PDA

View Full Version : Quallity Bills Player

Buffalo Thriller
10-13-2010, 05:53 PM
How many guys on this team would you consider a solid NFL player? I originally thought I could at-least state 6-7. This is all i could manage.

Evans
Jackson
Moorman
Levitre(I like that guy)

Maybe Byrd. He hasn't done much.
It just goes to show the state of our football team when 1 receiver,a former NFL Europa RB, and an O guard. 1 questionable nomination on defense. sad..

Mr. Pink
10-13-2010, 05:54 PM
I can state 2.

Moorman.

Sanborn.

Buffalo Thriller
10-13-2010, 05:56 PM
I can state 2.

Moorman.

Sanborn.

I stretched after Moorman...

RoscoeMagic
10-13-2010, 05:58 PM
I like McGee. And if you're counting Moorman, you gotta count Sanborn and Lindell. Parrish as a PR, Spiller as a KR too. Other than that? I think Kyle Williams is a good player in a tampa 2 defense.

Ingtar33
10-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Kyle Williams - he was a probowler last year mind you... he's not elite but he's a high motor, hard worker, who you'd never hate to have on your team or starting, and who many og's and centers hate playing against, becaue he never stops. He's a bit overmatched as a 3-4 nt at times, but he's not really the weakness i thought he'd be going into this year and is taking on successfully a LOT of double teams to my surprise.

Brian Moorman - top 2 or 3 punter in the league for a decade.

Ryan Lindell - got to hand it to him, he's a good kicker.

Lee Evans - 2nd or 1st wr on most teams.

Fred Jackson - 3rd down back min on most teams... some teams a starter.

Wood and Levitre - elite? no... but solid starters... for sure. Wood lost a little strength, so he's probably strugglign from the leg injury, Levitre is having a tough season, but all said they both could start on many o-lines in the league.

McGee/Florence/McKelvin/Byrd/Wilson - all could start for most teams in the league... are they elite? i'd say 1 or 2 of them are... the rest are quality to average.

Beebe's Kid
10-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Whitner

Buffalo Thriller
10-13-2010, 07:37 PM
I like Wood Levitre on the O-Line, i think we could draft a legit NFL caliber guy and solidify it that much more.

Demon
10-13-2010, 07:37 PM
How many guys on this team would you consider a solid NFL player? I originally thought I could at-least state 6-7. This is all i could manage.

Evans
Jackson
Moorman
Levitre(I like that guy)

It just goes to show the state of our football team when 1 receiver,a former NFL Europa RB, and an O guard. 1 questionable nomination on defense. sad..

Evans? Really?

G Wolly
10-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Trent Edwa....

Marshawn Ly....

:idunno:

Buffalo Thriller
10-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Terrell Ow......
Aaron Sc....

Method Maker
10-13-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm new here, but i think its sad when r best player is the kickers

Buffalo Thriller
10-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Lindell, no. Moorman yeah.

airdog32
10-14-2010, 02:35 AM
jim kelley, thurman, kent hull, ruben brown, andre reed, bruce smith, talley, bisket, phil hansen, Moulds, Bledsoe, travis henry, ken davis, oh wait that was 20 years ago!!!!!

T-Long
10-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Eric Wood
Lee Evans
Kyle Williams
Jairus Byrd
Rian Lindell
Brian Moorman
Fred Jackson

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Whitner > Byrd

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Whitner > Byrd

Disagree.

Byrd had a good season followed by 4 bad games (he didn't play week 1). Whitner has had about 4 good games over 5 seasons.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 08:37 AM

Evans
Jackson
Moorman
Levitre(I like that guy)

Let's do it this way: Find a fan of another team. The rules are this: You can trade any player on your team straight up for the Bills player at the same position- no limit on the number. Who on your team would you trade under those circumstances?

Most fans of other teams would be lucky to find 2 or 3 guys that would be an improvement.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Disagree.

Byrd had a good season followed by 4 bad games (he didn't play week 1). Whitner has had about 4 good games over 5 seasons.
Byrd had a half good season last year - his tackling and run defense were horrible. Pass defense - OK. He was opportunistic, but quickly got way overrated here.

This season Whitner has been the Bills best or second best player on defense.

And he has had more than 4 good games over 5 years.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Byrd had a half good season last year - his tackling and run defense were horrible. Pass defense - OK. He was opportunistic, but quickly got way overrated here.

This season Whitner has been the Bills best or second best player on defense.

And he has had more than 4 good games over 5 years.

no, he really doesn't have more than 4 good games in 5 years. Even in the games where he makes a couple of plays, he usually also gets run over and/or beat in the passing game as well. He can't cover a TE out of the backfield to save his life, let alone a receiver. And he literally has 3 big hits in 5 years. Everyone talks about run support, but I can think of at least two times where he whiffed on an RB in the hole, leading to a long touchdown run (McGahee did it when we played Balt a couple years back and LT this year).

