PDA

View Full Version : Why Nix Blows

bf1
10-13-2010, 12:24 PM
He oversaw the 2009 draft, which included Aaron Maybin (Hired as a National Scout for the Buffalo Bills on January 26, 2009).

He did virtually nothing to improve the team after hired as GM on 12/31/09. Unless you are impressed with:
LB Reggie Torbor
DE Dwan Edwards
LB Andra Davis
OT Cornell Green

How are they working out?

Given the needs, he drafted Spiller. Granted the kid looks like he has superstar talent, but to draft BPA is a luxury for good teams.

He mishandled the Lynch trade to some degree. Even though the result is ultimately the same, the handing of it was pretty sloppy as documented by reporters. He's not nicknamed "bumbling Buddy" for nothing.

Both Buddy and Chan needed to “see for themselves” the limitations of Trent Edwards (and the rest of the team for that matter) and completely ignoring what we've known all along. No excuse whatsoever in this area. This is what they’re supposed to be experts at.

He gave a contract extension to Chris Kelsay. One of the most underperfroming players on the defense. The move was to provide a model/leader for other players to follow. There is no wonder the team stinks if Kelsay is the model. On one hand they talk of eliminating the losing culture, on the other they perpetuate losing with this move.

The fact that he waiting until week 3 and 4 of this season to finally “get it” results in both lost time, and what’s obvious is the team got worse. You can't take a year off in the NFL. You'll get stampeded, which is obviously happening.

What has he done to improve the team? Please DO NOT mention “bottoming out” as that’s an excuse for losers. There is no reason Buddy Nix could not have started his “3 year plan” on day 1. By the way, since we’re almost a year in, I guess it was a 4 year plan all along? BS. There is no real plan. It's clear.

The writing is on the wall. We SHOULD NOT WAIT any longer before calling out this failure of a GM. Or else, 3 years from now we’ll be patiently waiting for another 3 year plan from another loser GM.

G Wolly
10-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks for joining the boards to repeat the same message.

P.S. Nice choice on the username

Bangarang
10-13-2010, 12:31 PM
And yet, if he hadn't of drafted Spiller and he goes on to be a star player in this league, people would be saying Nix is terrible for not drafting BPA.

And being hired as a scout and being the one making the draft pick are 2 different things.

bf1
10-13-2010, 12:33 PM
You are welcome G Wolly.

As I peruse other threads, there seem to be more people with confidence in Nix than otherwise. I'm just writing out my points as to why it's clear that Nix is in over his head.

bf1
10-13-2010, 12:33 PM
And yet, if he hadn't of drafted Spiller and he goes on to be a star player in this league, people would be saying Nix is terrible for not drafting BPA.

And being hired as a scout and being the one making the draft pick are 2 different things.

Do scouts make the recommendations?

RockStar36
10-13-2010, 12:35 PM
You are welcome G Wolly.

As I peruse other threads, there seem to be more people with confidence in Nix than otherwise. I'm just writing out my points as to why it's clear that Nix is in over his head.

Maybe if you give this opinion under 10 other usernames it will looks like tons of people agree with you!

bf1
10-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Maybe if you give this opinion under 10 other usernames it will looks like tons of people agree with you!

Write it up on your blog, so that 3 people will read it!

Bangarang
10-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Do scouts make the recommendations?

Do they make the picks?

bf1
10-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Do they make the picks?

Semantics. If I tell you Maybin is good, and you pick him, who is to blame?

Ed
10-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Why do people say drafting BPA is a luxury? We are a bad team with no talent. Drafting the best players we can isn't a luxury, it's a need. We desperately need good players all over the place, so why not draft the best players we can?

I think drafting for need to fill a hole is a luxury good teams can afford because they are talented everywhere else.

Nighthawk
10-13-2010, 12:39 PM

Hmmmm...if you're so new here, why would you make a shot at his blog? Sounds like a troll to me.

bf1
10-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Why do people say drafting BPA is a luxury? We are a bad team with no talent. Drafting the best players we can isn't a luxury, it's a need. We desperately need good players all over the place, so why not draft the best players we can?

I think drafting for need to fill a hole is a luxury good teams can afford because they are talented everywhere else.

Well bpa is a luxury if you use the pick on a position that's one of the only strengths. bpa usually involves ignoring need. Of course you'd take the best player available if they were a need.

bf1
10-13-2010, 12:43 PM
I create new usernames because there is a stigma attached to me personally. It's the mods that need to "out" me that keeps it going. They should just leave me alone and let me post anonymously.

RockStar36
10-13-2010, 12:45 PM

Maybe I will. Oh wait, I do. And I guess you're one of those people. I'm honored.

bf1
10-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Maybe I will. Oh wait, I do. And I guess you're one of those people. I'm honored.

Maybe the other 2 people think it's any good.

RockStar36
10-13-2010, 12:47 PM
I create new usernames because there is a stigma attached to me personally. It's the mods that need to "out" me that keeps it going. They should just leave me alone and let me post anonymously.

You make it really obvious.

