PDA

View Full Version : We have to be the most divided fanbase in the history of sport

Mad Max
10-12-2010, 01:39 AM
I rarely if ever go to other NFL teams message boards, so I don't know if they are all like we are here but somehow I doubt it.

Think about how many major bitter divisions we've had in the last decade or so.(I may not have the chronology correct, there were so many that I can't keep them straight)

Flutie/ RJ- We were so passionate about "our" guy being "the" guy that we battled constantly with each other for years, creating a dozen nicknames for the players and the followers of the other guy. "Midget", "Tackling Dummy", "Leprechaun", "RoboSack"..."Flutie Flakes", "RJ Lickers"? The list goes on. Yikes. (full disclosure I was sadly on the RJ side of that fence).

Bledsoe/ no Bledsoe- Some of us hated the acquisition (I was in that camp) some loved it. Battle on. Let the nicknames and slurs commence. "Statue", "Dreadsoe", "Tackling Dummy II"...

Bledsoe/ Losman- The backup QB is always the most popular guy on the team. So more of us wanted Losman to start than not. but we all know it quickly devolved with Losman's failures. Cue the "Loserman", and "Surfer Dude II" jokes. (I was on the Losman side..lesser of two evils I thought).

Losman/ Edwards- The backup QB is always the most popular guy on the team (is there an echo in here). (I was in the Edwards camp) Not sure why anyone would have defended Losman at this point, but he had several defenders. Did we really just draft and are now starting a THIRD surfer dude? Why yes we did, his name came to be known as "Trentative", aka "Dreadwards", aka "Tackling Dummy Part III", aka...

Edwards/ Fitzy/ Brohm/ Brown- Has it really gotten this bad that we're now fighting over these four. Yes it has. "Trentative" Vs. "Fitzdouchetrick" Vs. "Beat out by third stringer guy" Vs. a "Bad Bad man".

Peters- We had the "get rid of the guy he's a lazy bum" camp Vs. Are you F'in kidding me..."PAY HIM NOW!" camp. (personally I was torn on this one)

Draft Picks- No doubt this area is always in contention with fans of all teams, but we still had our divisions so it must be mentioned. Staying current, we had two camps right away when Maybin was drafted...we had the "WTF, that's not Brian Orakpo" camp (my side) and the "I trust the front office way more than some message board posters opinion" camp. Results haven't been finalized but it's not looking good for the Front Office Trusters.

Coaching hires- Wade was turned into "Wide". He made some famous moves we all know about and made a famous comment we'll remember forever about a Punt "Catcher". Most soured on him....apparently too quickly, there were stragglers though. Mularkey bails before we could really start diggin into him...smart man. Then we had Greg Williams, whom many of us promptly turned into "Manboobs", "The List", etc., he had his fans as too. Then came Jauron, we had plenty of people playing the "I trust the front office's opinion way more than some message board posters opinion" AGAIN, at first. That battle however didn't last long as the dissenters on that hire (myself included)...unfortunately won a decisive victory. Unfortunately "Skeletor" aka "Soft Clapper" aka "Camp Director"...lingered for far too long.

Future possible draft picks- Now we're debating the merits or lack thereof of and dividing into the camps of possible future QB draftees. April is going to be bloody as this time around there will be three or more camps not just two...and as we all know "there can only be one".

Gailey and Nix- (both hires I was ambivalent on) we're already picking teams. You're either on the "Realists" or the "Unreasonable Expecationists"?

Damn just damn. We've gotten to the point that the trolls don't even bother anymore, they likely sit around laughing their asses off watching us snipe each other.

SaviorEdwards
10-12-2010, 04:52 AM
LOL remember the people who wanted reich to start?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-12-2010, 05:49 AM
loosing brings out the worst in people and when the team is winning we all are in a love fest
remember the love for Dicky when we were 4-0 ?

TacklingDummy
10-12-2010, 05:52 AM
The Flutie Flakes were right. The Bills would have a Super Bowl ring right now if he started the Tenn. game.

You forgot Losman vs Holcomb.

X-Era
10-12-2010, 06:05 AM
LOL remember the people who wanted reich to start?I remember people who wanted AVP to start.

X-Era
10-12-2010, 06:06 AM
I rarely if ever go to other NFL teams message boards, so I don't know if they are all like we are here but somehow I doubt it.

