X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bf1
    • Oct 2010

Why Nix Blows

He oversaw the 2009 draft, which included Aaron Maybin (Hired as a National Scout for the Buffalo Bills on January 26, 2009).

He did virtually nothing to improve the team after hired as GM on 12/31/09. Unless you are impressed with:
    LB Reggie Torbor
    DE Dwan Edwards
    LB Andra Davis
    OT Cornell Green

How are they working out?

Given the needs, he drafted Spiller. Granted the kid looks like he has superstar talent, but to draft BPA is a luxury for good teams.

He mishandled the Lynch trade to some degree. Even though the result is ultimately the same, the handing of it was pretty sloppy as documented by reporters. He's not nicknamed "bumbling Buddy" for nothing.

Both Buddy and Chan needed to “see for themselves” the limitations of Trent Edwards (and the rest of the team for that matter) and completely ignoring what we've known all along. No excuse whatsoever in this area. This is what they’re supposed to be experts at.

He gave a contract extension to Chris Kelsay. One of the most underperfroming players on the defense. The move was to provide a model/leader for other players to follow. There is no wonder the team stinks if Kelsay is the model. On one hand they talk of eliminating the losing culture, on the other they perpetuate losing with this move.

The fact that he waiting until week 3 and 4 of this season to finally “get it” results in both lost time, and what’s obvious is the team got worse. You can't take a year off in the NFL. You'll get stampeded, which is obviously happening.

What has he done to improve the team? Please DO NOT mention “bottoming out” as that’s an excuse for losers. There is no reason Buddy Nix could not have started his “3 year plan” on day 1. By the way, since we’re almost a year in, I guess it was a 4 year plan all along? BS. There is no real plan. It's clear.

The writing is on the wall. We SHOULD NOT WAIT any longer before calling out this failure of a GM. Or else, 3 years from now we’ll be patiently waiting for another 3 year plan from another loser GM.
    Last edited by bf1; 10-13-2010, 12:27 PM.

• G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Re: Why Nix Blows

Thanks for joining the boards to repeat the same message.

P.S. Nice choice on the username
    Last edited by G Wolly; 10-13-2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Bangarang
      • Sep 2010

And yet, if he hadn't of drafted Spiller and he goes on to be a star player in this league, people would be saying Nix is terrible for not drafting BPA.

And being hired as a scout and being the one making the draft pick are 2 different things.

Comment

• bf1
        • Oct 2010

You are welcome G Wolly.

As I peruse other threads, there seem to be more people with confidence in Nix than otherwise. I'm just writing out my points as to why it's clear that Nix is in over his head.

Comment

• bf1
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Bangarang
          And yet, if he hadn't of drafted Spiller and he goes on to be a star player in this league, people would be saying Nix is terrible for not drafting BPA.

And being hired as a scout and being the one making the draft pick are 2 different things.
          Do scouts make the recommendations?

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by nixnix
            You are welcome G Wolly.

As I peruse other threads, there seem to be more people with confidence in Nix than otherwise. I'm just writing out my points as to why it's clear that Nix is in over his head.
            Maybe if you give this opinion under 10 other usernames it will looks like tons of people agree with you!

D & S Sports

Comment

• bf1
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by RockStar36
              Maybe if you give this opinion under 10 other usernames it will looks like tons of people agree with you!
              Write it up on your blog, so that 3 people will read it!

Comment

• Bangarang
                • Sep 2010

Do scouts make the recommendations?
                Do they make the picks?

Comment

• bf1
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Bangarang
                  Do they make the picks?
                  Semantics. If I tell you Maybin is good, and you pick him, who is to blame?

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Why do people say drafting BPA is a luxury? We are a bad team with no talent. Drafting the best players we can isn't a luxury, it's a need. We desperately need good players all over the place, so why not draft the best players we can?

I think drafting for need to fill a hole is a luxury good teams can afford because they are talented everywhere else.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                      • Jul 2002

Hmmmm...if you're so new here, why would you make a shot at his blog? Sounds like a troll to me.

Comment

• bf1
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Ed
                        Why do people say drafting BPA is a luxury? We are a bad team with no talent. Drafting the best players we can isn't a luxury, it's a need. We desperately need good players all over the place, so why not draft the best players we can?

I think drafting for need to fill a hole is a luxury good teams can afford because they are talented everywhere else.
                        Well bpa is a luxury if you use the pick on a position that's one of the only strengths. bpa usually involves ignoring need. Of course you'd take the best player available if they were a need.

Comment

• bf1
                          • Oct 2010

I create new usernames because there is a stigma attached to me personally. It's the mods that need to "out" me that keeps it going. They should just leave me alone and let me post anonymously.

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

Maybe I will. Oh wait, I do. And I guess you're one of those people. I'm honored.

D & S Sports

Comment

• bf1
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by RockStar36
                              Maybe I will. Oh wait, I do. And I guess you're one of those people. I'm honored.
                              Maybe the other 2 people think it's any good.

Comment

Working...
                              X