Ed
10-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Well bpa is a luxury if you use the pick on a position that's one of the only strengths. bpa usually involves ignoring need. Of course you'd take the best player available if they were a need.
I like Fred Jackson, but he's nothing special and he's going to be 30 in February. And Lynch is one more dumb mistake away from a long term suspension and didn't do anything last year. On such a bad offense it may be easy to think that these guys are a strength, but I don't think our O had any strengths.

justasportsfan
10-13-2010, 12:50 PM
what were your other usernames?

G Wolly
10-13-2010, 12:51 PM

Maybe you should leave US alone.

Maybe that's the problem.

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2010, 12:54 PM
You are welcome G Wolly.

to me, it is clear that this thread sucks the big one.

G Wolly
10-13-2010, 12:56 PM
to me, it is clear that this thread sucks the big one.

So do the hundreds of others with the same message

bf1
10-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Maybe you should leave US alone.

Maybe that's the problem.
Who the heck are you to speak for everybody else?

Mr. Pink
10-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi Taylor!

TedMock
10-13-2010, 01:05 PM

Ignoring a need or not reaching for a need? I'm not defending Nix here, but I fully subscribe to a BPA within reason philosophy. This year, Bradford, for example, was hands down the only QB worth taking early. Reaching for Clausen, Tebow or any other bum would have been more foolish than picking a "luxury" in Spiller. There were a couple of OT's, maybe, but even they were a reach. I liked Anthony Davis there (he was the ONLY OT I like there), but he also had the mental case thing to worry about. You just never know with them. So far he's been okay, so maybe he could've been the pick. Other than that I think Spiller was the right pick. I love Fred Jackson, but the reality is that he's not a grade A RB. He's good and he'd be a great backup. Lynch spent the previous season getting out of shape and came back from his suspension looking fat and slow. There were no luxury picks. Also, Bill Polian and Ron Wolfe are two of the best GM's of our time. Both are on the record as BPA guys regardless of who you already have. Heck, Wolfe states it over and over and over in his book. Both held to that philosophy when they took over bad teams and stuck with it to improve good teams. I'm not a supporter or detractor of Nix at this point. There are things I like and dislike about him, but I would hope he continues to go with BPA (again, within reason).

When I say "within reason," I don't mean that we should draft Mark Ingram or that a RB is absolutely out of the question. I mean you weigh how far ahead you feel this guy is compared to bigger needs. I mean if we draft 2nd or 3rd next year and Luck is off the board, I would much rather go with the BPA (maybe a LB or DE or WR etc) instead of reaching for Mallett or Locker because they are the bigger need. Of course we're in good shape right now in that regard because we realistically, and desperately, need several positions.

G Wolly
10-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Who the heck are you to speak for everybody else?

Judging from the other posts against you, I'd say I'm not speaking for everybody, guy.

bf1
10-13-2010, 01:07 PM
what were your other usernames?
Too numerous to list. Lol

Cleve
10-13-2010, 01:12 PM
You are welcome G Wolly.

The fact that the sportscasters on WHAM 1180 in Rochester are already ridiculing him for his twangy country accent doesn't bode well for him. None of them really seemed to care what he had to say, just how he said it.

OpIv37
10-13-2010, 01:14 PM

LMAO.

No LT.
No RT.
No 3-4 LB's.
No 3-4 NT.
Mediocre 3-4 DE's
No WR's
No QB.
2 good RB's.

I know! let's draft another RB! I'm sure we can use UDFA WR's, Raider reject tackles, 4-3 DT's as NT's and the same QB's who didn't do dick for the last 3 years and be just fine!

justasportsfan
10-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Hi Taylor!

He's taylor?

Mr. Pink
10-13-2010, 01:22 PM
He's taylor?

I'm thinking....yes.

malo
10-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Compare it to fixing up a house. You have a broken toilet bowl and pipes that leak. You get a toilet bowl that works, but it isn't the one you really want. Do you buy another toilet bowl, or fix the pipes first?

RB. Maybe Lynch wasn't ultimately what we wanted. But he was surely good enough to last 2 more years. Especially with Fred too. They were fine. Maybe in 2 years when everything else is in order, there would be a better back than Spiller's potential. Who knows.

Instead right now, we're at square one. Or not even at square one.

We used to do the same crap with cornerbacks:
http://www.wgr550.com/BULLDOG--Why-it-s-bad-for-the-Buffalo-Bills/8337297

It's all redundant!!!

RockStar36
10-13-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm thinking....yes.

Look below.

bf1
10-13-2010, 01:26 PM
He's taylor?

Even I forget sometimes.

RockStar36
10-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Compare it to fixing up a house. You have a broken toilet bowl and pipes that leak. You get a toilet bowl that works, but it isn't the one you really want. Do you buy another toilet bowl, or fix the pipes first?

RB. Maybe Lynch wasn't ultimately what we wanted. But he was surely good enough to last 2 more years. Especially with Fred too. They were fine. Maybe in 2 years when everything else is in order, there would be a better back than Spiller's potential. Who knows.

Instead right now, we're at square one. Or not even at square one.

