Mahdi
10-12-2010, 08:29 AM
37 TDs, 10 INTs, 3168 yds, 61 cpt, 100 QB rating

Im not really a Fitzpatrick number but hes doing well with a suck ass O
Wow Trent Edwards really sucked.

NextbillsQB
10-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Parrish- 688 yds, 3 TDs, 45 catches
Evans- Wow, nope not saying, hes such a dissapointment, 14 catches for 181 yds and a TD, thats it. Wow
Nelson- 32 catches, 384 yds
St Johnson- 54 catches, 684 yds, 13 TDs

jamze132
10-12-2010, 08:33 AM
If Fitz threw 30TDs and 3000+ yds, I wouldn't have much of a problem not drafting a QB #1 overall next year.

NextbillsQB
10-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Sorry i messed up Fitzpatricks stats cuz I forgot he didnt play the first 2 games. Ill edit it

NextbillsQB
10-12-2010, 08:36 AM
If Fitz threw 30TDs and 3000+ yds, I wouldn't have much of a problem not drafting a QB #1 overall next year.

What about 30 TDs and 2700 yds and 10 INTs lol

BidsJr
10-12-2010, 08:42 AM
And an 0-16 record!

Thief
10-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Sorry i messed up Fitzpatricks stats cuz I forgot he didnt play the first 2 games. Ill edit itYou failed to extrapolate Lees too.

Dujek
10-12-2010, 08:48 AM
And an 0-16 record!

Not his fault, he doesn't play on the other side of the ball.

Though with some of the blocks he laid on guys on Sunday I'd say he's more of a big hitter than any of our safeties.

psubills62
10-12-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm glad Fitzpatrick is doing well. At least we won't be forced to throw a rookie into the fire right away. Yes, I know about Sam Bradford, but I still believe rookie QB's should sit for at least a year, no matter where you draft them.

Fitzpatrick's play, however, does not preclude us from needing a top QB. If Luck enters the draft, I have no problem taking him #1 overall and letting him sit. If Luck doesn't enter, I have no problem taking a QB in round 2 or 3.

OpIv37
10-12-2010, 08:52 AM
I never thought I'd say this, but Fitzpatrick has been the best player on the field for the Bills since he took over the starting job.

No, he's not perfect, and yes, he has missed throws and made other mistakes. But compared to how poorly everyone else has played, he's the team MVP so far.

trapezeus
10-12-2010, 09:01 AM
do the math after you factor in the ravens game. i don't think it'll be quite as good then.

Historian
10-12-2010, 11:20 AM
At the very least, he's methodical....gotta give him that.

Pinkerton Security
10-12-2010, 11:43 AM
At the very least, he's methodical....gotta give him that.
I was gonna say at the very least hes got a set of balls, which Trent obviously did not...I kinda wish trent had stuck around and gotten clobbered by Baltimore...itd be funny to see him get beaten up by those guys.

Nighthawk
10-12-2010, 11:48 AM
He is NOT the answer at QB, nor should the Bills assume he is. That being said, he has not played that bad. Lets not overlook the fact that most of his stats are from being down in almost every game and most of them are coming in junk time. You cannot just look at the stats and assume everything is equal.

Ingtar33
10-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Its easy to put up good numbers when you play half the game against prevent defenses.

his numbers in the first half of all the games he's played has been atrocious. However, i'll admit he's not been the prime reason for our losing thus far. it's been the defense hands down.

(also remember, the Jags and Pats have pass defenses about as bad as they come)

feldspar
10-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Let's just hope that the Bills play poor passing-defenses every week. Then we can quote Fitz's stats and pretend that he is a good QB.

madness
10-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Too bad he struggles against the blitz (especially when they shadow him to keep him from running like the Jags did) and the OL has killed as many drives as the team has TD drives.

One thing is for certain... teams will continue to dial up the pressure as long as Fitz is back there.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2010, 12:19 PM
I sure as hell would!

Beebe's Kid
10-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Fitz isn't the problem. He's not the answer, either, but he's not whey we are 0-5. If we can draft Luck...we need to draft Luck. Mallet is probably in the same boat, and Locker, I don't know, time will tell.

Our defense is a ****ing atrocity.

