• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

The Bills' biggest weakness on the field

I know this team has innumerable issues and problems all over the field. I'm not asking who the worst player is or what position is the weakest.
    We've seen teams run run run on this D. We've seen untouched DL from the other teams in the backfield. We see other QBs have obscene amounts of time in the pocket.
    What issue is the biggest on this team? QB play? Run D? Pass rush? Intermediate coverage? If you could only pick one, what would you say is the biggest weakness on the team?

(My vote goes to the inability to cover TEs)
    Last edited by Jeff1220; 10-11-2010, 08:39 PM.
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: The Bills' biggest weakness on the field

no playmakers
    no leadership
    no accountability
    no passion
    no nasty streak
    no pass rush
    no pass protection
    no TE in the offense

no talent

take your pick
    Last edited by bigbub2352; 10-11-2010, 08:38 PM.
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Pass rush is pathetic.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Coaching.

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

Our biggest weakness isn't on the field. Our biggest weakness resides in Detroit, and his name is Ralph Wilson.
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

None of our LB's are worth a damn in pass coverage, and neither or LB's nor our S's can adequately cover TE's.

Davis, Poz, Kelsay, Whitner and Byrd all got consistently beat by the TE's on Sunday.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
              • May 2004

Attitude has become our biggest weakness. We played the Dolphins and Pats which are two pretty good teams very tough. Yes we lost, but we made a real game of both of those games. Since then, to me it is apparent that the attitude throughout the organization is to mail it in. Get through this miserable season and put it behind us. So I guess the lack of strong leadership from the FO, coaching staff and veteran players contributes to the attitude of this team, and their attitude sucks, to be blunt.
              "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
              --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                I know this team has innumerable issues and problems all over the field. I'm not asking who the worst player is or what position is the weakest.
                We've seen teams run run run on this D. We've seen untouched DL from the other teams in the backfield. We see other QBs have obscene amounts of time in the pocket.
                What issue is the biggest on this team? QB play? Run D? Pass rush? Intermediate coverage? If you could only pick one, what would you say is the biggest weakness on the team?

I would have to say NT.

Were simply not good enough at LB to have a NT who gets pushed around. KW is a penetrator and will never occupy two blockers. He is getting singled and held up at the LoS while other guys run free and demolish our LBs.

A better NT would help stop the run on 1st down and give our D a chance to put offenses into 3rd and longs

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Pass rush, no doubt.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dujek
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Jan 2008

The biggest problem is Run D, by a long way.

The Bills will get nowhere while teams are constantly rushing for over 200 yards against them.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by Dujek
                      The biggest problem is Run D, by a long way.

The Bills will get nowhere while teams are constantly rushing for over 200 yards against them.
                      You're probably right, with pass rush a close second. When you can't stop the run, and you can't pressure the QB, you're in deep s**t.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

1. Run defense
                        2. Pass rush
                        3. Offensive penalties

Comment

• unpaid_bills
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Jeff1220

1. DL
                          2. Qb
                          3. LB's

Stength believe it or not as a group the OL is playing pretty well despite having a bunch of so-called scrubs and no names. The disappointing thing is our secondary they are getting scorched. My opinion is the lack of a pass rush, inability to stop the run with the front 7 and lack of pass coverage skills by the LB's We supposedly had some good shutdown corners McGee, Florence, McElvin, our Safety play is not much better. They need to scrap the 3-4 we dont have the personnel or pass rushers.
                          Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by unpaid_bills
                            1. DL
                            2. Qb
                            3. LB's

Stength believe it or not as a group the OL is playing pretty well despite having a bunch of so-called scrubs and no names. The disappointing thing is our secondary they are getting scorched. My opinion is the lack of a pass rush, inability to stop the run with the front 7 and lack of pass coverage skills by the LB's We supposedly had some good shutdown corners McGee, Florence, McElvin, our Safety play is not much better. They need to scrap the 3-4 we dont have the personnel or pass rushers.
                            It starts with our DL. They can't stop the run on first down and rarely get opportunities to rush the passer.

When we do get a chance to rush the passer we have no pass rusher. If we had a pass rusher, the QB would just dump it off quick to the TE or RB because we have no ILBs that can defend TEs and RBs.

Our front 7 is the worst in the NFL.

Comment

• imbondz
                              Democrats are people too
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                              Attitude has become our biggest weakness. We played the Dolphins and Pats which are two pretty good teams very tough. Yes we lost, but we made a real game of both of those games. Since then, to me it is apparent that the attitude throughout the organization is to mail it in. Get through this miserable season and put it behind us. So I guess the lack of strong leadership from the FO, coaching staff and veteran players contributes to the attitude of this team, and their attitude sucks, to be blunt.
                              totally agree. no leadership, and an atmosphere of losing. too many players that we hate have gone on to other teams to produce.
                              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                              X