PDA

View Full Version : Jim Harbaugh hates the Bills? Jim Kelly?

Ginger Vitis
10-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Prior to 2000 I was only a casual fan so I don't know the story behind Harbaughs dislike of the Bills and Jim Kelly..What is the story behind his hatred?

The last buffalo fan
10-12-2010, 05:30 PM
he was Jim Kelly and Buffalo little ***** for so many years.

trapezeus
10-12-2010, 05:54 PM
is that true? he did play for the colts, but the colts were getting good with him as the bills were declining. i never heard such a story that he hates kelly and the bills.

Jaybird
10-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Prior to 2000 I was only a casual fan so I don't know the story behind Harbaughs dislike of the Bills and Jim Kelly..What is the story behind his hatred?

Where did you get this info??

Ingtar33
10-12-2010, 06:01 PM

There are several versions to this story... but i think this is basically what happened.

1) During Jim's playing days, Harbaugh came after Jimbo accusing Kent Hull and several other Bills of taking steroids... this is an interesting story because Harbaugh's Stanford team is pretty much rumored to be a steroid mill...

2) After Jimbo retired and tried his stripes in broadcasting Jimbo accused Harbaugh of "faking" injury to make people think he was tough for "coming back" into games, acting like a “Drama Queen”. He said all his faking does is make his linemen hate him, and that a real "tough guy" doesn't whine after being hit, but acts like it doesn't hurt.

3) They then had a physical fight... when Jim Harbaugh took a swing at Jimbo...

-as far as i know both men hate each other with a passion.

imbondz
10-12-2010, 06:02 PM
he was Jim Kelly and Buffalo little ***** for so many years.

lol

Mad Max
10-12-2010, 06:07 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/08/05/sports/pro-football-the-new-line-on-harbaugh-he-has-a-line.html

Apparently, Kelly talked some **** about Harbaugh not having heart. Harbaugh took umbrage and punched Kelly before a game, breaking his finger.

X-Era
10-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Jim Harbaugh wont be playing for the Bills.

Ginger Vitis
10-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Jim Harbaugh wont be playing for the Bills.

No.. But I'd like Harbaugh to coach them..lol

Ingtar33
10-12-2010, 06:21 PM
No.. But I'd like Harbaugh to coach them..lol

That will never happen for any price. I said this last offseason when his name came up.

BillsWin
10-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Harbaugh may have Luck's ear, but if the Bills are sitting at No. 1 overall and it means Luck makes millions, I doubt it really matters in the end. If Luck wants to come out, he'll come out and I hope the Bills get him.

Yasgur's Farm
10-12-2010, 06:55 PM
If Luck pulls an Eli Manning, we better have the nuts to draft him anyway... Chargers amde out like a bandit that draft and still got a franchise QB.

IAG
10-13-2010, 04:13 AM
That will never happen for any price. I said this last offseason when his name came up.

No he doesn't

ChristopherWalken
10-13-2010, 06:26 AM
Two versions to this story by the way.

Jim Kelly denies having ever been punched by Harbaugh.

TedMock
10-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Harbaugh was also on TV with a black eye and broken pinkie finger the week after. That only furthered speculation that an altercation occurred.

RockStar36
10-13-2010, 10:46 AM
He can have Luck's ear all he wants. JK isn't currently part of the Bills so I don't see why it matters. On top of that, if there's a lockout and Luck stays, guess who still owns the top pick?

DraftBoy
10-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Harbaugh and Luck are EXTREMELY close, do not be surprised if Harbaugh is involved in whether or not Andrew Luck leaves school early, we've seen plenty of players pass up millions to stay in school for one year or another.

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Harbaugh and Luck are EXTREMELY close, do not be surprised if Harbaugh is involved in whether or not Andrew Luck leaves school early, we've seen plenty of players pass up millions to stay in school for one year or another.

and then get hurt

DraftBoy
10-13-2010, 11:07 AM
and then get hurt

Didn't cost Bradford anything.

RockStar36
10-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Didn't cost Bradford anything.

How much did it cost Matt Leinart?

chernobylwraiths
10-13-2010, 11:09 AM
He can have Luck's ear all he wants. JK isn't currently part of the Bills so I don't see why it matters. On top of that, if there's a lockout and Luck stays, guess who still owns the top pick?

Jim Kelly will be a future owner of the Bills!

RockStar36
10-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Jim Kelly will be a future owner of the Bills!

I actually think there is some truth to that, but it isn't the case right now, so it's not really something that Harbaugh could tell Luck.

For the record - Harbaugh was a dramatic ******* when he played. Let's not forget this. I don't think JK was out of line to state that.

DynaPaul
10-13-2010, 11:17 AM
I remember the days when Harbaugh and the Colts were our personal whipping boys. I'm sure he still does hate us.

DraftBoy
10-13-2010, 11:21 AM
How much did it cost Matt Leinart?

About the same. Leinart was never going to be a top 5 pick, imo.

DraftBoy
10-13-2010, 11:22 AM

Is he not a informal part of the Bills though? I thought I read that he helps do some consulting stuff for the team.

Either way I dont think Harbaugh makes a clear distinction, though I agree with you as well about the kind of player Harbaugh was.

Ingtar33
10-13-2010, 11:39 AM
For the record - Harbaugh was a dramatic ******* when he played. Let's not forget this. I don't think JK was out of line to state that.

I agree with you... my jaw dropped when Kelly said it on TV... because you just don't say that. But he was right, Harbaugh was a Drama Queen when he played.. he did act like every time he was brushed by a DE he was hit with a howitzer and would limp back into the huddle as if every bone was breaking while the announcers would give him verbal bjs about what a tough guy he was to keep playing after getting touched by the DE...

chernobylwraiths
10-13-2010, 11:47 AM
I agree with you... my jaw dropped when Kelly said it on TV... because you just don't say that. But he was right, Harbaugh was a Drama Queen when he played.. he did act like every time he was brushed by a DE he was hit with a howitzer and would limp back into the huddle as if every bone was breaking while the announcers would give him verbal bjs about what a tough guy he was to keep playing after getting touched by the DE...

Kelly probably told him to try throwing punches with Marty Lyons while he is laying on top of you. Then see how tough you are.

Ed
10-13-2010, 12:27 PM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if this situation somehow ended up costing us Luck. Kelly may not have a position with the team, but he's still seems to be heavily involved and is still the most recognizable face of the whole franchise. Wasn't Kelly involved in showing Tebow around Buffalo last year?

If DraftBoy is right about Harbaugh and Luck being so close, which he most likely is, I could see this being an issue. Hopefully Harbaugh just hates Kelly though, and can distinguish between him and the Bills.

Bills73
10-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Mike Ditka still hates Jim Harbaugh......

McBFLO
10-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Kelly is also a Hall-of-Fame QB who I'm sure would be involved somewhere along the line, whoc could try and sell th team to Luck, if necessary. He could/would talk up the city of Buffalo and how great the fans are, etc... Harbaugh was just his college coach who was a mediocre QB in the NFL at best.

Demon
10-13-2010, 07:37 PM
If theres a threat of lockout, no underclassmen will enter the draft. And anyone with the smarts of Luck, definitely wouldn't. Why come out, get drafted, not get paid, and sit at home for a full year?