Think about how many major bitter divisions we've had in the last decade or so.(I may not have the chronology correct, there were so many that I can't keep them straight)

Flutie/ RJ- We were so passionate about "our" guy being "the" guy that we battled constantly with each other for years, creating a dozen nicknames for the players and the followers of the other guy. "Midget", "Tackling Dummy", "Leprechaun", "RoboSack"..."Flutie Flakes", "RJ Lickers"? The list goes on. Yikes. (full disclosure I was sadly on the RJ side of that fence).

Bledsoe/ no Bledsoe- Some of us hated the acquisition (I was in that camp) some loved it. Battle on. Let the nicknames and slurs commence. "Statue", "Dreadsoe", "Tackling Dummy II"...

Bledsoe/ Losman- The backup QB is always the most popular guy on the team. So more of us wanted Losman to start than not. but we all know it quickly devolved with Losman's failures. Cue the "Loserman", and "Surfer Dude II" jokes. (I was on the Losman side..lesser of two evils I thought).

Losman/ Edwards- The backup QB is always the most popular guy on the team (is there an echo in here). (I was in the Edwards camp) Not sure why anyone would have defended Losman at this point, but he had several defenders. Did we really just draft and are now starting a THIRD surfer dude? Why yes we did, his name came to be known as "Trentative", aka "Dreadwards", aka "Tackling Dummy Part III", aka...

Edwards/ Fitzy/ Brohm/ Brown- Has it really gotten this bad that we're now fighting over these four. Yes it has. "Trentative" Vs. "Fitzdouchetrick" Vs. "Beat out by third stringer guy" Vs. a "Bad Bad man".

Peters- We had the "get rid of the guy he's a lazy bum" camp Vs. Are you F'in kidding me..."PAY HIM NOW!" camp. (personally I was torn on this one)

Draft Picks- No doubt this area is always in contention with fans of all teams, but we still had our divisions so it must be mentioned. Staying current, we had two camps right away when Maybin was drafted...we had the "WTF, that's not Brian Orakpo" camp (my side) and the "I trust the front office way more than some message board posters opinion" camp. Results haven't been finalized but it's not looking good for the Front Office Trusters.

Coaching hires- Wade was turned into "Wide". He made some famous moves we all know about and made a famous comment we'll remember forever about a Punt "Catcher". Most soured on him....apparently too quickly, there were stragglers though. Mularkey bails before we could really start diggin into him...smart man. Then we had Greg Williams, whom many of us promptly turned into "Manboobs", "The List", etc., he had his fans as too. Then came Jauron, we had plenty of people playing the "I trust the front office's opinion way more than some message board posters opinion" AGAIN, at first. That battle however didn't last long as the dissenters on that hire (myself included)...unfortunately won a decisive victory. Unfortunately "Skeletor" aka "Soft Clapper" aka "Camp Director"...lingered for far too long.

Future possible draft picks- Now we're debating the merits or lack thereof of and dividing into the camps of possible future QB draftees. April is going to be bloody as this time around there will be three or more camps not just two...and as we all know "there can only be one".

Gailey and Nix- (both hires I was ambivalent on) we're already picking teams. You're either on the "Realists" or the "Unreasonable Expecationists"?

Damn just damn. We've gotten to the point that the trolls don't even bother anymore, they likely sit around laughing their asses off watching us snipe each other.It's easy, we have over 5,000 opinions here and we have sucked for over a decade. That will polarize even a few people, much less 5,000+

Just keep hope alive and hang in there for the next few years and lets see where we go.

dannyek71
10-12-2010, 06:24 AM
We are the most united fan base. How many other people would support such a lousy team.

Jan Reimers
10-12-2010, 07:06 AM
Continual losing will divide any fan base. Winning will unite it again. It's that simple in sports.

Mad Max
10-12-2010, 03:51 PM
I remember people who wanted AVP to start.

Todd Collins too, lol. Backup QB, best position in the NFL.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Well I guess that is what the BillsZone was set up for, discussing your opinions and reading others opinions.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2010, 04:46 PM
when the idiots realize that the Realists are right, this won't be a problem.

Billz_fan
10-12-2010, 05:13 PM
when the idiots realize that the Realists are right, this won't be a problem.

Where the hell do you go all the time ?? Your like David Copperfield :D

SABURZFAN
10-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Where the hell do you go all the time ?? Your like David Copperfield :D

i've been busy with starting a new job, coaching little league football, and being a single parent of two boys. don't have the time to get on the computer much lately.

bf1
10-12-2010, 05:27 PM
At least now everyone is in agreement.