Yeah, the guy's the 2nd best defender on a D that gives up 35 points a game. Good for him.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2010, 08:59 AM
no, he really doesn't have more than 4 good games in 5 years. Even in the games where he makes a couple of plays, he usually also gets run over and/or beat in the passing game as well. He can't cover a TE out of the backfield to save his life, let alone a receiver. And he literally has 3 big hits in 5 years. Everyone talks about run support, but I can think of at least two times where he whiffed on an RB in the hole, leading to a long touchdown run (McGahee did it when we played Balt a couple years back and LT this year).

Yeah, the guy's the 2nd best defender on a D that gives up 35 points a game. Good for him.
Can you stop brining up the McIdiot play?

You ***** when people bring up a good play he made years ago, yet you still go back to that one.

All safeties miss tackles. If that is your criteria, there are no safeties you will like. None. If you watch every play Ed Reed is in, you will see him miss tackles too.

And he has more big hits than that, but there is not point in discussing that.

His "missed plays" get more dissected than any player I ever seen on this team.

Bills Juggernaut
10-14-2010, 09:01 AM
What's sad is that our big FA pickup of the off season, Dwan Edwards, is not even mentioned.

Another great pick up by our front offiice.

stuckincincy
10-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Unfortunate misspelling in this threads' title...

:chug:

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Can you stop brining up the McIdiot play?

You ***** when people bring up a good play he made years ago, yet you still go back to that one.

All safeties miss tackles. If that is your criteria, there are no safeties you will like. None. If you watch every play Ed Reed is in, you will see him miss tackles too.

And he has more big hits than that, but there is not point in discussing that.

His "missed plays" get more dissected than any player I ever seen on this team.

the problem is that the good plays for Whitner are the rarity. The plays like whiffing on McGahee and LT are the norm, but they don't all lead to touchdowns so those are just the most memorable ones. All S's miss tackles, but most also do things like make plays in the passing game to make up for it. Not Whitner.

And no, he doesn't have more big hits than that. He literally has 3.

dannyek71
10-14-2010, 11:06 AM
John McCargo

Beebe's Kid
10-14-2010, 11:15 AM
the problem is that the good plays for Whitner are the rarity. The plays like whiffing on McGahee and LT are the norm, but they don't all lead to touchdowns so those are just the most memorable ones. All S's miss tackles, but most also do things like make plays in the passing game to make up for it. Not Whitner.

And no, he doesn't have more big hits than that. He literally has 3.

That's two...2. Are you using the exception to prove the rule?? I know how you like that when somebody does it to you.

Whitner isn't HOF material, but man, you guys have a huge hard on for a guy that actually cares.

Lecter is absolutely right, there is no player that is under the magnifying glass like Whitner. Every play people are yelling and screaming that he ****ed up.

I will just ask one question...Who could we have drafted if we didn't take Whitner??

T-Long
10-14-2010, 01:03 PM
I will just ask one question...Who could we have drafted if we didn't take Whitner??
Ngata right?

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
That's two...2. Are you using the exception to prove the rule?? I know how you like that when somebody does it to you.

Whitner isn't HOF material, but man, you guys have a huge hard on for a guy that actually cares.

Lecter is absolutely right, there is no player that is under the magnifying glass like Whitner. Every play people are yelling and screaming that he ****ed up.

Did you even READ my post? Those are the two most memorable of dozens.

There are 3 reasons Whitner is under the microscope:
1. Where he was drafted
2. He brings it upon himself with his loud mouth
3. Posters like you who defend everything the guy does and come here week after week trying to say his mistakes are the "exception to the rule."

Next you're going to tell me that he's a "great leader" without giving one concrete example of his leadership. I'll never understand why so many people insist on defending his mouth and mediocrity.

Ingtar33
10-14-2010, 01:50 PM
no, he doesn't have more big hits than that. He literally has 3.

Ok... i agree with most of what you wrote... and yes Whitner has been a liability in pass defense every game as a pro...

however.

I can think of 4-6 good solid licks he placed this year alone. the guy gets rather solid pops every game. you're just so pissed at him you ignore it or forget it or are too busy complaining that he just smacked a player who already gained 8 yards and a first down.

He doesn’t crush people all the time, but he’s had some pretty hard hits… I think part of the issue is he doesn’t crack people helmet to helmet, so the sound isn’t as obvious but he is taking people off their feet like they were hit pretty tough and the sound of the shoulder pads is pretty impressive.

Coming from someone who stands on the sidelines nearly every day I know a hard solid hit when I see one and he definitely brings it.

now that i'm through defending his rep as a hard hitter (one he's earned with the players of the league mind you) i've got to say he is not a quality player and shouldn't be on anyone's list.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 01:56 PM
I can recall two good cracks by Whitner this year. One was on Cooley in pre-season, and the other was in the regular season but I can't remember which game.

Mindbender
10-14-2010, 01:57 PM
CJ Spiller
Leodis McKelvin