• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NextbillsQB
    Veteran Zoner
    • Jun 2010

Lee Evans has been our worst WR

As the number one WR for our team, hes had 180 yds and 1 TD. How horrible is that? You cant argue, well hes getting double covered or any of that. Hes just not that good lately. People say TO stole our money when Evans is getting 9 million a year, and TO was getting 6 million. I dont even have to show you the stat comparison because everyone knows. David Nelson, Steve Johnson, and Roscoe Parrish, none of them are great, well yet (all have the ability, but to young to tell), but all have shown alot more that Evans. I think we need to find a way to trade Evans. As long as we get a 2nd round pick, or at least a player and 3rd round pick, player the caliber of a Troy Smith or Vernon Gholston, then we need to do it. Where at a stage where Evans has been by far the worst WR so far, and we need picks. Evans capability and past will make him great trade bait, and we need to take advantage of that. In my last mock I had us taking AJ Green, which especially with a loss of Evans, it will make sense. AJ Green is big, strong, and fast, Evans is just fast. Evans cannot be thrown to unless wide open, even Nelson and Johnson, and well even Parrish have shown the ability to go up and get the ball. Our team is set up with WRs that can do 2 things. 1, go up and get the ball, 2, run after catch. Were a quick strike team, which requires these 2 basic functions which Evans has yet to prove he can do. Parrish, Johnson, and Nelson have all proved they can make short throws into huge gains, Evans has not. Were rebuilding and those 3 WRs will be part of this rebuilding no matter what, either Evans needs to break out in the coming weeks, or hes gone. People will now argue, well he has different QBs so often. Well as a WR, your job is to run a route and make a catch. It doesnt matter who the QB is, a different QB doesnt mean you cant get seperation when Edwards is in rather than Fitz. Get open, if your open the ball will get to you, its that simple.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Lee Evans has been our worst WR

so let me get this straight: you want a 2nd round pick, or a 3rd round pick and a player, for a guy who is our worst receiver and has a $9 million salary, after the Vikings just got Moss for a 3rd?

Yeah, that'll happen.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I love Madden!
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
        so let me get this straight: you want a 2nd round pick, or a 3rd round pick and a player, for a guy who is our worst receiver and has a $9 million salary, after the Vikings just got Moss for a 3rd?

Yeah, that'll happen.
        Right, the OP spends half of the post for this thread ripping Evans talking about how bad of a receiver he is, then turns around and says we should get a 2nd or 3rd rounder via trade. lol hilarious.

Comment

• NextbillsQB
          Veteran Zoner
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37

Yeah, that'll happen.

I explained this. Evans has had success in the past, he has alot of potential. Moss was an old WR and it was still a steal to get him for a 3rd for Min. Hes not built for our offense, which i also explained. If you read everything i said, i explained this already

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NextbillsQB
            As the number one WR for our team, hes had 180 yds and 1 TD. How horrible is that? You cant argue, well hes getting double covered or any of that. Hes just not that good lately. People say TO stole our money when Evans is getting 9 million a year, and TO was getting 6 million.
            TO has done more in 1 game this year than what Evans has done in 5.

Comment

• Thief
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              TO has done more in 1 game this year than what Evans has done in 5.
              And, they were about equal last year due to our QB, the system, and O-line. Your argument is in favor of Evans, not against. It just shows what a WR can do outside B-lo.

Comment

• NextbillsQB
                Veteran Zoner
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                Right, the OP spends half of the post for this thread ripping Evans talking about how bad of a receiver he is, then turns around and says we should get a 2nd or 3rd rounder via trade. lol hilarious.

I said as long as we do. Anything less no, but we should shop him. His history and his potential, and he is a named player, he can get a good pick for us. Roy Williams got traded for a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick. Evans is younger, and had a much better past then Roy Williams. Look at these stats

Evans

1st- 843 yds, 9 TDs
                2nd- 743 yds, 7 TDs
                3rd- 1292 yds, 8 TDs
                4th- 849, 5 TDs
                5th- 1017, 3 TDs
                6th- 612, 7 TDs

Williams

1st- 817, 8 TDs
                2nd- 687, 8 TDs
                3rd- 1310, 7 TDs
                4th- 836, 5 TDs
                5th- 520, 2 TDs
                6th- 596, 7 TDs

Comparing these 2, Evans actually has had a better history, and younger. Wouldnt you say now that we may be able to get what Roy williams gave up, statistically and on paper, probably more?

Just noticed that there same age. The year that he got traded through me off

Career numbers

Williams- 4594, 40 TDs

Evans- 5537, 40 TDs
                Last edited by NextbillsQB; 10-13-2010, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

I cannot believe what Im reading in this thread...

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

i just pooped myself

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                      • Sep 2008

I said as long as we do. Anything less no, but we should shop him. His history and his potential, and he is a named player, he can get a good pick for us. Roy Williams got traded for a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick. Evans is younger, and had a much better past then Roy Williams. Look at these stats

Evans

1st- 843 yds, 9 TDs
                      2nd- 743 yds, 7 TDs
                      3rd- 1292 yds, 8 TDs
                      4th- 849, 5 TDs
                      5th- 1017, 3 TDs
                      6th- 612, 7 TDs

Williams

1st- 817, 8 TDs
                      2nd- 687, 8 TDs
                      3rd- 1310, 7 TDs
                      4th- 836, 5 TDs
                      5th- 520, 2 TDs
                      6th- 596, 7 TDs

Comparing these 2, Evans actually has had a better history, and younger. Wouldnt you say now that we may be able to get what Roy williams gave up, statistically and on paper, probably more?
                      I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing with you. I'm just pointing out the literary contradiction of your statement. Here is why, if you think he isn't a very good receiver, or more importantly the Bills, or the rest of the league sees it as you do, what GM in his right mind would even give you a 2nd or 3rd for him?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

. Hes not built for our offense, which i also explained. If you read everything i said, i explained this already
                        He's not built for this offense because this offense doesn't have a qb that can make use of his talent. You find a qb that can.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                          i just pooped myself
                          Napkin? lol

Comment

• NextbillsQB
                            Veteran Zoner
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                            I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing with you. I'm just pointing out the literary contradiction of your statement. Here is why, if you think he isn't a very good receiver, or more importantly the Bills, or the rest of the league sees it as you do, what GM in his right mind would even give you a 2nd or 3rd for him?

We are not a down the field style team. If we keep Evans hes just going to continue to not get catches, and then hes not going to be any help to us, and his trade value will continue to go down. The WRs outside of Evans are perfect for our team, Evans is not.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                              • Sep 2008

We are not a down the field style team. If we keep Evans hes just going to continue to not get catches, and then hes not going to be any help to us, and his trade value will continue to go down. The WRs outside of Evans are perfect for our team, Evans is not.
                              Patriots gave up a 7th rounder plus Moss for a 3rd round selection. The difference between him and Evans has clearly been production on the field. Even though Lee is probably the most tradable asset on this team value wise, he isn't going to get much more than a 4th at this point. Then you have another hole to fill. The top WR role isn't like RB where you can just plug in anybody. In the end this team would lose more than it would gain by trading him. Unless your in favor of them trading down, selecting a WR in the first round, I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the trade Lee wagon. JMO

Comment

Working...
                              X