PDA

View Full Version : Ellis released

hydro
10-11-2010, 11:43 AM
per Vtext.

M
10-11-2010, 11:46 AM
:confused: yet (inactive) McCargo is still on the team.

mikemac2001
10-11-2010, 11:47 AM
they gave him a shot to say the least guess he didn't improve

kinda a shocker but just another wasted pick

Pinkerton Security
wowwww wtf...mccargo is worthless and ellis had a good camp..this one is puzzling.

RockStar36
I was told McCargo would be released. WTF.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2010, 11:50 AM
I was hoping Maybin was getting released.

bigbub2352
10-11-2010, 11:50 AM
another 3rd round bust....McCargo prob stayed cause of the health of Marcus Stroud..just a guess

man we cant draft for ****

Nighthawk
10-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Funny thing is, he's played better then Kelsay, but Kelsay gets an extension. Yeah, things are still messed up at One Bills Drive.

realdealryan
10-11-2010, 11:53 AM
wowwww wtf...mccargo is worthless and ellis had a good camp..this one is puzzling.

Ellis is terrible. /puzzle solved

I was told McCargo would be released. WTF.
he'll be gone, too

malo
10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
I was hoping poz would be released

ZAZusmc03
10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm just surprised by this move because of how weak we are at linebacker. I know Ellis isn't very good, but still surprising nonetheless

Nighthawk
10-11-2010, 11:57 AM
I was hoping poz would be released

Stupid...just stupid thinking.

Beebe's Kid
10-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Stupid...just stupid thinking.

He's just opening the door for his Poz rant. It will be awesome...we should ditch Whitner and Poz...then nobody will tackle.

YardRat
10-11-2010, 12:26 PM
He fell out of favor rather quickly.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Funny thing is, he's played better then Kelsay, but Kelsay gets an extension. Yeah, things are still messed up at One Bills Drive.

another dumb move by the f.o.

Mr. Pink
10-11-2010, 12:28 PM
It's not like Ellis is any good either.

Only shocking because there are still guys worse than him on this team.

Michael82
10-11-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm surprised by this move. He had a good camp and good summer and isn't the worst LB on this team. I would have rather seen someone else that sucks cut.

DynaPaul
10-11-2010, 12:34 PM

But Kelsay is a "leader" and a "core guy". Yeah, a core guy to the losing culture prevalent in this organization.

Dujek
10-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Really don't understand this one.

Still, it's not like he was going to set the world on fire.

Dr. Lecter
10-11-2010, 01:01 PM
another 3rd round bust....McCargo prob stayed cause of the health of Marcus Stroud..just a guess

man we cant draft for ****
Yeah, Stroud was limping pretty heavily at times on Sunday.

patmoran2006
10-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Clearly, I was wrong about this move, I was told McCargo would be gone. .Im a big boy, so blast away, I deserve it.. You want the credit when your right, take the beating when yer wrong.

Having said that, I still do not think McCargo is on this team in 2 weeks when they play again. Thought he was nelson's route back on the roster, but it didn't happen like that at all.

Thief
10-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Clearly, I was wrong about this move, I was told McCargo would be gone. .Im a big boy, so blast away, I deserve it.. You want the credit when your right, take the beating when yer wrong.

Having said that, I still do not think McCargo is on this team in 2 weeks when they play again. Thought he was nelson's route back on the roster, but it didn't happen like that at all.I think you took a random guess when you heard a lineman was signed to the practice squad.

Oaf
10-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Speaks pretty low of Ellis if he wasn't able to beat the likes of Torbor, Ayodell, Kelsay, and hell, Moats for playing time. Maybe that's why; OBD realized he couldn't.

patmoran2006
10-11-2010, 01:27 PM
I think you took a random guess when you heard a lineman was signed to the practice squad.
Actually, that's not the case at all. I put that out beforehand. Having said that, wrong is wrong, and I was wrong (still think something happens with McCargo soon though)

Moving past all that, I think this is a terrible decision. Aaron Maybin better thank his lucky stars he has a first round draft pedigree and a lot more guaranteed money, because Ellis deserves the roster spot more than he does.

better days
10-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Actually, that's not the case at all. I put that out beforehand. Having said that, wrong is wrong, and I was wrong (still think something happens with McCargo soon though)

Moving past all that, I think this is a terrible decision. Aaron Maybin better thank his lucky stars he has a first round draft pedigree and a lot more guaranteed money, because Ellis deserves the roster spot more than he does.