We used to do the same crap with cornerbacks:
http://www.wgr550.com/BULLDOG--Why-it-s-bad-for-the-Buffalo-Bills/8337297

It's all redundant!!!

Would Lynch have been good for 2 more years if he went out boozin again and got a year long suspension this time?

bf1
10-13-2010, 01:27 PM
damn habit. i didn't mean that.

bf1
10-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Would Lynch have been good for 2 more years if he went out boozin again and got a year long suspension this time?

Worth the risk instead of setting the team back years further.

Mr. Pink
10-13-2010, 01:28 PM

But Jackson and the average NFL backup RB would have been plenty for 3ish more years.

G Wolly
10-13-2010, 01:29 PM

Do you think before you type?

That's just sounds dumb.

RockStar36
10-13-2010, 01:30 PM
But Jackson and the average NFL backup RB would have been plenty for 3ish more years.

I don't disagree. I guess they didn't feel anybody else was worth the 9th pick.

bf1
10-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Do you think before you type?

That's just sounds dumb.

ok genius.

RockStar36
10-13-2010, 01:31 PM

Did one pick really set them back YEARS?

bf1
10-13-2010, 01:31 PM

So trade down.

bf1
10-13-2010, 01:32 PM

Not the one pick. The entire approach in year 1 of his "plan."

Mr. Pink

Personally I think the pick of Spiller was done to be flashy and give the team something to sell.

Each year it seems like it's something flashy to give the fanbase energy and hope before the season starts.

Not something that is building the team to get to the next level.

RockStar36
So trade down.

Do we know for sure that there was someone willing to trade up?

Mr. Pink

Yes. Technically.

JP Losman.

RockStar36
10-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Personally I think the pick of Spiller was done to be flashy and give the team something to sell.

Each year it seems like it's something flashy to give the fanbase energy and hope before the season starts.

Not something that is building the team to get to the next level.

I can go with that. I know the signing of T.O. was the same thing.

I liked the Spiller pick. Sure they could've taken a offensive or defensive lineman with the pick, but I don't think that one player would make the Bills better than what they are right now.

Now if they actually used Spiller, maybe he could make some plays and put some points on the board. But that would require them to use him.

justasportsfan
Even I forget sometimes.

well then, you create you own stigma.

RockStar36
Yes. Technically.

JP Losman.

Hmmm...touche.

I still don't think the Spiller pick set them back any. Now if they took Clausen with that pick, yes it would've.

G Wolly
10-13-2010, 01:38 PM
ok genius.

Hold onto Lynch and wait for him to make another dumb move causing another suspension, or let him hang around and rack up average stats.

We didn't need him either way.

Ed
10-13-2010, 01:43 PM
LMAO.

No LT.
No RT.
No 3-4 LB's.
No 3-4 NT.
Mediocre 3-4 DE's
No WR's
No QB.
2 good RB's.

I know! let's draft another RB! I'm sure we can use UDFA WR's, Raider reject tackles, 4-3 DT's as NT's and the same QB's who didn't do dick for the last 3 years and be just fine!
Op, why do you always ignore the fact that the draft consists of 7 rounds and not just the first pick? We used a draft pick on all of those positions. Good teams that are built through the draft don't have 22 first rounders at every position. If you're going to pick in the top 10, you want to get a superstar type talent. With so many needs on this team who would you have rather reached for? Bulaga, Bryant, Tebow, Claussen, Mount Cody?

The draft isn't about right now, it's about the future. Lynch and Jackson were never going to be a part of this teams future. They're just a couple dime a dozen RB's.

OpIv37
10-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Op, why do you always ignore the fact that the draft consists of 7 rounds and not just the first pick? We used a draft pick on all of those positions. Good teams that are built through the draft don't have 22 first rounders at every position. If you're going to pick in the top 10, you want to get a superstar type talent. With so many needs on this team who would you have rather reached for? Bulaga, Bryant, Tebow, Claussen, Mount Cody?

The draft isn't about right now, it's about the future. Lynch and Jackson were never going to be a part of this teams future. They're just a couple dime a dozen RB's.

Because we have huge glaring holes at numerous positions and need immediate starters at ALL those positions. We are not going to find them beyond the 2nd round or so, depending on position. I'd rather use the best pick we have on an immediate starter in a position of need than on a position where we already have 2 guys who can start.

I'm glad we didn't reach on any of the QB's but I think that first round pick could have been better spent for a starter in one of those other positions. When we have so many glaring holes, you are not going to convince me that there wasn't anyone of sufficient value at any of those positions available. And I would have taken Cody over Troup in the 2nd.

Yes, I realize you have to build the entire team through the draft, but when the hell are we going to live in the present. It always seems to be about a future that never arrives with this ****ing team.

TacklingDummy
10-13-2010, 01:50 PM

A combination of many bad picks, Losman, Whitner, Maybin, Lynch, POS, McCargo, Hardy, Edwards, McGahee, Williams, Reed, Denney, Henry etc...

