PDA

View Full Version : this season was inevitable

djjimkelly
10-12-2010, 09:41 AM
when you miss on almost every draft pick for 10 years.

when you have a bunch of cover 2 junk on D

this is what happens.

my only thing is why cant we embrace this season it is what it is.

people forget buddy when leaving for SD with butler and smith did the exact same thing we are doing.

they purged the roster drafted vick #1 traded him to falcons got several extra picks including brees in round 2.

now is exactly that gonna happen probably not.

however what is happening is the best possible thing for this franchise.

maybe ralph in his presser last year when stating we need "luck" knew that this is what was gonna happen lose out the draft luck.

whether its luck or mallet this franchise needs a qb once you have that other FA's will find this to be a desirable destination.

we are doing what is best for the bills not in 2010 but best for the long term success of this franchise!!!!

EDS
10-12-2010, 09:52 AM
The best for the long term health of the franchise is to get a good GM and let him clean house.

RoscoeMagic
10-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Let me ask again since no one ever gives me an answer.

CJ Spiller will be burned out in 6 years as speed RBs usually do. How is that best for the long-term success of the franchise?

djjimkelly
10-12-2010, 10:02 AM

CJ Spiller will be burned out in 6 years as speed RBs usually do. How is that best for the long-term success of the franchise?

i didnt agree with the spiller pick however if and i say a huge if we get the top qb in the draft next year then start builiding the lines in 2 to 3 years the qb will be clicking spiller will be a huge asset at that point.

spiller has a similar skill set to LT he could be productive for 10 years

yes i know this is a very optimistic view but what else do i have as a bills fans expect to think eventually we will be relevant again

Beebe's Kid
10-12-2010, 10:05 AM

Let somebody answer you again...do you think there is any reason he is not carrying the ball 25 times per game?????

Why would you kill the guy that is going to be your playmaker for years to come, to get a win or two?

Beebe's Kid
10-12-2010, 10:14 AM
The best for the long term health of the franchise is to get a good GM and let him clean house.
That's what we're doing.

It's not fast enough for you, but that's exactly what is going on.

It is funny how everybody says we need to "clean house," we are cleaning house, and it's going over like a lead balloon.

What is even funnier, is that all of the people *****ing about it "knew" what was going to happen this year.

Our patience will pay off...does that mean we win the Super Bowl in two years? I hope so, but I won't jump over the falls if it doesn't happen. We will be much more competitive, and have direction as a franchise. That I believe.

All of the "realists" that "knew" what was happening keep thinking we should have been better than last year. I am a homer, and would have loved nothing better than 8-8, but long term it would have been the same ****.

This team was very poorly constructed, and needed a tear down. This couldn't have happened at a worse time with the CBA, but there was no better time than immediately.

We're getting what we wanted, unless you were hoping to shoot for .500 every year, as a high end goal. This team was not a couple pieces away, and the direction was horrible. Nix takes the heat, and I'm sure he's fine with that. The same people that give him ****, would have given him **** in three years when we were still playing .500 football.

I bet if you keep whining, though, that it will change right away...

madness
10-12-2010, 10:49 AM
It's frustrating to see how fans are reacting when we all should have seen this was coming. Now everybody is blaming Nix, Gailey, singling out players, etc. just to vent.

Nix's plan is effect no matter how many shortsighted Bills fans fail to see it.

Spiller - Sure there's disappointment at this stage in the season but he was stuck behind Jackson/Lynch and he's still a work in progress when it comes to the passing game. People are quick to compare him to Percy Harvin but he was already an accomplished receiver before he became Florida's starting RB his Jr. season. Spiller will finally get more carries now that Lynch is gone but how much of that is going to be inhibited by our defense? They can't get off the field and when they can, we are already playing from behind.

*Spiller leads the league in KR avg. over all players with more than 20 returns.

Troup - He has been getting more reps and Sunday showed he's on the right track as he had 3 solo tackles and an assist

Carrington, Moats & Coleman are also starting to steal more and more reps and I believe we'll even see even more of Moats when he comes back from injury. (Maybin is definitely on his way out unless he steps it up big time as he was called out by Gailey today)

Undrafted FA's - Nelson, Howard, Coleman are all exceeding expectations

DynaPaul
10-12-2010, 11:14 AM
This season is one long tryout for who's gonna make it here next year and who isn't. It's that simple. Think of it as pre-season lasting for 20 games.

Historian
10-12-2010, 11:15 AM
...This just in....CJ Spiller has been traded to the New England Partiots in exchange for Bill Belicek's 2001 playbook and camcorder!

