PDA

View Full Version : Dear Buddy Nix

T-Long
10-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Dear Buddy Nix,

I write this letter to you following the Bills fifth straight loss and their first 0-5 start since the 80’s. I have a few things I would like to address to you before this season gets any worse.

FULL STORY (http://blogblitz.nfl.com/buffalo-bills/entry/dear_buddy_nix)

RoscoeMagic
10-12-2010, 09:56 AM
"I respect your honesty and your knack for holding people accountable since you have come here."

He isn't honest. He was silent for over a month to start the season.

He only holds who he wants accountable. Picks and chooses. His butt buddies like Cornell Green, Reggie Torbor and Chris Kelsay aren't held accountable.

Just a beef...

malo
10-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Dear buddy nix,

The team is worse now than when you started.

'Nuff said.

DesertFox24
10-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Wow I know as bills fans it has been awhile but you guys really need to wake up and smell the roses.

WE HAVE TO GET MORE TALENT TO GET BETTER. They are working with tampa 2 personal and trying to get them to play a 34, translation not going to happen.

Our OL is not doing well, we are not getting a pass rush, and can not stop the run because of our light defense. Our Front 7's inabilities are making our secondary look horrible. We have the wrong people covering TEs.

There is no quick fix, as Jerry Sullivan said bottoming out might be best thing to happen.

DesertFox24
10-12-2010, 10:12 AM
This team is going to draft QB and then either go OL or Defensive front 7 for the rest of the picks.

I also look for us to either trade players or move down to acquire more picks. We need to hit on a lot of picks and need more 3-5 round picks.

T-Long
10-12-2010, 05:28 PM
keep the comments coming guys. Agree or disagree with my points?

Billz_fan
10-12-2010, 05:34 PM
This team is going to draft QB and then either go OL or Defensive front 7 for the rest of the picks.

All information that everyone knew last year yet it went untouched in draft, FA, etc etc.

Billz_fan
10-12-2010, 05:36 PM
keep the comments coming guys. Agree or disagree with my points?

Im good with it, you may have gone a bit easy on him but as they say you collect more flys with sugar than lemon. :D or something like that :laughter:

T-Long
10-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Im good with it, you may have gone a bit easy on him but as they say you collect more flys with sugar than lemon. :D or something like that :laughter:
haha I get hammered last week for being too harsh, now I'm being too easy.

I can't win!!!! :cheers:

Billz_fan
10-12-2010, 06:58 PM
haha I get hammered last week for being too harsh, now I'm being too easy.

I can't win!!!! :cheers:

Nah, your doing well. Besides, your the one that knows the parameters you have to work within. It's always good to try and be as objective as possible and sometimes take the other side of the coin. Keep looking at it from different angles I suppose.

Yasgur's Farm
10-12-2010, 07:18 PM

I also look for us to either trade players or move down to acquire more picks. We need to hit on a lot of picks and need more 3-5 round picks.
1) Fitz is playing well... AND WE'RE STILL GETTING OUR ASSES RUN OVER! We absolutely need Luck with our 1st (IMO Mallet or Locker will not due)... But we gotta invest the next 3 picks in front 7 D guys.

2) There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't get 4 or even 5 solid contributors in the 2011 draft... Especially with Seatle's 4th to throw in the mix.

3) In addition to the 4 or 5 from the draft, we need to target and land 2 or 3 solid starters (studs & players not Greens & Torbors) from FA.

That's a 6-8 player swing in 2011... That addresses most, if not all, of our needs... 2-3 on O and 4-5 on D. That alone should make us competative (9 wins minimum). 2012 will solidify and fine tune.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-12-2010, 08:11 PM
FULL STORY (http://blogblitz.nfl.com/buffalo-bills/entry/dear_buddy_nix)

Too bad Nix is too bull headed to heed this gentleman's advise. Blame Nix for our QB, OL situation. Blame Gailey for losing the team after only 5 games.:darth:

EDS
10-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Dear Buddy: Please retire and allow the franchise to hire a real GM.

bf1
10-12-2010, 09:10 PM
It's really cute to read all of the high hopes. Buddy Nix will likely approach the off-season and draft with the same intensity as last. The needs were clear, and he did nothing. Now we have the same needs and more. I expect more Nix blundering.

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Dear Buddy. demote george edwards now. he is awful.

jamze132
10-13-2010, 03:40 AM
Why would anyone be calling for Nix's resignation already?

jamze132
10-13-2010, 03:40 AM
Nice piece T-Long

EDS
10-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Why would anyone be calling for Nix's resignation already?

Because either (i) he does not have the authority to do the job correctly or (ii) he does not have the ability to be a functioning GM. He does not appear to have the vision to get the job done in Buffalo. Maybe I am wrong, and it would great if Buddy proved me to be wrong, but every decision he has made so far strikes me as the wrong one.

madness
10-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Dear Buddy, Stay the course! I see your drafts picks are slowly starting to steal reps from the current talent(less) on Sundays which hopefully means it's happening more frequently in the practice setting. You're not going to fill every hole overnight so please continue fill as many as you can without the expense of talent. Multiple picks are only worth it if you use them to try and trade up while targeting players that will help change this losing culture.

RoscoeMagic
10-13-2010, 09:47 AM
1) Fitz is playing well... AND WE'RE STILL GETTING OUR ASSES RUN OVER! We absolutely need Luck with our 1st (IMO Mallet or Locker will not due)... But we gotta invest the next 3 picks in front 7 D guys.

2) There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't get 4 or even 5 solid contributors in the 2011 draft... Especially with Seatle's 4th to throw in the mix.

3) In addition to the 4 or 5 from the draft, we need to target and land 2 or 3 solid starters (studs & players not Greens & Torbors) from FA.

That's a 6-8 player swing in 2011... That addresses most, if not all, of our needs... 2-3 on O and 4-5 on D. That alone should make us competative (9 wins minimum). 2012 will solidify and fine tune.
Of course that's what we should do. But we won't because it would have happened already last year if Nix had any idea how to run a team. 1 year already wasted = 0 faith in Nix.

bf1
10-13-2010, 12:24 PM
here are my thoughts on Nix:
http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=196984

jamze132
10-14-2010, 06:44 AM
So people are angry with Nix and think he should be fired. Even if Cowher were here right now, we would probably still be 0-5 because of our obvious lack of talent and not to mention we have NO ONE really capable of playing a 3-4 defense. Relax, give it some time.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-14-2010, 06:57 AM
I like Nix. He has a plan. Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say.