RockStar36
10-13-2010, 01:55 PM
A combination of many bad picks, Losman, Whitner, Maybin, Lynch, POS, McCargo, Hardy, Edwards, McGahee, Williams, Reed, Denney, Henry etc...

Those were awful picks. But were they Buddy's fault?

TacklingDummy
10-13-2010, 02:00 PM
But were they Buddy's fault?
Nope.

Time will tell with his drafts.

Hopefully he doesn't jump the gun this year and draft a QB. Barkley will be there in 2012.

k-oneputt
10-13-2010, 02:02 PM

Wow. What a collection of overrated/terrible draft picks.

RockStar36
10-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Nope.

Time will tell with his drafts.

Hopefully he doesn't jump the gun this year and draft a QB. Barkley will be there in 2012.

We'll agree to disagree on this. Not only do I want a QB in this draft, I want nothing to do with Barkley.

k-oneputt
10-13-2010, 02:05 PM
I like Barkley, but they have no choice.
They have to go qb with the first pick in the draft.
Fans will not accept anything else. Unless you want to see 28,000 seating in the Ralph.

better days
10-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Too numerous to list. Lol

Well how many user names are you using right now? I think about 4 or 5.

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2010, 03:32 PM

they should all be banned. along with the ip address.

bf1
10-13-2010, 03:35 PM

one going forward. only 2 in the last year or so.

bf1
10-13-2010, 03:36 PM
they should all be banned. along with the ip address.
it doesn't violate the terms of service unless used to get around a ban or use to attack other posters. It's a perfectly acceptable practice.

Stewie
10-13-2010, 03:44 PM
He oversaw the 2009 draft, which included Aaron Maybin (Hired as a National Scout for the Buffalo Bills on January 26, 2009).

This is quite a leap. One of the national head scouts oversees the draft? Makes final player decisions? Really?

Stewie
10-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Semantics. If I tell you Maybin is good, and you pick him, who is to blame?

It's not semantics. The boss gets the credit or blame, that's how business life works.

Ed
10-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Because we have huge glaring holes at numerous positions and need immediate starters at ALL those positions. We are not going to find them beyond the 2nd round or so, depending on position. I'd rather use the best pick we have on an immediate starter in a position of need than on a position where we already have 2 guys who can start.

I'm glad we didn't reach on any of the QB's but I think that first round pick could have been better spent for a starter in one of those other positions. When we have so many glaring holes, you are not going to convince me that there wasn't anyone of sufficient value at any of those positions available. And I would have taken Cody over Troup in the 2nd.

Yes, I realize you have to build the entire team through the draft, but when the hell are we going to live in the present. It always seems to be about a future that never arrives with this ****ing team.
I don't know, I think the best franchises around the league are good because they get solid production from some of their round 3-7 players. Even in the first 2 rounds it's not always easy to find guys that can be immediate starters, so I feel that the focus of the draft should always be who can help you the most in the long term. Even if we had been able to use the #9 pick on lets say an immediate impact DL or LB player, we would still be looking towards the future that never seems to arrive because high picks like Whitner and Maybin who should start making impacts in the present aren't doing squat. It sucks to be in this situation and we're all tired of it, but I would rather see us use our top picks to draft great talent like a CJ Spiller, who has super star potential, then waste a 1st round pick on a John McCargo because we really need a DT and he looks like the best available. Every team has holes and needs every single year and you can't predict things like injuries or who's going to be a bust, so I'd rather see us focused on acquiring the best talent first and foremost while keeping needs in mind.

Obviously there are always exceptions, but I'm not going to blast the Spiller pick when no one ever says who they would have picked instead that would be making that immediate impact right now at a position of need.

Ginger Vitis
10-13-2010, 04:49 PM
You need to stick with the username NixNix.. I give it a 9 for originality

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-13-2010, 06:01 PM

He did virtually nothing to improve the team after hired as GM on 12/31/09. Unless you are impressed with:
LB Reggie Torbor
DE Dwan Edwards
LB Andra Davis
OT Cornell Green

Given the needs, he drafted Spiller. Granted the kid looks like he has superstar talent, but to draft BPA is a luxury for good teams.

He mishandled the Lynch trade to some degree. Even though the result is ultimately the same, the handing of it was pretty sloppy as documented by reporters. He's not nicknamed "bumbling Buddy" for nothing.

Both Buddy and Chan needed to “see for themselves” the limitations of Trent Edwards (and the rest of the team for that matter) and completely ignoring what we've known all along. No excuse whatsoever in this area. This is what they’re supposed to be experts at.

He gave a contract extension to Chris Kelsay. One of the most underperfroming players on the defense. The move was to provide a model/leader for other players to follow. There is no wonder the team stinks if Kelsay is the model. On one hand they talk of eliminating the losing culture, on the other they perpetuate losing with this move.

The fact that he waiting until week 3 and 4 of this season to finally “get it” results in both lost time, and what’s obvious is the team got worse. You can't take a year off in the NFL. You'll get stampeded, which is obviously happening.