Details to follow!

Historian
10-12-2010, 11:18 AM
All kidding aside, I think they're unloading all the big salaries for picks in order to be way under the cap once the new CBA is in place.

It WILL have a rookie cap.

So we spend a dozen and a half picks on guys that are going to save us in the first place, including the next QB.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Evans, Whitner, Stroud and a host of other non producing vets sent packing.

Bangarang
10-12-2010, 11:28 AM
I completely expected us to not compete this year. I completely expected us to be one of the worst teams (if not the worst) in football. I completely expected us to get a top 3 pick in the draft (most likely #1). I've only been a fan of this team for about 3 years so I'm not as torn about this as other long time fans are.

I'm prepared to wait it out and see what happens. At the end of the day, regardless of how bad we are, I still enjoy watching the team play on Sundays.

Billz_fan
10-12-2010, 11:33 AM
So has anyone started working on what the reason is next year when the team still blows ??

Is that gonna be part of the plan also ?

I would just like to know ahead of time what Im supposed to expect for next season.

If any of you need help I will tell you. This team is going no where next year either.

The year after that will be Chan and Buddy's 3rd year do they win then ?? If they do not they will be run out of town like all the rest. Chan will be sporting a a winning pct. of about .125 and his coaching career will be done for good like it should have been before the Bills decided to hire him when no one else would coach here.

So there you have it. Chan and Buddy will go into year 3 with only a small hand full of wins. Year 3 will be the make it or break year.

Then guess what happens ?? we start over again :laughter:

EDS
10-12-2010, 11:33 AM
That's what we're doing.

It's not fast enough for you, but that's exactly what is going on.

It is funny how everybody says we need to "clean house," we are cleaning house, and it's going over like a lead balloon.

What is even funnier, is that all of the people *****ing about it "knew" what was going to happen this year.

Our patience will pay off...does that mean we win the Super Bowl in two years? I hope so, but I won't jump over the falls if it doesn't happen. We will be much more competitive, and have direction as a franchise. That I believe.

All of the "realists" that "knew" what was happening keep thinking we should have been better than last year. I am a homer, and would have loved nothing better than 8-8, but long term it would have been the same ****.

This team was very poorly constructed, and needed a tear down. This couldn't have happened at a worse time with the CBA, but there was no better time than immediately.

We're getting what we wanted, unless you were hoping to shoot for .500 every year, as a high end goal. This team was not a couple pieces away, and the direction was horrible. Nix takes the heat, and I'm sure he's fine with that. The same people that give him ****, would have given him **** in three years when we were still playing .500 football.

I bet if you keep whining, though, that it will change right away...

By cleaning house I mean the front office needs to be completely gutted, not reshuffled like they did by promoting Buddy Nix. Once a solid GM is in place they can draft properly and get some decent coaches.

Saratoga Slim
10-12-2010, 11:49 AM
So has anyone started working on what the reason is next year when the team still blows ??

Is that gonna be part of the plan also ?

I would just like to know ahead of time what Im supposed to expect for next season.

If any of you need help I will tell you. This team is going no where next year either.

The year after that will be Chan and Buddy's 3rd year do they win then ?? If they do not they will be run out of town like all the rest. Chan will be sporting a a winning pct. of about .125 and his coaching career will be done for good like it should have been before the Bills decided to hire him when no one else would coach here.

So there you have it. Chan and Buddy will go into year 3 with only a small hand full of wins. Year 3 will be the make it or break year.

Then guess what happens ?? we start over again :laughter:

Everyone in Tampa was ready to fire Raheem Morris last year after a 3-13 season. They're sitting pretty at 3-1 at the moment.

Just saying....it IS possible to turn things around after a total rebuilding season.

Billz_fan
10-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Everyone in Tampa was ready to fire Raheem Morris last year after a 3-13 season. They're sitting pretty at 3-1 at the moment.

Just saying....it IS possible to turn things around after a total rebuilding season.

I just moved to MA after living in Tampa for 10 years and the fans there were not ready to fire him so I don't know where this is coming from. I never even read in any paper whether it be the St Pete Times or the Tampa Trib that his job was in trouble. Never heard it on the local news either.

Also Jauron started a season at 5-0 so 3-1 means nothing :laughter:

Billz_fan
10-12-2010, 12:04 PM

Also there was no total rebuilding season in Tampa. Gruden got fired after going 9-7 and then Morris went 3-13 so your last statement is totally off base as there was no total rebuilding season. The 3-13 record was just a debacle in between QB's.