PDA

View Full Version : The Bills' biggest weakness on the field

Jeff1220
10-11-2010, 08:35 PM
I know this team has innumerable issues and problems all over the field. I'm not asking who the worst player is or what position is the weakest.
We've seen teams run run run on this D. We've seen untouched DL from the other teams in the backfield. We see other QBs have obscene amounts of time in the pocket.
What issue is the biggest on this team? QB play? Run D? Pass rush? Intermediate coverage? If you could only pick one, what would you say is the biggest weakness on the team?

(My vote goes to the inability to cover TEs)

bigbub2352
10-11-2010, 08:37 PM
no playmakers
no leadership
no accountability
no passion
no nasty streak
no pass rush
no pass protection
no TE in the offense

no talent

take your pick

TacklingDummy
10-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Pass rush is pathetic.

Mr. Pink
10-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Coaching.

elltrain22
10-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Our biggest weakness isn't on the field. Our biggest weakness resides in Detroit, and his name is Ralph Wilson.

OpIv37
10-12-2010, 07:50 AM
None of our LB's are worth a damn in pass coverage, and neither or LB's nor our S's can adequately cover TE's.

Davis, Poz, Kelsay, Whitner and Byrd all got consistently beat by the TE's on Sunday.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Attitude has become our biggest weakness. We played the Dolphins and Pats which are two pretty good teams very tough. Yes we lost, but we made a real game of both of those games. Since then, to me it is apparent that the attitude throughout the organization is to mail it in. Get through this miserable season and put it behind us. So I guess the lack of strong leadership from the FO, coaching staff and veteran players contributes to the attitude of this team, and their attitude sucks, to be blunt.

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 08:05 AM
I know this team has innumerable issues and problems all over the field. I'm not asking who the worst player is or what position is the weakest.
We've seen teams run run run on this D. We've seen untouched DL from the other teams in the backfield. We see other QBs have obscene amounts of time in the pocket.
What issue is the biggest on this team? QB play? Run D? Pass rush? Intermediate coverage? If you could only pick one, what would you say is the biggest weakness on the team?

I would have to say NT.

Were simply not good enough at LB to have a NT who gets pushed around. KW is a penetrator and will never occupy two blockers. He is getting singled and held up at the LoS while other guys run free and demolish our LBs.

A better NT would help stop the run on 1st down and give our D a chance to put offenses into 3rd and longs

Jan Reimers
10-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Pass rush, no doubt.

Dujek
10-12-2010, 08:06 AM
The biggest problem is Run D, by a long way.

The Bills will get nowhere while teams are constantly rushing for over 200 yards against them.

Jan Reimers
10-12-2010, 08:11 AM
The biggest problem is Run D, by a long way.

The Bills will get nowhere while teams are constantly rushing for over 200 yards against them.
You're probably right, with pass rush a close second. When you can't stop the run, and you can't pressure the QB, you're in deep s**t.

madness
10-12-2010, 08:34 AM
1. Run defense
2. Pass rush
3. Offensive penalties

unpaid_bills
10-12-2010, 08:35 AM

1. DL
2. Qb
3. LB's

Stength believe it or not as a group the OL is playing pretty well despite having a bunch of so-called scrubs and no names. The disappointing thing is our secondary they are getting scorched. My opinion is the lack of a pass rush, inability to stop the run with the front 7 and lack of pass coverage skills by the LB's We supposedly had some good shutdown corners McGee, Florence, McElvin, our Safety play is not much better. They need to scrap the 3-4 we dont have the personnel or pass rushers.

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 08:38 AM
1. DL
2. Qb
3. LB's

Stength believe it or not as a group the OL is playing pretty well despite having a bunch of so-called scrubs and no names. The disappointing thing is our secondary they are getting scorched. My opinion is the lack of a pass rush, inability to stop the run with the front 7 and lack of pass coverage skills by the LB's We supposedly had some good shutdown corners McGee, Florence, McElvin, our Safety play is not much better. They need to scrap the 3-4 we dont have the personnel or pass rushers.
It starts with our DL. They can't stop the run on first down and rarely get opportunities to rush the passer.

When we do get a chance to rush the passer we have no pass rusher. If we had a pass rusher, the QB would just dump it off quick to the TE or RB because we have no ILBs that can defend TEs and RBs.

Our front 7 is the worst in the NFL.

imbondz
10-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Attitude has become our biggest weakness. We played the Dolphins and Pats which are two pretty good teams very tough. Yes we lost, but we made a real game of both of those games. Since then, to me it is apparent that the attitude throughout the organization is to mail it in. Get through this miserable season and put it behind us. So I guess the lack of strong leadership from the FO, coaching staff and veteran players contributes to the attitude of this team, and their attitude sucks, to be blunt.

totally agree. no leadership, and an atmosphere of losing. too many players that we hate have gone on to other teams to produce.

mightysimi
10-12-2010, 08:54 AM
1. DL
2. Qb
3. LB's

You think to scrap it on only 5 games? I mean if you are suggesting that a switch back to 4-3 would catapult us to the forefront of the AFC, you are crazy. The lack of talent in the scheme is apparent though.