What has he done to improve the team? Please DO NOT mention “bottoming out” as that’s an excuse for losers. There is no reason Buddy Nix could not have started his “3 year plan” on day 1. By the way, since we’re almost a year in, I guess it was a 4 year plan all along? BS. There is no real plan. It's clear.

The writing is on the wall. We SHOULD NOT WAIT any longer before calling out this failure of a GM. Or else, 3 years from now we’ll be patiently waiting for another 3 year plan from another loser GM.

Spot on brother. Spot on. Nix is a buffoon. :hockey:

G Wolly
10-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Grow up

bf1
10-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Taylor and I are diffrent people. Mods can confirm.

G Wolly
10-13-2010, 06:21 PM

Okay.

Now go away.

bf1
10-13-2010, 06:27 PM
No

Beebe's Kid
10-13-2010, 06:49 PM

I've read your blog, bro. I think it's good.

This douche used "semantics," which he used in the exact same context under one of her other user names the other day.

One of the several good things about his board is that trolls get dealt with.

I have to laugh...I was on Two Bills Drive the other day, and the poster that uses all of the random "caps" and "z's" was over there as a new poster. He had like a 3 page thread going on his bull****. That was refreshing, as maybe that's the end of his **** here.

I think nixnix is actually Brian Billick.

better days
10-13-2010, 07:24 PM

I don't believe it. You probably have one account at Moms house & the other at Dads house.

Mad Max
10-13-2010, 07:39 PM
The fact that the sportscasters on WHAM 1180 in Rochester are already ridiculing him for his twangy country accent doesn't bode well for him. None of them really seemed to care what he had to say, just how he said it.

Ok, that's just those guys being stupid (filling airtime) which is cool I guess since radio DJ's are on the air for hours and I'm sure it becomes hard to continue to find fresh things to talk about.

Mad Max
10-13-2010, 07:54 PM
.....I was on Two Bills Drive the other day, and the poster that uses all of the random "caps" and "z's" was over there as a new poster. He had like a 3 page thread going on his bull.......

I have a strong feeling that your buddy "Z-man" is someone that posted here in the past under a different name and that the "Z's" are used as a literary disguise.

I think it's fairly clever actually, since it would be difficult otherwise to constantly have to change up your writing style so as not to divulge your true identity.

They gotta be more consistent though, as sometimes they accidentally (randomly) drop out of Z-cap-ghetto mode and write coherently.

bf1
10-13-2010, 07:55 PM
I've read your blog, bro. I think it's good.

This douche used "semantics," which he used in the exact same context under one of her other user names the other day.

One of the several good things about his board is that trolls get dealt with.

I have to laugh...I was on Two Bills Drive the other day, and the poster that uses all of the random "caps" and "z's" was over there as a new poster. He had like a 3 page thread going on his bull****. That was refreshing, as maybe that's the end of his **** here.

I think nixnix is actually Brian Billick.
Oh you're SO smart.

I'm no troll. I just despise bumbling Buddy.

ZAZusmc03
10-13-2010, 08:12 PM
I have a strong feeling that your buddy "Z-man" is someone that posted here in the past under a different name and that the "Z's" are used as a literary disguise.

I think it's fairly clever actually, since it would be difficult otherwise to constantly have to change up your writing style so as not to divulge your true identity.

They gotta be more consistent though, as sometimes they accidentally (randomly) drop out of Z-cap-ghetto mode and write coherently.

I almost posted this exact statement this morning around 2am after the z user commented on about 15 threads saying the exact same thing over and over again. Clever ploy, but not very good execution.

Mad Max
10-13-2010, 08:19 PM
I almost posted this exact statement this morning around 2am after the z user commented on about 15 threads saying the exact same thing over and over again. Clever ploy, but not very good execution.

Yes very sloppy, but effective nonetheless. I've been a member here for a long time and I have no clue who he is (was).

bf1
12-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Congratulations bumbling buddy.

Prov401
12-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Silly bump

G Wolly
12-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Congratulations bumbling buddy.

By losing another game to a team we haven't beaten in 8 years.

Yea, way to ****in' go. What a tool bag.

BertSquirtgum
12-26-2010, 11:34 PM
this post is a dumb

edited for circumventing the filter...King

G Wolly
12-26-2010, 11:35 PM
this post is a dumb ****

This post found a TOS loophole.

Extremebillsfan247
12-27-2010, 12:03 AM

And being hired as a scout and being the one making the draft pick are 2 different things. Thus continues the never ending cycle among Bills fans.

Oaf
12-27-2010, 12:14 AM
username/trolling accusations aside, can't disagree w/ anything stated in the original post.

Extremebillsfan247
12-27-2010, 12:19 AM

LB Reggie Torbor
DE Dwan Edwards
LB Andra Davis
OT Cornell Green

The National Scout doesn't make draft decisions. In fact, no scout makes draft decisions. That's not their job. The job of a scout is thorough analysis of the prospects the team sends him to look at. The decision on who gets drafted falls to the GM and Coaching Staff. Although Nix is on the clock for the CJ Spiller draft, your dead wrong on Maybin. Nix had nothing to do with that.

bf1
12-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Bumbling Buddy took a 6 win team, did nothing, and turned it into a 4 win team. Congrats bumbling Buddy.

