will he be to blame when "nothing changes" or will it still be Nix and Gailey?

Nighthawk
10-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Umm, this is kind of a silly thread...

Night Train
10-11-2010, 07:10 PM
And he doesn't produce like most of you are already looking forward to, will he be to blame when "nothing changes" or will it still be Nix and Gailey?

It will be blind Luck.

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 07:11 PM

Well most of us around here seem to think he's our ultimate solution to get us on the right track.

What happens when that plan falls through too?

TacklingDummy
10-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Well most of us around here seem to think he's our ultimate solution to get us on the right track.

What happens when that plan falls through too?
Then we'll be calling for Fitz or Brohm.

trapezeus
10-11-2010, 09:09 PM
i think if they get luck and then don't address tackle in a real manner, fitz will be starting again next year. That might not be so bad. especially if the team is focused on tightening up the front 7 of starters.

Luck learns from a harvard grad who understands the game well but doesn't hvae the physical tools to execute. Once luck can come in year 3, he will be judged on his ability to start making a difference.

EricStratton
10-11-2010, 09:13 PM
i think if they get luck and then don't address tackle in a real manner, fitz will be starting again next year. That might not be so bad. especially if the team is focused on tightening up the front 7 of starters.

Luck learns from a harvard grad who understands the game well but doesn't hvae the physical tools to execute. Once luck can come in year 3, he will be judged on his ability to start making a difference.

If that is the scenario that plays out he will be called a bust after week 2 of next week for not starting.

Bangarang
10-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Mallett ftw.

PromoTheRobot
10-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Every single year without fail 3 or 4 QBs are 'can't miss" and yet they all do. last year it was Clausen, Tebow and McCoy. How about Alex Smith? Jamarcus Russel? Matt Friggin' Leinert?? Remember how much people were screaming for him? All hypes, all busts!! What makes me think Luck, Mallet or Locker will be any different?

PTR

tampabay25690
10-11-2010, 09:25 PM
As of right now Luck is the #1 pick if he comes out.
I still see Locker going in the top 10 and Mallett behind him 10-15...

If we draft Luck I think we are in the right direction but have to put weapons and protection around him.....A TE to go with Nelson would be a huge step but also a OT and depth on the OL is a huge need....

Then the defense well do we have 20 picks in this draft????

tampabay25690
10-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Every single year without fail 3 or 4 QBs are 'can't miss" and yet they all do. last year it was Clausen, Tebow and McCoy. How about Alex Smith? Jamarcus Russel? Matt Friggin' Leinert?? Remember how much people were screaming for him? All hypes, all busts!! What makes me think Luck, Mallet or Ponder will be any different?

PTR

You say Clausen, Tebow, and McCoy were not miss????
Where did u see that.
If you ask most on here Tebow would be drafted in the 4th round.

I understand what you are saying though.
Ponder is a 2nd rounder as of right now...

Luck, mallett, and Locker are all 1st rounders.....

You are right you have NO clue what these guys will do when put in the NFL...

Buffalo Thriller
10-11-2010, 09:30 PM
It's all part of the draft. You gotta take risks and hope it pays off.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2010, 09:33 PM

well that taylor has been making foolish threads on a daily basis. someone else might as well too.

billz83
10-12-2010, 01:28 AM
even if we got luck..we still need to address the Oline and get a WR and TE and he might have success..that is if hes not a bust..considerin the bills luck and the way they draft i have no faith in them in picking the right choice.

G Wolly
10-12-2010, 01:35 AM
even if we got luck..we still need to address the Oline and get a WR and TE and he might have success..that is if hes not a bust..considerin the bills luck and the way they draft i have no faith in them in picking the right choice.

Picking the right choice

or

Choosing the right pick.

billz83
10-12-2010, 01:46 AM
Picking the right choice

or

Choosing the right pick.

really both..if they go QB watch them pick the wrong QB..after all ralph wilson said they are going QB top priority and if he has even an ounce of say we will pick the wrong one.

TMu11
10-12-2010, 05:23 AM
We could use as much Luck as we can get in the draft after evaluating the past decade. However, I'm all for Mallet.

mrbojanglezs
10-12-2010, 06:29 AM
luck won't make that much of a difference on our current team.... we need to build the D and the line

DesertFox24
10-12-2010, 07:14 AM
I really hope that if we draft him no one expects us to go to the playoff in his rookie year. He needs time to develop and we need to get better talent on the OLine and the defensive front 7.

Personally I am starting to think we are okay at WR, hopefully Nelson is the answer at TE. Tom Brady won his three super bowls with average WRs and TEs, in other words a good QB will find the guys and will win games. However, Tom had a great OL to give him time, that is what we don't have.

We also can not stop the run or rush the passer and that is where we need to improve.

As Ralph said we are a long ways away and 2012 will hopefully be the year we are a competitive football team.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Every single year without fail 3 or 4 QBs are 'can't miss" and yet they all do. last year it was Clausen, Tebow and McCoy. How about Alex Smith? Jamarcus Russel? Matt Friggin' Leinert?? Remember how much people were screaming for him? All hypes, all busts!! What makes me think Luck, Mallet or Locker will be any different?

PTR

None of those guys are labeled can't miss prospects. Luck is in the rare class of guys like Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, or even Sam Bradford. All those guys had everything you want in a qb.

G Wolly
10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
None of those guys are labeled can't miss prospects. Luck is in the rare class of guys like Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, or even Sam Bradford. All those guys had everything you want in a qb.

Did you mention Sam Bradford?

Ingtar33
10-12-2010, 12:17 PM
As of right now Luck is the #1 pick if he comes out.
I still see Locker going in the top 10 and Mallett behind him 10-15...

If we draft Luck I think we are in the right direction but have to put weapons and protection around him.....A TE to go with Nelson would be a huge step but also a OT and depth on the OL is a huge need....

Then the defense well do we have 20 picks in this draft????

If the bills take Luck the fans will be calling him captain check down before he's out of training camp.

right now the kid's just a bigger more durable chad pennington. That's not to say he won't get better... he's just a sophomore.

Locker right now, will be lucky to go in round 1... he's like Jay Cutler, only without the vision, anticipation, attitude or accuracy... basically he's a bigger less accurate and slightly slower michael vick. The team that takes locker will be regretting it for half a decade.

Mallet right now looks almost as good to me as luck... (frankly he looks far better to me this year... i just can't scrub what i saw of him last year out of my mind)