However to answer the question, run D and pass rush. I didn't get to see the Jags game but against the Jets I once counted to 9 before Stinkchez had to throw. Brutal.

Extremebillsfan247
10-12-2010, 09:27 AM

(My vote goes to the inability to cover TEs)Biggest weaknesses right now? the inability to stop the run, and stupid offensive penalties.

RoscoeMagic
10-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Run Defense or pass rush. I'm torn.

I wanna say run D because that would make the pass D better by default, but we'd still have no pass rush. Of course pass rush would also make the pass D better, but we'd continue to get gashed on the run.

djjimkelly
10-12-2010, 09:52 AM
You're probably right, with pass rush a close second. When you can't stop the run, and you can't pressure the QB, you're in deep s**t.

this translates to dline basically front seven issues the secondary would be light years better and i think they are actually good if they had a pass rush to work with in coverage

ServoBillieves
10-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Pass rush is pathetic.

What pass rush?

unpaid_bills
10-12-2010, 11:32 AM
You think to scrap it on only 5 games? I mean if you are suggesting that a switch back to 4-3 would catapult us to the forefront of the AFC, you are crazy. The lack of talent in the scheme is apparent though.

However to answer the question, run D and pass rush. I didn't get to see the Jags game but against the Jets I once counted to 9 before Stinkchez had to throw. Brutal.

the 3-4 is not working. Yes i would scrap it we dont have the personnel. Beyond that we are by far the WORSE ranked defense against the run, Pts allowerd, etc.. I never said it would catapult us to the top of the AFC. The coaches have to find something that works with the personnel they have on Defense and Offense. For example, if they dont have a pass rush how about bringing the corners or LB on a blitz they arent stopping the run or pass anyway.

On Offense find a way to get the ball to your playmakers (Evans, Parrish and Spiller) on screens, reverses, quick slants.

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 11:38 AM
the 3-4 is not working. Yes i would scrap it we dont have the personnel. Beyond that we are by far the WORSE ranked defense against the run, Pts allowerd, etc.. I never said it would catapult us to the top of the AFC. The coaches have to find something that works with the personnel they have on Defense and Offense. For example, if they dont have a pass rush how about bringing the corners or LB on a blitz they arent stopping the run or pass anyway.

On Offense find a way to get the ball to your playmakers (Evans, Parrish and Spiller) on screens, reverses, quick slants.
Yeah I agree. I don't get the vanilla defense approach. They are VERY risk averse and don't want to bring blitzes to counter the fact that the don't have guys who can rush the passer on their own.

They should be bringing CB and S blitzes often and putting the onus on their secondary to make plays.

They must bring at least 5 on every play and keep 8 around the LoS at all times.

Dr. Lecter
10-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah I agree. I don't get the vanilla defense approach. They are VERY risk averse and don't want to bring blitzes to counter the fact that the don't have guys who can rush the passer on their own.

They should be bringing CB and S blitzes often and putting the onus on their secondary to make plays.

They must bring at least 5 on every play and keep 8 around the LoS at all times.

The last part is way easier said than done.

mightysimi
10-12-2010, 11:43 AM

Regardless of what was run in the past, Fewell is not here. Think they can just switch mid-season? I think we can all agree that the secondary is decent. So what about getting them much needed experience in the scheme? What ever we run, we are going to be terrible. We couldn't stop the run last year either. All I am saying is that it is a little premature to drop the 3-4 all together and impossible to do mid-season.

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 11:44 AM
The last part is way easier said than done.
Well if you're going to give up 30+ points you might as well do it while actually trying to disrupt things.

Sending 4 DTs and giving the QB 4-5 seconds to throw is not working.

The Bills play defense as if they have the best DL in the NFL. As if they're 4 guys up front will stop the run on their own.

The Bills need to crowd the LoS and force offenses to throw. And if they do throw than send more people than they can block and hope for the best.

DraftBoy
10-12-2010, 11:46 AM
The Bills biggest on the field weakness is that they lack talent at all positions and in all factes of the game.

Dr. Lecter
10-12-2010, 12:25 PM
The Bills biggest on the field weakness is that they lack talent at all positions and in all factes of the game.

Ummmm....

Excuse me. The Bills long snapper (From FSU of course) is not lacking in talent.

Clearly the answer is that they need more Seminoles on the team.