G Wolly
12-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Bumbling Buddy took a 6 win team, did nothing, and turned it into a 4 win team. Congrats bumbling Buddy.

This 4 win team is twice as competitive as Jauron's team.

Quitcher *****in'

Night Train
12-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Mark Gaughan reported that Jauron had the final call on picks during his tenure. Nice try.

This is like Rosie O'Donnell blaming spoons.

Cleve
12-28-2010, 07:43 AM
This 4 win team is twice as competitive as Jauron's team.

Quitcher *****in'
In 1999, the New England Patriots had an 8-8 record.

Belichick's first year as HC with the Patriots in 2000.... the Patriots went 5-11, and finished last in the AFC East. On paper, the Patriots were a much worse team in 2000 than 1999 - they had 3 fewer wins than 1999.

No doubt the pissing and moaning from the Patriots fan base was huge after the 2000 season.

The very next year- 2001 - the Patriots started out 0-2, and Bledsoe went out with an injury. I can only imagine the negative chatter on any Patriots fan forums at that point. However, the Patriots turned the season around, and won their first Super Bowl championship.

The Bills *could* turn it around in 2011. We've seen glimmers of hope. Time will tell. We really need excellent drafting, and a good quarterback to help shake up this team.

EDS
12-28-2010, 10:19 AM
In 1999, the New England Patriots had an 8-8 record.

Belichick's first year as HC with the Patriots in 2000.... the Patriots went 5-11, and finished last in the AFC East. On paper, the Patriots were a much worse team in 2000 than 1999 - they had 3 fewer wins than 1999.

No doubt the pissing and moaning from the Patriots fan base was huge after the 2000 season.

The very next year- 2001 - the Patriots started out 0-2, and Bledsoe went out with an injury. I can only imagine the negative chatter on any Patriots fan forums at that point. However, the Patriots turned the season around, and won their first Super Bowl championship.

The Bills *could* turn it around in 2011. We've seen glimmers of hope. Time will tell. We really need excellent drafting, and a good quarterback to help shake up this team.

The Bills *could* have one of the greatest players in NFL history on their bench.

justasportsfan
12-28-2010, 10:22 AM

you think Jauron could have done better if he was still our coach? With the strength of schedule I doubt we would have won anything. Trent would still be our qb and Maybin our starting DE.

Thief
12-28-2010, 10:48 AM
It's not semantics. The boss gets the credit or blame, that's how business life works.**** rolls down hill.

Thief
12-28-2010, 10:50 AM
What? They are supposed to be experts at taking someone's (a fan at that) word for it, or assessing it themselves?

better days
12-28-2010, 11:04 AM
you think Jauron could have done better if he was still our coach? With the strength of schedule I doubt we would have won anything. Trent would still be our qb and Maybin our starting DE.

Then Jauron would have picked a DB with the 1st pick in the draft.

Historian
12-28-2010, 11:15 AM
This franchise willnever win the big one with RW at the helm.

Nighthawk
12-28-2010, 11:26 AM
This franchise willnever win the big one with RW at the helm.

This is true...

bf1
12-28-2010, 11:34 AM
No. I like chan. Too bad bumbling buddy is giving him nothing to work with.

TacklingDummy
12-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Dont confuse people with facts.

Bill Cody
12-28-2010, 11:46 AM

Is this thread more or less enjoyable for you than the exact same thread you started as Dr. Zeus? Or was it Taylor Not so Swift?

justasportsfan
12-28-2010, 03:12 PM

I was talking about GM Dick Jauron who had a major influence in who we drafted. Dick would have picked Dick to remain the HC while Nix picked Chan who you say you like.

bf1
12-29-2010, 10:44 AM
I was talking about GM Dick Jauron who had a major influence in who we drafted. Dick would have picked Dick to remain the HC while Nix picked Chan who you say you like.
I flat out refuse to believe that it was entirely Dick Jauron's decision to draft Maybin. He HAD to have gotten input from his scouting staff, cough bumbling buddy nix cough.

This idea that it's all Jauron's fault is a marketing gimmick that gullible homers are believing.

Listen, I hated Jauron as a coach. I hate the front office (which is almost entirely the same front office for years) more.

justasportsfan
12-29-2010, 10:56 AM
I flat out refuse to believe that it was entirely Dick Jauron's decision to draft Maybin.

Whose philosophy is it to have fast/undersized linemen? AHA!

Bill Cody
12-29-2010, 11:02 AM
I flat out refuse to believe that it was entirely Dick Jauron's decision to draft Maybin. He HAD to have gotten input from his scouting staff, cough bumbling buddy nix cough.

This idea that it's all Jauron's fault is a marketing gimmick that gullible homers are believing.

Listen, I hated Jauron as a coach. I hate the front office (which is almost entirely the same front office for years) more.