Good news is that 1st year defensive players can have an immediate impact, and there is generally a larger pool of FA's to choose from that could help you right away.

Fitz's stats were great on Sunday. His game was not. When we were in the game, he made several poor throws, and he threw the absolute worst pass I have ever seen in my life, on the 4th down that was the nail in the coffin.

There are NFL teams that could win with Fitz at QB...we're not one of them.

I will say this, although I am sure many have to disagree, Chan's offense with an accurate QB would be damn near unstoppable. I still feel we should be running more, because that is where our strength is, but if Fitzy doesn't blow the 5-6 horrible passes he threw on Sunday, we are going score for score with Jacksonville.

feldspar
10-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Fitz isn't the problem.

Fitz isn't THE problem; there is plenty of blame to go around...but he is A problem.

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Fitz isn't THE problem; there is plenty of blame to go around...but he is A problem.
I wouldn't say Fitz is a problem. He isn't a PB QB but he is not a problem. If he continues to produce like he has and we continue to lose then the problem will be everything but him.

TacklingDummy
10-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Fitz keeps playing like this the Bills won't be drafting QB in the 1st round this coming draft.

Hop on board the Barkley in 2012 bandwagon.

feldspar
10-12-2010, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't say Fitz is a problem. He isn't a PB QB but he is not a problem. If he continues to produce like he has and we continue to lose then the problem will be everything but him.

Dude...what does a "PB" QB mean? What the hell does PB stand for? The only way that Fitzpatrick will continue to "produce" like he has is if he continues to face the bottom-of-the-line passing defenses or can skew his stats enough when we fall behind enough for the opposing team to GIVE him some stats. Or, maybe we'll actually win some games with him if the defense gives him 4 or more turnovers, which has been the case in all of his wins in Buffalo.

In other words, I would say that Fitz is a problem. Take the blinders off. Rooting for him is one thing: I do that, too, but see it for what it is...or what it has been.

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Dude...what does a "PB" QB mean? What the hell does PB stand for? The only way that Fitzpatrick will continue to "produce" like he has is if he continues to face the bottom-of-the-line passing defenses or can skew his stats enough when we fall behind enough for the opposing team to GIVE him some stats. Or, maybe we'll actually win some games with him if the defense gives him 4 or more turnovers, which has been the case in all of his wins in Buffalo.

In other words, I would say that Fitz is a problem. Take the blinders off. Rooting for him is one thing: I do that, too, but see it for what it is...or what it has been.
PB means Pro Bowl. And if our defense played decent football and our special teams went back to being a top 5 unit we could win with Fitz. That is what I mean by he is not a problem. He is doing enough right now at QB for us to win games.

That doesn't mean I don't want a top QB in the draft.

feldspar
10-12-2010, 01:38 PM
PB means Pro Bowl. And if our defense played decent football and our special teams went back to being a top 5 unit we could win with Fitz. That is what I mean by he is not a problem. He is doing enough right now at QB for us to win games.

That doesn't mean I don't want a top QB in the draft.

PB means Pro Bowl...I'll put that in my pocket.

Did you read my post, though? People like Rivers or Manning make up for their team's deficiencies to make them competitive. Fitz never will. Like you just said, maybe accidentally, is that he needs a whole bunch of help to win...he needs other people to win the game while he is just there. He's a wet noodle. He can't make the difference in a game. He's doing crap right now. Look at the match-ups. Wait and see how he looks against Baltimore. Has he EVER come through in the clutch and without a ridiculous amount of help?

Forward_Lateral
10-12-2010, 01:50 PM
In terms of problems of this team, Fitz is close to, if not least of the problems.

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
PB means Pro Bowl...I'll put that in my pocket.

Did you read my post, though? People like Rivers or Manning make up for their team's deficiencies to make them competitive. Fitz never will. Like you just said, maybe accidentally, is that he needs a whole bunch of help to win...he needs other people to win the game while he is just there. He's a wet noodle. He can't make the difference in a game. He's doing crap right now. Look at the match-ups. Wait and see how he looks against Baltimore. Has he EVER come through in the clutch and without a ridiculous amount of help?
Nix said it best. If you don't have a PBer at a position then it can be upgraded. I don't think our defense has to do ridiculous things for us to win with Fitz. If they limited teams to 25 points we would have 2 or 3 wins by now, that is not asking much.