I agree so far Maybin has done squat. Maybe they think he has more potential than Ellis to develop into a good player eventually.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2010, 01:43 PM
It was McCargo's luckiest day when he stumbled upon Ralph with the donkey, and took a couple of romantic pictures.

justasportsfan
10-11-2010, 01:45 PM
It was McCargo's luckiest day when he stumbled upon Ralph with the donkey, and took a couple of romantic pictures.

Kelsay has the video

psubills62
10-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Kelsay has the video

And a signed affidavit from the donkey.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Remember the goal of the season for Chan is to identify who can play and who can't. Exeption is given to those who hasn't played.

So Ellis has played a lot so far. Chan gets the idea of his ability and he's gone. Trent went the same way. Lynch went a similar route except they were able to get something in return.

I don't think Brohm is that far behind from playing regularly to be evaluated.

Oaf
10-11-2010, 01:53 PM
This guy started week 1 and has been responsible for 5 tackles and a sack (1/6th of our total, and all-star numbers for Bills players). How is this guy cut?

BillsWin
10-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Could be an injury we're not read in on. :idunno:

DraftBoy
10-11-2010, 02:07 PM
He's also our only OLB to register a sack as well this season.

Mahdi
10-11-2010, 02:09 PM
This is the part that is strange. Kelsay's ineptitude gets extended and Ellis gets cut.

billz83
10-11-2010, 02:13 PM
just proves the point this f***** organization CANT DRAFT FOR ****! supposedly nix was brought in for his genius drafting ability and yet we got spiller who isnt doing **** here mainly because hes not even the f***** starter so a blown 1st round draft choice..a 2nd rounder who obviously is making NO IMPACT what so ever..and a 3rd who isnt even PLAYING!!! great draft buddy!! the incompetence continues in this organization.

realdealryan
10-11-2010, 02:36 PM
I would think you'd claim Barnes at this point, with the Ravens our next opponent.

The unfunny part, is his 3 sacks in 11 appearances last year couldn't cut it in BAL. They would be leading our team by a healthy margin.

tampabay25690
10-11-2010, 02:45 PM

Having said that, I still do not think McCargo is on this team in 2 weeks when they play again. Thought he was nelson's route back on the roster, but it didn't happen like that at all.

Honestly when was the last time you were right???

John Doe
10-11-2010, 03:50 PM
There are a lot of bodies in line at outside linebacker. They obviously like Moats a lot better and maybe Coleman gets more action now too. Plus, Batten is on IR waiting for next year.

better days
10-11-2010, 04:05 PM
just proves the point this f***** organization CANT DRAFT FOR ****! supposedly nix was brought in for his genius drafting ability and yet we got spiller who isnt doing **** here mainly because hes not even the f***** starter so a blown 1st round draft choice..a 2nd rounder who obviously is making NO IMPACT what so ever..and a 3rd who isnt even PLAYING!!! great draft buddy!! the incompetence continues in this organization.

Yeah, if you call 2 TD's in 5 games **** with little playing time.

Or it could be your post is ****.

RoscoeMagic
10-11-2010, 06:35 PM
This doesn't make sense. Why we keep a scrub like Reggie Torbor and cut Ellis is mind-boggling. Not to mention the other 10 players who should be gone before him.

This is just another example of a regime thinking too highly of their "system" and their "own players". That's the only explanation for a cut like this. Whoever was involved in making the decision is stubborn. He's got 1 of our 6 sacks and is tied for the team lead in 1 start and limited playing time. Unbelievable. Worst LBers in the league and we cut one who was young and showed flashes. Great.

DraftBoy
10-11-2010, 06:45 PM
There are a lot of bodies in line at outside linebacker. They obviously like Moats a lot better and maybe Coleman gets more action now too. Plus, Batten is on IR waiting for next year.

I have nothing to go on but a hunch but I think they move Batten inside.