Buddy Nix begged Jauron to draft Orakpo on his hands and knees. Where's my proof? Ok there isn't any. By the same token you have no proof that Nix had a damn thing to do with Maybin being selected. In fact Taylor you have NO IDEA what Buddy Nix said about Maybin. None. Making **** up doesn't make us homers and you a realist it just means you have less than zero credibility.:sadbye:

bf1
12-29-2010, 11:03 AM
I AM NOT TAYLOR!

Bill Cody
12-29-2010, 11:10 AM
I AM NOT TAYLOR!

yes you are and you're Dr. Zeuss. Man up and admit it. No chance there's 2 guys on the planet with posts that similar and that annoying

better days
12-29-2010, 11:11 AM
I AM NOT TAYLOR!

Well Taylor & his alters is the only person on this board to repeat the same stupid thread over & over as you did with Nix so you would appear to be Taylor until proven otherwise.

justasportsfan
12-29-2010, 11:12 AM
yes you are and you're Dr. Zeuss. Man up and admit it. No chance there's 2 guys on the planet with posts that similar and that annoying

he's not Dr. Zeuss. Bf1 is the former Mitchell55

Bill Cody
12-29-2010, 11:14 AM

Probably all the same guy. He's already admitted he's used multiple user names.

better days
12-29-2010, 11:14 AM

But do we know Mitchell55 is not Taylor or the Dr.?

SABURZFAN
12-30-2010, 04:58 PM
But do we know Mitchell55 is not Taylor or the Dr.?

tell us, yordad.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2010, 05:01 PM

I thought Bf1 was the former ICE?

bf1
12-30-2010, 05:34 PM
I used to go by the name wys.

Mad Max
12-30-2010, 05:54 PM
I used to go by the name wys.

Not.Remotely.Possible.

There was NEVER a single post that consisted of less than 250 words by Wys the wingman.

Dude
12-31-2010, 07:55 AM
Bf1 Is not Taylor. That user was banned.

Stick to football and let the staff deal with running the site.

Thanks.

SquishDaFish
12-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Wow what a garbage thread filled with garbage posts from a user with 50 names LOL

Bill Cody
12-31-2010, 09:42 AM
Bf1 Is not Taylor. That user was banned.

Stick to football and let the staff deal with running the site.

Thanks.

:balloons:

sqad5
12-31-2010, 10:15 AM
I wish i had a cup for all these crying tears. If we were stranded on a island we would not die from thirst.

bf1
01-17-2011, 05:58 PM
4 wins. Pathetic. At this rate, we'll be looking back fondly at the 7-9 seasons.

G Wolly
01-17-2011, 11:45 PM
4 wins. Pathetic. At this rate, we'll be looking back fondly at the 7-9 seasons.

Another "worse record" argument.

So again I say,

this 4-win team has shown more heart than all of the Jauron 7-9 teams combined.

So shut up.

Spiderweb
01-18-2011, 12:04 AM

...and Nix was the only scout making recommendations? Maybin, shmaybin, word on the street was that Maybin was not his guy and that Jauron had final say on those drafted during his stay in Buffalo. Nix generally worked the South East in his scouting days.

Just a guess, but I'd be willing to wager a ton that he's likely forgotten more about football than you'll ever know. Yes, I haven't given up on Nix (who is grooming Whaley for the next GM in Buffalo) as he's a football guy.

Maybe you'd prefer Brandon?

bf1
01-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Another "worse record" argument.

So again I say,

this 4-win team has shown more heart than all of the Jauron 7-9 teams combined.

So shut up.
More heart why? Because they are lovable losers?

Jeff1220
01-18-2011, 08:20 PM
"Why Nix Blows?"

'Cause he needed the money. Oh!

G Wolly
01-18-2011, 10:49 PM
More heart why? Because they are lovable losers?

Because 5 games were decided by 3 points or less and hung in with most teams until the very end.

What about your precious 7-9 teams?

ServoBillieves
01-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Nix is given a turrible team with mediocre players and in 1 year he didn't fix it.

That is why Nix is turrible. Am I right? Do I win the whining prize?

Turf
01-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Nix is given a turrible team with mediocre players and in 1 year he didn't fix it.

That is why Nix is turrible. Am I right? Do I win the whining prize?

Tell me you really know how to spell terrible but you're trying to be cool. Please. I don't think I can handle this place anymore.

bf1
12-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh how bumbling buddy blows, let me count the ways.

Cleve
12-11-2011, 06:34 PM
I was listening to WGR550 about 11:30 AM today, and they were discussing how Nix laughed when Maybin was let go - he couldn't imagine what position Maybin could possibly play again in the NFL.

Well, an INTERN for the Jets has helped turn Maybin around from useless to at least useful now for the Jets. What kind of coaches has Nix hired that couldn't do the same? Maybe Nix should be laughing at the caliber of staff he has hired, and maybe he should try to FIX the problems?

Who are we kidding? Nix and Gailey are just waiting for retirement. They will hang around another year or two, then we'll "rebuild" yet again with another ill-conceived (and cheap) coaching/management staff.

Mr. Pink
12-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Think Dick Jauron will take the job back?

Yes, this coaching staff is that bad.