Fitz is not a franchise QB but he has done enough to win games. Our defense has been so bad that it doesn't matter what is happening on offense.

Forward_Lateral
10-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Mahdi. This Defense is MILES away from being good enough to help this team win games.

Forget about the points allowed. I'd start with the constant inability to stop the run, and even the pass for that matter. Then I'd go to the not being able to get off the field on 3rd down problem.

Do you realize that Jax didn't punt Sunday. Jacksonville. Didn't. Punt.
The only thing worse than that would be if Drew Bledsoe was QB for the Jags and scrambled for 100 yards. Heck, he might be able to.

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Mahdi. This Defense is MILES away from being good enough to help this team win games.

Forget about the points allowed. I'd start with the constant inability to stop the run, and even the pass for that matter. Then I'd go to the not being able to get off the field on 3rd down problem.

Do you realize that Jax didn't punt Sunday. Jacksonville. Didn't. Punt.
The only thing worse than that would be if Drew Bledsoe was QB for the Jags and scrambled for 100 yards. Heck, he might be able to.
Where did I disagree with what you are saying. In fact that was my point. Our defense is shocking.

My only point is that if our defense was playing even decent football Fitz would be doing enough at QB to win us games. Our offense would be more balanced for 4 quarters instead of being in catch up mode in the 4th quarter and abandoning the run game.

feldspar
10-12-2010, 02:36 PM
he has done enough to win games.

LOL, if you believe that, I can't help you.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-12-2010, 02:41 PM

Fitz is part of the problem. He certainly is not the solution which some around here seem to be suggesting. :bedard:

Forward_Lateral
10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Where did I disagree with what you are saying. In fact that was my point. Our defense is shocking.

My only point is that if our defense was playing even decent football Fitz would be doing enough at QB to win us games. Our offense would be more balanced for 4 quarters instead of being in catch up mode in the 4th quarter and abandoning the run game.

I know you don't disagree, but it's not a one or two player fix.

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 02:44 PM
LOL, if you believe that, I can't help you.
The offense put up 30 on the Pats and 26 on the Jags. That's 2 games that could have been won if the defense can stop anything.

Fitz had 3 TDs on Sunday. That means he did enough to win. What is so hard to understand?

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 02:45 PM
I know you don't disagree, but it's not a one or two player fix.
Where did I say it was a 1 or 2 player fix? This team needs clearly needs a lot more than that.

EDS
10-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Nix said it best. If you don't have a PBer at a position then it can be upgraded. I don't think our defense has to do ridiculous things for us to win with Fitz. If they limited teams to 25 points we would have 2 or 3 wins by now, that is not asking much.

Fitz is not a franchise QB but he has done enough to win games. Our defense has been so bad that it doesn't matter what is happening on offense.

Let us keep in mind that some of the Bills points have been in garbage time so we cannot necessarily take that as an indication of any ability to score late in a competitive game.

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Let us keep in mind that some of the Bills points have been in garbage time so we cannot necessarily take that as an indication of any ability to score late in a competitive game.
We were in the game till the end against NE and same with Jax.

The reason we're in garbage time every week is because the defense can't stop the run. They are on the field so long and our offense doesn't get enough opportunities. Yet they still produce.

Who knows what the offense could do if we aren't having to abandon the run in the 4th quarter.

feldspar
10-12-2010, 03:10 PM
The offense put up 30 on the Pats and 26 on the Jags. That's 2 games that could have been won if the defense can stop anything.

Fitz had 3 TDs on Sunday. That means he did enough to win. What is so hard to understand?

What you don't seem to understand is that we played two of the worst passing defenses in the league in those games. The Jags have allowed more passing yards per attempt than any other team prior to that game...over 9 yards per attempt. Like I said, look at the match-ups.

justasportsfan
10-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Fitz is not a problem but he isn't the answer at qb either. Just like Frank Reich. In other words, a back up.

We need a franchise qb who can win you games.

Mahdi
10-12-2010, 04:05 PM
What you don't seem to understand is that we played two of the worst passing defenses in the league in those games. The Jags have allowed more passing yards per attempt than any other team prior to that game...over 9 yards per attempt. Like I said, look at the match-ups.
You're still missing the point. It is irrelevant how bad the defenses were. My point is that if the defense played at a decent level we would have 2 wins right now.

