PDA

View Full Version : What's a bigger liability? Defense or Offense?

Forward_Lateral
10-12-2010, 08:28 AM
At this point in the season, I'd have never guessed the Defense would be miles further from being competent than the Offense is. Seriously. Fitzpatrick as QB? This rag-tag O-line? No-name Wrs and TEs. Cutting your starting QB and trading your starting RB and the Offense isn't the worst problem?

WE all knew there'd be some growing pains on Defense, but these are more than that. Giving up 200 yards plus on the ground and 30 plus points per game in almost every game is pathetic. 3-4, 4-3, it doesn't matter, they flat out stink. The problem is, the Defense needs an entire make over. There are maybe 2 or 3guys on the D who should be starting. The rest are backups, at best.

The offense is only a few pieces (tackles and a starting caliber QB) away from being good enough to win games.

jamze132
10-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Better stop venting or that hydrosmak kid will get on your case.

Dujek
10-12-2010, 08:58 AM
With any sort of solid defense the Bills would be 2-3 right now instead of 0-5.

Losing games where you put up 30 and then 26 points is criminal.

justasportsfan
10-12-2010, 09:03 AM
I kinda figured D would struggle but not this badly. Gailey is an offensive minded coach who's had some success in the past. You know that he would concentrate on the offense. Problem is, he hired an unkown position coach to handle the entire D. While Jauron was at the mercy of his OC's in making the O work, Gailey is at the mercy of Edwards.

psubills62
10-12-2010, 10:56 AM
I kinda figured D would struggle but not this badly. Gailey is an offensive minded coach who's had some success in the past. You know that he would concentrate on the offense. Problem is, he hired an unkown position coach to handle the entire D. While Jauron was at the mercy of his OC's in making the O work, Gailey is at the mercy of Edwards.

While at this point I'm questioning Gailey's offensive prowess, he should still be able to tell Edwards what he wants to see. After all, Gailey should have an idea of how difficult defenses work, as he has to gameplan against them. It doesn't take a defensive genius to tell Edwards to try disguising blitzes and coverages once in a while.

DynaPaul
10-12-2010, 11:05 AM
If we had some creativity on defense it would be a little better. Also, we don't have enough quality linebackers to make this 3 - 4 work. We'd be better off going back to a 4 - 3 Tampa 2.

Saratoga Slim
10-12-2010, 11:55 AM
I fully expected the defense to be really bad this year. We drafted two defensive lineman to address the weakness along the DL. young DLs don't typically contribute. We're making do with 4-3 linebackers and an average DE or two in a 3-4 scheme. Batten may have been a pleasant surprise at OLB, but we won't know until next year. Moats is changing positions. The secondary is changing their game from dropping into deep zone coverage into a lot more man to man, bump & run etc.

I'm not at all surprised. However, if we go 1-15 (we'll get a win sometime) without improvement in defense as the season goes on, look for Gailey to stay and Edwards to hit the road in favor of a new DC.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2010, 04:54 PM
the owner is the biggest liability to this team. he only cares about lining his pockets with money.

billz83
10-13-2010, 12:02 AM
i dunno how anyone thought this defense would be decent we were like the WORST run defense in the league..in the offseason we literally did NOTHING to fix this..and SUPRISE we still cant stop the run..hahaha..but i definitely agree when our offense is this bad and yet the game is lost because of the defense is just ridiculous..this is what happens when an entire offseason is ignored.