Cleve
12-11-2011, 06:56 PM
See my post above - other teams like the Jets apparently have better INTERNS than we have paid COACHES. Unbelievable!

This team has been terrible ever since that Wilson character fired Butler back in 2000 and appointed his egotistical, arrogant and semi-competent self as grand pooh-bah and resident expert on football

EDS
12-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Thank you Buddy for your solid work during the 2010 draft!

Big old pile of fail for Buddy yesterday. Guess they miss him out west given how bad another 5-7 team dismantled the Bills.

Mathews is closing in on 1000 yards this season while Spiller is closing in on 600 career rushing yards.

Big first half for Spiller yesterday.

better days
12-12-2011, 11:54 AM
I was listening to WGR550 about 11:30 AM today, and they were discussing how Nix laughed when Maybin was let go - he couldn't imagine what position Maybin could possibly play again in the NFL.

Well, an INTERN for the Jets has helped turn Maybin around from useless to at least useful now for the Jets. What kind of coaches has Nix hired that couldn't do the same? Maybe Nix should be laughing at the caliber of staff he has hired, and maybe he should try to FIX the problems?

Who are we kidding? Nix and Gailey are just waiting for retirement. They will hang around another year or two, then we'll "rebuild" yet again with another ill-conceived (and cheap) coaching/management staff.

Well, after being cut by the Bills maybe Maybin was willing to LISTEN to an intern for the Jets. Nobody knows what Maybin did in Buffalo as far as studying the game goes. As a 1st rnd pick he may have been unwilling to put any time into studying. Many 1st rnd picks are like that.

Cleve
12-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Is Spiller really that bad? Or is it the play calling/the way they are using Spiller, and coaching him, that's bad? He was a tremendous, dynamic college player - it's hard to believe he could be a total non-factor in the NFL.

Imagine if the Bills cut him, and he went to another team and did better?

better days
12-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Is Spiller really that bad? Or is it the play calling/the way they are using Spiller, and coaching him, that's bad? He was a tremendous, dynamic college player - it's hard to believe he could be a total non-factor in the NFL.

Imagine if the Bills cut him, and he went to another team and did better?

I would hate the thought of Spiller in N.E. I still think he will be a good back in Buffalo & Chan will get more out of him. I think Fitz was the main reason the Bills looked so bad yesterday.

bf1
10-01-2012, 12:28 PM
So, how's he doing?

Skooby
10-01-2012, 12:29 PM
So, how's he doing?

He blows but we're all in denial.

jdaltroy5
10-01-2012, 12:42 PM
He oversaw the 2009 draft, which included Aaron Maybin (Hired as a National Scout for the Buffalo Bills on January 26, 2009).It also provided Wood, Byrd, and Levitre.

LB Reggie Torbor
DE Dwan Edwards
LB Andra Davis
OT Cornell Green

How are they working out?He's also signed:
Barnett
M. Williams
Urbik
Pears
Rhinehart
Anderson

Given the needs, he drafted Spiller. Granted the kid looks like he has superstar talent, but to draft BPA is a luxury for good teams.Ok, say we go for need. Who do we take? Bulaga? Anthony Davis? Tebow? Those were needs and they would've been horrible picks.

He mishandled the Lynch trade to some degree. Even though the result is ultimately the same, the handing of it was pretty sloppy as documented by reporters. He's not nicknamed "bumbling Buddy" for nothing.Who calls him "bumbling Buddy"?

Both Buddy and Chan needed to “see for themselves” the limitations of Trent Edwards (and the rest of the team for that matter) and completely ignoring what we've known all along. No excuse whatsoever in this area. This is what they’re supposed to be experts at.They thought they could fix him. They couldn't and dropped him after 2 games.

He gave a contract extension to Chris Kelsay. One of the most underperfroming players on the defense. The move was to provide a model/leader for other players to follow. There is no wonder the team stinks if Kelsay is the model. On one hand they talk of eliminating the losing culture, on the other they perpetuate losing with this move.Kelsay isn't spectacular, but he's solid. Plus he has a good motor and doesn't quit on the field. Maybe some more of a high priced guys SHOULD take after him.

The fact that he waiting until week 3 and 4 of this season to finally “get it” results in both lost time, and what’s obvious is the team got worse. You can't take a year off in the NFL. You'll get stampeded, which is obviously happening.I have no idea who or what you're talking about here.

What has he done to improve the team? Please DO NOT mention “bottoming out” as that’s an excuse for losers. There is no reason Buddy Nix could not have started his “3 year plan” on day 1. By the way, since we’re almost a year in, I guess it was a 4 year plan all along? BS. There is no real plan. It's clear.We have much more talent on this roster than we did 3 years ago. What the coaching staff does with that talent is not directly his fault. I think he is very good at finding talented players, but I do not like the coaching staff he assembled.

The writing is on the wall. We SHOULD NOT WAIT any longer before calling out this failure of a GM. Or else, 3 years from now we’ll be patiently waiting for another 3 year plan from another loser GM.I'm hoping our next loser GM is Whaley.

bf1
10-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Is this year the year the team "bottoms out" so that the REAL rebuilding can begin?