DrGraves
10-11-2010, 06:47 PM
ellis released to clear cap space to buy an O-line and D-line... oh wait we're already 40 mil under what the cap would hypothetically be. no wonder we are terrible

ParanoidAndroid
10-11-2010, 08:57 PM
This is a bit too early, but all that cap space could be used on a bumper crop of FA offensive linemen and possibly Kyle Orton... but since this thread is about the perceived effectiveness(ineffectiveness) of the Bills' brass, we all know nothing will \ get done to take advantage of that.

psubills62
10-11-2010, 09:00 PM
This is a bit too early, but all that cap space could be used on a bumper crop of FA offensive linemen and possibly Kyle Orton... but since this thread is about the perceived effectiveness(ineffectiveness) of the Bills' brass, we all know nothing will \ get done to take advantage of that.

Orton was signed to a 1-year extension through 2011. Also, there currently is no cap.

I'd like to see the money spent on good veterans, for sure. What is unsure is who will be available, especially with the CBA negotiations ongoing.

THRILLHO
10-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Maybe someone can clarify for me... I thought Nelson was suspended for four games, so why did we wait until after the fifth week to bring him back in?

chernobylwraiths
10-11-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm surprised by this move. He had a good camp and good summer and isn't the worst LB on this team. I would have rather seen someone else that sucks cut.

Edwards had a good camp and a good summer too.

Beebe's Kid
10-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah, if you call 2 TD's in 5 games **** with little playing time.

Or it could be your post is ****.

The post is ****...

jst LIKE all of hz RANTZ it tyme 2 use IGNORE

psubills62
10-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Maybe someone can clarify for me... I thought Nelson was suspended for four games, so why did we wait until after the fifth week to bring him back in?

He had had groin surgery at the beginning of the year, so they used a one-game exemption before bringing him back. Just means he probably wouldn't have contributed this past week.

mysticsoto
10-11-2010, 10:39 PM

Nix just got here. We've been incompetent at drafting for a decade now. I think that points to Modrak. How this guy still has a job is just as puzzling as Kelsay's extension and Ellis' release.

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2010, 12:06 AM
i think ellis played very well and i thought he was head over heals better than chris kelsay. complete bull**** that he was cut, IMO.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-12-2010, 01:47 AM
ellis cant stop the run, kelsay is average at stopping the run, thats why kelsay is still around.

EDS
10-12-2010, 07:55 AM
ellis cant stop the run, kelsay is average at stopping the run, thats why kelsay is still around.

The entire team is well below average in terms of ability to stop the run. This is no surprise as the team was putrid at run defense last year.

jamze132
10-12-2010, 08:48 AM
So no one on this message board or any other knows the real reason why Ellis was cut? Thought so.

Maybe Ellis has some issues with authority...

Maybe Ellis has poor work ethic...

Maybe Ellis just didn't want to be a Bill any longer...

Just because a player is cut doesn't always mean that the FO made a mistake. I know the Bills don't have a great recent track record but there is a new regime in town now and they are making changes.

mightysimi
10-12-2010, 11:38 AM
From the preseason and training camp he was good and stepped into start but is now cut? I'm not sure I follow this one. Or they realize they need to get some players with experience at LB.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article217773.ece

Nighthawk
10-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Wow...I didn't know this...Thanks!

mightysimi
10-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Wow...I didn't know this...Thanks!

Wow, sorry if you knew this already. Didn't see any other thread on it. Feel free to keep the sarcasm to yourself.

DBrown77
10-12-2010, 12:15 PM
yeah, i think its 2 days late

hydro
10-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Nah it was yesterday. I posted this thread.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=196912

mightysimi
10-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks. Didn't see it on the first page.

Bill Cody
10-12-2010, 12:50 PM

Ralph is too old to do anything with a donkey. Check that, Ralph IS the donkey.

ParanoidAndroid
10-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Orton was signed to a 1-year extension through 2011. Also, there currently is no cap.

I'd like to see the money spent on good veterans, for sure. What is unsure is who will be available, especially with the CBA negotiations ongoing.

Didn't get the Orton news.... the Bills will spend as if there will be a cap, because there will be one and they will not stap themselves. So, let's call it a virtual cap.
There is a nice list of offensive linemen whose contracts are due to expire after this season.

Ed
10-12-2010, 08:07 PM
I can't even be bothered to care anymore.