Do we need a franchise QB? yes. And Fitz is not that guy but he is also not the reason we are 0-5.

NextbillsQB
10-12-2010, 04:43 PM

Name one player that has done better than Fitz?

SABURZFAN
10-12-2010, 04:44 PM
33 TDs, 9 INTs, 2776 yds, 61 cpt, 100 QB rating

Im not really a Fitzpatrick fan but hes doing well with a suck ass O

and 0-14 as a starter. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!

Mad Max
10-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Sign him NOW before someone comes and swoops him away from us.

Because by my math if Kelsay is worth $24 Million, then based on play Fitzy deserves a $96 Million Dollar 16 year contract.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Sign him NOW before someone comes and swoops him away from us.

Because by my math if Kelsay is worth $24 Million, then based on play Fitzy deserves a $96 Million Dollar 16 year contract.

somebody please delete this before it becomes a reality. :ill:

NextbillsQB
10-12-2010, 05:15 PM

Actually I think even with those games so far this season, he has a winning career record

JD
10-12-2010, 05:38 PM
The majority of his yards have come in good ole garbage time, he still sucks.

Don't Panic
10-12-2010, 08:01 PM
do the math after you factor in the ravens game. i don't think it'll be quite as good then.

At least he won't curl up into a ball like some of our previous QBs would have... he may be average at best, but I fell like he's at least an actual football player. Its hard to win games when you have to score 30+ points every week to get the W. I'd be more than happy with him as Andrew Luck's backup next year.

Stewie
10-12-2010, 08:09 PM
fitz does not have a winning career record. I like fitz a lot, but he's not going to fix his accuracy issues. If he was more consistent, he could be great. But he's not, so he's not.

Neither is he our biggest problem, by far.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Let's quit screwing around with Fitz. Put the kid in.

Michael82
10-13-2010, 01:43 AM
I can't believe how many people think that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good enough starter to ignore QBs in the 1st round next year. He's a good backup and that's all he will ever be. Sure his stats look nice...but it's not telling the whole story. Some of his passes last week were atrocious and even that one long completion to Roscoe Parrish...he almost got Roscoe Killed, when he leaped in the air for it.

I also don't get excited about his stats because of how a bunch of it was in garbage time or against horrible defenses, like the Pats and Jags. I want to see what he does against the Ravens before I get excited about him...but he's still NOT the answer at QB. and I still want a QB like Mallett, Luck or Locker in the 1st round.

jamze132
10-13-2010, 03:34 AM
I can't believe how many people think that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good enough starter to ignore QBs in the 1st round next year. He's a good backup and that's all he will ever be. Sure his stats look nice...but it's not telling the whole story. Some of his passes last week were atrocious and even that one long completion to Roscoe Parrish...he almost got Roscoe Killed, when he leaped in the air for it.

I also don't get excited about his stats because of how a bunch of it was in garbage time or against horrible defenses, like the Pats and Jags. I want to see what he does against the Ravens before I get excited about him...but he's still NOT the answer at QB. and I still want a QB like Mallett, Luck or Locker in the 1st round.
I'm just looking at the big picture right now if and I think both lines are ****ed more than the QB position. Everyone knows Fitz isn't the answer, the lines are. If the nations top DE is a projected top 3 pick, you have to consider drafting him over a QB.

Michael82
10-13-2010, 07:35 AM
I'm just looking at the big picture right now if and I think both lines are ****ed more than the QB position. Everyone knows Fitz isn't the answer, the lines are. If the nations top DE is a projected top 3 pick, you have to consider drafting him over a QB.
I'm sorry, but we need a QB more.

RoscoeMagic
10-13-2010, 09:49 AM
If we draft a QB, I am comfortable in letting him sit a few weeks behind Fitz till he's ready.

RoscoeMagic
10-13-2010, 09:51 AM

Wow, some guys can't win.

Last year he had a winning record but put up poor stats and people bashed him saying he didn't win the games cause he sucked.

Now he puts up good numbers and loses and some people blame him for not winning?

Can't have it both ways folks.